It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS strips Arizona sheriff of authority to patrol for illegal immigrants

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Muundoggie
To ALL posters of this thread that believe Joe is in the wrong...
Send me your addresses in a u2u and I will send some people over to your place to live with you since you don't mind having them. Be sure you feed them, buy their heath insurance and give them free money. Be sure to take out adoption papers so they can become part of your family. I'll make sure to send a variety of ethnicities so I won't be accused of racial profiling.
THANK YOU

[edit on 8-10-2009 by Muundoggie]

You can send 3 or 4 hot Latinas my way. I'll tell my wife she's finally getting some live-in help.
(Oh, just noticed the variety thing - make that 2 hot Latinas, One hot E European [Romanian or Yugoslavian, please] and throw in a hot Peruvian just for variety).

I'm not a big fan of Sheriff Joe but I'll support anyone who steps up and actually does something about the illegal alien hordes. I don't care if he grinds kittens for popcorn seasoning, just keep up the deportation sweeps.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by ecoparity]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 01:38 AM
link   
I have recently moved back east from Arizona. I lived In the Mesa area for just over a year, and I can tell you, Sheriff Joe Arpaio is a disgusting individual. He MOST CERTAINLY DOES racially profile. He and his crew (and yes, he does have a special group of officers for his "raids") would patrol neighborhoods (not in patrol cars, but in large vans and SUVs) that were predominantly Hispanic and not just stop "suspicious drivers", but also individuals walking down the street.

I met several people during my time in Arizona who they themselves, or relatives of theirs, had been stopped walking down the street, and because they did not have identification on them, were taken into "holding" - Based only on the color of their skin (These were all second generation Americans - fluent English speakers, with American accents ). They were kept in "holding" sometimes up to 20 hours.

But Frankly, the main criticism Sheriff Joe receives from the residents of Arizona (and others in Law Enforcement) is that, while he is out there fighting his own little crusade, he is not pursuing the real crimes, and the real criminals. It's a misuse of tax money.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:20 AM
link   
reply to post by the_space_monkey

Exactly what I was saying, thank you for putting it so well. But careful on this board. If you speak your mind and have an opinion that is different from the mobs you might get flamed hard.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 04:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
This guy is an appointed redneck vigilante as far as I see it!

surely that is "racial profiling"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 07:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Yes but that is the Supreme court no the Federal government as the Supreme court also can go over the Federal Government, congress and the president itself.

But as history tells they will always side with the interpretation of the constitution.

And when circuit courts can not deal or come to agreements with the law.

In the case of the Arizona sheriff he still under the state jurisdiction while the Federal Governmetn does their probe and that is what is going on right now he has not been fired yet for what I read on the article.

[edit on 8-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Let us not forget that sheriff Joe is elected by the people.

If the people think he is doing the job correctly he should not be removed. I mean he has been elected how many times now? Surely the people would tire of him if he were truly being criminal.

Maybe it should be put to a vote if he stays or goes.

Our federal government cannot seem to catch illegals I am happy to see someone else can. His methods seem to be a bit old west style but they seem to be working better than the way the feds do it.

Raist

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 08:56 AM
link   
I have an idea . . .

We all know that illegal immigrants "do the jobs no one else wants to do," right?

What are these jobs? Day Labor, mostly. Manual Labor. Working the fields, landscaping, construction, etc.

So the Sheriff can use this commonly touted line as prima face evidence. Go to where the day laborers gather in the morning, and check them all. If you see someone doing manual labor, that demands a check, because the evidence says that they are more than likely an illegal immigrant.

No racial profiling there! Just the facts, right?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh?

Actually that is racial profiling by definition.
Sorry to disappoint.

Case in point, Labor Ready does not hire undocumented workers. They are day laborers.

I worked this job for a while. (It's not fun, don't do it)

So, what you are saying is send cops out to harass people who already are feeling pretty crappy about their situation? Because they are for some reason forced to work day labor, they must be illegal aliens and so we should send out squad cars to pat up people who are just trying to make about $35.00 a day?

Take me for an example, I am an American, born here, raised here, but according to you, I should have been shoved up against a wall and forced to produce ID on the probable cause that because I worked at a day labor place, I must therefore be an illegal alien.

Is this America or is this Nazi Germany?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatukno

Sorry to disappoint.

Case in point, Labor Ready does not hire undocumented workers. They are day laborers.

So, what you are saying is send cops out to harass people who already are feeling pretty crappy about their situation? Because they are for some reason forced to work day labor, they must be illegal aliens and so we should send out squad cars to pat up people who are just trying to make about $35.00 a day?

Take me for an example, I am an American, born here, raised here, but according to you, I should have been shoved up against a wall and forced to produce ID on the probable cause that because I worked at a day labor place, I must therefore be an illegal alien.

I am for smaller government/state, not "no" government/state, and one of the reduced areas the government should be involved in is securing and defending borders, specifically immigrants, anyone in a country illegally should be removed swiftly- if that means IDin "areas"/occupations which have greater propensity to include such people then so be it, if I am a citizen, I wouldnt mind bringing my ID in such instances as it would help to stop such an abundance of cheap labour and force the employer to pay a better wage

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Reply to post by Erasurehead

Wow I want sherriff Joe here in FL! I'm sorry but if u are here illegally you need to go or do the proper paper work to be here legally! I see lots of illegals here in FL where I live and it's annoying. They take jobs that others here should get. My friends brother lost his job as a lawn service guy to two illegals because they took cash and less than what the others took. It's BS! If you want to live here you have to do it the right way, what is so hard about getting the right papers?!? I can't just go live in France like I want to, they'd throw me out! No I'm doing the proper paper work so I am able to live there for a year and hopefully longer. The govt nerds to do their job and stay out of things they have no right to be involved in.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:35 AM
link   

To ALL posters of this thread that believe Joe is in the wrong...
Send me your addresses in a u2u and I will send some people over to your place to live with you since you don't mind having them.

America is your country of birth, it is NOT your home
This land does NOT belong to white caucasians i'm sorry
In fact if you really believe in a country is like a home then you should really return to Europe.

No, then V2V me your home address so I can send people of other ethnicities there, and those people can have kids and be born in your house, and you can't throw those kids out either because.... well there were born and bread in your house..... right?

Be sure you feed them, buy their heath insurance and give them free money.

Blame your govt. and neocons for supporting a welfare state, not the recipients.

Be sure to take out adoption papers so they can become part of your family. I'll make sure to send a variety of ethnicities so I won't be accused of racial profiling.
THANK YOU

Your Welcome

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:38 AM
link   

reply to post by Lemon.Fresh?

Sorry to disappoint.

How is it racially profiling?

No one is being singled out because of race.

And I thought illegal's only do the jobs Americans do not want?

Wasn't that the excuse?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 09:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

How is it racially profiling?

I have an idea . . .

We all know that illegal immigrants "do the jobs no one else wants to do," right?

No one is being singled out because of race.

What are these jobs? Day Labor, mostly. Manual Labor. Working the fields, landscaping, construction, etc.

So the Sheriff can use this commonly touted line as prima face evidence. Go to where the day laborers gather in the morning, and check them all. If you see someone doing manual labor, that demands a check, because the evidence says that they are more than likely an illegal immigrant.

No racial profiling there! Just the facts, right?

need I say more?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

"racial profiling" is bs, why is it more offensive than "sex" or "age" profiling

The illegals help to keep wages down, Id happily bring ID if I was working on such a job, and I HATE big govt

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:00 AM
link   

. . .

need I say more?

Please, say more, because it is not singling out by race.

Illegal Immigrant is not a race

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Very very poor

was that even an argument?

I don't think you read any post in this thread properly that opposed your own views. It seems you only skimmed the thread or read what you wanted to read.

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

Very very poor

was that even an argument?

I don't think you read any post in this thread properly that opposed your own views. It seems you only skimmed the thread or read what you wanted to read.

So please tell me how raiding day labor areas is racial profiling?

And what is your solution to the problem?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:12 AM
link   
check this

If a rape is reported to the police

should the police pursue men AND women in the interests of avoiding "SEXUAL PROFILING"

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Lemon.Fresh

Oh please, don't give me that crap.

It is singling people out by race. How are you supposed to tell if they are an illegal immigrant just because they are working a day labor job, as you put it they do the jobs that no American would want right? So therefore every person by your standard that works a day labor job must be an illegal immigrant.

Let us suppose for a moment that we are talking about south of the border illegal immigrants. Which is what you were implying. They must be illegal because they do day labor.

We have two people sitting in the day labor office waiting to go out on a ticket. Me and Juan. Juan is a legal immigrant from El Salvador, I am an American citizen. Which do you suppose the police are going to check first?

What you said denotes racial profiling. Its plain as day, don't deny it. you got caught with your hand in the racist jar, just own up to your misconceptions about low level labor and illegal immigration.

You supposed that only illegal immigrants work day labor, I showed you differently, which shows the apparent racism in your comment. Because we are all talking about people from Mexico and south when we talk about illegal immigration it's inherently racist.

You don't hear anyone talk about illegal immigrants coming down from Canada do you? Why? Cause not many Americans could spot a Canadian. Pretty easy to spot a Mexican isn't it? And there isn't a whole lot of Canadians flooding over the northern border. You know with our excellent health care system and all.

What are you supposing? That German immigrants flood the docks in New York and somehow manage to infiltrate past customs? Just to arrive here after all that work and work picking vegetables? I'm sure there are ton's of Chaldeans walking from Iraq over the land bridge into south east Michigan just to work the potato fields.

Give me a break, your talking about Mexicans, that is what you have in your mind when you talk about illegal immigrants. Mexicans. You think that it would be easy for the police to just stroll down to the local day labor place and haul every Mexican he sees up against a wall and demand papers from him.

Don't give me, I'm not a racist cause I didn't say specifically what race I am targeting crap. It's the intent you were implying. What's the chance that a police officer would ask for my ID rather than poor Juan's?

posted on Oct, 8 2009 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

If a bank is robbed, and the call goes out for a red pick up truck, I am sure many red pick up trucks are going to be pulled over that day on felony traffic stops. I am also sure that they will not all be bank robbers . . .

get where I am going here?

--The evidence shows that the truck was red/the evidence shows that illegal immigrants work day labor.

--Bank robbers are not the only ones driving red pick up trucks/illegals are not the only ones working at day labor

--Police pull over and investigate red pickups to try and catch the criminal/police go to day labor and investigate to catch criminals.

Pretty simple really.

Edit: And now I am racist.
lol I grew up being one of five white kids in my school. There was two blacks, and the rest were hispanic. I am the farthest thing from racist, my friend. But I have seen how illegal immigrants impact society first hand. Spare me the accusations and rhetoric.

And I will also add that not all illegals are Mexican.

Edit x2: If you do not like my proposal, why not tell me how you would fix the problem . .

[edit on 10/8/2009 by Lemon.Fresh]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join