It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA "Moon Bombing" mission -- DISAPPEARS

page: 21
<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by CHA0S

What exactly do you think went wrong?

There is no evidence of them crashing anything into the moon, thats what.

We just have a extremely poor video showing someone zooming in a crater.

[edit on 10-10-2009 by Copernicus]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:45 AM
link   

You don't know that there wasn't a plume, now do you?

In any case there was plenty of data gathered, which was the point. Just because you or I won't be able to understand what the data means doesn't mean there aren't people who will.

WTF!

Whats this?
Where is the "give me evidence - then I believe it" when it comes to Nasa??!

You don't know that there wasn't a plume, now do you? ??
You are seriously turning the table with this one!!

You are one of the most skeptic of all on this forum and if I would shot a alien, you would say "show me evidence, the bullet, the alien. video, pictures". If I said, yes I have a tremendous amount of evidence, i will show you in 2 days, 2 weeks or 2 months... you would say "yeah, i believe it when i see it"..

Now Nasa shot the moon and you almost asking for proof that they didnt shot it?

Nasa give us nothing except some statements "oh, yes we have plenty of data and loads of images and video" "look at this powerpoint and images from google" and you believe THIS!

You demand better evidence from other people, and here you have Nasa..
if someone can prove anything, its them, they got the scientists the money, the equipment - they can do WAY better than this!

Cmon, you can see that this is FAKE!!! SOMETHING IS WRONG!!
You do that on every other thread, UFO, ALIEN, CHEMTRAIL, ANYTHING!!!

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   

What exactly do you think went wrong?

No Moon shattering KABOOM... no spectacle visible from Earth

I don't think NASA can be blamed for trying to arouse public interest in what it is doing.

Well someone at NASA came up with this hair brained idea and SOMEONE at NASA decided it should be played up big time to raise interest so who should we blame for the flop?

It's too bad that for most people, real science is usually not very spectacular.

I think the Hubble pictures are pretty spectacular... seems to me that considering the PR and reputation NASA has been getting lately, spending a few bucks of taxpayer money to give back a little 'spectacular' for our buck is NOT to much to ask...

I think they should just dismantle it and let the NAVY take over... they run a tighter ship and get results

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

that's an interesting answer. do you think the video that was on it was ever meant to be footage or was it just meant to give some sort of place holder? what did she mean by the images are too large? clearly they were getting some images

wait, i just remembered who your avatar is! the infamous LORD WHORFIN from one of my list of fav scifis, buckaroo bonzai!
oh you are facetious! i take it they told ya... sorry bud, but it's your turn to run interference on the funny farm!

you would not believe how much it bugged me every time i saw your avatar. i was always trying to place the face.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:48 AM
link   
reply to post by Copernicus

Really?

The crashes created a man-made crater about one-fifth the size of a football field, Brown University geologist and LCROSS scientist Peter Schultz told The Associated Press.

It all worked perfectly, according to NASA. But there were no pictures of a plume. There may not have been a plume at all, or maybe it was just hidden or too small, said LCROSS scientist Anthony Colaprete.

The spacecraft, instead of spewing six miles of dust straight out, could have compacted the lunar soil — sort of like a rock sinking quickly in water instead of making a massive splash.

"We saw a crater; we saw a flash, so something had to happen in between," Colaprete said. The crater was the aftermath of the crash, and the flash was the impact itself.

"It wasn't a dud. We got a gold mine of data," said Kaku, a professor at the City College of New York and host of "Sci Q Sundays" on the Science Channel.

abcnews.go.com...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

How do you know it wasnt already there? Is it possible to see this crater from Earth or do we have to trust NASA its there?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:53 AM
link   

That right there is enough evidence, Michio Kaku is one of the most spectacular scientists ever. People can be idiots sometimes. The main question im still asking is why the crap people keep calling it a bomb, it wasnt a bomb it was a rocket.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:55 AM
link   
STS-127 Booster Camera Video

If you copy and paste the above into google you'll see what I was talking about concerning a nice fluid video of a camera mounted to the booster of the shuttle from liftoff, to space, then dropping back through the atmosphere and to earth.

Can anyone tell me this could not have been achieved with the lcrosse mission, seems to me that the camera would have been put through alot less stress than the above mission went through.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 02:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Phage, do YOU really think it wouldn't make a "splash"? That just wouldn't happen...we would most certainly see SOMETHING from Earth. That fact that we just have to trust NASA when they say everything went alright is insanity. I have another theory on what the heat signature was...a man once in charge of nuclear weapons stated he witnessed a UFO dismantle a missile in mid-flight, using lasers...

[edit on 10/10/09 by CHA0S]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:01 AM
link   
reply to post by CHA0S

No you probably would not be able to see it because its only the size of a suv! Would you be able to see an suv hit the earth from the moon you think? no

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon
Well someone at NASA came up with this hair brained idea and SOMEONE at NASA decided it should be played up big time to raise interest so who should we blame for the flop?

Just because you were expecting pretty 'Death Star' type explosions and didn't get it, doesn't mean it was a flop.

The scientific parameters of the experiment were fulfilled. That's not a flop.

I guess you would have preferred the Death Star explosion minus the scientific success.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
reply to post by ryckE

Maybe not with the naked eye...

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:03 AM
link   
hey the article on abc says the satellite flew by and took pics of the crash. when do we get to see those?
and the crashing of the little ship too?

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:04 AM
link   
What do I think went wrong?

I don't know. I am going by the obvious way that the media~and in this case it was not just the US media~swiftly hustled together a morning prize package brimming with shock value items. That bono wasn't given the prize was shocker number 1. I was pretty certain it was his turn, since the gov now relies heavily on his wiles to gather tax revenues.

My reference to Mars was mentioned because I saw what I saw. The Martian landscape shrugged one fine day and I saw what emerged from below the surface. I am certain of there being life outside of Earth. I am uncertain of life on Earth, or rather, certain that it is really death cloaked as life. Nothing happening here. We gave ourselves the worst possible thing: ourselves, devoid of respect for what brought us here. Ipods and guitar heroes and walkie talkies. whee. I am fearful of what is to come, and have come therefore to find God. You don't need a time machine to see the future. All you need to do is to admit that it is not. Not happening. Do this and real power will await you.

What went wrong? Something intervened. I declare that there is life underground our very feet. You can't shake it's hand or put it in a jail cell, or force it to be meddled with by a thirsty health industry. That this may be so on other spheres is not unrealistic. Nothin' new under the Sun.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mckyle
The scientific parameters of the experiment were fulfilled. That's not a flop.

How do you know? NASA says so? What did you expect?

The fact remains - there is zero evidence of NASA creating a crater in the moon.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by undo

The images were live. Everything, all of the data had to be transmitted live because the spacecraft was destroyed, there was no data to store and transmit later.

All of the instruments were trying to transmit all of their data at the same time. They had to fit all of that data into a stream of 1 megabit/sec. They were fiddling with sampling rates in order to get the maximum amount of data possible. That's what all the tech chatter was about, tweaking the data flow.

[edit on 10/10/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Thanx Phage for your reply concerning my thoughts about the camera on the shuttle, guess I just expected the same for this mission, live feed of impact, assumed I would see nice quality video of mission.

Wouldn't that have been sweet though? Can't imagine hooking up a camera like the one on the shuttle would have broke the budget for this mission then this live feed would have been alot more entertaining for us all.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:09 AM
link   
I listened to one NASA scientist on NPR promote this whole water-finding experiment with LCROSS as an "exciting" mission to see if there were natural resources humans could use in the event we were, and I quote, "serious about going to the moon. . . .(and) living on the moon."

Who the (bleep) wants to go live on that deserted space ball? Do they think that statement is going to lend support to these missions? Do they plan on altering the atmosphere around the moon so people can walk and breath normally, and if not do they plan on building a bubble around the moon for humans to live under? Or I suppose we'll all just wear spacesuits and float from place to place, right? I want to know where I'm supposed to rent a Bekins "moving rocket" to transport all my furniture and effects to the lunar "paradise."

And so what if they do find water there? There are no immediate plans for the colonization of the moon, so why does it matter if there's water? Are we supposed to think they're gonna create a "moon-to-earth pipeline" across the galaxy so the moon can share it's water? If we have to crash something into the moon's surface trying to find signs of water "somewhere" then obviously there isn't enough to sustain a significant number of people for survival there. Maybe someone can enlighten me on how there's even a hint of logic in this and why we shouldn't believe this is one big lie that's a cover for something else?

BTW, the notion that we are there to blow up some ET colony is absurd. Like the ET's wouldn't know we're coming--not to mention the fact they would laugh at our big bad "rocket bomb" just before they pressed the "nuke" button with their long, scrawny alien finger and blew it into oblivion. Come on, people.

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Phage

but the satellite got the pics that proved the size of the crater left by lcross. i did not see that in the video. where's that at, do you think?

[edit on 10-10-2009 by undo]

posted on Oct, 10 2009 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
BTW, the notion that we are there to blow up some ET colony is absurd. Like the ET's wouldn't know we're coming--not to mention the fact they would laugh at our big bad "rocket bomb" just before they pressed the "nuke" button with their long, scrawny alien finger and blew it into oblivion. Come on, people.

For all we know, that could be exactly what happened since there is no evidence of NASA hitting the moon with anything.

new topics

top topics

<< 18  19  20    22  23  24 >>

join