It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NASA To Bomb The Moon Friday

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:30 PM
link   
Ugh! Why don't they do something that saves US lives such as search for water in Afghanistan, North Korea or Iran using this same equipment?

The only way to do a proper survey is "boot and hammer" prospecting by real people! Enough with the probes and waste! Engage the nation's emotions again and GO THERE. If it could be done so abruptly in the 60's what the hell is the hang up? Fishy, to say the least. Unimaginative Losers running the show.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:41 PM
link   
Here's a what's to happen: animation video

Seems a lot of work when all they to do was to equip the Apollo astronauts with the proper equipment back in the 70's. See Dowsing for one solution.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Don't know, but I would think that the surface would shake, like dynamite blasting at the very most. Correct me if I am wrong.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   
You guys are ignorant and I'm surprised to discover it

Who said NASA will hit the Moon with something like a rocket, i.e. a weapon? Did you know that NASA was doing this type of thing back in Apollo days?

Now it is time for facts:

The LCROSS science payload consists of two near-infrared spectrometers, a visible light spectrometer, two mid-infrared cameras, two near-infrared cameras, a visible camera and a visible radiometer.

Source
See, no bombs there!
Then what's wrong with crashing a big piece of metal into the surface of the Moon? Thousands of planes crash right into our planet, upper stages of the rockets crash too and who cares?
Besides, the Moon is there for entirely sinister purposes; been placed by ETs some 13 000 years ago. The Moon is actually an artificial spacecraft. I'd be only glad, if some agency of country blow it up without any large pieces left.

P.S. By crashing LEMs, Apollo astronauts determined that our Moon is probably hollow and very rigid, like metal (metal shell) - "rang like a bell" for hours.

[edit on 6/10/2009 by strNick]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by strNick
..what's wrong with crashing a big piece of metal into the surface of the Moon? Thousands of planes crash right into our planet, upper stages of the rockets crash too and who cares?

More space garbage on the moon that will never erode. It'll be there for millions of years.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Ok you can't send man back too the moon but you can send a bomb , what the hell is this white house is not telling the people of the world . if this is true we have to stop this now!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by Neo__
More space garbage on the moon that will never erode. It'll be there for millions of years.

Well, I don't see this as a problem. The Moon itself is piece of garbage, as I've said.

What I see as a problem is that NASA is a circus and since 60-s they have been doing nonsensical and irrelevant things, like finding out if there is water on the Moon, while they knew this for a fact since Apollo.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ualredyknow

No one is going to bomb the Moon soon! Jose Escamilla brainwashed you, OP and thousands of YouTube users.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by ualredyknow
Ok you can't send man back too the moon but you can send a bomb , what the hell is this white house is not telling the people of the world . if this is true we have to stop this now!

a) It's been in the news for months. It was on the science pages. sorry you missed it.

b) Is it possible that slamming a lump of metal into the moon is cheaper and easier than landing a human beeing, and getting it back? (you know, accelerating enough to get clear of earth, decelerating enough to not squish when hitting the moon, accelerating enough again to get back from the moon, decelerating enough again to not squisch when hitting earth, and providing air, water and food all the way) Nah... that can't be.

c) not sure about this, but i think it's on its way. So stopping should be pretty impossible.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma
Reminds me of the remake of H.G. Wells 'Time Machine'.

They bomb the Moon and it causes it to break up.

Should be interesting to watch.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by lucentenigma]

That image came to my mind too and it's disturbing.

If NASA uses such techniques now it will become a custom for any future exploration for other planets too. But other planets may react differently to such a method of creating blast. Imagine, from 150-200 yrs from now NASA putting up video clips of bombing Moon, Mars, Venus, Mercury, Saturn etc and then claiming there is no life there. Nomatter whatever lil' evidence there might be may get lost in such a erroneous move.

This is one illthought move by NASA. I really dont support it
If we can't improve anything atleast don't destroy it.

[edit on 6-10-2009 by December_Rain]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Maddogkull

Oh. are you talking about earthquakes here on Earth on those dates??? Yes, type in earthquakes ,the date and the year and you will come up with quite a few. BUT.. if you type in a different date you also come up with earthquakes on that day too. Seems earth is shaking all the time!!!!

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 03:53 PM
link   
This is a pretty interesting video that first brought this to my attention.

And here goes my first attempt at posting a youtube link here, fingers crossed
youtube link

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Why would they pick a spot that is not even visible from earth based telescopes?

Cabeus was not the team's first choice because a large ridge obstructs the view of the crater from Earth. "There is a large mountain that's about six kilometres tall or so on the northern side of the crater. So the ejecta has to fly up higher before it becomes visible to Earth observers," Colaprete told New Scientist. Most of the debris in the plume created by LCROSS's launch rocket stage is expected to extend no more than 10 kilometres above the lunar surface.

www.newscientist.com...

[edit on 6-10-2009 by endtimesrhere]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by endtimesrhere

Mostly because (as the article states)

But according to a statement issued on Monday, the team believes that "Cabeus shows, with the greatest level of certainty, the highest hydrogen concentrations at the south pole". LCROSS's thrusters were fired on Friday to put its trajectory in line with its new target.

But also (as the article also states)

And the team is expecting the plume created by LCROSS and its rocket stage will still be clearly visible. A small valley in Cabeus's ridge is expected to help boost visibility, allowing sunlight to trickle in and illuminate the ejected debris earlier than previous estimates, the statement says.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Phage]

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by strNick
No one is going to bomb the Moon soon! Jose Escamilla brainwashed you, OP and thousands of YouTube users.

Before you shove your other foot into your mouth by calling people 'ignorant' why not tell your story to Scienticfic American

Seems THEY agree it's a bomb

NASA's mission to bomb the Moon
www.scientificamerican.com...

Now if S.A. , the premiere scientific publication says it's a bomb... who the heck are YOU to say it ain't so?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If there is going to be a galactic "mess" (a nicer word than what I wanted to use) up, then I want to be alive to witness it!

Now, I am not hoping for doom and gloom, but am just saying it would be neat to join the ride.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 04:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

So I take it you are all FOR NASA spreading expensive scrap metal all over the solar system huh?

Millions of tax dollars, all the high tech equipment, all that precious metal and plutonium just being scattered at will all over the local cosmos and in return we get... confirmation of that we already knew from many missions and some pretty pictures

So I suppose you won't mind if I dump my trash all over your front lawn eh?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by endtimesrhere

Mostly because (as the article states)

But according to a statement issued on Monday, the team believes that "Cabeus shows, with the greatest level of certainty, the highest hydrogen concentrations at the south pole". LCROSS's thrusters were fired on Friday to put its trajectory in line with its new target.

But also (as the article also states)

And the team is expecting the plume created by LCROSS and its rocket stage will still be clearly visible. A small valley in Cabeus's ridge is expected to help boost visibility, allowing sunlight to trickle in and illuminate the ejected debris earlier than previous estimates, the statement says.

[edit on 10/6/2009 by Phage]

Isn't hydrogen explosive?

If they know there is hydrogen, why are they trying to blow it up.

And before you state it is not an explosive, the impact will create enough heat to light the hydrogen. The question is, is there oxygen trapped in the minerals.

If they say there is water on the moon, then oxygen is present. The possibilities of a catastrophic explosion is very real.

A ten k high plume from this rocket is more than just an impact, don't ya think?

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:12 PM
link   
one thing to pay special note to are the mythological titles given to these items..

Centaur...

and

Shepherd.

What/WHO is to be shephearded?
say.. that chemtrails have been "seeding" the nation.. the virgin land america..
and certain people have been... ahehm... "changing"... because of this "impregnation"...

in the book of Revelation...when the "pregnant woman" is brought out of babylon as to not suffer her plagues... she is seen standing on the moon
will this impact hit the moon causing a "waking up" of ships to come and suck up the people that need to be removed from a nation during these coming plagues? ie: swine flu ..etc..

will these people be taken to the moon?

brought back after 2012?

is the title "shepherd" to indicate jsut that? to round up the flock?

the "centaurs" were known to be drunk during "weddings" and break furniture..

could a "wedding" be the matrimony of the people of the virgin land and their impregnator / christening..

the centaurs also taught the legendary Heracles and Jason and Asclepius

symbolicly... these "Centaurs" could mean a more profound concept than a mere man with a horse body...

the higher realms of intellect and industry/gov use mythology for their occult meaning... it's not jsut for chits and giggles that they spent hundreds of millions on greek/roman statues for the U.S. capitol...

and name their space faring vehicles / planets after these symbolic dieties.

there is deep meaning behind these imaginary characters.. and their positions in the PATHS man is to take during his history.

posted on Oct, 6 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by prevenge

Well said prevenge and I have to agree. The book I am reading, The Secret Architecture of our Nation's Capitol, and Washington DC has some mystic or solar design.

What will happen geo-politically when the Transit of Venus happens in 2012?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join