It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 24
<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:41 AM
link   
and the whole nasa staff thing just seemed artificial to me. all around confusing mission.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 05:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by emsed1
Well, if NASA can't hit the broad side of a moon with a shotgun maybe we don't need to be sending people up there.

HA HA!

Whatever happened to Dick Cheney? He could've done a far better job!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:12 AM
link   
Yea, wierd how the screen just went white, didnt appeare to be any thing happening, just a white screen before they switched to Nasa Con.Room...

I hope some one comes with some before and after shot compareson analysis of this.....

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by fieryjaguarpaw

Originally posted by John Matrix
Does anyone know how many jobs could have been created with the

money waisted on the moon missions.

[edit on 9/10/09 by John Matrix]

Jobs were created with this Moon mission. Who do you think built the rockets, refined the fuel, designed the mission, ect. ect. ect.

Boo Hoo Hoo

Err...The same people who always do all of those jobs so no new jobs in all honesty. Most important point ignored was that 80million was spent on this whatever it was when everyone is feeling the pinch, homes are being repossessed, your country like mine is so far in debt it's a nightmare and yet the best thing that people can do is send a bomb to the moon and not even get it right.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:36 AM
link   
What i thought earlier . That wasn't going to happen . They think that bombing some alien base by species that came from maybe light years away. don't have deferences. Is pretty stupid thinking. those guys on the moon have been laughing the whole LCROS trip
and right before it hits they say ..... Lets return the sender

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:38 AM
link   
OK - I'm really confused!! Why would any government allow the moon to be bombed. Why was it done, if indeed it was done at all? What's the point? Please enlighten me.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
Of course the aliens stopped the mission.For all the aliens knew ,that rocket could have easy had been a nuclear weapon aimed at them.They will stop it again if the United States trys that attack again.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 06:53 AM
link   
This is how I look at it.

Perhaps the mission was a success, but was the success the kind of success they had in mind?

I've read the whole thread now, and it never seize to amaze me how much experts we have on this site. Everyone knows, and yet we all have different opinions. Why is it so hard to accept that others have a different kind of believes? Ofcourse you can question their opinions, but why go over to name calling and such? I just don't get it.

Anyway, I believe we have to look at this from what we have at hand.
And frankly, we don't have much.
We have Nasa's words ONLY to go by at this point.
They have claimed that they have gathered data from the impact, and maybe they have. But untill they have showed us the data we can't just assume they REALLY have this data.
In the end, all we have so far is a Nasa statement. And looking back....tha't ain't to much of a value. So I am really looking forward to see their results out of this.

That Nasa expected a big nice plume is not a secret. And I don't think anyone can deny that most of the ground crew looked less than happy and amazed over what they visually saw. They expected ALOT more than what was shown, hence all the telescopes and cameras pointing towards the moon.
So by judging from the visuals.....nothing really happened, atleast not how Nasa thought it would happen.
So for us experts, this has no value to us....however....it does raise alot of questions. It's not only the Nasa's superior officers who like to see results....the rest of the world like to see it too, and not to mention the Americans whos money they spend to make this happen.

An ordinary citizen doesn't have first hand access to the data, and therefore we can never have a chance to see the RAW data. I doubt we would understand it anyway. And since the visuals didn't bring anything to us at all, we only have the data to go by.
And to be honest....the data means jack to me. Cause there is no garantee what so ever that the data they got is the data they will show us.
So if you want to believe the data or not is totally up to oneself.

But the whole situation after the impact is strange.
Nasa acting strange
Strange screen blackouts "whiteout".
And... In my opinion the Infrared image they had didn't match the photo one bit. I've tried to see any similarities between those two... I just can't find any. Even if the infrared picks up temperature differences you often see similarities.... But I didn't... This could be nothing though.

Anyway, what I want to say is that, can't we all be a little more open to others suggestions?
We have no proof that aliens caught the projectile and raped it in the rare end.
We have no proof that Nasa really succeeded with this mission apart from their statement that they really have gather data.

Untill we see anykind of results in form of data ourselves, could we try and stay somewhat neutral and play with ideas, discuss, analyze and speculate with each other without jumping onto one another?

The bottom line is: WE DO NOT KNOW ANYTHING....except that visuals didn't turn out as expected.

Akezzon out...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
I say we start a new campaign..."Leave the Moon Alone" or "Friends of the Moon" or some other catchy title. Who's with me?? Come on folks, bombing the moon! It's just nuts.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:08 AM
link   
reply to post by JimOberg

Here's an idea: If you want to shoot person A and want to make sure that no one in the world capable of observing could possibly stumble across it, you tell everyone that you plan to shoot person B. Everyone looks right while you do whatever you want without witnesses on the left.

They did something - you were just looking at the wrong part of the moon. Looks like you all know what the Kansas City Shuffle is now! Congrats NASA! Worked great!

Its a blindfold kick back type of a game
Called the Kansas City Shuffle
Whereas you look left and they fall right
Into the Kansas City Shuffle
Its a they-think you-think you don't know
Type of Kansas City hustle
Where you take your time
Wait your turn
And hang them up, and out to dry
I look left not right
I look left not right (indistinct voice)
I look left not right
Its a shakedown switch arrive in town
Type of Kansas City Shuffle
Gotta' make both sides and let it ride
On the Kansas City Shuffle
Now the tables turned the lessons learned
You've gotta earn yourself some trouble
Revenge like this, never sweet-
You've got yourself a long ride home

[edit on 10-10-2009 by andrewh7]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by mckyle
The scientific parameters of the experiment were fulfilled. That's not a flop.

... minus the scientific success.

what parameters? what success? It was a mission to prove water... did they prove water? I heard sodium mentioned... was that in the form of salt from a dried seabed?

Not exactly -- It was an experiment to prove or disprove water exists at that particular location.

I said this before and I'll say it again, a person can't necessarily blame the experiment just because it did not produce the expected or desired results. Just because you didn't see what you expected, that doesn't mean that the experiment failed.

Of course, the experiment could have been flawed, but people should not jump to that conclusion until more is known. However, if they determine that the experiment was carried out successfully, the answer could mean that there is no water at the impact site -- which would be an answer, thus a successful experiment.

...Having said that, , the jury is still out as to whether or not they found water. They need to analyze the data. Obviously there was no water-ice glistening in the sunlight like they expected, but if the experiment was successful, you need to follow the science to explain the unexpected result.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   
Wasting money on missiles to bomb a desolated area in the name of scientific research to further extend the knowledge of humankind is a disgrace, i want billions spent on missile's that actually hit desolated areas but kill and maim poor people trying to go about there lives; thats what taxes are for. What next eh send remote control cars to mars, whilst kids here struggle to get one for christmas due to demand. Waste.

Kidding aside, are people losing their sense of adventure and wonder. It seems like society is going to become more scared to do the great things; to build the modern wonders as people always want a justification for it, it would be nice if we could do some things just because we felt we could, because we strive to better ourselves and push on. We should dare to be great, to achieve greatness.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:39 AM
link   
has anyone thought maybe they used the south pole as a distraction ? and it all happened to the north wile everyone was glued to the south ?

also

i im sure that there are ameture astronomers out there who watched the whiole thing via there telescopes, something will surface soon from some ameture i reccon

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by rabourby

Kitt Peak Observatory saw the impact flash. Link

Originally posted by Copernicus
...There is no evidence of them crashing anything into the moon.

Like I said above, Kitt Peak Observatory saw the flash of impact.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Soylent Green Is People]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I still think we were mopping up something we didn’t want the rest of the world to see now that other countries are exploring space.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:10 AM
link   
Success or not....
The video is weird.
I have watched it several times now.
The "approach" looks weird and the Infrared does not align with the the normal shoot.

And that person who dismissed the "high five" really acts dissapointed.
This all gives me a funny feeling...

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Akezzon]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Everything went exactly as planned. Why the OP started this thread then? Or didn't you guys expect to see a massive explosion on the surface of the Moon, did you?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by LordBucket

Just thought i'd complement LodrBucket's post with some data from the NASA LCROSS mission portal (data which is still online for all to view)

First off, the initial presentation by Dr. Jennifer L. Heldmann of Ames Research Center (lcross.arc.nasa.gov/docs/LCROSS.AAS.ppt)
On slide 6 we read :
LCROSS Shepherding S/C (S-S/C) accurately directs the 2000 kg EDUS into a permanently shadowed region at a lunar pole, creating a substantial cloud of ejecta (~60 km high, >200x the energy of Lunar Prospector)

Then @ lcross.arc.nasa.gov... we read the following statement :
The amount of material (dust and probably ice) ejected could fill ten school buses, or ten Space Shuttle cargo bays. The plume will reach nearly 50 km high (over 30 miles)!

This is all copy-pasted from an official NASA document and their website!!!!! I have a bunch more stuff but am still investigating further.
Last minute they suddenly adjusted these values to 10km / 6km and what else have we seen.... (cheap attempt at covering up the fact that they obviously had no idea what was going to happen / or at least what to tell the public)

Now I do realise that these are just estimates but seriously people... How can anyone take NASA seriously when they provide us with information like this? Miscalculating the effect of the impact by a factor of 10? Don't make me laugh please.... The whole thing stinks to high heaven.

We cannot say if the mission was a failure or a success, because none of us know what the real goal was. Though I'm happy that this time NASA really made a mess of it, which got a lot of people interested in brainstorming in an attempt to get the truth out.

Some ideas are better / worse than others but they really don't leave us much choice do they? All we can do is speculate...

EDIT:
The ejecta cloud was the main 'effect' they opted to utilise in getting the data they aimed for. As they could not even come close to predicting the volume / size of the cloud, what is left to convince us that the mission was a succes?

Oh.... and weren't we told in the press conference directly after the event that if water was found, it would be known within the hour? Why the silence? Was no water detected, even though we already know that there ARE traces of water on the Moon?
Why don't they give us anything on that? I mean... even after the disappointing display, they again raise expectations which they have not met.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Mokoman]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 08:35 AM
link   
The strange multiplicity of flashes that were spotted on the lunar surface is covered in this thread - check it out:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Soylent Green Is People

Soylent, I just want to commend your patience with this thread. Because I am just shaking my head reading it.

I understand this is a conspiracy site, but man people need to do some homework on astronomy.

What do you think someone is sitting there with a digital camera taking pictures? The data NASA records comes in formats most of us don't even understand, just like trying to read a cat scan.

NASA isn't going to spend precious resources and money and get approval for something like this without years of preperation and study. They wouldn't be doing it without expecting to get something.

new topics

top topics

<< 21  22  23    25  26  27 >>

join