It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Unbelievable!! One of the moderators that I formerly respected has issued me TWO warnings for my former post!!

I don't know if the animal that I mentioned was misconstrued as racial (it was not intended that way) or if somehow mentioning all of the odd discrepancies in Obama's race, religion, and political background is off limits in a thread about Obama, but I have never, ever received a warning, quite the opposite.

I guess it is true. Not only is the Nobel organization now defunct, so is ATS. If we cannot point out pure facts without getting warnings, then we can no longer speak at all!

As in my other couple of posts, it is truly a sad, sad day! A man that I voted for, has turned his back on his campaign promises, and still received worldwide recognition and monetary award for the shear audacity to make the promise in the first place. If I receive a warning for this post, so be it. I have brought a lot of members to ATS, and I feel I have provided a good well-rounded opinion throughout my time here. I have received applauses, and recognition, so do with me what you may!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:18 AM
link   
Another fine peace choice from the inventors of Dynamite!

This is what is going to kill the NWO, them showing their true colours and allegiances to the world. Because the world, not being psychopaths, can clearly see what a psychopath is.

And giving the world's highest peace prize to a liar who said he would stop wars and instead escalates them... well, how psychopathic does it have to be till EVERYONE notices? This is parasitism, the psychopathic parasites gluing themselves to the idea of peace, hoping it will stick in the minds of the people. I think it's too late, but let's see how it pans out.

The irony, however, is hilarious.

War is peace.
Lies are Truth.
Slavery is Freedom.
All hail the psychopathocratic NWO!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Will they be allowed to take back the award after Obama bombs Iran before the end of the year?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I think this is pretty ridiculous.
He's been in office for less than a year and is still bombing the crap out of a handful of countries. How does that deserve an award for peace?

F'in ridiculous!

Probably has some fans in the committee or they are totally blind to the ongoing wars.

They need to take that prize back.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Here's what happened obama was nominated for the prize two weeks into his presidency thinking by now he would have saved the ins.industry,the banks,the auto industry etc.,healed relations with Iraq,Venezuela and Cuba, closed Gitmo got us out of Iran.They were really setting this guy up to be leader/savior of the world and then...................they hit a snag on healthcare and the American people woke up.BIG PROBLEM.
Think about it!
POWER TO THE PEOPLE!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by genius/idoit]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by getreadyalready

Unbelievable!! One of the moderators that I formerly respected has issued me TWO warnings for my former post!!

I don't know if the animal that I mentioned was misconstrued as racial (it was not intended that way) or if somehow mentioning all of the odd discrepancies in Obama's race, religion, and political background is off limits in a thread about Obama, but I have never, ever received a warning, quite the opposite.

I guess it is true. Not only is the Nobel organization now defunct, so is ATS. If we cannot point out pure facts without getting warnings, then we can no longer speak at all!

As in my other couple of posts, it is truly a sad, sad day! A man that I voted for, has turned his back on his campaign promises, and still received worldwide recognition and monetary award for the shear audacity to make the promise in the first place. If I receive a warning for this post, so be it. I have brought a lot of members to ATS, and I feel I have provided a good well-rounded opinion throughout my time here. I have received applauses, and recognition, so do with me what you may!

As someone who is of mixed parentage, I feel that was unjust. I didn't take what you said as racist.

You got my props, brother.

Mike

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I like most of you are shocked. I don’t dislike or like the man, really don’t care for his politics. But really a Nobel Prize for talk, just talk no action or anything. WOW, then I hope this gets me in the running for next year “Ah….People starving is bad, nuke weapons are bad too, global warming is real bad, I like butter.” There you go I got it all wrapped up for next year.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by beefytee

I think you're on pretty thin ice racially with this post, and being a white dude on wall street, I'm not one to whip out the race card too quickly.

Turns out you were right! And racial tensions are worse than I ever knew. I referenced what I referenced because I have a photo up near my desk of the before mentioned mammal with my wife while she was battling Guillan-Barre. She didn't smile for a year, but when the fair was in town, the mammal mentioned set on her shoulder and shook her finger for a quarter. The photo on my desk is the largest, and most sincere smile I have ever seen on her. That was my motivation for the reference, not race!

The fact that some people use that same mammal in a racial sense never occured to me, so I apologize to my sensitive counterparts and moderators!

I have posted that second paragraph from the deleted post multiple times on ATS. So, I don't believe it was that aspect of Obama's background that got me warned and deleted. I also do not believe that anyone that has ever read my posts would consider anything I have ever written as political "trolling."

So, as beefy mentioned. It had to be a sensitive racial aspect that had escaped me. Probably because I work with about 50% black people, and my closest friends are all in mixed couples. In my circles, all mammals are fodder for conversation, but I guess that is not always the case.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by Beefcake
These kids will have to learn a new song for their hero.

People wonder why parents worry about indoctrination in scholls?

On to Barrack...

I can not believe he beat out an Afghan women's rights worker and a Chineese dissident. He stands behind lecterns and gives false promises. All the while people are out there risking their lives for real change. This is a slap in the face to anyone that actually tries to make a difference in the world.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by warrenb
reply to post by whatukno

I think this is pretty ridiculous.
He's been in office for less than a year and is still bombing the crap out of a handful of countries. How does that deserve an award for peace?

F'in ridiculous!

Probably has some fans in the committee or they are totally blind to the ongoing wars.

They need to take that prize back.

*What he said*

As a Scandinavian of today I´m very, very very ashamed, over-run and disgusted about the whole thing.
I´m speachless and find the situation totally absurd!

I´m so outraged that I cannot find words!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:36 AM
link   
Obama has done NOTHING to deserve this award, which leads most thinking people to beleive there is something else going on here. Its pretty clear that this is a bribe to get Obama to do what these world leaders want and not so much what the American people might want.

www.timesonline.co.uk...

Comment: absurd decision on Obama makes a mockery of the Nobel peace prize

The award of this year’s Nobel peace prize to President Obama will be met with widespread incredulity, consternation in many capitals and probably deep embarrassment by the President himself.

Rarely has an award had such an obvious political and partisan intent. It was clearly seen by the Norwegian Nobel committee as a way of expressing European gratitude for an end to the Bush Administration, approval for the election of America’s first black president and hope that Washington will honour its promise to re-engage with the world.

link   
Where are all the feverent Obama supporters on this site, telling us President Obama is deserving of this Award this early in his term? You guys are staying conviently quiet. Lets hear your comments.

link   
Dbl post, sorry.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalph

Hey I am being honest, I don't know if he deserved to win it or not. I don't think that just after 9 months in office he really has done anything that deserves the Nobel Peace Prize.

I just get sick of the blatant Obama hatred on this board sometimes. Hell the guy farts and some of you think the end is near.

What I don't like is blatant lies about a person. I don't care who they are, just lying about a person because you don't like the political stance (yea like that's the reason) they take is putrid.

Maybe he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize, but winning it and posting it here sure has shown how vile and disgusting the hate for this man really is.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   
The Antichrist will be a definite individual, a particular human being. A single individual of outstanding ability and extraordinary power will arise, who is opposed to Jesus Christ and claims to be the Christ.

It is significant that Antichrist will be a man. Antichrist will not be some strange creature, unrecognizable to you and me, some foreigner, a man from Mars or another solar system. Antichrist will not be a stranger to humanity. Indeed, he will be the final and full development of man, of the human race. You will know him well, for his nature will be your nature. Man always has and always will claim equality and identity with God . This man's claims will be believable; he will be one of us.

We emphasize the point in the preceding paragraph because there is often the impression that Antichrist will simply be a religious figure. Scripture makes clear, however, that Anti-christ will be a political power.

This political power will be a worldwide power. The beast has ten horns and ten crowns, representing fullness of power and authority over the nations of the world. Verse 3 says that all the world wondered after the beast. Verse 7 says that he has power over all kindreds and tongues and nations. And verse 8 says that all that dwell on the earth shall worship him.

But we remind you, the Antichrist deceives. He will not tip his hand by declaring publicly, "I am the Antichrist." He will not claim that there is no God, no Christ, no salvation, and that the message of the Bible is a lie. But he will say, "I am your Messiah; you are God (Shirley MacLaine has comrades and consorts in the Rastifarians of Jamaica, whose word for "divine" is "I-vine"!); and an earthly life of peace and prosperity, of health and happiness -- that is salvation." The distant rumblings of Antichrist's thunder are growing louder.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I'd love to know how he plans on spending the prize money. He should be donating every cent of it to support the families of military casualties of the war he's continuing to back.

It'll be a gutless act on his part to stand up before the world and look them in the eyes after accepting the award.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ipsedixit

Yeah exactly! or something like that!

A similar scenario would have an eirie feeling of Déjà Vu, wouldn't it?!

The NWO is now on the storm front advancing and are implementing their agenda while interests & defenders of the Old World, could possibly be striking back?!

Or this time we're all toast since these two factions are united?

And that would mean that the Old America and the Old World together with Russia, China, and the EU now is on the same side! - which I of course have suspected a long time!

They will certainly have their NWO in ten years! - this is only the beginning of the last phase!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Nassim Haramein

Really? Again with the Anti-Christ?

Double face palm for you!

Shesh oh pete!

And really, who starred that post? Cmon!

[edit on 10/9/2009 by whatukno]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:43 AM
link   
the Weekly Standard

People who were passed over so Obama could get the 'anti-Bush' .. uh ... I mean the Nobel Prize award -

Samar, women's rights activist in Afghanistan: "With dogged persistence and at great personal risk, she kept her schools and clinics open in Afghanistan even during the most repressive days of the Taliban regime, whose laws prohibited the education of girls past the age of eight. When the Taliban fell, Samar returned to Kabul and accepted the post of Minister for Women's Affairs."

Ingrid Betancourt: French-Colombian ex-hostage held for six years.

"Dr. Denis Mukwege: Doctor, founder and head of Panzi Hospital in Bukavu, Democratic Republic of Congo. He has dedicated his life to helping Congolese women and girls who are victims of gang rape and brutal sexual violence."

Handicap International and Cluster Munition Coalition: "These organizations are recognized for their consistently serious efforts to clean up cluster bombs, also known as land mines. Innocent civilians are regularly killed worldwide because the unseen bombs explode when stepped upon."

"Hu Jia, a human rights activist and an outspoken critic of the Chinese government, who was sentenced last year to a three-and-a-half-year prison term for 'inciting subversion of state power.'"

"Wei Jingsheng, who spent 17 years in Chinese prisons for urging reforms of China's communist system. He now lives in the United States."

Other remarks around the net -

Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize ... no, really

In other words, they gave him a Nobel for … being Hopenchange-y.

Obama is becoming Jimmy Carter faster than Jimmy Carter did

So in less than two weeks of entering office, Obama did something to qualify. What was it? Not closing Gitmo? Continuing the Bush administration’s policies in the War on Terror but no longer using the name? Or pronouncing a policy of abject American capitulation to our enemies?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Nassim Haramein

Thanks for pointing that out, you probably hit the nail on the head.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join