It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 28
<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
I fail to see how being the leader of a country at war, the head of a political party that has brought nothing but strife qualifies you for the nobel peace prize. That's like saying Charlie Manson should get the prize because everyone was unified when it came time for Charlie to stand trial. Charlie brought all sorts of people togeather in one unified idea. The fact that he shouldn't be loose on the streets. Granted it didn't quite go as far as the global economy but it certainly brought people togeather.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   
reply to post by maybereal11

Now you're just quoting selectively, leaving out the bit where I said that I read the same stuff you do...

Try to make me seem like a crackpot... but you're still in the wrong here, both in regards to spirituality and to the character of Barack Hussein Obama.

It's time for you to wake up to reality my friend. Both spiritual and material.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by TwistyMan

Or like saying that Alfred Nobel should get one since his invention, dynamite, killed a lot of people.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
We in the US yes we are shocked. But this should serve as proof that Obama is not the US President. Don't you recall in his European speech he said he comes to them as a citizen of the WORLD?

Obama is the WORLD president, and the NEW WORLD ORDER is where he gets his marching orders. We are in a whole new ballpark now. About 95 percent of the world are probably celebrating in the streets over this.

It is a dire sign of things to come. Watch.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:38 PM
link   
He would have preferred the Olympics for Chicago. They are just rewarding him for being elected. What a boobie prize. I think the award will jinx this administration.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by eradown]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3vilscript
reply to post by TwistyMan

Or like saying that Alfred Nobel should get one since his invention, dynamite, killed a lot of people.

That's said to be the reason *why* he decided to institute the award (the Peace award, specifically) in the first place.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Obama: "Thank you,... thank you,...(waits for applause to die down).

First I'd like to thank the academy for this prestigious award. I would like to also thank my wife and children for supporting me throughout the years.

Oh, and I'd also like to thank George Bush for lowering everyone's expectations so low that even Steven Colbert could have won this thing."

Seriously, I still think congratulations are in order. At the minimum, he deserves it for his efforts in (trying to) eliminating nuclear weapons. However, I will concede that there are probably others that are more deserving.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bombeni
We in the US yes we are shocked. But this should serve as proof that Obama is not the US President. Don't you recall in his European speech he said he comes to them as a citizen of the WORLD?

Obama is the WORLD president, and the NEW WORLD ORDER is where he gets his marching orders. We are in a whole new ballpark now. About 95 percent of the world are probably celebrating in the streets over this.

Do you think we are going to see peace in the middle east?

Thats the question I am pondering on, as far fetched as that might sound right now, things are moving fast.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by nenothtu

The GOP and the hard right don't need me to make fools of them...they are doing a perfectly good job of that themselves...

I just like to point it out in case anyone missed it.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Well, I am not sure what to say other than "Holy Crap".

If Obama can be awarded the prize I should get one too. My dog and cat are getting along much better since I have brought them together to work out their problems (and without beer on top of that)....

I am so sorry to whoever came in second and third for this award. There has been some sort of accounting error I am sure since Obama has done exactly nothing so far in office.

Please give me a break......

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:49 PM
link   
CNN
Obama to donate Nobel prize money to charity Posted: 02:04 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — President Barack Obama will donate the roughly $1.4 million award from his 2009 Nobel Peace Prize to charity, a White House spokesman said Friday.

Yep, sounds like he really is Satan and/or the Anti-Christ...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by Bombeni

Do you think we are going to see peace in the middle east?

Thats the question I am pondering on, as far fetched as that might sound right now, things are moving fast.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by XXXN3O]

Oh I know we will see peace in the ME, as to exactly when who knows. I have tried to stay neutral as to WHO will broker that peace, but today, I am one step closer to making up my mind.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

I have been well aware of Alfred Nobel, the inventor of dynamite for around 30 years. The following is from my memory of reading of him in third grade. From a series of material for standardized testing.

He was proud of his invention because it was a far safer way to transport nitroglycerin than the traditional glass vials packed in crates of straw and then packed into wagons of straw between the crates.

It was when instead of blasting for mining, road building, stump removal for farmers it was used as a weapon of war his remorse, and considerable fortune, set up the Nobel Prize for those that strove for peace.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

The Nobel prize never was about money.... especially not the Peace award.
And I suspect he can afford it.
It's also a good "investment" for the future, in terms of public image and percieved credibility... and I see it's already paying off!

As I said, I have nothing against him, I like him alright.
But awarding him this prize *now* is just ridiculous.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:54 PM
link   
the good old boys patting each other on each others back while the poor get poorer. Americans lose freedom.

This is all a hook. Just like when people were crying at Obama election - the person who would free them from the way of things.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
WTF ... i know i know.. i hate this much as you guys do..

but i was searching the internet a few nights ago and i came across a gadget blog that said the nobel prize was already awards to nerds for the creation of CCD inventors and #ing FIBER OPTICS >_< these things WORTH THE PRIZE to further humanities ability with technology.

the game is rigged people wth... the prize was bought..

however, the sound of giving a preliminary prize to someone for what they are 'about' to do later... is ridiculous as many know that the recognition is highly looked up too (until now) it might give the incentive to mr pres to actually #ing do something or the prize will be withdrawn and he will be a laughing stalk hahahah ok im down but still i will slightly doubt it... anyways please people check these links and the dates .. it is very recent..

www.nytimes.com...

www.engadget.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

He is donating it to a needy cause. I was watching and heard who he said he was donating it too, and I felt it a good choice, but I can't remember which one.

I am sure if anyone was interested in anything but Obama bashing, they could do a google search and find out. Not doing it for you guys. You would not read it or care anyway.

Just like the following, I am sure none of you Obama bashers will read it and think, you will just continue slapping the man for something he was not even aware. He did not even know he had been nominated, and was just as surprised as any of the rest of us. Myself, I was like WTF for?

Obama was shocked too, and he did not know what to think either, he was not aware he had been nominated.

And. WTF does nasa bombing the moon have to do with this? Talk about grasping at straws. Oh, and guess what? The moon is still where it should be, no aliens have come down and destroyed us all. Those cheese eating moon people are happy to have some of that cheese broken up for them.

Again, PLEASE find something that is real to complain about. I have some issues as well, but of course with all of the wolf crying, I sure do not have the option to discuss them, real concerns get drowned out by WAH WAH WAH.

HARM NONE
PEACE

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by LadySkadi
CNN
Obama to donate Nobel prize money to charity Posted: 02:04 PM ET

WASHINGTON (CNN) — President Barack Obama will donate the roughly $1.4 million award from his 2009 Nobel Peace Prize to charity, a White House spokesman said Friday.

Yep, sounds like he really is Satan and/or the Anti-Christ...

[edit on 9-10-2009 by LadySkadi]

Just what ACORN needs, 1.4 million to continue their voter fraud and voter intimidation tactics.

He better get his donation in fast so he can count it as a tax deduction before he passes legislation to remove the charitable contribution deduction.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

Well even Obama and his puppet masters know they can push us only so far. For him to accept the prize AND the money would be beyond vulgar.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
You know, I like Obama. I voted for him. But come on now, why did he get this? These fools give out Nobel Peace Prizes like it's candy. Of course I knew that when Al Gore got one for his "efforts" on global warming

Congratulations Barack! Well deserved? Yet to be seen.

Just my 2-cents

new topics

top topics

<< 25  26  27    29  30  31 >>

join