It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 22
<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

I and others have been pointing out through all the panic about how horrible it is to be bombing the moon, that this was a very small, very low energy impact. Sure, I would have liked to have seen something but...oh well.

I do find it a bit interesting though, with all the clamor about how dreadful this experiment would be, now the complaint is that is wasn't dreadful enough.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
I do find it a bit interesting though, with all the clamor about how dreadful this experiment would be, now the complaint is that is wasn't dreadful enough.

You sure are a very selective reader, arent you?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ganbuzz

The added weight, power, and data transmission requirements for the eye candy would have detracted from the data gathering which was the objective.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

It was a sham to say the least... I still wanna know whats up with the low budget "mission control" and why they couldn't manage a better camera. Like I said in a previous post..Wal-mart sells web-cams 30 fps for under 30 bucks... why 2 fps?? With 76 million put into this, you'd think we could at least see the "thud" who cares about the "plume" we didnt' see *anything* . Just a blackout then some Nasa guy refuse a high-five because he was obviously angered how lame it turned out. *shrug*

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

Probably from the LRO.

The LRO spacecraft orbit will be adjusted to pass at closest approach to the Cabeus target site 90 seconds after the LCROSS Centaur impact. At and just after the impact, the LRO LAMP far UV spectrometer will search for evidence of significant volatiles and how they spread in the moon's tenuous, almost nonexistent atmosphere. LRO’s Diviner radiometer will peer into the impact site to measure the heating effects of the impact and how it changes over time. LRO plans to have a campaign of extensive observations of the post-impact surface geological effects by all instruments over the course of the days and weeks following the LCROSS impact event. Such LRO-based observations will provide important measurements in support of the LCROSS team's analysis of the physics of the impact and how volatile materials may have been mobilized

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by fooks

OMG.............I so thought that!

I watched the live stream and was totally gutted that it went blank at impact.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

Or maybe he was saying, "The mission's over you SOB. I hope I never have to see you again. Now stay the hell away from my wife!"

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
The scientific parameters of the experiment were fulfilled. That's not a flop.

... minus the scientific success.

what parameters? what success? It was a mission to prove water... did they prove water? I heard sodium mentioned... was that in the form of salt from a dried seabed?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

Originally posted by NightGypsy
BTW, the notion that we are there to blow up some ET colony is absurd. Like the ET's wouldn't know we're coming--not to mention the fact they would laugh at our big bad "rocket bomb" just before they pressed the "nuke" button with their long, scrawny alien finger and blew it into oblivion. Come on, people.

For all we know, that could be exactly what happened since there is no evidence of NASA hitting the moon with anything.

reply to post by Copernicus

Well, okay, but if that's what the intent of the mission was, it doesn't seem likely they'd be publicizing it here in the media. Seems they would keep it on the down low within the confines of a "black project." What are the odds an advanced species is going to let us get that close to pulling it off before putting an end to the whole thing?

Wouldn't that be nothing less than taking to the moon to instigate a war here on Earth? Why not? America's just about used up all the other countries for that purpose, I suppose. There's only one place to go to find that kind of trouble these days.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

LOL. well I suppose that could be.. I applaud your sense of humor!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Patience kiddo. Stifle your need for instant gratification.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by gortex
Just seen on BBC News that hubble was used to image the event , so if the hubble pictures dont show a plume then there wasnt one .
And If the hubble pictures dont get released then conspiracy on

I bet you I can find a HUNDRED threads where we are told Hubble cannot image the moon in detail.. it's not designed for close ups but deep space

Now suddenly it can? WTF are hey trying to pull here? ;mad:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Well, okay, but if that's what the intent of the mission was, it doesn't seem likely they'd be publicizing it here in the media. Seems they would keep it on the down low within the confines of a "black project." What are the odds an advanced species is going to let us get that close to pulling it off before putting an end to the whole thing?

I dont think the ET's want to be disclosed anymore than our government wants them to be. If they can shoot something down without getting noticed, they probably will. There are many videos showing unknown flying objects involved in making our rockets and missiles malfunction but they can always be explained away as lens errors or whatever, maintaining plausible deniability.

But the only FACT is that there is no evidence of NASA hitting the moon with anything. The crater they claim to have created could have been there before.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:36 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

It wasn't looking for detail. Its light gathering capabilities were being put to use. It was looking for a large dim cloud.

Hubble's Wide Field Camera 3 (WFC3) and Space Telescope Imaging Spectrograph (STIS) were pointed just off the southern limb of the Moon to look for a cloud of vaporized material blasted into space by the successive impacts of the rocket booster and spacecraft. The WFC3 images do not show any evidence for a temporary exosphere resulting from the impacts.

Hubble's ultraviolet sensitivity allowed astronomers to look specifically for hydroxyl (OH) that would have been produced by vaporized material from the impact. The STIS and WFC3 looked for emission from OH which would have formed if water molecules had been thrown into sunlight and broken apart by ultraviolet radiation into hydrogen
and hydroxyl.

www.spaceref.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy What are the odds an advanced species is going to let us get that close to pulling it off before putting an end to the whole thing?

Teasing us waiting for the last second to vaporize it (that was the heat signature they saw)

In this thread they show that there were flashes from the moon in a different crater just before impact

Lcross last minute before impact
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Didn't you read the link in the OP?
Those were the retaliatory launches. Give it a couple more days and stay away from Houston.

You really do need to work on your patience.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copernicus

But the only FACT is that there is no evidence of NASA hitting the moon with anything. The crater they claim to have created could have been there before.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

Whatever the case may be, this whole mission has been suspect from the start . . . at least from what I've heard of it for the past several months.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
reply to post by NightGypsy

NightGypsy, You made me laugh! - Yes you are right in what you are saying it reminds me a little of SPACE 1999. Who would want to live on the moon - Not I... a world without trees or grass etc., SHUDDERS

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
All this debate over what? They were going to blow a 5 mile crater a 2 foot crater... we kicked up some dust, we get to analyze some... nothing much from the surface.

It's all moronic and there is a giant sham here.

40 years + since we put men on the moon...

Some talk of a secret military space force behind the scenes.

Some believe we really are doing this much NOTHING with space.

Either way, i'm either being lied to brutally OR our government across the board is really ridiculous enough to blow 9 TRILLION dollars on Iraq which we will never keep or get much of anything out of and entirely ignore Neo's The Moon and Mars which are worth incalculable amounts of money.

Disclosure if they are doing anything behind our backs

Demand that they get us back on the Moon yesterday if not, particularly when the president is telling us we will have to "work much harder" in these economic times... last I checked a single right asteroid mined could be worth 17 Trillion dollars.

This isn't worth fighting about...

This doesn't wet my appetite a bit, even if Kaku thinks... "it's a gold mine of data" lol

Send a guy back with a dust buster and you'll have 100x more info

Stop wasting my time Nasa... this is crap, I want results, Men on the Moon or disclosure on why I am being lied to... fighting over which it is, is a waste of time too...

We have one Team here boys and girls and our job involves demanding answers and demanding MORE

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:44 AM
link   
Thanks [NASA]for the tube of acne cream--the man in the moon.

the cheque's in the mail.....

top topics

<< 19  20  21    23  24  25 >>

join