It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

My tarot reading on 2012

page: 1
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
Hi ATS

I read the Tarot for people usually, but I asked today what would happen at the end of 2012 and during 2013 and I got an interesting reading.

The result said that first would come a time of great evil, fatalities and depression. Then Cards of courage, friendship and success appeared. I went ahead and asked what would cause this sharp shift from evil happenings to a seemingly happy ending and what I got was The Lovers. I think in the end, love for one another will prevail and this may be a fresh start to humankind.

It is hard to define the nature and scale of such events, but in the end I think some terrible thingd will happen and we will all emerge stronger and united.


I will keep doing readings for events for the months ahead.


Cheers!




posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:33 AM
link   
Very interesting, thank you for posting this.

I am not a hardcore subscriber to card readings but I do pride myself on keeping an open mind because I often have a nagging feeling that what I know is just a thin crust that covers something vast and hidden.

Being good friends with a Wiccan priest many years ago taught me that much at least. There is also a nag in the back of my mind that something big is coming so your post resonates with me for that feeling alone.

Starred!



posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Can you do the exact same reading again and get the same result?



posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:41 AM
link   
Hardship, struggle and love are a cyclical and ever-present process. The same statement could apply to the world today. I mean no disrespect but much like forer effects, this reading reveals nothing and its success will owe everything to subjective validation.



posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Oscitate
Hardship, struggle and love are a cyclical and ever-present process. The same statement could apply to the world today. I mean no disrespect but much like forer effects, this reading reveals nothing and its success will owe everything to subjective validation.
That's why I am going to try and 'validate' by doing other drawings for the very near future.
And thanks SmokeJaguar, I feel the same



posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mike_A
Can you do the exact same reading again and get the same result?

I havent tried but in the past it often did happen



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I think your reading is very interesting, thanks for sharing it with us....an' keep us posted :-)



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle
 


Now if there was only evidence, any evidence, that reading tarot cards could predict anything. Then your post might actually mean something.

reply to post by Mike_A
 


No tarot reader in the world has ever been able to reproduce the results, as that is a necessity of being able to actually use tarot cards to predict anything. Rational thought and the scientific method have deemed tarot reading nonsense. Actually, that's not true - tarot reading can predict that the readee will most likely lose money to the reader for services rendered, even when the services could be performed with the same exact level of accuracy (none) by the readee themselves. It's just chance, and a wild imagination to make 'sense' of the cards and to tie them in to some view of the future that exists solely in the reader's mind.

So, to recap - ignore any readings of tarot cards. You'd be better off (and richer) making baseless predictions yourself.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
I think in the end, love for one another will prevail and this may be a fresh start to humankind.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
davesidious, have you ever had a tarot reading? Because I have and everything that was forcasted came true. Honest! :-)



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
It would be interesting to know what the I Ching says regarding 2012.

Though from what I gather, someone (I forget his name) created a Timeline of the I Ching and it ended in 2012; and this, according to the bloke who done this timeline was before he'd heard of the Mayan Long Count Calendar....hmm, the mind boggles



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tantalus
I think in the end, love for one another will prevail and this may be a fresh start to humankind.


yer, I think so too.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by skem64
 


A fluke accurate reading is statistically to be expected. The issue is statistically they're more likely to be inaccurate than accurate, rendering them useless. It's all nonsense.

This 2012 stuff is ridiculous. There is no evidence for any of it, and we're left with a bunch of scared people running around throwing their money at scam artists and hoaxers. It's pathetic.

CRITICAL THOUGHT, people! Deny ignorance! Start with 2012!



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Looking forward to hearing some more.

Sounds interesting.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious


 


You didn't answer my question Dave' have you ever had a reading?

Anyway, we're all entitled to an opinion but facts speak for themselves.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by davesidious
reply to post by skem64
 


A fluke accurate reading is statistically to be expected. The issue is statistically they're more likely to be inaccurate than accurate, rendering them useless. It's all nonsense.

This 2012 stuff is ridiculous. There is no evidence for any of it, and we're left with a bunch of scared people running around throwing their money at scam artists and hoaxers. It's pathetic.

CRITICAL THOUGHT, people! Deny ignorance! Start with 2012!
well, im no great tarot reader but i would say almost 100% of my readings end up accurate. at least 80%, so much so, in fact, that i had to stop doing readings because 1)i feared they were so accurate i must be making it happen, due to reading the cards? 2) i didn't want to know anymore.

though i can say i would think it a feat to do a reading for that much in the future as i believe that any future anyone would claim to see is only one possibility, of many.

i thought the lovers denoted more of a choice. like paris and the beauty contest of the goddesses that began the trojan war, no?
well, i do believe that love will conquer, but i guess i have more of an idea that things will more like, split off or diverge than all will experience this peace.
we shall see.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by skem64
reply to post by davesidious


 


You didn't answer my question Dave' have you ever had a reading?

Anyway, we're all entitled to an opinion but facts speak for themselves.



excuse me for asking as i know you weren't talking to me.
but what facts are speaking and what about?!



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Hi ATS

I read the Tarot for people usually, but I asked today what would happen at the end of 2012 and during 2013 and I got an interesting reading.

The result said that first would come a time of great evil, fatalities and depression. Then Cards of courage, friendship and success appeared. I went ahead and asked what would cause this sharp shift from evil happenings to a seemingly happy ending and what I got was The Lovers. I think in the end, love for one another will prevail and this may be a fresh start to humankind.

It is hard to define the nature and scale of such events, but in the end I think some terrible thingd will happen and we will all emerge stronger and united.


I will keep doing readings for events for the months ahead.


Cheers!


never had a tarot card reading, and personally i don't attribute anything to them.

however i have research a lot regarding this whole 2012 event.

and your pretty much on the money for what i think is gonna happen.

Global collapse, and hardship but it will all be for the better.



posted on Jan, 4 2010 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick
 


Hi :-)

All facts speak for themselves but specifically, the fact that my tarot reading came true...now play us a tune! :-)



posted on Jan, 5 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
reply to post by skem64
 


No, I've never had a reading. I've also never visited a witch doctor.

reply to post by double_frick
 


Then your readings are fantastically vague, or you have a selection bias when remembering 'hits' versus 'misses'. If you're that good, talk to James Randi, and you can win a million dollars for simply reading tarot cards. Go on, prove us all wrong!

reply to post by Dave157
 


No actual research by anyone with any credibility has ever shown anything is going to happen in 2012. So if you are convinced, it's not because of research, but because of irrational desire for something to happen in 2012.

2012 is a year just like any other. Some things will happen, most things won't, and 2013 will roll around and all you believers will look pretty silly.




top topics



 
12
<<   2  3 >>

log in

join