It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Lunar bombing - Nasa TV live feed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That was worth the wait

Now they'll have to edit the footage, add some effects and say "Look what the other cameras caught, amazing footage"

Maybe it was abducted by aliens?

Or sucked into a black hole?

A black hole on the moon.... THAT'S why we haven't been back...

[edit on 9/10/09 by blupblup]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by elfie

I heard that too. They are down linking from where? Everything was destroyed on impact. I guess they have all the data already and mean to deseminate it and release what they see fit.

link   
reply to post by Strype

Yawwwn did I miss something.

link   
I was watching too and didn't see jack.

It looks like it was successful, but we'll have to wait for some decent images.

Let's just hope the aliens don't retaliate.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Yeah, not too spectacular yet. Now they're talking of a few more hours before they get more image data. Time to go back to sleep - I'm tired of waiting to see more live video.

Then again I bet there's better pictures at some astronomy sites than what were getting from NASA TV.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by verylowfrequency]

link   
Just watched the impact and it looked to me the impact was to the lower left of centre, SSW of the image centre, this was the only area I could see any variation in the the live image.

Obviously it's hard to tell based on the fact there was no altitude data on the live feed supplied by NASA, but if the the follow up craft was on a course as shown on the live feed it didn't appear to be heading toward the point of impact.

Once again, it was hard to discern scale, but the plume would have to be pretty big in order that the follow up craft could get accurate readings.

Hopefully there will be some images available shortly so we can discuss further.

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Koka]

link   

Originally posted by Exuberant1

I predict that people will say it sucked.

Check out my amazing prediction!

None of you will ever doubt me again.
*Roar*

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

link   
Well .. that was all foreplay with no happy ending!

Meh!

IRM

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by who-me?
reply to post by elfie

I heard that too. They are down linking from where? Everything was destroyed on impact. I guess they have all the data already and mean to deseminate it and release what they see fit.

The LCROSS craft that flew through the plume. It had the instruments and cameras on board to take the measurements and film it.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:46 AM
link   
When one of their own commentators upon being asked to comment on what we all just saw says "well I'm not sure what we just saw" "perhaps the RF gain was set too high" it makes one wonder why we couldn't actually see the moon much more detailed as the craft approached.

Always something not quite right and suspect about what they let us see.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   
Damn. I stayed up way past my bedtime to see nothing. Hopefully what follows will be more worth it. Time to go to sleep.

DAMN!

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
...Either they messed something up, or this wasn't nearly as impressive as they expected it to be.

...maybe there just covering something up.

I'm very disappointed. What a waste of time.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ocker

You mean you weren't watching?! Unfortunately you missed NASA failing to explain why the event was far less exciting then the hype they created... again!

Strype

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:49 AM
link   
I hope the hubble or something got some better images. Also if nothing else this constitutes a second line, did anyone notice Gandalf works for nasa, hes in the control room now.

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by Strype
reply to post by ocker

You mean you weren't watching?! Unfortunately you missed NASA failing to explain why the event was far less exciting then the hype they created... again!

This was exciting for me.

I saw a crater in the top left of the screen flashing a few times while the view was in the infrared.

Multiple flashes encompassing the whole crater...

Multiple!!!

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Exuberant1]

link   
WTH was that?! I was up at 6am to watch the coverage and then I see NOTHING resembling an impact. All I saw was some fat guy in a red shirt say it impacted. Why didnt they show it like they said they would? Oh wait it's NASA why would I ever believe they do what they say......

link   
reply to post by who-me?

Yeah I saw that.

Interesting character.

link   
Just got up. It's 7:45 EST. What'd I miss? We blow up the moon or what?

~ second line

link   
I think people have to remember that they are not watching a hollywood blockbuster and should not expect a 24fps HD image...

Be patient and wait a couple of hours for the imagery to be released.

The flashes you saw were that of a "Grey" taking photos of what he believes to be a UFO, he'll be posting images on the Moon's equivalent to ATS, but he'll be debunked before he's finished posting his second response.....

[edit on 9-10-2009 by Koka]

posted on Oct, 9 2009 @ 06:51 AM
link   
I thought it was all pretty anticlimatic.

I figured from NASA's animations it would be more spectacular.

I could've slept in for all that.

Hope it was all worthwhile.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join