It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why do democrats hate so much? A thought to ponder.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

You bring up a good point. No one, not any party should forget its past. It should be acknowleged completely.

Unfortunately, it isn't.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 02:14 PM
link   
Probably has to do with divisive thinking like this.

Trust me, this thread definately builds my rage.

You guys should clean your own hateful house before you cast light on the hate of others.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

It is funny how the Republican Party was the liberal one, and the Democrats were the conservatives. That changed a bit during the Great Depression, although we did have the Dixie Democrats who were very conservative and racist. They eventually switched parties and are now Republicans.

Race baiting is nothing new in politics. Sen Byrd, a Democrat, was in the KKK. It is also true that FDR interned Japanese citizens, but no Republican opposed the idea.

I really do think many of the people who are upset are not racist. However, when I see stuffed monkeys with Obama's name on it or posters of Obama the Witch Doctor, I will not say there is no racism involved in these protests.

Both parties have shameful pasts when it comes to racism. Even Abraham Lincoln thought blacks were inferior and should not be citizens. If one wants to site only Democrats for using such words, anyone here can site just as many Republicans.

Many who say there is racism now have much to support it. We do have eyes when we see those posters out there. I will feel better if the next protest I see does not have monkeys and racist epitaphs of President Obama.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   

I can only answer for myself. I associate republicans with right wing fundamentalist christians, who, in this area, are openly racist, and who, because my husband and I are pagan, will not let their kids even speak to mine.

So often I kinda hate em.

The other reason is because I really supported Ron Paul, and the party shunned him. Instead they gave me Palin. That seemed so insulting.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Because they have to deal with repubs at their level to get anything done at all. Hate is a big seller of things.
Along with fear they go hand in hand.
It allows rights to be taken away and profits to be made!

In order to win the dems have to resort to the tactics perfected by the repubs. No matter how underhanded.
For this is how it works in a competition. Tit for tat.
Ying and yang, white and black, back and forth, round and round, etc.
Meanwhile the people just seem to get dizzier.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by dodadoom]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

The exact sort of things could be said about Republicans...both parties are no better than their members.

Quite, but you've spoilt their bitching session with the truth

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:22 PM
link   
Many people do not know that the civil rights movement was first started by Republicans. Professors and the media today gloss over the fact that when Republicans freed the slaves under President Lincoln, it was Democrats standing opposed. When the vote came to Congress on Emancipation Proclamation, every single democrat voted against it, while every republican voted in favor of it. It was republican principles, ideals and blood that was spent to free the slaves. It was republicans that lead the effort to pass the 13th Amendment officially making slavery constitutionally outlawed. It was the Democratic Party that stood opposed. Republicans passed the first Civil Right Act legally extending citizenship and equal right to all, regardless of race. The Republicans passed the 14th Amendment requiring all states to give due process of law, and equal protection of the laws to all races. Every single Republican voted in favor, while every democrat opposed.

Every single African-American Congressmen until 1935 was a Republican. The first African-American governor was a republican. Colin Powell was the first African-American National Security Advisor and Secretary of State. Condoleezza Rice was the first woman to serve as the National Security Advisor. The first Hispanic governor was a Republican. The first Hispanic US Senator was a Republican. The first Asian American US Senator was a Republican. The first Asian American Federal Judge was a Republican. The first woman elected to Congress was a Republican. Secretary of Labor Elaine Chao amazingly was the first Asian American woman in any president’s cabinet. The first women allowed to be delegates to a national convention were Republicans. The first Republican Supreme Court Justice was republican Sandra Day O’Connor, who before that was also the first woman in any state to be the Majority Leader in the Legislature.

Republicans led the movement for women’s right to vote, and as a party the democrats opposed this right. Every leader of the early feminist movement were Republicans, including Susan B. Anthony, Lucretia Mott, and Elizabeth Cady Stanton. Two of the leading African-American suffragists, Ida Wells and Mary Terrell were Republicans, and also were co-founders of the NAACP.

It was Republicans that integrated professional sports. Brooklyn Dodgers General Manager Branch Rickey was an outspoken supporter of race integration and Republican, as was Jackie Robinson. Those most outspoken to sports integration were southern democrats.

The Brown v. Board of Education Supreme Court decision was written by a Republican Chief Justice appointed by Republican President Dwight Eisenhower. That Republican Chief Justice, Earl Warren, was a three-term Republican Governor in California, and was the Republican nominee for Vice President of the United States in 1948. Roughly three years after this Supreme Court ruling, President Eisenhower won passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1957. The important thing to note here is that Eisenhower was the first Republican President in four administrations. Democrats controlled the White House for four administrations and did not pass a single civil rights bill. Not one. It was U.S. Senator Everett Dirksen that authored and introduced the 1960 Civil Rights Act. Individually he was the most responsible for the passage of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, as he was the Republican leader who crafted the strategy that overcame long odds and tenacious Democratic opposition to the Bill. After all, it was entirely democrats that filibustered the Bill and it was Dirksen that overcame them. When the Bill was finally passed it received significantly more support from Republicans than Democrats.

In 1976 it was republican President Ford who repealed democratic President F. Roosevelt’s now infamous executive order interning 120,000 Japanese Americans during World War II. None of the numerous democrat Presidents before him felt it necessary and democrats role in the interning has been glossed over.

Amazingly, Democrats have been widely credited as the leaders of the civil rights movement and the torch bearers of equal rights. How did this happen? The fundamental difference is Republicans believing in freedom of opportunity while most democrats believe in equality of results. While a basic republican principle is that every individual should have the freedom and opportunity to make of themselves what they choose, democrats take it a step further and try to legislate actual outcomes. Slowly over generations democrats created a welfare state where sadly they have made many people dependant on the government. They have fostered the idea within minority groups that Republicans want to keep them poor and want to take away government assistance. Republicans are losing this war of words and ideas. Republicans need to explain why they oppose a system of perpetual government assistance. Republicans need to better illustrate why their principles unshackle people from government assistance and allow the human soul to sour with the pride of success and self dependence.

Democrats have now elected the first African-American President. And while we do not support his policies, this achievement is something Republicans should be proud of. For his achievement was made standing on the shoulders of many Republicans. Republicans laid the foundation for an America where all races and sexes could elect an African-American President. Republicans should be proud and tell people about their history leading the civil rights movement. Let people know that it was Republican ideals that freed slaves, gave all races the right to vote, lead women’s suffrage, and gave all races and sexes equal protection of the laws and due process.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:23 PM
link   

hated is a strong word, they are extremely "intolerant" though, even to their own members who don't "tow the party line". Joe Lieberman was Al Gore's running mate in 2000, then when he maintained his support for ousting Saddam Hussein he was ostracized.

I say 'maintained' because it's quite comical to read the Democrat quotes about Saddam/Iraq when Clinton was in power, or while public support was high for removing him in 2002/03.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

Except, Johnny, the Republican party is not what it once was.

All you of people in here have been bringing up the foundations of Republicans, of why the Party started, of how Lincoln really helped it, of how they wanted slavery to end.

But my friends, the Republican Party you remember holds the same ideals that the Democratic Party today holds:

Classical liberalism, progressivism.

These were the ideals that Lincoln sought for the country, and how many ATSer's on here state what is going wrong with this country.

In the end, the Republican Party is no longer the "Party of Lincoln."

Lincoln, most likely, would be a Democrat today because of how vastly different the Republican Party is.

Democrats are not one's who hate.

Many Republicans are conservatives, and many conservatives are social conservatives.

Social conservatism, in my opinion, is a very DANGEROUS ideology...

Censorship, LGBT Rights, Abortion, Embryonic stem cell research, among other topics are important to this country.

Democrats are not the one's who are filled with hate.

As a classical and social liberal of the Democratic Party, I think it's high time for the people to see what's happening...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Obvious troll is obvious.

Isn't there a policy against divisive political trolling on this site?

Anyway, to try and answer your question with some manner of civility:

Politics is a nasty business. You can find hate-filled individuals all through it. They are by no means limited to the Democrats or the Republicans.

If you are trying to equate the Southern Democrats of old with the Democrats today, you would be making a mistake. You have to remember that the parties made a diametric shift at one point; The southern democrats, who used to be very conservative, and the Republicans, who used to be very liberal, literally switched sides. Perhaps your post should be asking why conservatives hate so much.

However, that would be another politically divisive thread, and thus against T&C as well.

So, I will answer your question the only way I can think to, without baiting or feeding the trolls:

Head on over to Stormfront.org, an infamous hate-site, and take a poll there of the American members and ask what political party they belong to. I dare you.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by drwizardphd]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

So true! I live in the south and most of the republicans here are right wing fundi's who think they are right and everyone else is going to hell. I see more racisim and the "white males are superior" thing here. I was amazed when I was younger that I was taught by these people that I was inferior even though I was white I was still a woman ie inferior. That is why I have no respect for the republicans here in the south. Also everyone need to move past what started the parties and do something to improve both and support THE PEOPLE. All people!

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

You must be kidding Mak. My timeline on Republican achievements runs right up until current days. It wasn't just the foundations I spoke up. And in actuality, in terms of political platforms, both the Republican party and Democrat Party are more liberal now than 20-30 years ago even. Go look up Kennedy's political platform some time..... tell me if that platform sounds Republican or Democrat.

If Lincoln was alive today, he'd most likely be Libertarian if anything different than republican. He would never support a party that legislated the results of people's lives. He, like most republicans believe in equality of opportunity, nothing more or less. You can make as much or as little of your life as you want to regardless of who you are. Republicans believe in results based on hard work and merit, not skin color. How can Affirmative Action not seem like such a racist piece of legislation AGAINST minorities. Democratic legislation may intend to help minorities, but their social entitlement programs keep minorities down and make them dependent on govt. That is truly racist.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 03:55 PM
link   
This is obvious political trolling and I though ATS didn't allow this crap any more, what gives?

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:18 PM
link   
In a nutshell this is what politics has devolved to these days: namecalling

It is a system that divides people and make them hateful & suspicious of each other.
And apparently it has come to the point where we don't even need to make up issues to call each other names over.

Wake up people! please

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:19 PM
link   
man, from this thread to the george bush deserves a nobel peace prize, I dont know which one is funnier.

ever watch that series, Sliders, where the guy is going from parallel universe to parallel universe, each one being like, completely opposite of the reality he came from...

totally expecting for someone to start a thread on how Republicans care more about the environment than greenpeace in keeping with the theme today.

Anyhow, keep in mind, Lincoln/Civil War was *never* meant to free slaves, just to stop importing slaves...we were going to home grow slaves to keep money on shore.
when the south kicked up a fuss, it was a tactical footnote to free the slaves (voila, kick the enemy in the wallet and make a slave revolt potential)...freedom for slaves was not this great goal, it was a military tactic.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Some truth to it but definitely not just the democratic party spreading hate.

How many republicans wished Obama would fail and ruin our country just becuase he was a democrat or black. I have never heard of a single democrat ever say something this absurd. Democrats didn't need to wish this on Bush, he was doing it by himself.

How many republicans are deeply religious and openly hate gays and people of different races? A lwhole lot more than democrats.

Go anywhere in the south, i.e. the republican states and you will see far more hate committed by so called republicans than democrats. But I guess if you dont know any better, it must be those devil democrats.. durrrr.

Both parties suck, but trying to say democrats hate more is a conservative, old man view of the world and thats why we can't make much progress in this country becuase of stupidity like this.

[edit on 11-10-2009 by tooo many pills]

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SaturnFX

Anyhow, keep in mind, Lincoln/Civil War was *never* meant to free slaves, just to stop importing slaves...we were going to home grow slaves to keep money on shore.
when the south kicked up a fuss, it was a tactical footnote to free the slaves (voila, kick the enemy in the wallet and make a slave revolt potential)...freedom for slaves was not this great goal, it was a military tactic.

Categorically untrue. Read the private papers of Lincoln sometime. This was a deeply held belief in human equality, not a military strategy. Read what he thought and wrote, and stop with this useless drivel. Its like the US version of people saying the Holocaust never happened.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I think both Liberals and Conservatives alike hate the U.S. dollar's value...

Most know the primary goal of the Federal Reserve upon it's creation in 1913 was to eliminate inflation. Since then, we have seen our dollar lose 96 cents of its value since 1913.

This incremental inflationary process is the fundamental flaw of our current system and until sound money is restored the partisan debates are meaningless.

Just think that in 1970 when gold was last federally linked to the dollar, gold was $35 an ounce...last I checked it's up to around $1035 an ounce. And this is only the beginning of the gradual demise of our fiat currency, gold at $2000-$3000 an ounce is coming, and then hyperinflation will cause the nightmares it does every time it's ever happened.

mises.org...

And note that we are currently spending $1 for every $.50 collected in taxes, and with unfunded liabilities looking to push the gap to Germany 1914-1923 lengths in the near future, $1 for every $.15, we are simply in for hyperinflation as borrowing can't satisfy the budget and monetizing debt becomes the only option.

www.usdebtclock.org...

Ron Paul, Peter Schiff, Austrian Economists ARE right and HAVE BEEN right all along. Both parties, and more importantly, the American People better start listening if we ever want to fix the problem instead of making it worse...

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by DraconianKing

It's called immaturity.

posted on Oct, 11 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
It's thread topics written like this that are a complete bore.

"Democrats hate" blah blah.

Republicans are hateful too, in fact I have seen many more hateful "right" leaning types in my life than "left". And after looking back at the Bush era, I'm wondering if the O.P for this thread was under a rock for 8 years.

Democrats have a history of War Mongering and slavery. Republicans have a history of Corporate pillaging, Imperialism, legislating morality, and all things fire and brimstone in the fundamentalist base.

So what? Dems and Pubs are both guilty of it. When threads like this are created I feel like I'm reading a political T Shirt or bumper sticker. You really think the answer to your woes is to have a vague idea, mention a few Democrats of notable "hatred", then give opinions that back your initial claim?

Is that political discourse to you? In your research did you dare to run across or acknowledge hate that "Republicans" have? Couldn't find any I guess? I guess the Republican party is flawless?

You're OBVIOUSLY biased so why should I even take to heart what you say? I've had enough bias and slant. I can go to Fox News for that crap....or MSNBC for that matter and watch Rachel Maddow give her case for "Liberals".

By the way..."Democrat" is a political party .....

"Liberal" is an ideology.....

Please stop associating the terms with each other. If we had a true Liberal OR a true Conservative in office, we would be doing fine right now. But those titles don't mean anything anymore. It's archaic, and again, BORING, sophomoric, useless, obtuse, drudging, lazy, intellectually lacking, buzzwordish, petty, subjective.

If in 2009 you have to still calm the demons in your head by frothing about the "Left" or the "Right", you have completely missed the point and I suggest you give up entirely in your search. When threads start out with the tone "So and so is bad and we are good" I usually know it's going to be chalk full of fallacy and unproven "factoids" , no matter who writes it.

Stay stuck in the right/ left circus and have a blast

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join