It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

President Obama has won the 2009 Nobel Peace Prize

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:46 AM
link   
Perhaps this is a *snip* by the Nobel people.

Now that he's won the Peace Prize, he MUST end the 2 wars and he MUST not help Israel in their shenanigans regarding Iran (though personally I'm for not having more nuclear powers).

That or he does none of that and is shamed by his win... don't assume it's out of love for the man... it may be a forceful reminder of his campaign pledges. The WORLD after all were the main ones pushing for him.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by redhatty
IIRC, Obama's first international act after taking office was to BOMB Pakistani people & kill innocent civilians in the process.

Hell of a job Nobel committee

If I remember correctly, it was within the first 24 hours.. was it not? It was in the first few days, I know that much.

How sad.

link   
So what's a Nobel peace prize

In todays terms. you start war and make a G.L warming awareness campaign and bam you get a nobel peace prize. Apart from this been laughing stock. How does sending 17,000 troops to die in Afghanistan automatically give the puppet president a nobel?

Not to mention the fact the real reason they are in Afghanistan is because they are taking the vast ancient technology that existed there long before the civilizations of the known world

LOL this is funny. I enjoy the elites reacting
I just wanted to leave a comment. Checkmate.

link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:48 AM
link   
There's so many ridiculous people on here.

When George Bush was President people were calling him the antichrist and claiming he would start WW3.

Now they are trying to pin that on Obama.

Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for opening up lines of communication with our enemies.. it's called diplomacy. He's created an atmosphere where people don't shoot first and ask questions later (BUSH and Iraq)... and people actually think about compromising.. (U.S and Russia over European missile defense system).

Obama has given billions of people around there world hope and you can say the American people have also done that by electing a man the exact opposite of Bush who destroyed our image around the world... so in a sense you can say the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the American people also.

Stop trying to demonize and discredit everything and actually have an open mind.

link   

Originally posted by itstheendoftheworldaswekn
It turns out that the real reason they gave it to Bama was Kayne West was in town and they were afraid of another 'incident' similar to what happened at the MTV awards.

You mean something like this...

"Yo Barry, Imma let you finish - but Martin Luther King Jr. was the greatest Nobel Peace Prize recipient of all time!"

Okay, that's not funny, I know.

On Topic...

[edit on 9/10/2009 by kosmicjack]

link   

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
I just heard about it. Wow. If you ever needed any more evidence that the Nobel Peace Prize was a total, utter and complete joke, this is it. With his role in an escalating conflict in Afghanistan, an ongoing war in Iraq and the destabilizing effects of his gigantic deficit spending, I can't see any justification for this. Quite the opposite, actually.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:49 AM
link   
This was a wise decision of the committee to forestall the assumed US
intentions to attack Iran.
Maybe a number of clever Iranians have proposed Mr. Obama as nominee
for the prize.

Israel might like it the least. The hopes for an ally now shattered ?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:51 AM
link   
This is unbelievable, maybe Obama is the freaking anti-christ.

Most of the rest of the world likes Obama, even if he is expanding war.

Seems like the Nobel Peace Prize has become a joke.

Maybe if he nukes the Iranian nuke plants, he can win again next year.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:52 AM
link   
Amazingly, I'm not a conspiracy theorist...but I kind of have to say something doesn't quite smell right here.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:53 AM
link   
nobelprizes.com...

Lets See......Al Gore

Kofi Annan

Yasser Arafat and Shimon Peres!

Desmond Tutu

Henry Kissinger!

1972 = NOBODY! Their best choice yet!

So these people are in the same category as the Dalai Lama and Mother Teresa and MLK Jr? I didn't see Gandhi in there anywhere! Gorbachev was there, but no Reagan? One could not have succeeded without the other! But then I do see Jimmy Carter for his efforts in travelling the world and apologizing for being American. OHHHHHH, I get it, you have to be ruling UN elite, or UN puppet spouting Anti-American rhetoric. Phew, I feel better now, at least they do have a system in place. I bet the Dixie Chicks were on a ballot somewhere too!

link   

Originally posted by InDaZone

When George Bush was President people were calling him the antichrist and claiming he would start WW3.

Now they are trying to pin that on Obama.

Obama was awarded the Nobel Peace Prize for opening up lines of communication with our enemies.. it's called diplomacy. He's created an atmosphere where people don't shoot first and ask questions later (BUSH and Iraq)... and people actually think about compromising.. (U.S and Russia over European missile defense system).

Obama has given billions of people around there world hope and you can say the American people have also done that by electing a man the exact opposite of Bush who destroyed our image around the world... so in a sense you can say the Nobel Peace Prize was awarded to the American people also.

Stop trying to demonize and discredit everything and actually have an open mind.

*snip*

Who are the enemies?

The American elites are so hellbent on making enemies on this planet, but when it comes to an alien invasion (if) Do you really think America should be asking for other nations to side with it. Obviously not. Stop looking around you and look at yourself in the mirror. Your bedroom needs to be tidied. So don't you worry what goes on out there. And don't you be assumming the TPTB are after the "enemy". That is a distraction to the real ulterior motive. ATS is still brainwashed as ever, as we can see here.

Apparently some people are forgetting that we are actually called one species. We are all human being's. But the elites like to use divide and control and brainwash people like you into thinking "there are terrorists" oh there is the "enemy" oh there is the " bad guy" and this separation then leads to staged conflicts. TPTB on the top of the pyramid are the ones who create all the terrorism and divison, we are the pawns who fight each other.

We are all so cot up in it. If we are not fighting about it, we all like to pass judgments. And in the end most people fall for it because they are so cot up in the divide and control. People judge others because they cannot be the judge or errors in themselves.

I would seriously back off from this topic until you know the full ins and outs to it.

War is war. You don't get a peace prize for starting a war campaign.

*snip*

Mod Edit: Courtesy Is Mandatory – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 10/9/2009 by JacKatMtn]

link   
Well he did win the election without mud slinging like the rest so it was a pretty peaceful win when he showed the status quo that they weren't worthy. I don't remember a campaign that didn't mud sling and try to destroy the opponents just to try and make themselves look better.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
Haha.....to add to my post from earlier. Ten minutes after the news broke on him winning the prize., GMA did a bit on the escalation of the Afghanistan war featuring the Chief, and his sending of more troops. talk about your ironies. I'm in agreement. This is truly a whacky Friday.

Opening lines of communication should not be the criteria for "earning" the prize. Those lines of communication were open anyway and always available and always used.

I smell a media/smoke csreen.

PG

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:57 AM
link   
reply to post by InDaZone

Impossible, there is a major smear and hate campaign in full force around the country making sure that absolutely every single thing this president does is looked at as a bad thing.

These people don't actually think for themselves, they are too busy hating a man for being (insert whatever bs reason here)

He could become the greatest president in the history of the United States and it won't matter to these people one bit because they believe that he is evil.

I have stopped trying to change peoples minds on here, it's not worth it. I will still however post how I feel.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by InDaZone

Oh we know

Hope is that bull# buzzword.

I want a better day tomrrrow but sit around today waiting for it. Talk about been anal.

So if I start a war, can I get a peace prize?

Sometimes I wonder what planet am I living on. My conclusion is this, the elites are so desparate they doing almost anything outragous to get a reaction. This is it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

But your still not aware.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Mind1universe

Exactly what war has Obama started? Can you be specific? I mean this is news to me. I don't recall any war that this president has started. I know of two the last president started, but none that this one has. Can you enlighten us about this hidden war and how Obama started it?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Skyfloating
Also, winning the prize is not only about what you DO but about what you ARE, what you represent.

Exactly my friend! - The NWO!

Look at last year! they did the exact same thing to boost their aganda when they gave the Peace Prize to AL GORE and the people behind him with the "GREEN" economy & agenda - just ask David de Rothschild.

They are now giving the Prize to themselves once again for ushering in their agenda for further implementations and political reasons - thy, the time is NOW and it's happening around us all over the world - this Peace Prize, Green Economy, Lisbon Treaty etc!

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join