It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 20
<< 17  18  19   >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:55 AM
link   
I say that I'm on the Left, for most of the issues that are being dealt with, ESPECIALLY SOCIAL ISSUES, because I'm a liberal.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
If I had a dollar for every post about Bush/Limbaugh/Beck getting a bullet in the brain, I could retire.

Change the name to Obama?

Hate crime/fanatic right-wing insanity/jail time/deny free speech for haters. . .

If you threaten the President, an entire branch of government, you are violating Title 18, United States Code, Section 879(a)(3). This statute has been on the books for a long long time. The Supreme Court has never held that free speech includes the write to threaten to kill someone or purposely incite violent acts committed by others. The Secret Service takes death threats against the president seriously because several presidents have been successfully assassinated in the past. Here's a tip: Don't mention civil liberties if you are too lazy to read a single SC case. In my mind, someone who casually discusses assassination as appropriate response in a political debate is whacked out their mind.

If someone makes specific threats to kill Beck or Limbaugh, they are breaking the law too. Typically, saying you wish they were dead doesn't generally count. Threats against the President are taken more seriously because HE'S THE PRESIDENT!

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 06:56 AM
link   
Both sides it seems tow the line of corporate agenda, seem to make very little progress that would benefit a common man, and constantly criticize the other side. I don't know how anyone could think they are part of a process where you need millions to seriously take part.

If democracy was truly at stake here wouldn't there be more than two choices being espoused. Especially when behind the veil of ignorance they both seem so very much alike.

I am sorry but under close scrutiny US political history, shares many things in common with other totalitarian regimes who think they know what is best for other cultures and countries. Its just dressed up and glossed over with patriotic rhetoric and mass media propaganda campaigns.

Bush in one of his famous bumbles said, something to the effect of, If you say it enough times and use the same shock and awe language whatever message you want will eventually sink in.

It seems we all notice the splinter in our brothers eye and ignore the plank in our own.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by realshanti

Even if I were totally neutral in all aspects on the political forum, I would still see more hate-filled rhetoric on the left.

You just can't have a rational argument with irrational people, I guess.

So, you're saying if you weren't biased, you would still be biased against liberals. As proof of your ability to see issues objectively, in spite of the fact that you've just admitted you're biased, you have labeled all people you disagree with on political issues as irrational.

Why don't you take a minute to look up the word rational? See all that nonsense you just typed? That's the opposite of rational. Believing your opponents are insane is a sad defense mechanism that relieves you of any responsibility to listen their viewpoint and fairly examine its factual accuracy.

The fact that you only see and hear what you want to is known as confirmatory biases. While you disregard any and all hate-filled rhetoric of the right, you simultaneously search out and fixate on any such remarks from the left. This conduct would be quite evident if you took some time to educate yourself at your local college or university. Become a critical thinker, whether you change your viewpoint or not, at that point at least you'll be able to carry on a semi-coherent argument lacking many of the fallacies you currently hold on to so tightly.

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 09:50 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

I'm a little late to the game, but the reason that the Democratic party is based in hatred is very simple and it is because of its structure. If you look at the party on a national scale, it is a loose conglomeration of various interest groups and ideologically, they're all over the place. The way the leadership holds it all together is by finding a common enemy. If they didn't do that, the differences in ideology between all of the various interest groups would come to the forefront and tear the party to pieces.

Don't believe me? Look at the healthcare debate. We all know that it isn't the GOP that's stopping it. Its the Democrats themselves. They're at their best as an opposition party because they ALL hate the GOP and conservatives in general, but when they're in the lead and can no longer blame the opposing party, their own ideological differences really make a mess of things and make it very difficult for them to govern effectively.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
It's simply demonic. The democrats promote agendas like abortion and homosexuality. These things are demonic in nature, involving hate and murder and demons latch onto them and to the people in them and turn them into something that they would not have been, hateful, vengeful,just like the demons behind these programs.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Wow great thread my friend.S&F could it possibly be more obvious?I think people are starting to wake up.keep up the good work.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

And note to grover:

It's now being called the Democrat party instead of the old Democratic party, because simply current and past events quite obviously show this party is not about the democratic process as it relates to government. In fact, many of their own members prefer to call themselves "progressives" now.

The words "democratic party" have become an oxymoron.

posted on Nov, 12 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by vor78

I'm a little late to the game, but the reason that the Democratic party is based in hatred is very simple and it is because of its structure. If you look at the party on a national scale, it is a loose conglomeration of various interest groups and ideologically, they're all over the place. The way the leadership holds it all together is by finding a common enemy. If they didn't do that, the differences in ideology between all of the various interest groups would come to the forefront and tear the party to pieces.

Don't believe me? Look at the healthcare debate. We all know that it isn't the GOP that's stopping it. Its the Democrats themselves. They're at their best as an opposition party because they ALL hate the GOP and conservatives in general, but when they're in the lead and can no longer blame the opposing party, their own ideological differences really make a mess of things and make it very difficult for them to govern effectively.

Star for your excellent description.

Except I would have called them special interest groups. And where I have to agree most is the point you made about the democrat party having to constantly find someone or something to demonize in order to try and hold together their "coalition of the willing" (to tear down America).

new topics

top topics

<< 17  18  19   >>

join