It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Raider of Truth

Okay a whole lot more speculation here.

The earths axis is about 23.5º which is apparently not so perfect.

As you can see on Saturn which is considered to be in perfect alignement. Hence the rings at 27º.

Could the moon or a dwarf planet trapped in the earths rotation from the early days of creation? Causing a not so perfect, yet life giving alignement of the earth?

If the moon was totally destroyed, what would happen here on earth?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

Wow

so these crystals and minerals, could they be of interest to the government? I can see the moon being strip-mined within the next 40 years if that's the case

I could agree with partial mining if these minerals can help us advance space technology in some way or cure diseases by mixing them with earth minerals and chemicals.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrsdudara
and WHY are we going to do this????

Scientific Research dontchaknow...

Blast something to smitherinnies and study the dust and debris

Carl Sagan wanted to do that in the 50's, with a NUKE, to see if anything 'organic' shows up

They hit that comet Temple 1 and got an unexpected second blast that was visible for days from Earth

And WE pay the bill for them to play Mad Bomber

Mighty big explosion for a comet made of ice eh?

Here are the scientists after the blast

Scientists said preliminary data showed that the impact provoked two successive flashes, which could mean the comet's surface and depth are composed of two different matters.

"What you see is something really surprising. First, there is a small flash, then there is a delay, then there is a big flash and the whole thing breaks loose. We may have been able to detect some structural response to the impact," mission co-investigator Pete Shultz, of Brown University.

One image shows a "self-luminous" and "extremely bright incandescent ball," he said in a news conference at NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory in Pasadena, California.

New Tactics for Space Scientists
www.thelivingmoon.com...

So what exactly did they hit? There was supposed to be no explosives on board the 'impactor'

So what they took out an Alien Spacecraft?

Fly-by Laser shootings of Venus, Bombing the Moon, scattering litter all over the solar systems including highly radioactive PLUTONIUM...

Someone needs to reign in these LUNATICS before they really do some damage..

[edit on 6-10-2009 by zorgon]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
It's not exactly a 'pristine environment'. It's a dust filled, empty moon. There is nothing wrong with exploring it and if that means making a little bit of the dust go 'poof' .. then so be it.

How arrogant of you...

[redacted] Not worth the effort :shk:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This again?? They are not "bombing the moon." very poor choice of words on SA's part. They are sending an impactor. No explosives. The kinetic energy involved means no explosives are necesaary. Its for research, another search for water. Keep in mind this was launched before the Indian mission confirmed the water.
I personally beleive the moon is a barren world, no life form, no hidden bases, no alien artifacts. If, as some claim, there are such things on the surface and NASA surely now about them and is covering them up, then surely they would avoid hitting them. No sense in pissing off aliens who possess enogh technology to travel across the galaxy.
If there are abandoned artifacts then I assume the would want them intact to study them. If for whatever reason they wanted to destroy it, a single empty rocket stage probably wouldn't cut it.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by deltaalphanovemberIt was the first time this mineral was found on the Moon, whether on Earth it never occurs

consisting of iron and tin solid solution. The interesting thing about that is that such mineral never occurs on Earth either, but is widely known as a synthetic compound.

Where DO you get your information
Never heard such gobblygook in my life.. I have mined pure molybdenum myself on Earth and just what the heck is a 'solid solution'

But your right the strip mining has already started years ago
Copernicus Crater for one...

Hmmm Time to do a Moon Mining thread

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:38 PM
link   
Why bomb the moon? You've got to bomb something. That's why we humans love living, to blow stuff up.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by pluckynoonez
Why bomb the moon? You've got to bomb something. That's why we humans love living, to blow stuff up.

True... and we are good at that
been doing it since China invented gunpowder.

But one day we will find someone else that is good at it too... and they have better bombs then we do

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Raider of Truth
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

I said the same.. our old campfire buddies on the dark side are hopefully intelligent enough to shoot the missle before it hits imo if the Moon is their property then we just declared war on them.

And i really hope that they react this time! They have been ignoring our declarations of war for more than 50 years! It is starting to get embarassing...

en.wikipedia.org...

A little explanation for the list: look at the column "crashed" and "int. crashed"
This thing will be added with "int crashed"
There is no explosive on board. It is just another intentional crash. The Saturn IV b stages where bigger and heavier when we slammed them into the moon in the 60ies.

You don't need explosives if you drop something from orbit. Want more boom? Throw it faster, or throw something heavier. Craters don't care if their source is chemical or kinetic.

And one more:
antwrp.gsfc.nasa.gov...
See the small round things on this picture? those were made by kinetic bombs. It's the far side, it does see a little more action than the near side, without earth being in the way.
Anyway: The crater we are going to make won't be the size of a pixel on that picture.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by debunky
Anyway: The crater we are going to make won't be the size of a pixel on that picture.

That's not the point...

They are bombing the WATER supply on the moon... as it is it is a rare commodity up there. Blasting a few hundred tons of it into space just to say "Ah HAH It IS there..... errrr was..." Is stupid and irresponsible. Not only that the rest of it will be contaminated with space debris.

How stupid is that, especially since India already confirmed what we knew from Clementine in 1994...

Maybe we should give NASA some more money from those missing TRILLIONS in the defence budget so they can do REAL science for a change

But with all that debris scattered around the Moon it's going to be impossible to look for anomalies in the future as there will be modern scrap all over the place

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:16 PM
link   
Let's just hope the moon isn't made out of gunpowder.

The heat generated from the impact could be enough to start a chain reaction
if there is oxygen trapped in the minerals.

The whole thing smells like BS to me. How many hungry mouths are going without food because these NASA "scientists" need something to make them look useful.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
I don't know what to believe, but i do not think this is an attack...

However, could this impact be designed to erase some type of physical evidense of something the US gov, or NASA don't want any other nations to know about?

Moon experts:

Anyone know the spesific area of planned impact? Is there reported to be anything of question in that area?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:20 PM
link   
it been done before. and its not a bomb.

if you knew about this before, and understood exactly why it is important to do this for researchers, you wouldnt be so shocked.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:23 PM
link   
What doesn't make sense is that water disapears completely in a vacuum. So the Idea of NASA finding water on the Moon by exploding a bomb in a vacuum on the moon is uterly ridiculous. Heat from the bomb combined with the vacuum will flash-evaporate any trace of water so fast it cannot be measured.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Research "rods of God"the USA figured out a long time ago that a rod of some special metal simply directed back to earth will enter the atmosphere at terminal speed but the rod will remain intact and the mass of the rod hitting the earth is equal to a nuclear detonation WITHOUT THE FALLOUT OR POLITICAL PROBLEMS.

Empty rocket stage eh???

America is trying to start a fight,as usual,it wont work this time and if it does ,we will finally have disclosure.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
reply to post by L.HAMILTON

In a vacuum, water ice and liquid water become water vapor, they do not "disappear". Water vapor is detectable (Ever seen the water vapor satellite images of Earth? The instruments trained on the impact are much more sensitive than that.). The great majority of the water vapor, ice particles, rocks, and dust ejected by the impact will fall back to the surface of the moon.

There are dozens of craters of the size that LCROSS will create formed by meteor impacts on the Moon each year. The thing that is different about this one is we know where and when to look for it. There are impacts much greater than this on an ongoing basis. The moon is still there, the water (or hydroxl) seems to still be there too.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
So if someone can clarify this, this bombing the moon is 100% safe??, With no problems what so ever?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   
If it does not work the first time, try, try, try again!! It is not the first time the areas in the Luna south pole region have been impacted for the search for water!
India intentionally crashed a moon probe... a 35k spacecraft that was released from Chandrayaan-1 lunar orbiter. It struck Shackleton crater. Nov 14, 2008. Its purpose was to release underground debris that could be analyzed by the orbiter for the presence of water.
Same happened before that by Nasa. Luna Prospector space craft was also intentionally crashed into a crater near the south pole region in an attempt to find water too. This was July 31, 1999.
Not sure, but I believe the impact region for Friday is in the Cabeus area.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I guess now NASA will have a legitimate excuse as to why none of the Apollo hardware will be located when they start a detailed exploration of the moon. It'll go something like this:

"Yeah, all the Apollo stuff was there previously, but it all got vaporized during this exploratory blast."

Who knows? Maybe one of the astronaut's passports will survive the blast.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by moonwize

I wonder if there where any earthquakes, associated with those dates you stated Moonwize.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join