It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My tarot reading on 2012

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle

...The result said that first would come a time of great evil, fatalities and depression. Then Cards of courage, friendship and success appeared. I went ahead and asked what would cause this sharp shift from evil happenings to a seemingly happy ending and what I got was The Lovers. I think in the end, love for one another will prevail and this may be a fresh start to humankind...

Cheers!

freemasons say in 2014, they will sacrifice two lovers for their ...whatever their doing. i saw it on one of their "it's a loving brotherhood" sites a year or two ago but i can't find it now, they probably took it off. it also said this time/ project of theirs will last from 2012 to 2016-18.

[edit on 1/7/10 by ohsnaptruth]

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by davesidious

well that's "your" perspective on the situation.

partly because you are ignorant on the situation and don't feel the need to waste you time researching sources outside of the mainstream media.

that's your downfall

i believe the key date will be in 2011, not 2012.

the Mayan calendar of conscious evolution speeds up and completes all under world cycles on October 29th 2011.

This simply marks huge change in society and new reform will hopefully be made.

you can be narrow minded all you want, refuse to think that this time period holds any significance, and that's simply you being ignorant.

All i know for certain is i am going to be prepared for whatever comes.

and not have my entire world view crumble when SHTF, so to speak.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike_A

The first one is the one that counts.

posted on Jan, 7 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Dave157

well said and i have high hopes too. it's going to be a positive next 3 years.
sorry if i offended you.

posted on Jan, 8 2010 @ 03:55 AM
link   
Your reading is totally coherent with what David Wilcock has been saying about 2012, for example in DW article Shared Dream Synchronicity you will find that the dreams he is talking about just agree with your reading

Peace!

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

You are talking bolloc%$s quite frankly. Until you have had some experience with the cards you can't form a proper opinion. I have done readings for people where the cards returned insights that at first glance I did not feel answered the question. Then when I reschuffled the EXACT SAME CARDS turned up. That has happened numerous times when I doubted a reply from them and there have been at least 3 occasions where the exact same cards were returned to me on TWO subsequent reschuffles, meaning 3 times in a row the same cards appeared. This DOES sometimes happen and every time it has done to I've never failed to feel enchanted and spooked at the same time.

posted on Jan, 12 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
wow , alot of people seem to be really serious about this 2012 .
i hope it doesnt come , im very young. and dont want to start over .

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
I read tarot as well, have done so for near 20 years.
I have studied 2012 for much longer.
I'm curious as to the other cards you pulled for this.
I have not done a reading on 2012, but have considered it.
I have looked at the date astrologically and the chart for that is very interesting to say the least.
One of the formations found in the chart is called a Yod and translates to 'finger of god'.
This is a fairly rare configuration of three planets.
The expressions of these planets speak of great change, out with old and in with the new. This will be a change in governments and social structure.
It will have it's ugly moments for sure, the upheaval will be extreme, but in the end there will be balance.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Then Cards of courage, friendship and success appeared. I went ahead and asked what would cause this sharp shift from evil happenings to a seemingly happy ending and what I got was The Lovers.

Are you single ? Because maybe this reading is meant for you ?

Cheers

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
How do Tarot cards work exactly? You shuffle them and lay them out. What exactly is supposed to be going on during that time? Is the person shuffling them somehow subliminally arranging them, or is some sort of divine power actually changing the cards when they're face down still. This is what I don't understand.

I know nothing about Tarot and I am not trolling by any means. I just have always wanted to know what the actual method to the cards appearing is supposed to be. The exact explanation as to why one card appeared as opposed to another after shuffling. Thx.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

"Rational thought and the scientific method have deemed tarot reading nonsense."

just because you cant put a tarot reading under the microscope does not make it nonsense. science frequently revises some of its opinions over the years because they did not see clearly or deep enough, or they refused to let go of some of their cherished beliefs. science is known to try and fit new discoveries into long held assumptions. that is not to deny most of their understandings.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheOracle

yes, i agree with you oracle.

your signature reminded me of comments/prophecies by johann friede, an austrian monk of 750 years ago.

posted on Feb, 22 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by spinalremain
How do Tarot cards work exactly? You shuffle them and lay them out. What exactly is supposed to be going on during that time? Is the person shuffling them somehow subliminally arranging them, or is some sort of divine power actually changing the cards when they're face down still. This is what I don't understand.

I know nothing about Tarot and I am not trolling by any means. I just have always wanted to know what the actual method to the cards appearing is supposed to be. The exact explanation as to why one card appeared as opposed to another after shuffling. Thx.

They work just like the religious faith. If you believe it works, eventually the cards will be telling you a story.

It worked for me, but not as a tool to predict the future, more like a tool to describe my unconscious state of mind at the moment of the reading.

Mind over matter.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SpaceGoatsFarts

Are you saying that the cards can mean whatever the reader interprets? I was under the assumption that all the different cards had 1 set meaning, ie.... The death card means death, the lover card means love and so on.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   

How do Tarot cards work exactly? You shuffle them and lay them out. What exactly is supposed to be going on during that time?

I Have worked with Tarot for many years and there are many thoughts on what the 'power' is behind how tarot works. Every reader will do and see things differently.
My thought on the matter is a blend of chaos and collective conscious.
My process is slightly chaotic but is also one of focus. I put in my mind the person/issue (question) into my mind and shuffle the cards. That is about all the consistancy that will come out of my 'ritual'. From there I may lay all the cards out, face up, face down, or I may pull one card at a time.
When it comes to the reading, I may tell a 'story', or I may target feelings, or...I never really know, being intuitive, I get flashes or whispers of information.

posted on Feb, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Are you saying that the cards can mean whatever the reader interprets? I was under the assumption that all the different cards had 1 set meaning, ie.... The death card means death, the lover card means love and so on.

Each card does have a defined meaning, there are building blocks to the structure of the cards. So not to stray to far off topic, I will not get into that structure here.

However, the Death card does not mean death and the Lovers card does not have Love as it's primary meaning.

The meanings found in books is just the tip of the iceburg, through study and use, one will learn these deeper meanings.
There are different kinds of decks as well. All have the same basic structure, the the images convey the meaning of the cards and different artists will do that in different ways. But there is also the artist that will keep to the traditional symbology found in the Rider Waite deck.
The depth of the cards and thier meanings are endless when it comes to a experienced reader.

posted on Feb, 25 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Owl Ka Myst

Not to sound like a pain in the butt, but if the meanings are endless, doesn't this lend itself to the idea that the reader can make them mean whatever they want? Without any set guidelines, the reader can pull out any card and it doesn't matter because the meanings are endeless. This means that the cards themselves are pointless if their meanings are different on any given day.

I'm just saying that rules are what make things concrete and give them validity. When things are subject to too much change and interpretation it renders them pointless when it comes to reading ones future or their whatever. Right? If the cards mean many things, then why use them? To show the other person that you're doing something? I don't buy it. Thanks for the info I asked for though.

The phenomenon would be better off if the cards had 1 meaning so that the reader cannot manipulate them in any way. It's the human manipulation that ruins all the crystal ball reading people. Why can't they just have some stability? Why the need for so much change and interpretation if the phenomenon is real? The death card either means death or it doesn't. If there isn't death in the person's future then that card shouldn't come out. When it does and you alter the meaning of the card the entire reading is baloney in my opinion. But again, I know nothing other than what you've told me.

If the death card does not mean death, um.... why does it say death on it? This is what I'm talking about. You can make that mean whatever you want by saying "it means change. The death of a belief or the way you do things. You're going to go through a change" Everyone goe through changes everyday and by saying this, you are staying general and safe in your prediction. It's my belief that the entire Tarot process is like this. The cards stay very general and you can change their meaning to better suit a given person or time (as in the OP)

[edit on 25-2-2010 by spinalremain]

[edit on 25-2-2010 by spinalremain]

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This last poster was left with no answer to his question. If Tarot is ever to be credible his question is actually very important. The Question was why the Death Card in Tarot would appear if it did not mean death and why The Lovers if it did not mean Love. A good question - no short answer!

I have always used Raider Waite cards as a rule and have worked for well over two decades using Tarot as guidance to help others. I do feel qualified to answer this question but whether that answer will be accepted by the last poster remains to be seen.

First the Death card falls in the Major Arcana Pack. These total 21 cards and the Fool card is known as the 'no name no number card'. Some people consider this the 'beginning' of the Journey of Tarot because we all begin life innocently. Equally it can be thought of as the 22 card because all life is a 'cycle' and goes around again. So after the World card at number 21, we come back to the Fool where the cycle restarts.

Each of these 21 ( 22 with the Fool) cards have pictorial designs on them which trigger 'suggestion'. Not only does each card have pictorial suggestion, each card has a number . Each card may have Kaballah links or Astrological information, Colour suggestion, direction suggestion etc. Each card may also appear in a reading as reversed or upright and it does affect the meaning in some way. All cards are cause and effect which is part of the natural Journey of Life - 'ya reap what ya sow' - so we start at the Fool and zip along the journey of life to the World card to 'complete our cycle in life'.

Each card in the Major Arcana are considered to be the major milestones or fate cards and the rest of the pack are the 'minor detail' or the 'nitty gritty' that explains more fully the bits and pieces. It always depends what kind of spread you do and where the cards appear and also what sits next to them etc. So it is a complex process and takes YEARS to understand. It is absolutely imperative that people are wise when reading Tarot and do not use it for Entertainment purpose but respect it as a key to scrying of the highest form. Novices should always take a long apprenticeship understanding Tarot and have ideally natural intuition before offering interpretations randomly. Tarot is a very 'cutting' and 'forthright' tool if used wrongly.

Lets get back to the Death question. Firstly lets look at the attributes of this card - and the suggestive information on it.

Number: 13
Card Title: Death
Esoteric Title: The Child of the Great Transformers
Lord of the Gates of Death
Astrological Atttribution: Scorpio
Elemental Attribution: Water (cold, wet)
Dates & Timing: October 23 to November 21
Hebrew Letter: Nun Fish 50
Color: Blue-Green
Intelligence: Imaginative Intelligence
Esoteric Function: Movement
Qabalistic Path: Path 24: 6 Tipareth to 7 Netzach
Translation of Path: The Beauty of Victory

Depending on the QUESTION that is asked the answer will be in this card. Nobody is allowed to look into the Book of Life and ask whether they are going to die or a person is going to die. This is taboo and these questions will never be answered by any reader who has any true experience and ability. Its a 'NO NO'.

For one thing DEATH has Scorpio astrological elements on it. Do you suppose that Scorpio known for Secrets is going to reveal a matter of DEATH in actuality? No it wont - the card is otherwise suggesting 'Movement' that is not telling us about someone dying is it? What about the Water element - ? Water is Fluid. Fluid is Neptune and Neptune is 'full of illusion'. Again you cannot get that Death answer here. If the card is Movement - how can you be dead? Imaginative Intelligence? Ok so Tarot says if you want to imagine that the intelligent answer is dying in actuality - fine - but as far as it is concerned it is IMAGINATIVE - and still is not answering you. What about the number 13 - The 13 is linked to all the Knights in the Minor Arcana and Knights are all linked in each suit to a form of TRAVEL. So movement again?

What happens if the card is reversed ? Then Death is being mocked -

So Tarot is pretty 'pro life' in my book and that is just the tip of the iceberg looking at some of the attributes which I have done very much in a rushed fashion. Im sure I could have explained better when I read back.

If your question results in the card of death it is telling you that something is ending. It does not deny this but it also seems to also let you know that as one thing ends another begins. A bit like when door closes another opens but it does depend what other cards are sitting next to it in a spread. There are combinations of cards that can presage illness and possibilities of passing but you do have to know what you are talking about even with health matters and understand which card represents what part of the Body. For example 10 of swords is a neurological card affecting back spine, possible neck, head or brain injury or impairmen

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:09 AM
link   
continued.........( am writing this to further clarify the above post as you are reading).

Sword cards are also about communication/ mentality. Therefore mental illness could be suggested or speech impairment. Again one has to consider very carefully what the situation is. Certain health cards like the 10 of Swords or even the 9 of swords can link up with other cards that may 'suggest' an ending through illness but again surrounding cards and positions are of vital importance and 'illness' could be a 'warning' to health longevity.. However, the overall interpretation of Death is very dependable and flexible on the question.

Every aspect of a Tarot card MUST be taken into consideration with a question that is asked when reading. Tarot challenges the reader to consider all these aspects to arrive at a conclusion that is the most likely conclusion or the most 'suggestive' conclusion. . No Tarot reader can ever suggest that they are 100 per cent accurate in their readings. That is a total fallacy because the options and considerations of all astronomical and other factors must be considered with utmost experience and there is no end in understanding or learning with Tarot. Just like the Journey with the Fool in the Major Arcana it is a cycle and there is no end to a cycle it continues producing - the journey of life is a continual learning process.

Some Major Arcana cards are directly linked to other Major Arcana cards and so one would have to take both of those cards and their attributions into consideration and consider the context of them for answers.

Death does not mean Death in the sense of the card on its own. It has to have other aspect cards to 'suggest' possibility of actuality. A reader who is experienced can get strong intuition about 'death' in the tarot but as mentioned before, it is very unprofessional to 'put that out there'.

This is just a very brief and probably ill authored explanation of sorts for the above poster because his post was left unanswered and he will also be left without any information where he could at least consider what he thought ultimately. Anyway have rambled far too long, but a Thread explaining Tarot would probably be a very long piece of wallpaper and I have put up a portion of a roll already and dont want to bore. I hope the previous poster does get to read though because it might help and bear in mind these are my experiences with the cards and everyone will interpret differently.

It is also important that 'novice' tarot readers do not try to interpret Death in the sense of the word as it can be a gross error and greatly upset a questioner . Its never wise to deal with this subject and nor is it wise to consider that the Death card is an actuality on its own.

edit on 5-10-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-10-2011 by ELEVATOR7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 5 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

check ingo swann and his remote viewing accuracy of Jupiter.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join