It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 26
<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Did you not notice where I have said several times now that I thought it was unwarranted as well?

It still doesn't change my critique of the right's behavior.

And no not everyone who objects to his winning is from the right...but I was talking about the GOP and the right...not everyone else.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by grover]

link   
How accurate does this sound when you replace Joanna with Obama?

New national anthem?

link   
The Nobel is now a political tool. Who won it last? Al Gore... Before that? Carter and who else? The murdering Yasser Arafat AKA Chief Terrorist. Obama is now in the company of the most far left group that ever existed.

the Nobel means death now. By it being awarded to Obama more of our troops will be killed for the continuing indecisiveness of Obama himself. I think that is what it was designed to do in this case.

Do us all a favor and keep the prize but go back to Africa Obama...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by grover

So you agree that it is unwarranted? Yet you believe people do not have the right to criticize the decision? ...Interesting.

link   
reply to post by grover

So you agree that it is unwarranted? Yet you believe people do not have the right to criticize the decision? ...Interesting.

link   
Hey I just read that Obama is in line for the Congressional Medal Of Honor next month and an Oscar for his role as a Presidential Candidate that fooled HALF of the nation with his convincing smile and cocky swagger.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by antmax21
reply to post by grover

In response...read this again:

Did you not notice where I have said several times now that I thought it was unwarranted as well?

And no not everyone who objects to his winning is from the right...but I was talking about the GOP and the right...not everyone else.

Of course everyone has a right to criticize but again I was just talking about the GOP and the right.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Um, nope, must have missed that.

As for the rights behaviour, just imagine if it were Bush who got the Medal, and the lefts' reaction.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mindmelding

Are you out of your mind?!

Obama is someone of dubious nationality, dubious academic performance, dubious intelligence community status, dubious sexuality who is clearly narcissistic and clearly has his strings pulled by elitists. He is a pathological liar that has almost a 100% track record of breaking his campaign promises. Not that they were promises, they were just platitudes, but even with such a vague platform such as change he managed to mess it up by basically being Bush 3.0.

Obama has atributes, sure. None of them would qualify him for a peace prize. At most a Hollywood Oscar.

This award has had dubious and politically motivated nominations and awards in the past, as well as serving as a memetic enhancement to validate dubious science. It dosen't surprise me in substance that the world elite would pull something like this off.

I do however think they went too far, to give Obama, at his lowest approval point, such a scandalously inapropriate accolade... well, it shows who's behind the curtain quite nicely and I guess I'm happy it happened.

If you, Benevolent Heretic, want to like Obama, fine, but don't bother to debate me on this, he's way past debating for him and has shown his true colours (no racial pun intended before people grab the "racist" card to protect their "saviour"). Most people just want him thrown onto the scrap pile of history and move on... Nobel or no Nobel.

Dubious? Your claim of "most" is dubious. It seems to me in this country, he still is running slightly above 50%, and his approval numbers world wide are incredibly high...so where do you get your "most"?

"Most" of the people who post on the websites and blogs you frequent and take your talking points from?...Absolutely! I will be HAPPY to relent that to you. I'm sure in your circles, the VAST majority want him tossed on the scrap heap. However you are your like minded ire do not "most" make.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by beefytee]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by beefytee]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:24 PM
link   

After 8 years of running the USA like a rogue nation we would have peed ourselves laughing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grover

Originally posted by antmax21
reply to post by grover

In response...read this again:

Of course everyone has a right to criticize but again I was just talking about the GOP and the right.

Which means you think he hasn't earned it, but folks have no buisness criticising an unearned award.

Oh, wait... I just got down to the last line of your quote of yourself. You just wanted to bash the GOP and the right, and this was a convenient hook for you. Got it now. My apologies. Carry on, then.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

No. I'm not. I'm right here in my mind.

Obama is someone of dubious nationality, dubious academic performance, dubious intelligence community status, dubious sexuality ....

Considering your previous question, this diatribe is quite hilarious!

If you, Benevolent Heretic, want to like Obama, fine, but don't bother to debate me on this...

Worry not.
To have a reasoned debate with you never entered my mind.

On topic, a couple of interesting reactions to this news.

Obama has changed the tone America uses to speak to the world generally and the Muslim world specifically. His speech in Cairo, his first-week interview on al-Arabiya, and the extraordinarily conciliatory holiday video he sent to Iran are all substantial illustrations of that. His willingness to sit down and negotiate with Iran -- rather than threaten and berate them -- has already produced tangible results.
John McCain, once again proving that he is still out of touch with his party, told CNN, "I think all of us were surprised at the decision. But I think Americans are always pleased when their president is recognized by something on this order."

Clearly McCain hadn't read RedState.com, which immediately went to the race card when explaining how the Nobel could go to the president. "I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota for it," Red State blogger Erik Erickson wrote, "but that is the only thing I can think of for this news."

Source

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I expect the same folks who reveled in their own country's failure to secure an Olympic bid to rail on about their own President being honored with such an award.

What an insanely self-hating nation we must appear to the rest of the world.

Perhaps it was that he actually reached out to the world rather than threaten it?

That he actually went to the Middle East and delivered a speech in a respectful tone rather than declare entire segments of the world "evil"?

lynch.foreignpolicy.com...

this speech is an essential starting point in a genuine conversation, a respectful dialogue on core issues..

This wasn't a one-off Presidential speech. The succession of statements (al-Arabiya interview, Turkish Parliament, message to the Iranians) and the engagement on the Israeli-Palestinian policy front set the stage.

Obama made an admirable effort to speak a few words in Arabic,.... As anyone who has traveled abroad knows, a little effort learning local languages signals respect and goes a long way.

Or his declaration that the US will not unconditionally support Israel in the Middle East conflict...Again a radical change from his predecessor.

Obama: U.S. Does Not Recognize 'Legitimacy of Continued Israeli Settlements'
www.foxnews.com...

In declaring that it is time for Middle East peace "without preconditions," President Obama used his speech to the U.N. General Assembly Wednesday to fire a warning at Israel that "America does not accept the legitimacy of continued Israeli settlements."

In comparison to the preceding POTUS I can see how the President's style of actually treating the global community like human beings worthy of respectful dialouge might appear such a radical change in policy that it warranted this kind of recognition.

Absent the current GOP right wing hatred of all things Obama...from a world view...this is not so suprising ...

A US POTUS just received the Nobel Prize...Take a deep breath...It's a good thing.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In all reality I tend to think it was more of a thumbing of the nose at the whole bush/cheney mentality that held sway over that last 8 years.

If any other country had behaved like we did we would have labeled them a rogue state.

That is how I took the committee statement to read anyway.

In that light it is less a salute to president Obama as a snub to bush minor.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

No. I'm not. I'm right here in my mind.

Obama is someone of dubious nationality, dubious academic performance, dubious intelligence community status, dubious sexuality ....

Considering your previous question, this diatribe is quite hilarious!

If you, Benevolent Heretic, want to like Obama, fine, but don't bother to debate me on this...

Worry not.
To have a reasoned debate with you never entered my mind.

On topic, a couple of interesting reactions to this news.

Obama has changed the tone America uses to speak to the world generally and the Muslim world specifically. His speech in Cairo, his first-week interview on al-Arabiya, and the extraordinarily conciliatory holiday video he sent to Iran are all substantial illustrations of that. His willingness to sit down and negotiate with Iran -- rather than threaten and berate them -- has already produced tangible results.
John McCain, once again proving that he is still out of touch with his party, told CNN, "I think all of us were surprised at the decision. But I think Americans are always pleased when their president is recognized by something on this order."

Clearly McCain hadn't read RedState.com, which immediately went to the race card when explaining how the Nobel could go to the president. "I did not realize the Nobel Peace Prize had an affirmative action quota for it," Red State blogger Erik Erickson wrote, "but that is the only thing I can think of for this news."

Source

And as we all know, redstate.com is the official mouthpiece for all republicans everywhere.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by beefytee

According to Rasmussen he just broke uneven with 50% approval rating. This is all media bs, but even they can't put lipstick on a pig it seems.

Strongly approve and dissaprove comes out at 29 and 35% respectively. Again, this is biased media spin, but they still give him a -6.

Real world numbers I would put in the 70% dissaprove and 30% delusional. It's a guesstimate, sure, but probably accurate. As people keep waking up that remaining third of the population will keep shrinking...

He's a political zombie, with life being breathed into him by the corporate media and special interest groups. He can only live within the system, not in the mind of the people he claims to represent.

But the world elite dosen't care, he's one of them, and as long as he does what they want him to they won't air the Sinclair story or get him shot.

It's a bit like Kennedy in reverse.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Ironically you don't exist "in" your mind. Your consciousness exists as part of the field, you are matter animated by spirit, something which will become very clear at the time of your death, or earlier should you have such a moment. Your mind is an antenna, believe it or not.

So grab onto materialistic psuedo rationality all you like, it makes for a fun conversation, but just goes to show how deeply missguided you are about everything, including yourself

If you want to experience yourself fully, purify your body, meditate, and it will all become clear, no need to ask for proof, as the key has always been within yourself.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty

Originally posted by whatukno
I wonder what the president will do with the $1.4 million in prize money he gets for winning the peace prize?

This is a shocker! I don't know what to think.

He now has a way to pay off the lawyers blocking all the court cases looking into his birth status/certificate without spending the taxpayer's money to do it.

Or maybe he'll pay off one of his cabinet member's back taxes

It's time you get off the drugs, the 2 lawyers working for him are pro bono. It's funny how Judges throw out the 'frivolous' lawsuits filed by crazy birthers like Orly Taitz who runs to Israel just 4 days after filling "fake" kenyan birth certificate.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I did read as far as page 11, but got bored of all the silly political sniping.

My thoughts on this are either

He receives it while he is still alive!

or

4Chan rigged the vote. Moot was going to be the winner, but they chose Obama for the lulz.

new topics

top topics

<< 23  24  25    27  28  29 >>

join