It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 14
<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:05 AM
link   
I am very proud to have our (undisputed) American President win such a high honor, he his truly diserving and I believe when he decides the time is right he will pull our troops from Iraq and Afgan.
Truly a good day to be an American.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

Who ever put Obama up to finishing the job that is us and the rest of society, have apparently decided to just chuck the medal at the guy.

They are awarding themselves all the publicity, all the money, all the awards, all the television time, and are quietly bilking us of all our means to survive. Obama is just one example of this situation.

We are in trouble. Be strong. May the gods help us all.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by InDaZone
There's so many ridiculous people on here.

When George Bush was President people were calling him the antichrist and claiming he would start WW3.

Now they are trying to pin that on Obama.

Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for opening up lines of communication with our enemies.. it's called diplomacy. He's created an atmosphere where people don't shoot first and ask questions later (BUSH and Iraq)... and people actually think about compromising.. (U.S and Russia over European missile defense system).

Obama has given billions of people around there world hope and you can say the American people have also done that by electing a man the exact opposite of Bush who destroyed our image around the world... so in a sense you can say the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the American people also.

Stop trying to demonize and discredit everything and actually have an open mind.

Well just take what you can learn from this thread then. Realize that 90 percent of average joes now consider Obama a big fat loser, liar, and a letch. (I don't actually know what a letch is, I just thought I needed a third description for good sentence structure.)

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by InDaZone

Obama has given billions of people around there world hope and you can say the American people have also done that by electing a man the exact opposite of Bush who destroyed our image around the world... so in a sense you can say the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the American people also.

snip

I think you're on pretty thin ice racially with this post, and being a white dude on wall street, I'm not one to whip out the race card too quickly.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by beefytee]

link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Right, I keep forgetting to bash Obama for anything he does. Sorry, I'll certainly try and remember to put more of a bash Obama spin on any future threads about the president.

I'm not sure he deserved to win, but it's nice that the world sees us in a better light than before. Our reputation around the world is severely tarnished by the last administration. Least this president has made an effort to reach out to the world that we live in and make some headway in bettering the US in the eyes of the world.

You yourself said "i'm not sure he deserved to win". Let me tell you - he didn't. It is corruption beyond belief that a president whose country is waging 2 wars is awarded a Peace prize. Just keep pulling the wool over your faces.

Do you think the world thinks of the US better now? Really? Why? Because some organization saw it fit to unjustly award an achievement prize to your president?

I'm willing to bet this act will be a laughingstock of the world, and the Nobel prize will drop in its prestige among those who truly have accomplished or will accomplish something worthwhile.

Let me go on a limb and tell you what could happen. The US invades/attacks Iran, so a new war is started. But the reports will talk everywhere how the US administration is ensuring the world is at peace! Hence the president justly won the Nobel peace prize because he started a war to make sure Iran doesn't attack anyone.

link   
Now we have a man of peace which was predicted, i canny think the place i seen it ,oh wait a min it was everywhere on documentarys for the end times. history channel. nostrodamus. even i think bible
but now its official .

time to check prophecy

THE NEW WORLD ORDER ARE RAMING IT DOWN OUR THROATS THE OLD WAYS ARE HISTORY ITS THERE AGENDA AND YOU CARNT DO DIDLEY.
PEOPLE WE ARE SCREWED its nothing to do with nobel anymore since al gore went halfs.
people are running around scared sh+++t less like headless chickens approving and signing anythink they are told to do.
there must be an awfully powerfull boggie man or they are evil

[edit on 9-10-2009 by dashar]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by dashar]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Well he just attacked the moon (supposedly)and it never did a thing to us.
Seriously, I notice your post is asking us to look at obama in a different light.
Well we have and we would ask you to do the same.
your side of the conflict can offer no proof as to what obama has done that is beneficial for this country,While what I would consider my side can site numerous things he has done to damage it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
I thought this was a joke when I first read the headline. I can't help but think this is purely political as most of the population of the planet seems to have turned against Obama and his handlers agenda.

link   

Originally posted by TheInformer
I am very proud to have our (undisputed) American President win such a high honor, he his truly diserving and I believe when he decides the time is right he will pull our troops from Iraq and Afgan.
Truly a good day to be an American.

PFFLLLLTTTTTLLLLLLFFFFFFT!

I am rabidly patriotic, and I voted for Obama, and I see a little bit of good in his actions mixed with a lot of stupid decisions, but today I do not feel proud as an American, or as a Scientist, or as a human being!

This is a disastrous blow to the legitimacy of the Nobel organization, and a slap in the face to leaders around the world that are scrapping daily to pull their people up and unite them. There are probably 1000 better suited nominees for this prize!

Maybe in 4 or 8 years when Obama has a track record to rest his laurels on, then he can be considered, but he has not done a single thing yet except talk! I am utterly appalled at this, and I thought it was a joke when I got the news via text message this morning.

No, this makes me very, very sad, and pretty angry. Proud is not a word I had even considered thus far!

link   

This is simply retarded. I saw an article explaining how he wants to reduce nukes and stuff. Ok, I've been saying that for years, where's my peace prize? he hasn't DONE anything yet just talk and like others have said we're in two wars and about to go into a third.

This is ridiculous and clearly the prize is a scam and this was staged for something.

link   

Originally posted by cloakndagger
It's amazing how one man can come out of nowhere to be president and a Nobel peace prize winner in one year.

Exactly, and if anyone thinks he did this on his own merit due to real skill or real hard work needs to check himself/herself in for living an alternate reality.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
It took a while but something someone said just sank in.

Thee nomination/voting for this prize ended just 11 days after Obama was in office.

11 days.

And anyone here is going to say it was for his actions? C'mon! It was because he was voted the first non-caucasian president.

Lets discuss this 900 pound elephant in the room people.

Because he has a higher melanin content in his skin than others, he got the fracking prize.

Ignoring the 900 lb. object in the room won't make it go away.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Yes Obama is working for disarmament - for other countries ONLY, America still wants to keep all its nukes so that no other country can oppose it.
Well done Nobel prize commitee, well done for being so smart .
I think I should deserve the 2010 nobel peace prize for putting up with STUPID GOVERMENTS and STUPID COMMITEES that decide STUPID AWARDS .

Sorry but I hate to say it and before you start flaming, I actually agree with the comments from the Jihadists and Taliban on this.

news.bbc.co.uk...

What HAS he done to promote world peace, apart from try and keep all teh nukes for teh US only.

[edit on 9/10/09 by DataWraith]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Absolutely baffling...

They are setting him up to be the Dictator of the World...

Or

Someone did a backroom peace deal in the name of Obama (he doesn't have a spine)

... And everyone screamed this morning "WTF?" ...

No thread derailing, just another article.

[edit on 10·9·09 by DrMattMaddix]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Help help!

I've just woken up in a parallel universe. Where I come from Obama has just won not only the Warmongers Lifetime Achievement Prize, but also The Wall Street Puppets Medal. He managed to get to this position in less than ten months. It takes me longer than that to complete a Call of Duty computer game.

Where's Quinn Mallory and Professor Maximillian Arturo? I need to get back to a universe that at least makes SOME sense.

Seriously though this is getting wierder and wierder by the day. He carries on and even expands on Bush policies of war, war profiteering, and illegal detention of POWs. He lies and does things that are illegal for a President of the US to do and accelerates the NWO agenda.

I thought the pace of this descent into NWO hell was going to be a lot slower than what appears to be the case. I've got to accelerate my survival plans now. I thought the Swine Flu was going to be an acclimation exercise for a later plague, but maybe things are further along than that.

Originally posted by yankeerose
This is such wonderful news for America! What an outstanding way to acknowledge our President! I am so proud of America and her President right now! What a change from just 10 months ago!!

Good for Obama!! Now maybe more Americans will see what the rest of the world thinks of our President.

Barack Obama wins Nobel Peace Prize

[edit on 9-10-2009 by yankeerose]

You are joking right? This is sarcasm isn't it? I hear Americans get sarcasm these days. Of course it is it couldn't be anything else other than sarcasm could it? Could it? Or could it?

Alex Jones is going to have a fit. Perhaps I'll listen in today in case he needs a first responder.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:14 AM
link   

Remember that famous bull# speech where the Obama administration campaigned for a war in Afghanistan the week before the "peaceful" Egyptian speech. That was hilarious. The man had an ear piece and managed to spew so much bull# I remember drowing in my porridge.

Some of us are awake, and some of us have the ability to detect bull#. The bull# dectector just went bezerk around me. The real reason they are in Afghanistan, just like every staged war, is to get the ancient technology and reminents of past civilizations that existed there. If there is oil and gas I see no reason why they won't grab some of that either!. But It's anicient stargates and what not. This world is so kept in the dark of what really was on this world so very long ago and is still here. But I will not discuss that here.

All I'm going to say is, Iran, Afghanistan, Iraq were always high on the list to be invaded. The Terrorism is just another really sad fad distraction for the pawns then to make their moves on attacking other pawns in this very complext game.

War is war and war is not acceoptable. There is no elabaration and one sideness to it. If you condole having another 17,000 Americans dead, more genocide and the continuation of war in Iraq you have lost common sense in reality.Your so lost you don't question the reasons they are in war, you just get a romantic attraction for Obama that you forget reality.

Oh boy 2009 and people are stil away in the fairies.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Mind1universe]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Who said what about a patriot act/war/detention/another war?

This is disrespectful to true Nobel winners.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wachstum
the swedish commitee made a political decision: The price is not for what he did, but what he will hopefully do in the future. Like a self-fulfilling prophecy: We give you the nobel peace price and from now on, you must prove yourself worthy. If not, people will make fun of you...

Sounds like a futile hope

Yeah it would be quite ironic for the current Nobel Peace Holder to initate an attack on Iran, or stands by idly while Russia gobbles up Georgia, that would be rich.

Obama will be more interested in upholding his Prize than doing what is necessary. Do you really want a Lamb for a President of the U.S., given all the threats/problems around us?

I don't get how you get the Nobel Prize for a bunch of "Hope and Change". Most other winners have Actually done something and/or devoted their lives to a Peace cause.

It really lowers the standards, IMO. If he had earned it, that would be another matter. As it stands it's all hype and no results.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by pavil]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:17 AM
link   
This has got to be the most outrageous moment of the year.

IMO, this is equivalent to giving the Detroit Lions the Lombardi Trophy for finally winning a game.

Obama should show some manhood and decline to accept what he doesn't deserve.

top topics

<< 11  12  13    15  16  17 >>

join