It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

But what I say still stands. If it'll make you liberals feel any better, let me rephrase it and say that just those liberals in power and the ones who follow them blindly, they are the ones that are hateful

You're close. Now just change that to "people in power and the ones who follow them blindly, they are the ones that are hateful" and I think everyone will be in agreement.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Mmmmmmmmgggggggggggggg, can't do it. There is still too much partisan issue on the left for me to consider it. Why do you VOTE for these people?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
I didn't vote for those people. It isn't at all a partisan issue anyone with power abuses it by placing labels on political opponents. Nothing new here with Obama's administration.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by The Transhumanist

Mmmmmmmmgggggggggggggg, can't do it. There is still too much partisan issue on the left for me to consider it. Why do you VOTE for these people?

Neither did I vote for these people - right or left matters not - they are all guilty of deception - if you can't see neo-cons in power as guilty of it as liberals now in power then you have a partisan gripe to spin that won't wash with those of us who see beyond such labels - To be sure some of things you have pointed out in this thread regarding the type of vitriol spewed by the PTOB and their supporters are true - no doubt about it -I see it and I comment on it from time to time - but the same was true of neo-cons when they held the upper hand - it is important to acknowledge this at least to some extent because some of us experienced it, witnessed it, and were affected by it - that is how one has a real dialog - by finding common ground -

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by realshanti

Even if I were totally neutral in all aspects on the political forum, I would still see more hate-filled rhetoric on the left.

I've given examples, and people have responded with quotes from Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, et al.

The only legislative piece they were able to produce was from a failed GOP led vote on not allowing recognition of gay marriage.

I am getting tired of this same argument that people fail to rcognize. As much as people have accused me of being blind to partisan issues, I am dealing with people just as visually impaired.

I jst get so tired of hypocracy. Be it left or right, it just gets sickening. Only the left dress it up as "helping" and the right dresses it up as anti-left.

You just can't have a rational argument with irrational people, I guess.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Even if I were totally neutral in all aspects on the political forum, I would still see more hate-filled rhetoric on the left.

I've given examples, and people have responded with quotes from Rush Limbaugh, Glenn Beck, et al.

The only legislative piece they were able to produce was from a failed GOP led vote on not allowing recognition of gay marriage.

I am getting tired of this same argument that people fail to rcognize. As much as people have accused me of being blind to partisan issues, I am dealing with people just as visually impaired.

I jst get so tired of hypocracy. Be it left or right, it just gets sickening. Only the left dress it up as "helping" and the right dresses it up as anti-left.

Even if you were?

So you do admit that you don't see things neutrally?

Then, Mike, you see things in a partisan view. As such, your view will always be tinted when voting...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

I'm just being honest. Of course I see things as a construct, partisan slant.

I am human. Unfortunately, our species has this sneaky inability of seeing things totally neutral because we are raised by humans, are around humans, have our judgement sometimes clouded by pretty humans (a nod to my bride), and as humans, our judgement will always be clouded by the influence of other humans.

The best we can to is just our best. Perfection is an allowance only applied to Buddah, Jesus, and my mother-in-law.

I can only try to do the best I can, be the best I can, see the best I can.

If you want to add honesty to my ever growing list of faults, then so be it. would be proud to wear that t-shirt.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Have to agree there - especially this: "left dress it up as "helping" and the right dresses it up as anti-left."

that hit the nail right on the old nuggin....couldn't have said it better myself - its maddening - I have very close friends on both sides of the partisan divide - I hear the same type of sound bites from both sides - and I have unanswerable questions for both sides
at least when I ask I never seem to get an answer except the usual spin -

if my critique and question is about Obama [for example - why did he spend over 3.2 million dollars to keep his past completely out of the loop - school records, law record, b-certificate?] I get rolling eyes and/or give him a chance he only been in office for nine months - stuff like this -

Now with my conservative friends, I go round and round bout Israel and the conduct of the war - rendition and such like - but I have to say this and I hope it doesn't offend anyone - but I do find that my conservative friends are more honest or fearless in their approach -

But I try not to extrapolate those observations to an entire group of people - for the simple reason that I don't know everyone in the country - I just know my circle - and with strangers I find that if I treat them with respect regardless of how harsh they seem at first [especially on the internet this is true] eventually they come round - perhaps not always but generally speaking...most people are decent sorts - at least that's my hope

As a journalist or commentator and from what you have said on here, I suspect that you get more than your fair share of angry folks who use the distance of writing to say things they might not normally say in a face to face encounter....thats got to be discouraging sometimes -

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   

Agreed. I find it hunerous that the more partisan a person is, the more "un-biased" they claim to be.

It's like refusing to acknowlege that there even is another side to a coin.

Pointing it out may not gain them any more clarity but really does define them for the rest of us.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

reply to post by Mak Manto

I'm just being honest. Of course I see things as a construct, partisan slant.

I am human. Unfortunately, our species has this sneaky inability of seeing things totally neutral because we are raised by humans, are around humans, have our judgement sometimes clouded by pretty humans (a nod to my bride), and as humans, our judgement will always be clouded by the influence of other humans.

The best we can to is just our best. Perfection is an allowance only applied to Buddah, Jesus, and my mother-in-law.

I can only try to do the best I can, be the best I can, see the best I can.

If you want to add honesty to my ever growing list of faults, then so be it. would be proud to wear that t-shirt.

And at the end of the day, you pass your views on other humans...

If honesty is what you want to say it is, be my guest.

I've seen enough politicians trying to ram down their views on people and say it's for the better...

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Agreed. I find it hunerous that the more partisan a person is, the more "un-biased" they claim to be.

It's like refusing to acknowlege that there even is another side to a coin.

But you won't admit to doing this yourself?

[edit on 15/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Morbo, I'm trying to be frank here. Just stating what I see.

posted on Oct, 15 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

But that's the problem, Mike, you only "see" what you want to see. This thread has been filled with wisdom, information, hypocracy, and, yes, hatred FROM BOTH SIDES.

As a democrat, I am willing to admit that I believe Democrats and Republicans can both be hypocrites filled with hate. But you will only see it one way.

If you could just acknowledge, for one second, that Republicans can be just as hateful I'd star your comment and flag this thread.

But until you are willing to admit that both sides of this polarizing political system are at fault, apparently you can't be reasoned with. If you honestly believe that Democrats are hateful but not Republicans, you must look at the world through rose colored glasses.

In the end, everyone's sh*& stinks.

[edit on 15/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 01:25 AM
link   

---
mikerussellus, wondering if there are times to take a position based on your political party base belief system. Perhaps these days it's far more important to take a position based on what's right.

Decoy

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Do you really think we have a true Democracy or just an architype in the U.S. . Democrats in a true respect shold not be full of hate, but true democracy with out the racisum, or laughing about the scrafices to get to this point. Representives of this process railroad intrest for thier owm persuits of democracy and take away from the whole of the process. They really are ot that important according to the true design of the process.
We still have an imitation democracy and it does fuel sinnacism. What a thing to lie about, but if it is really ment to keep the people safe but it isnt
then I do apprciate what little democracy we do have as long as humanity is the focus. Unfortunatly its not and its all power positioning the fedral the judical and the presidintal what a shamful history. All just to keep the populist for a military.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Morbo the Annihilator

Morbo, I have, and will again stae for the record, the republicans are s###!!! (poo-poo) for those who don't read pound signs. They are hypocrites, liars, cheats. If I were Diogenes, I would be very lonely in D.C..

I've never not admitted that.

What I find repugnant, is the laws, ideology, and sheer animosity to artificial segments of our society that, for whatever reason, the liberals have targeted.

ie; evil energy users, smokers, drinkers, obese, christian, rich. . .

As a conservative, I have been targeted, just BECAUSE I am a conservative. I could be a tie-dyed, long haired, dope smoking, granola eating, freak, but if I were a conservative long haired yadda yadda. . . I'd be on an enemies list.

My point, on this thread, was to point out the hatred on the left.

Perhaps later, I will do one on the stupidity on the right. There is definitely enough out there.

edit to add; I'm not flag-hunting, so you can disregard.

[edit on 16-10-2009 by mikerussellus]

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Decoy

---
mikerussellus, wondering if there are times to take a position based on your political party base belief system. Perhaps these days it's far more important to take a position based on what's right.

Decoy

As stated in the post to Morbo, perhaps I will do a thread on right-wing stupidity. Not saying it will be any more popular though, I think the right wing is too liberal-minded in my book.

And as a conservative, as a parent, as a husband, as a human; I always try to do what's right.

Sometimes I fail. But I learn every time that I do.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by spritualextend

Good question. I don't know. How's that for honest? I'd like to think that we still have the framework of an honest democracy (sigh) representative republic. It has definitely been corrupted. Hence my posts here and other places. I speak out, read, and learn.

Like a house infested with termites, we won't know until we've done more digging. Whether it is repairable, or we need to rebuild.

posted on Oct, 16 2009 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Well, thank you for that. And even though you didn't ask for it, I did uphold my end of the promise. You have been S & F. I always keep my word.

It is good to know that you think both sides are utterly corrupt. If you do end up starting a "Republicans suck too" thread, I'll have S & F all over that one!

And just so you know, I've received adverse reactions just telling someone I'm a democrat. I've received the "nose crinkle" and the sneer. The "she's a god-hater and a baby-killer" assumptions. Even from people that know nothing about me.

So you're not alone.

Again, both sides suck.

[edit on 16/10/09 by Morbo the Annihilator]

posted on Oct, 18 2009 @ 12:12 AM
link   
Why do we line up on the left and right anyway? Nobody that I know of is totally left or right leaning on every issue all of the time. We're just letting them divide us. Why isn't there a party based on strict adherence to the constitution instead of political pandering?

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20 >>

join