It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

DHS strips Arizona sheriff of authority to patrol for illegal immigrants

page: 17
<< 14  15  16   >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Erasurehead

DHS strips Arizona sheriff of authority to patrol for illegal immigrants

blogs.usatoday.com

Arizona Sheriff Joe Arpaio says he will continue his controversial "crime suppression operations" despite a Department of Homeland Security decision to strip him of authority to arrest suspected illegal immigrants based solely on their immigration status, the East Valley Tribune reports.

“It’s all politics,” says Arpaio, sheriff of Maricopa County.

Arpaio will still have the power to check the immigration status of people booked by his officers, but not the authority to conduct street patrols looking for illegal immigrants.
(visit the link for the full news article)

i dont have the time to read this whole thread so if this has already been said, sorry.
Joe is a complete a**hole. this guy thinks he has to save the world by himself. he makes prisoners wera pink underwear, they can't have mustard, and who knows what else this guy does with his power. anything to curtail this dude is POSITIVE

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ecoparity

Hey, read your post, why don't you all do what we are about, and do something about your own government, instead of invading ours? I can see your people's plight, but we here in America have our own problems, we do not need, or want yours. Mexican girls are the only one's being trafficked, we have that kind of thing here too. I have also asked this of a friend I have in Africa, and he told me that he would rather come to America too. What is it with the other Nations, don't they have any patriotic spirit left anymore? What if we Americans felt like that, and just invaded Mexico, or Africa? What if we hoist our flag about yours, and turn yours upside down? What if we impregnate your women, and then leave for our home country? Over 1.1 million illegal alien Mexicans migrate across U.S. borders every year. Another 1.2 million legal immigrants pour into America every year. Their presence fundamentally changes America’s language and culture back toward Third World conditions, such as crime, squalor, educational chaos, health breakdown, hopelessness, and loss of quality of life. If Mexico’s current misery for its citizens causes them to flee by the millions, those immigrants do provide us with a insightful glimpse of our own future.

Is it Assimilation or Invasion?

Number of Hispanics in public schools almost doubles

U.S. Hispanic population to triple by 2050

The High Cost of Cheap Labor

Walk a mile in our shoes, friend.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is what I just posted on a related thread, and I think it also applies here:

For once I sort of agree with what obama has just said about this.

All of this could have been avoided and could be avoided in the future if the federal government had and would enforce the laws already on the books.

If they did, there would be no need for AZ and other states to feel like they had to try and solve the rampant illegal immigration issue on their own.

The feds - current and past - are to be blamed for this. Republicans see the illegals as somehow good for business, while dems seem to see them as grateful future (maybe even current?) voters, so no one has done a thing about this at the federal level.

The feds must do their jobs, or the states will have no choice. Texas and CA will be the next states to go down this path as illegals flee from AZ to those two states.

posted on Apr, 23 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
pass the law arizona. send the national gaurd to the southern border. STOP illegal immigration.

posted on Apr, 25 2010 @ 12:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheCoffinman
pass the law arizona. send the national gaurd to the southern border. STOP illegal immigration.

We just did, let the games begin !!!

PS - biggest "up yours" to the current administration you'll see for a while.

posted on Nov, 23 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
I dont recall the gestapo requiring it the law of the land to have to carry an ID to begin with Is there such a law stating an American citizen is required to have an ID at all times? It reminds me of this nasty fairy tale I heard about this evil man with a mustache and his death squads anyone know that story

top topics

<< 14  15  16   >>

join