It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:58 AM
link   
The TV says Obama's response was that he is 'humbled'.
I'm sure his minions will all now parrot their dear leader and be 'humbled' as well.
Look for lots of 'humble' people in the next few days ....
(Olberman, Matthews, shills, etc)
All unaware of what the hell is really going on .. but humble.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno
reply to post by gandalph

Maybe he doesn't deserve a Nobel Prize, but winning it and posting it here sure has shown how vile and disgusting the hate for this man really is.

I liked Obama, I voted for him.

So far, I am disappointed. Nothing he promised has happened and indeed more of the same and then some is occurring. I do not hate him.

I hope he turns around and does more of what he promised us he would do.

But looking at what he has done so far there is veeery little substantial work he has done to deserve this award. Others out there deserve who have done more, that's the point.

link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
WHAT THE HELL!??! Barack Obama... The president who bankrupted the country... Who among other things is trying to push a national health care system on us, "million men youth brigades" and tattle tail squads... The man is destroying America! No, he already has destroyed it... This is the ultimate insult!! Beyond outrageous...

I think you where pretty bankrupted before Obama came to office so he´s atleast not to blame for that event.

link   
This just proves that tptb think we are all stupid, the man has done nothing for humanity yet to date and hasnt be around at all that long

people need to see this for what it is, a massive world PR stunt

makes me sick

link   

Originally posted by whatukno
Ill worry when he devides the world into seven kingdoms. Untill then the only people close to the biblical Anti Christ still are Stalin and Hitler. Obama is no match.

I'm not up on Revelation anymore. I've read it a few times but kinda dismissed it as a religious delusion by an old fella who was in great stress and living in exile. Doesnt the anti-christ supposedly head up the seven kingdoms that are each headed by 'little' evil dictator types who all follow and adore him? Something like that?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:01 AM
link   
This is as outrageous as it is DISGUSTING. The Nobel Peace Prize is now OFFICIALLY a joke and a travesty. No one will EVER take it seriously again. What a sick, perverted, and disgusting cretin world we live in folks. I feel like I'm in the twilight zone. Madness reigns. These surely must be the end times.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
All you have to do is look at some of the similarities between politicized nobel appointments, eg. Kissinger, Ghandi, Mandela and Obama;

1. All are/were political tools
2. Ghandi, Mandela and Obama are/were racist or had a racist agenda
3. Ghandi actually supported class based systems
4. All winners support an NWO agenda that might or did cause a paradigm shift in world views and thinking
5. All winners rode on the back of ad campaigns promoted by the NWO, IMF or UN
6. In analyzing the promotion methods, they all fit into stage II or III of the Hegelian dialectic Anti-Thesis (II) or Synthesis (III)
7. Rationalization and ethical inversion has been applied to all of them, simplest example is Mandela = terrorist = supports terrorist organization = hero.

At this point you can't pull the water back up over the damn without a great deal of effort and need more than 13.7% of the population that can think critically.

Cheers

Bob

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
OMG. I like the guy, but what's he ever done for world peace, other than talk about it?!

I can say, "We need more international diplomacy."

Does that, at least, get me nominated?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Yea pretty much, the story of the anti Christ goes something like dude becomes ruler of all of the earth, and makes seven kingdoms then there's a thousand years of peace and then all hell breaks loose.

People all over also have to take a mark of the beast.

Oh and he apparently has to have a number 666.

Like you said, it's religious dogma that was penned by someone in exile.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I starred that post, Nosey.

If you wanted to keep the antichrist connection out, you might have left well enough alone, but NOOOooooo.

Nassim, kudos to you for looking at the big picture.

I can't add much to your post, you have it nailed down. But since it is such an interesting topic, I will add that Antichrist will preach a message of peace, but what he does is just the opposite. And look at his record already. He lied about pulling troops out, in fact he sent more. The SNL parody showed how he lied about everything he said he would do, and that is exactly what antichrist is about, deceit and lies. Now this peace prize is his vehicle to say to the world "I bring peace" when actually he will bring only chaos.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
All I can say is... well yall know what im gonna say. Its pretty funny to me in a depressing way tho. Obamas about to make a few remarks about it in just a little bit, im watchin it live on c-span at the moment, just waiting for him to walk up to the microphones. All i can hear in the background is a bunch of sirens.

Its been an interesting day so far. The moon bombing epic fail and now this. I wonder what else will happen today.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by buni11687]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by buni11687]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:06 AM
link   
Is a Nobel Prize based on Lies and Deceit ........The World should be outraged of the fact that such an important Prize is given like this for no REAL Merit !!!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:07 AM
link   
If everyone will be quiet for a moment I can explain things for everyone.

As a force is weakened and backed into a corner it becomes sloppy and desperate. Politicians, Militaries, Fighters, it happens to the best of them. This Nobel Prize was the same thing. One set of powers desperately threatening the other. This all but confirms that Obama is part of Illuminati set 2, the non depopulation set. This prize was given by set 1. Set 1 understands that Obama has done nothing to warrant such a prize, yet because of this, the prize will act as a "target". They hope to discredit and even bring violence upon Obama and the other constituents of set 2.

Set 1 (aka NWO scary guys) are losing there grip and are starting to do the most ridiculous things as of late. I can not imagine what they have planned for us. Whatever it is, it will be half assed and ineffective. We are in...interesting times, to say the least.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:09 AM
link   
Is this a Friday Funny? LOL, I thought when Gore won the prize, it had become an irrelevant award...now I'm convinced... the award has been rendered completely irrelevant......

The nominations have to be in by February 1st......Only serving 12 days of his presidency at that point, Obama has done nothing before the nomination and nothing since.....I don't have to tell you this, the fix is in. I'm still laughing......

The Nobel Peace Prize is now a symbol of empty promises and no accomplishment....TPTB seem to devalue everything in the wake of this love fest. Perhaps the Nobel Peace Prize commitee is competing with the Darwin Awards .....
Funniest part of what I've been reading...a White House Aide even asked it this was April 1st!!!

Needed the laugh, things have been tough the past couple weeks.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
this is a scam.. obama does NOT deserve this... only 9 months into his presidency, running 2 wars, bombing pakistan with drones, threatening iran, his own country is goin to sj*t right from underneath him.. i believe this to be a racist victory as well. since he is the first black president they are going to make him as "great" as they possibly can... when in reality hes a elitist wall st. puppet... makes me sick.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I'll tell ya, for someone who doesn't want the antichrist theory discussed, you sure have jumped on the bandwagon; 4 posts by you in less than 10 minutes regarding antichrist. hahahahahahahahahaha.

Just goes to show the irony of it all; complaining about people shoving religion down your throat and everytime, EVERYTIME, it is the athiests who zoom in like a fly on you know what and wanna talk talk talk about it. Well, the floor's open dude, go for it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Bombeni

I'm not an atheist, but thanks for generalizing.

I just like a good laugh.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Wow.............I'm utterly shocked. Even though I can't stand this turd of a President I NEVER would have thought he would have won the Nobel!!!!

I really wonder what world I'm living in. I mean the only way I can explain the world right now is surreal. America has killed millions of people in the name of War on Terror and will probably end up sending more troops to Afghanistan inciting more violence and growing the conflict and this lame duck empty suit wins a peace prize? HAHA what's next? Bombing Iran and winning it next year? The world is officially full of morons. Haha no wonder aliens and ETs if they are intelligent don't want to have anything to do with us retarded backwards human beings.

If Obama can so easily dupe the entire world who knows what he's capable of. It's scary!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Thorbjørn Jagland committee leader [email protected]
Message I just sent;
It unbelievable that you would award the Nobel Peace Prize to Obama!
Is there No One that has done anything worthy of what Was such an Honor?
Or have you all lost your collective Minds?
I have lost all respect for this award, it no longer means Anything.

Obama Line Comments: 202-456-1111
tell him to give it Back!

edit to add phone number

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Iseekthetruth!!!!!!!!]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 10:16 AM
link   
This is bad for everyone:

www.thedailybeast.com...:mainpromo1

The president has done nothing to deserve the peace prize. Peter Beinart on why the award only aids the right’s arguments that Obamamania bears no relation to reality.

George W. Bush launched a “preemptive” war. Now the Nobel Committee is trying for “preemptive” peace. I had always thought the way these things worked was that you helped bring peace or democracy to some corner of the globe first, and then you won the Nobel Prize. But this year, the Nobel Committee has turned that logic around: It clearly likes what Obama is trying to do: on nuclear disarmament, climate change and Middle East peace—and so, in a “preemptive” strike, it’s giving him the award now, in hopes that doing so will boost his chances of success later. It’s an interesting idea. Perhaps next they’ll start giving Oscars not to the people who have made the best movies of last year, but to the people who have the best chance of making the best movies next year. After all, once you’ve already made the movie, you no longer need the encouragement.

Perhaps next they’ll start giving Oscars not to the people who have made the best movies of last year, but to the people who have the best chance of making the best movies next year.

I like Barack Obama as much as the next liberal, but this is a farce. He’s done nothing to deserve the prize. Sure, he’s given some lovely speeches and launched some initiatives—on Iran, Israeli-Palestinian peace, climate change and nuclear disarmament—that might, if he’s really lucky and really good, make the world a more safe, more just, more peaceful world. But there’s absolutely no way to know if he’ll succeed, and by giving him the Nobel Prize as a kind of “atta boy,” the Nobel Committee is actually just highlighting the gap that conservatives have long highlighted: between Obamamania as global hype and Obama’s actual accomplishments.

But Obama will survive this award. The damage to the Nobel Committee itself will be greater. They’ve clearly fallen in love with celebrity, and with the idea of shaping the course of history—in other words, they’ve fallen in love with an absurdly grandiose conception of their role. The Nobel Prize Committee should be in the business of conferring celebrity on unknown human-rights and peace activists toiling in the most god-forsaken parts of the world; the people who really need the attention (and even the money). It should be in the business of angering powerful tyrants by giving their victims a moment in the sun. Choosing Barack Obama, who practically orbits the sun already, accomplishes the exact opposite of that. Let’s hope Obama eventually deserves this award. And let’s hope the Nobel Committee’s decision meets with such a deafening chorus of chortles and jeers that it never does something this stupid again.

[edit on 9/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join