It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS strips Arizona sheriff of authority to patrol for illegal immigrants

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:01 PM
link   
actually when i was living in az, i remember reading reports of him arresting and harrassing the people who ran against him for sheriff. Further i recall him arresting and harassing the newspaper that printed articles about his many human rights violations as well. He has committed violations against his inmates, several of which died while under his care due to practices for restraint that are illegal in other states among other things. He is a thug and a criminal, and his department pays massive amounts each year in lawsuits to those he abuses.

He abuses his power and abuses those under his power.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:07 PM
link   
WOW! I can't believe there are a couple of people that think being an "illegal" alien is not a crime in and of itself! The term "illegal" must be ambigous in some way?

Secondly, "Racial" profiling is effective. That is why they use it. So are quick descriptions like tall black man. With 3 words you have eliminated 75% of the possible suspects! Checking white people for immigration status would be counter productive. We don't have a lot of illegal Brits or Finlanders sneaking in! One thing we do have is an abundance of expired student visas, and this is the typical breeding ground for terrorists. Maybe they should have given the sheriff the authority to check the state's Universities instead of pulling his basic duties from him!

Thirdly, the Federal Government does not supersede the sheriff, unless the sheriff is breaking laws or acting outside the constitution!

Fourthly, the immigrants I know would be PROUD to show their documented status! It is not an easy thing to get at this point, and it is something they are proud of, when they do it properly! So, I do not believe that any of the legal immigrants would complain about being asked for proof!

Lastly, Check out the link in my signature. Immigration is the simplest of things that our government could fix!! The immigration process and the bureacracy is the problem, not the people! We actually need the immigrants, many of our commerce centers depend on them, and they are not typically taking jobs that anyone else is vying for. I know that some people are naive to that fact, but trust me, the migrant farm industry, and construction industry, and chicken/turkey meat processing industry are BEGGING for employees! Even with the illegals, they still have positions they cannot fill! Take away their workers, and those industries will fail, or they will raise prices to such a degree that nobody will be buying tomatoes or chicken anymore!!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Aggie Man

Ahem federal funded by tax payer you mean, see if I know a town in my traveling ways is a pain in the neck I find a better way to go around.

Plain and simple, that town or that state will not get a penny from me as a visitor.

If the sheriff is so bad that is what the district attorney for the state is for, the Sheriff can be fired anytime by the people that elected them.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by marg6043]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043

Ahem federal funded by tax payer you mean, see if I know a town in my traveling ways is a pay in the neck I find a better way to go around.

But it's a free country...you (we) shouldn't have to GO AROUND

If the sheriff is so bad that is what the district attorney for the state is for, the Sheriff can be fired anytime by the people that elected them.

Or removed from office by the Federal Government for violation of the rights of the American people he racially (or otherwise) profiles.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:18 PM
link   

No, the federal government can only charge him with an offense and do a probe or investigation into allegations of misconduct as a public person, but it has to be prof of that offense, the mayor and the town concil are the ones with firing power of local public servant in a state, not the federal govenrment.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:19 PM
link   
You who are supporting Arapio are plain ignorant. You are screaming that the Federal governement is taking away his rights? Do you realize who unbelievable corrupt and unconstitutional this horrible man is?

He literally has vans with "officers" whose job is to drive around Phoenix and and harrass people of dark skin.

Lets not forget about the dozens of inmates, many not even convicted of a crime have been murdered by his guards in his prisons.

He has an interegation room where he straps people to a chair for questioning.

The amount of lawsuits settled out of court in AZ is the highest in the country because he abuses people.

He had denied inmates medical care which has lead to inmate deaths, again some who haven't even been to trial yet.

He demanded the name of every email subscriber of the new times magazine because he didn't like what the magazine said about him. (They claimed he embezelled money from the state for a shady land deal and they printed the address of his properties) He then claimed there was an assasination attempt on him which he latter retracted as justification for the subscribers names. When they refused he to hand over the list he illeagally raided the offices and arrested the editors with his shock troops in the middle of the night.

And you defenders of personal rights are supporting the monster? Are you kidding me?

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
WOW! I can't believe there are a couple of people that think being an "illegal" alien is not a crime in and of itself! The term "illegal" must be ambigous in some way?

Because you (RIGHTFULLY SO) did not call out anyone in particular...I will at least defend my stance.

Several factors:

1. Profiling violates the rights of every American citizen that falls within whatever "profile" LEO's are looking for.

2. We are all born into this world, despite what the USA federal law is, I say that a geopolitical boundary is BS. If I want to go to Chain, Mexico, Afghanistan, Where ever...I should be allowed w/o question...It' my Planet too! Same goes for those that are not US residents.

3. Immigration is a confusing issue, as each administration that goes into Washington D.C. has a different stance on the issue...we invite them...we ignore them...or we round them up and kick them out.

4. They do jobs no one else wants to do.

5. This is a country of immigrants...If one is to denounce immigration, then one should look at one's self and say "Hey, I'm not Native American...I need to kick myself out of the country".

6. Many, many immigrants are of Native American heritage and have tribal connections that cross our geopolitical border...and have a natural right to be here or there at their leisure.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by Aggie Man]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:23 PM
link   

No, the federal government can only charge him with an offense and do a probe or investigation into allegations of misconduct as a public person, but it has to be prof of that offense, the mayor and the town concil are the ones with firing power of local public servant in a state, not the federal govenrment.

Arrest on federal charges would get him out of the job.

Just sayin'

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:24 PM
link   
reply to post by drock905

I really don't care what he has done or not, I am sure he will get prosecuted if found guilty of murder of violations of human rights.

This about how much power the federal government have over the states rights and elected by the people officials and it goes with any state.

States are Republics and only by the state itself asking for help into probing misconduct of their own elected officials the federal government can intervene.

But that will come from the office of the governor itself, not because the Federal government feels that they can over step on a state power to prosecute at will.

Plain and simple, like I say I careless if he is a criminal or not.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Exactly and that will come from the office of the governor itself if they feel that it has merit for the federal government intervention, but not because the federal government have any jurisdiction over the state rights and its citizens.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
Here in Calif they get them for driving without a license, no proof of insurance,
fake ID, and the cops tow there cars and let them go with a ticket.

Many don't show for court,
and then if caught are fined and do jail time and then are let go again to start the whole process over again.

Many cops in Calif are now pulling up the drivers license photos because many illegals take the name and drivers license number for someone that is in the country legally and make 30+ fakes with the good data so that the cops can do a records check and get a good return.

In one case i know of a fight at a house in LA when the cops asked the Latinos for ID they found that 4 people had fake drivers licenses with the same name and driver license number.

Just go to any police impound Auction in Calif and many have papers in the cars in Spanish and/or bumper stickers with like Mexican flags or other things that show that they were taken from a Latinos.

One of the biggest problems in the US is illegals driving without auto insurance.
and if the hit you they cause a major hit to your pocket book.

In Calif a illegal can buy auto insurance even without a drivers license but 92% don't and still drive.
www.nctimes.com...

47% of cited/stopped drivers in California have no license, no insurance, and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 47%, 92% are illegal aliens.

63% of cited/stopped drivers in Arizona have no license, no insurance, and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 63%, 97% are illegal aliens.

66% of cited/stopped drivers in New Mexico have no license, no insurance, and no registration for the vehicle. Of that 66%, 98% are illegal aliens.

so its easy for sheriff Joe to find something to arrest illegals for.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Exactly and that will come from the office of the governor itself if they feel that it has merit for the federal government intervention, but not because the federal government have any jurisdiction over the state rights and its citizens.

Apparently, the federal govt. must have some authority, otherwise we wouldn't have a story here now, would we?

FEDERAL OBSTRUCTION OF JUSTICE CHARGES

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
Interesting how if it's done to the average Joe, the thread takes a completely different course.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But if it's targeting obvious non-legal people (race based) then it's A-Ok and right on Mr LEO.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:41 PM
link   
0ne of the sad things about bloggers is how far they will stray or how long back in history they will look to void dealing with the topic at hand.

In "THIS" case the sheriff is not breaking the law he is doing what they call good old fashion police work.

You identify a problem "illegal immigrants" and you devise a legal strategy to deal with this like you do any other crime you flood the area with law enforcement and since he can't go kicking down doors they focus on foothold crimes like running a stop sign to get to these people.

And to be honest with you I dont care if he hates latinos all together or not.

All I care about is how when I'm driving down the street at 10 pm at night and there is a full size chevy with 3 people in the front seat racing through traffic with no headlights on and I find out they ran an intersection and hit a car killing 3 people.

Then I see them in court with a translator entering a not guilty plea for drunken reckless driving and man slaughter and I know they will walk out of court and disappear.

This happens 30-40 times every day in our local courthouse here in Rancho. 30-40 people booked on some combination of drunken reckless driving on the wrong side of the road fleeing the scene of the accident after killing someone when they never had a valid license, insurance or clue.

My favorite is when they find out they are suing a stolen ID to get a 8 dollar an hour job and I know someone somewhere in america is going through some kind of legal hell to get that sorted out.

That's the reality that illegals stab each other at san antonio park walk into the hospital receive 850 dollars in medical care and leave without paying a dime. That dime comes out of "my" paycheck

So anyone that thinks illegal immigrants are unjustly persecuted and there a victimless crime can pay the 5340 bill to fix my moms car after a day laborer dropped a step ladder on the freeway and almost killed her.

[edit on 7-10-2009 by circuitsports]

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Yes but that means that the state itself was already probing into the sheriff misconduct or whatever he is been charge with, after all he was voted into office, so it has to be from the mayor to the city council and up to the office of the governor for the federal government to intervene.

This means that probably is more in the news that meet the eyes and this just didn't happen overnight as probably from the mayor to the town council could be investigated if they were protecting what ever the sheriff was doing illegally.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
There is a good documentary called "torture inc. americas brutal prisons" and its got plenty of expose on the abuse and murder that police perpetrate upon prisoners without restraint and with total freedom. Many get so covered with mace that they get 2nd degree burns over 80% of their body. And, get this, over half the documentary is on sheriff Joe Arpaios prisons! Incredible.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

I for one, do not mind presenting my ID to someone when I am in a border area, or an airport, or even on a jobsite with a bunch of illegals.

I do agree with Aggie that it is a country of immigrants, and that we need them, but I think we should expedite the process of getting them in legally! We could take away the "commerce" part of getting in illegally if we made it simpler to do it the legal way!

But, that does not excuse the Fed for trying to take authority of "enforcing laws" away from a "law enforcement" officer!

That is hard to even type, how in the world did it sound ok to the people that thought it up, and then actually implemented it!

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:46 PM
link   
Its amazing to me how people supporting a cause like to completely forget about all the history leading up to it, and make like its a person with a clean slate and unimpeachable morals trying to make life better for his citizens, with no ulterior agenda possible. Much like many like to forget all of american history when supporting our "war on terror" as if the US has never used such whitewashes before to disguise what this really is, a grab for resources.

History tells us not only where we come from, but who we ARE, and Joe's history demonstrates a criminal and abuser.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:54 PM
link   
384 US 929 Lance v. Plummer

384 U.S. 929

86 S.Ct. 1380

16 L.Ed.2d 532

Charles LANCE, Jr.
v.
Lucille PLUMMER et al.

No. 1096.

Supreme Court of the United States

May 2, 1966

Subjecting a state official's tenure of office to the discretion of the federal judiciary makes state officers responsible not to the people of the State but instead to federal judges who, according to the holding here, may oust them from their state office without even so much as a simple notice to the State whose officers they are.

It's not without precedent that a locally elected official CAN be removed from their position by the federal govt.

posted on Oct, 7 2009 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlegmi

If the people whose jurisdiction it IS had the manpower to handle the obscene influx of illegal immigrants into the United States, I guess the sheriff wouldn't have to worry about operating outside his jurisdiction would he?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join