It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

POLITICIZING KIDS AGAIN: Kids on CNN singing for Obama Health care

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:07 PM
link   
Looks like parents, politicians, media and teachers are not done politicizing kids for their beliefs. This is wrong no matter if its Republicans or Democrats doing it.

Source

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by johnny2127

That's pretty sick.

But it's just like George Carlin said..

Politicians always fall back on three things: Children, the bible, and the flag.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

I just wish people would leave kids out of politics. If you want to educate your kids about whatever your beliefs are, thats fine. But leave them out of political debates and protests. It is so wrong to politicize kids and make them the focus of a political debate.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Don't you get it, it's not about the Kid's singing about obamacare or even politicizing them, its about using them as a tool to get to their parents and implant the thought, oh that was a pleasant song, let me forget whats in the bill and be PR-OBAMA, i think they have not thought about repercussions though because most citizens get pissed when we see shananigans such as these

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 07:58 PM
link   

Yup. I think it's sick to use kids to further a political point.

I've been used like that to when I was young. My school made us go out and have this big march through the downtown here protesting kids on drugs, after our heads had been filled with propaganda by a group of police officers that weren't even fit to carry their sidearms anymore.

The same guy that taught us to stay off drugs to my 5th grade class for society later cheered me on in highschool when I punched a high strung native american kid after he accused me of racism and started a fight.

It's a bit off topic, but Im sure some people will enjoy that story.

But people should not use their kids like that, I know I won't. But people like to tug the heart strings.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Well being forced to march in a parade may be wrong. But being taught not to drugs and why is very supportable. Hence why I consider your post to be sarcasm.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:06 PM
link   
When I see stuff like this, I can't help but draw the conclusion that things are way past the point of no return for this country.

The principles of limited government survive in no meaningful way.

This nation is toast.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Not sarcasm.

A lot of bad drugs out there.. No lie there. But in general they gladly will lie about drugs to paint a picture that suits the agenda of the war on drugs. Im not going to get deep into it, so that I don't derail the thread.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Ugh ... that made me puke in my mouth a little. Ntm the flashbacks to bad Brady Bunch episodes.

Next can we have an interpretive dance number based on the Afghan war performed by 4 year olds?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Miraj

Oh ok, I see what you mean. Politicization and indoctrination of kids is never ok.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 08:17 PM
link   
That was weird and unsettling.

Reminds me of...

"One...two...Freddy's coming for you.

Three...four...better lock your door.

Five...six...grab your crucifix.

Seven....eight...better stay up late.

Nine...ten...never sleep again."

None of this is surprising though....everyone is indoctrinated...adults and kids in this country.

What do you think the MEDIA is? It's certainly not news....not anymore.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by David9176]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:01 PM
link   
I could not watch the whole thing.

I am not a fan of the song the use the music of to begin with (it gets on my nerves). But the fact that they are using kids in this manner. I am sick of the government trying to get a hold on our kids.

I think a few of those kids might understand the basics of the whole health care thing but for the most part I doubt any of them understand the big picture. I really doubt Obama himself understands the big picture.

I am not the average Obama hater; in fact I do not hate the guy. I really think he wants what is best for the country but does not know how to get the best for the country. I think the paths he is choosing is wrong. There is no quick fix for this or any of it. It is going to take a lot of work from everyone. The stinking congress people we have do not even read the bills they sign, they should all be charged with treason for signing anything they cannot explain clearly. It might take longer for things to go through but at least they would have a clue as to what they were doing to the country.

It is sick to see them go after the kids. The republicans and democrats should all be removed from office. There needs to be a big cleaning of house in D.C. I wish people would understand there are choices and if you are not offered a choice you like you demand another choice. We the people are those who are in charge after all.

Raist

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
We are judged by our works and to teach children inequalities by social welfare is a crime against the people. By works we are judged and by works good men will profit. Social health care is an inequality which is not mathematically sound. Let me reiterate this inequality in terms which may seem much clearer. To teach the 14th amendment equal protection amendment to children in school while having them sing songs about social health care is a sick contradiction. How is it, people who are tax exempt or do not pay into a tax base worthy of the same rights as the people who agreed upon the sacrifice of making a tax payment to the government. Is this equal in the eyes of teachers and the people of CNN? Equal protection under the law means we all are the same, meaning we all pay into the same tax base. We would say it is only fair to equally share our chosen expression among those we purport to be equal too. This lesson is not being strictly enforced in schools and children are being lied to by cultist who seek to demoralize the existing institution starting with the most gullible of citizens. I say we call Sheriff Joe to write this arrest warrant for “Violation of Rights Under Color of Law” naming all participants who blatantly lied to those children and failed to show true equality in relation to all existing humans. We are all accountable to works, God forbid anyone gets caught up in no works at all because they where lied to as children, such a crime is too heinous to go unnoticed.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
yeah...my GOD!!! they are singing about having a choice for their healthcare!!!! maybe...maybe ...their folks and themselves don't have heathcare coverage...hey i got a song!!

if you can't pay for the operation...die, die, die.
if your ins company drops you and your scheduled for surgery...die, die, die.
if you have cancer and are homeless...die, die, die.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:37 PM
link   
That was disgusting.

Not the kids themselves...but whoever actually planning it.

Very sick.

You know what is wrong with this country? It is not the fact that freedom of speech has been restricted. It is the fact that when the media plays something, EVEN IF ALL OF SOCIETY DISAGREES WITH IT, it makes us think that OTHER people are for such issues.

Now, there are people for health care reform, but I am talking about anything. As long as the media plays it, we "think" the majority believes in whatever topic, so when it is passed it does not surprise us. No matter how many of us are against it.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam
When I see stuff like this, I can't help but draw the conclusion that things are way past the point of no return for this country.

The principles of limited government survive in no meaningful way.

This nation is toast.

Sadly, I think you are right.

This is disturbing. Obama's Youth! Heil Obama! Der Leader...

Bush, Clinton, Reagan, Carter.....et al....so far we have to go back to find a President that wasn't owned by a corporation.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

check it out ... to put more spin on it ... all the kids are black ... and yo check out the kid just left from the middle ... next MJ dude hes got some moves those kids cant compare to that kid ... i dunno ... its sick and perverted that kids are being used to promote politics but man can that kid dance

back to the issue though ... Look at the facts people ... "Universal Health care" Is a sham ... they are burning the wick at both ends economically. Im so sure that those kids "Understand" what wrong they are being done ... being forced to show off for a cause that will land them into a lifetime of debt and slave wages... man i wish i could educate 1 of those kids... from there i would consider my life worthwhile

[edit on 7-10-2009 by conspiracyrus]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Should you really be surprised that politics has crept into the schools? You very openly allow religion in schools, so this seems like an inevitability.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:36 AM
link   
reply to post by jimmyx

How much do you think these kids understand about healthcare?

If they do not know much about it they should not be indoctrinated with politics. Half the adults in the country do not fully understand the issue. Most of our congress does not either because they do not read the bills they sign.

How is a broke country going to pay for healthcare for everyone without raising taxes that are supposedly not going to be raised?

Unless congress starts crapping money it just is not going to happen. They refuse to cut spending in wasteful areas yet people expect them to good job managing costs of medical care.

I am not against everyone having healthcare but I am against rushing into something that is not fully thought through. Leave the kids out of this since they are not going to help answer the questions since they do not understand the full issue.

Where is this magic money going to come from?

Raist

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Raist

Exactly. I would say not even half of Congress understands health care. And you are right, we can't afford to spend at current levels, much less constantly adding programs, agencies and entitlements. The US govt is out of control. But that is what I would expect when the fringe left takes over. This isn't even Clinton Democrats. This govt is much further left than that.....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join