It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 31
<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Victoria 1

It is going to take us as a nation years to get over the bush/cheney years...both at home and internationally and there is no sin, no lack of patriotism to acknowledge your nation's shortcomings and mistakes.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:47 PM
link   
This just in, member of ATS forums, grayhawkz1, has just won the MacArthur award for creative and effective institutions. He gained the honor through his hard work and dedication at drawing the blue-prints for FEMA's latest quarantine efforts!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by guidanceofthe third kind
it now stands to reason that there must be some sort of international congregation of power that made a choice to put Obama up. the organization might even make a 3-letter acronym withe 2 consonants and a vowel.

I'm with you on this one

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Looks like Obama getting the Nobel Peace Price has become controversial..
But as I looked over past nominees, I found this quote:

Controversial nominees, meanwhile, have included Adolf Hitler, Soviet Union leader Joseph Stalin and Italian Prime Minister Benito Mussolini.

So I guess he fits right in..

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The Nobel Prize is announced by its statutes on a Friday in October.

The ceremony will be held on December 10th (or 12th?).

Obama was among 205 nominees, of whom only three enter the
committee´s decision-finding.

The committee consists of 4 women and one man (the president).
So, the "crush"-theory" imputed here does not hold.

GANDHI, BTW, was to receive the prize after 4 nominations in the
year of his death in January (before the deadline February 1), but
Nobel Prizes are not posthumously awarded.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Relax everyone...Everything is OK.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/39676da84fa2.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Gregarious

I know what he will do with it! He will pay the attorneys he has hired to cover up his past! Over a million now. And when he is exposed, and he definately will be, as an illegal alien, a fraud, and a scammer, either that Nobel will be recinded, but more probably, they will just have no more credibility. They are losing a lot right now, from their former award of a crook, and now another one. Just be patient. His time will come.

I was just about to post something similar. Will he have to pay the money back when he's found to be in that position fraudulently and illegally?
And the Nobel peace prize or any other Nobel prize is now so tarnished that they may as well end it all this year.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 02:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by oneclickaway

And the Nobel peace prize or any other Nobel prize is now so tarnished that they may as well end it all this year.

"Now"?
I don't know if this will come as a consolation to you, but not many people (not that I know of) consider the Nobel prizes to be worth that much anyway. Its credibility has been compromised for a long, long, long time.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Ethereal Gargoyle]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:03 PM
link   
And what has Obama said about winning?

"I do not feel that I deserve to be in the company of so many transformative figures that have been honored by this prize," he said. "I will accept this award as a call to action, a call for all nations to confront the challenges of the 21st century."

Read more at: www.huffingtonpost.com...

Oh and that he is donating the money to charity.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by grover]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:04 PM
link   
I have been sitting here slightly angry all day about this .. Obama the nobel peace prize?.. what the......!@#!$!$!!!

then after reading this thread a little (havn't waded through all 30+ pages)

it dawned on me ...

If i was one of the committee and had 250 names in front of me .....

Maybe just maybe i Give it to Obama.. why?

Maybe they think that its not really obama .. its the Message that the u.s.a sent out when he was elected..

America's first black president.

Could the committe have thought this inadvertent act has done more to promote peace and unity between all human beings on the planet than any other event ...

I sorta agree.... the symbol of the person is more than the person

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
This is simply a distraction from the Moon Bombing!

Nothing more... "peace"... really... is that why he's sending more soldier to kill and be killed! "peace" because he stopped what war? In fact, he hasn't done anything... this is why almost NO media covered the moon bombing! I think that's MUCH bigger then this propaganda!

link   

I'm getting a little tired of how democrats and the media get away with this hyperbolic demonetization of those who don't fall lock step in to their world view. This is the second or third suggestion from Democrats today that anyone who doesn't think Obama should get this award are like terrorists.

link   
reply to post by Quantum_Squirrel

Thats probably closest to what really went on. He was voted for what he represents to the world, symbolically.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Congrats Obama and to the people who gave him the prize. I can't beleive how none of you realize that this is a great move against the NWO agenda. Israel must be spewing right now. Looks like they have to go to Iran by themselfs.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quantum_Squirrel
I have been sitting here slightly angry all day about this .. Obama the nobel peace prize?.. what the......!@#!$!$!!!

then after reading this thread a little (havn't waded through all 30+ pages)

it dawned on me ...

If i was one of the committee and had 250 names in front of me .....

Maybe just maybe i Give it to Obama.. why?

Maybe they think that its not really obama .. its the Message that the u.s.a sent out when he was elected..

America's first black president.

Could the committe have thought this inadvertent act has done more to promote peace and unity between all human beings on the planet than any other event ...

I sorta agree.... the symbol of the person is more than the person

No, it isn't for the first "black" president, it is for the first "world" president.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
You really only need to watch the first minute or so of this video, then couple it with Obama winning Nobel Prize (for WHAT we ask), this makes it easier to understand but no less revealing of a conspiracy at work.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Bombeni]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
THIS JUST IN:

Given that awards are about intention and hoping to do things

PARIS HILTON AWARDED OSCAR FOR BEST FEMALE ACTRESS

[edit on 9-10-2009 by johnny2127]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

It saddens me to say it, but the true left and right seem to have been hijacked by media shock-jocks who tell people what to think, and most people just go along with it instead of using their own brain, the greatest supercomputer known currently. If we, we being the left and the right, would just do some critical thinking once in a while, we would see that we have SO much in common. We are all looking to better the country, with the exception of a few guys trying to make a quick fortune by playing people against one another.

Personally, I don't know of anyone that truly wants America to fail. We all have friends and families that live and work in the country and our motivation is almost always to protect this nation of ours. We just have different ways of going about it, and many of the movements are hijacked by the media. Imagine the power we the people would have with the democrats, republicans, liberals or whatever you want to call yourself would have if we stood firm together and demanded peace, privacy, human rights, jobs, real health care, housing, food and water to every free individual! What happens if we bring the troops home and defend OUR border and cease these un-winnable wars against a concept. With our resources and technology there is NO reason that we couldn't feed and shelter every citizen and make this country truly a beacon of light and moral example for the entire world. But nothing like this will ever happen until we realize that we are each others neighbors and brothers and sisters. We have to peacefully stand together. Forget your race, sex, job, political party and anything else cleverly designed to divide us all. We are all sovereign individuals. We are family. But there are a few rich men and women at the top who will do anything they can to make you and me forget that. We must stand together with our neighbors or divided we will indeed fall.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

i have tried to be nice but i see that you have hunka in the midst now as well so the gloves are off. you and hunka have acted as if obama has been given this award like he is some kind of great president and humanitarian. the man has not completed one campaign promise thus far. he has perpetuated to every nation, on how terribly bad the united states is. then if that wasnt enough, Obama wants to sign over the united states rights, to the UN. you two jokers are either counter intelligence officers or sipping the kool aid. whatever it is, i beleive nothing you two say from now on!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Exemplar

Excellent post and one I agree whole heartedly with...a star for you.

top topics

<< 28  29  30    32  33  34 >>

join