It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar bombing - Nasa TV live feed

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:03 AM
link   
Obama's Nobel Medal is bigger than the crater on the moon! :-)

Lets hope there are some interesting photos?

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:04 AM
link   
Wow...what a waste of time!

Best part of the coverage was the guy trying to give a high 5 and getting totally ignored! He tried to play it off too. I know he was thinking:

"WTH...dude left me hanging!"

One of the guys giving color commentary at the round table, after the non-event, said that he had no idea what he'd just saw.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by mblahnikluver
Yes but they said they were going to show it live. Right when it was to impact they go to the guy in the red shirt. So they didnt even show it like they said they would. I was not expecting so see anything big like Hollywood.

I could be wrong, and will have to wait to confirm, but as I mentioned previously, I believe there was a disturbance SSW, actually I need to correct that to SWW of the image centre, unfortunately as the follow up probe got closer the disturbed area moved off the bottom of the screen.

As I don't know the altitude of the follow up craft it is hard to discern scale and whether what I saw was the actual impact.

Our biggest problem is we don't actually know what we should be looking out for, that includes myself.

As for the quality of the images, due to our limited abilities to transmit live feed from the moon we have to make do with sub youtube quality webcam type feed.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:05 AM
link   
Just watched the "impact" they switched back and forth between infra red and back to normal footage then there was a white out and the cnn presenter said oh what happened there then they showed a shot of NASA people sitting watching their monitors we didn't see what they were looking at I didn't see a dust plume then there was a lot of hands being shaken and they started packing up quickly and you are left wondering "what the hell just happened there" I wasn't expecting a mushroom cloud but I expected to see more than they let me ,just have to wait and see the pics from all the other unofficial telescopes that were watching

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I saw a crater in the top left of the screen flashing a few times while the view was in the infrared.

Multiple flashes encompassing the whole crater...

Multiple!!!

Can you say NASA Glitches?

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
In case you want to see it again

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:07 AM
link   
NASA really missed an opportunity here.

They could have Geraldo Rivera narrate this anti-climatic live feed.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
Well, wow-wee that broadcast was a waste of time, couldn't even see the greys runnin for cover

All it really showed was just the same as their LCROSS Impact Animation movies dated 10.06.09
Hope they can provide something better than this after compiling all its data together.
I say
for this show.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:09 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

I knew I wasn't seeing things. RIGHT AT IMPACT they switched to that CG diagram thing, and then the guys clapping! That's right. I remember saying out loud, "Why this again? Why right now!"

I am NOT one to call a conspiracy on everything, but man. This looks shady. I'm sorry.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4thetruth

Originally posted by elfie
reply to post by searching4thetruth

I saw a cursor pointing out the crater...no fly though!

That could have been what I saw.

When I first saw it I thought omg, it's going to land on something in the crater!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by Exuberant1

I'm definately jealous, ex! You must've seen footage that the rest of us were unable to see, as it appears you're the only one who saw anything thus far. Did you record it by chance? I'd love to see what you're describing as I saw next to nothing.

Strype

Hehe.

I shall post the multiple flashes from the crater at the top left and also a video in which they can be seen - Here are three of the flashes :

No flash:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6b54c76133d7.jpg[/atsimg]

Flash!:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3234b0285228.jpg[/atsimg]

No flash:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fbfeffd25871.jpg[/atsimg]

Flash again!:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/24d8a123e2c3.jpg[/atsimg]

No flash:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f0a2410ad04c.jpg[/atsimg]

Flash Again!:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/14b843b992a2.jpg[/atsimg]

The anomalous flashes occur at the very start - look at the top left:

**After the flashes start, the view switches to the moon in non-infrared where they can no longer be seen!

These images are cropped form a larger one, that is why the flashes from the top-left now appear in the center of the cropped images. Here is where they are from on the larger image (and where the flashes can be spotted in the video):

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/bc6790972908.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Shame, it truly was dissapointing given all the hype that surrounded this mission. But judging from the looks on the faces of the nasa staff and commentators I think every one expected to see more than we did. Fingers crossed more data will be released shortly.
In the meantime here is a youtube video equally as exciting as nasa coverage.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

**After the flashes start, the view switches to the moon in non-infrared where they can no longer be seen!

Nice find! That does look very strange.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by HrdCorHillbilly]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Koka

I am just in tears of laughter reading some of these responses, superb, made my day, thank you guys!!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Yahoo news is calling NASA out with them not showing live pictures as promised

Yahoo

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The question I got is who or what is that staring out of the bottom of the crater?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/1e522da00fde5b4e.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by ocker
In case you want to see it again

looks like there was no impact at all;

and the guy in the blue shirt packing up afterwards looked really pissed off about something;
told the guy in the red shirt trying to give him a high 5 about something;
then guy in the red shirt told the guy next to him something; and they both look at the screen like WTF?!?!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Hahaha!!!!! The high 5 dis was the best!!!

"I ain't high fiving you. Who do you think you are talking to junior?"

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

All of the main news sites said it was a bomb and bye bye to the moon. Complete oblivious citizens of our society! There should be a supervisor correcting that type of reporting. Space is over looked now a days and it's so sad. People only care about Jon and Kate Plus 8.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 07:29 AM
link   
There are more flashes in the infrared footage. Check the video around the 3:57 mark. Another one of those dark red spots is flashing.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join