It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:03 AM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

Did you know that Matthews actually used to guest-host for Rush? Its funny how political expediency works. Rush is the very same person he always was, Matthews has mutated into some form of vitriol spewing hack, but since he plays for the right team, he can call for the death of anyone he wants.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:07 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:09 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 08:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ninecrimes

Never went off them. Keeps Mr. Pain away. -joy-

But what I say still stands. If it'll make you liberals feel any better, let me rephrase it and say that just those liberals in power and the ones who follow them blindly, they are the ones that are hateful.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 10:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by jibeho

Of course, because it is socially acceptable to hate repubicans/conservatives. Rush is a perfect example (thanks for providing this) if you went to some stranger in the street, some democrat in office, and threatened the same thing, Johnny-Law would be paying you a visit.

Say it about someone on the right? You get your own tv show!!!

Scroll up and read what I wrote concerning all of Rush's blatant racist comments, and other hate-filled diatribes from other members of the Republican party - including a Presidential candidate's lead aide as well as a candidate for the Young Republican's chairmanship.

more Limbaugh "Love":
"Take that bone out of your nose and call me back."
* Response to a black caller he was having a hard time understanding

"The NAACP should have riot rehearsal. They should get a liquor store and practice robberies."
* As quoted in Flush Rush Quarterly (January 1993)

"Look, let me put it to you this way: the NFL all too often looks like a game between the Bloods and the Crips without any weapons. There, I said it."
* As quoted in "Hey Rush, when it comes to sports ... shhh!" by Mike Freeman at CBS SportsLine (27 January 2007)

"I'm going to tell you, what's good for al-Qaeda is good for the Democratic Party in this country today. That's how you boil this down. And it doesn't have to be al-Qaeda. What's good for terrorists is good for John Kerry. All you got to do is check the way they react."
* (15 March 2004)

"I tell people don't kill all the liberals. Leave enough so we can have two on every campus - living fossils - so we will never forget what these people stood for."
- Rush Limbaugh, Denver Post, 12-29-95

Here are some other fine, upstanding Republicans doing exactly what you are accusing the Dems of doing:

"If the Supreme Court says that you have the right to consensual gay sex within your home, then you have the right to bigamy, you have the right to polygamy, you have the right to incest, you have the right to adultery. You have the right to anything. All of those things are antithetical to a healthy, stable, traditional family and that's sort of where we are in today's world, unfortunately. It all comes from, I would argue, the right to privacy that doesn't exist, in my opinion, in the United States Constitution."
- Senator Rick Santorum (R-PA), Associated Press, 04-22-03

"Get rid of the guy. Impeach him, censure him, assassinate him."
- Rep. James Hansen (R-UT), talking about President Clinton, as reported by journalist Steve Miner of KSUB radio, 11-01-98

"Probably nothing."
- Jeb Bush, during his losing 1994 bid for Florida Governor, when asked what he would do for black people, quoted by Salon on 10-05-02

"We need to execute people like John Walker in order to physically intimidate liberals, by making them realize that they can be killed, too. Otherwise, they will turn out to be outright traitors."
- Ann Coulter, at the Conservative Political Action Conference, 02-26-02

"Quit looking at the symbols. Get out and get a job. Quit shooting each other. Quit having illegitimate babies."
- State Rep. John Graham Altman (R-SC), addressing African-American concerns about the 'symbol' of the Confederate Flag, New York Times, 01-24-97

Your inability to see the irony in your postings has gone well past amusing and you are doing nothing to further your cause. Furthermore - you are exposing yourself as a fool incapable of reason and intelligent thought and debate.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It has value as to what you're arguing about.

You have conservative bigots who are trying to press their own views onto the world.

Why should they be allowed to?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

They shouldn't. I'd like to find ONE law though, or ONE piece of legislation that pin-points a certain aspect of liberal culture that has been demonized.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   

They shouldn't. I'd like to find ONE law though, or ONE piece of legislation that pin-points a certain aspect of liberal culture that has been demonized.

Anything related to gay-rights

/thread closed.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Nice signature.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by shrike071

Alas, not so closed. And these laws are changing state by state every day. Irony, that we have a president in office that still doesn't believe in the marriage between gay people. In fact, there are more laws PROTECTING gay rights and gays, called "hate" crimes coming out of DC every year.

Funny that there was a provision to protect military people in that same bill and the DEMS took it out.

Nice try though.

Please try again.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Thanks. It implies more than you may think . . . .

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   

LOL Look at your avatar! Maybe instead of getting all emotional and your feelings hurt you should look at what Rush was saying in the context he was saying it. I agree with a lot of what was posted there, and I also know the context it was said in. I said a lot, not all. But who hasn't said something they regret?

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Nice try though.
Please try again.

You're changing the question after you've asked it. You asked for one example of a Democratic-ideal that has been demonized by the left. I gave it to you. There is NO denying this. Look at how many deep-red states have passed, or are trying to pass, state constitutional amendments "protecting the sanctity of marriage..." and outlawing gay marriage.

It is ironclad fact that the right-wing runs away from gay-rights as fast as you appear to run away from reason.

It's obvious that you are not interested in entertaining anything that falls outside of your sphere of comfort. Instead, you choose to isolate yourself within the glass-walls of your mind. So be it. Many people in this thread have tried to show you the err of your thought pattern and you continue to hold fast to your poorly-conceived missive.

I'm done with this thread.

For the record, I'm not a Democrat, nor am I gay. I'm just an average guy who saw someone I thought would appreciate input and intelligent debate.

Too bad I found neither.

Originally posted by Remixtup
LOL Look at your avatar! Maybe instead of getting all emotional and your feelings hurt you should look at what Rush was saying in the context he was saying it.

I was waiting for someone to bring up my avatar... Truth be told, I have it because I think it is FUNNY. (I also think GWB was an idiot, but I didn't vote for Obama...)

Are you really going to try and cover for RL by saying it was contextual?

Ooooookkkkkkkeeeeeeee

[edit on 14-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 03:25 PM
link   

And yet, you ignore my response when I stated that the liberal legislation is passing laws to SPECIFICALLY defend the rights of gays. Historically, I can find as many dems as well as GOP who wanted nothing to do with gays/gay marriage.

If you feel you can't respond intelligently to my rebuttal, then I feel sorry for you.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   

And yet, you ignore my response when I stated that the liberal legislation is passing laws to SPECIFICALLY defend the rights of gays. Historically, I can find as many dems as well as GOP who wanted nothing to do with gays/gay marriage.

If you feel you can't respond intelligently to my rebuttal, then I feel sorry for you.

Please - don't pity me. I don't need it. You, however, sincerely deserve mine.

You asked for an example - I provided one. You have now shifted the conversation to suit your poorly thought-out objective.

Enjoy.

[edit on 14-10-2009 by shrike071]

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   

Respond to my rebuttal, and I'll be sure to provide many hours of fascinating dialogue.

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 04:59 PM
link   

How about the Federal Marriage Amendment?

Even though it didn't past, that would have limited marriages to unions of one man and one woman, not allowing two people of the same sex to be married.

That's a piece of legislation that struck at us.

Bush and his cronies trying to push their views on the country...

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:17 PM
link   

You must mean this vote, the one that didn't pass. Yes. Good. While there have been many threads on this subject, I happen to side with my more liberal friends in the position of "don't ask, don't care".

But that aside. I am aware of this "hate" bill that circulated, and at the time, would have supported it.
Marriage is basically a religious construct. A formal union to unite a man and a woman. It is the basis for society, some would say. For a civilized society. Looking back on it though, was it a right move, maybe at the time. As a society we have grown, developed, matured. My view has certainly changed only because, in the grand scheme of things, who gives a rats butt?

Was it considered a hate bill? Yes. By the Gay Rights Community. This issue is evolving though, through federal legislation and state legislation. I would add supplemental info but when I googled the laws now being passed, I was overwhelmed by the amount, I recommend you do it if curious.

Does this, in effect, defend the current laws against smokers, obese, christains? I only chose three, but I can add more if you feel it necessary.

Grouped By Vote Position YEAs ---49
Alexander (R-TN)
Allard (R-CO)
Allen (R-VA)
Bennett (R-UT)
Bond (R-MO)
Brownback (R-KS)
Bunning (R-KY)
Burns (R-MT)
Burr (R-NC)
Byrd (D-WV)
Chambliss (R-GA)
Coburn (R-OK)
Cochran (R-MS)
Coleman (R-MN)
Cornyn (R-TX)
Craig (R-ID)
Crapo (R-ID)
DeMint (R-SC)
DeWine (R-OH)
Dole (R-NC)
Domenici (R-NM)
Ensign (R-NV)
Enzi (R-WY)
Frist (R-TN)
Graham (R-SC)
Grassley (R-IA)
Hatch (R-UT)
Hutchison (R-TX)
Inhofe (R-OK)
Isakson (R-GA)
Kyl (R-AZ)
Lott (R-MS)
Lugar (R-IN)
Martinez (R-FL)
McConnell (R-KY)
Murkowski (R-AK)
Nelson (D-NE)
Roberts (R-KS)
Santorum (R-PA)
Sessions (R-AL)
Shelby (R-AL)
Smith (R-OR)
Stevens (R-AK)
Talent (R-MO)
Thomas (R-WY)
Thune (R-SD)
Vitter (R-LA)
Voinovich (R-OH)
Warner (R-VA)

NAYs ---48
Akaka (D-HI)
Baucus (D-MT)
Bayh (D-IN)
Biden (D-DE)
Bingaman (D-NM)
Boxer (D-CA)
Cantwell (D-WA)
Carper (D-DE)
Chafee (R-RI)
Clinton (D-NY)
Collins (R-ME)
Conrad (D-ND)
Dayton (D-MN)
Dorgan (D-ND)
Durbin (D-IL)
Feingold (D-WI)
Feinstein (D-CA)
Gregg (R-NH)
Harkin (D-IA)
Inouye (D-HI)
Jeffords (I-VT)
Johnson (D-SD)
Kennedy (D-MA)
Kerry (D-MA)
Kohl (D-WI)
Landrieu (D-LA)
Lautenberg (D-NJ)
Leahy (D-VT)
Levin (D-MI)
Lieberman (D-CT)
Lincoln (D-AR)
McCain (R-AZ)
Menendez (D-NJ)
Mikulski (D-MD)
Murray (D-WA)
Nelson (D-FL)
Obama (D-IL)
Pryor (D-AR)
Reed (D-RI)
Reid (D-NV)
Salazar (D-CO)
Sarbanes (D-MD)
Schumer (D-NY)
Snowe (R-ME)
Specter (R-PA)
Stabenow (D-MI)
Sununu (R-NH)
Wyden (D-OR)

Not Voting - 3
Dodd (D-CT)
Hagel (R-NE)
Rockefeller (D-WV)

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   
A better thread would have been why are Democrats so hypocritical
Yeah I get it both parties are hateful,but the dems are much better at deflection. As for Republicans being the party of the rich why are there not more dems in the party?
Look at all that money Rangel didn't claim on his taxes sounds to me like something you'd expect from a rep

posted on Oct, 14 2009 @ 05:33 PM
link   
reply to post by hangedman13

Awww, c'mon! You and I both know that it's easy to misplace 750,000 dollars.

Let me check my couch cushions, yup, can pay off the national debt now!

Thanks for replying.

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20 >>

join