It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Secret Moves To Stop Using Dollar For Oil Trading

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:31 PM
link   
ARAB STATES LAUNCH SECRET MOVES WITH CHINA, RUSSIA, FRANCE TO STOP USING DOLLAR FOR OIL TRADING... DEVELOPING...

thats the headline on the top of drudge report,

i tried looking around for more but i cant seem to find anything

Mod Edit: All Caps – Please Review This Link.

[edit on 5/10/2009 by Mirthful Me]

sorry about the caps, thank you

[edit on 5-10-2009 by robertnesta]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
this could potentially be huge, i mean this is the type of thing that would be the catalyst for some real change, possibly war.

it still seems this is just breaking though, i am only finding the headline everywhere

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

Do you post or read over at the dailypaul.com?

line 2.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:36 PM
link   
no i do not, but iv been looking all over trying to find some more info

second line

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by robertnesta

I saw this same post over there with no link of info listed. Was just wondering. I am excited to see how this thread grows.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
If this goes down, expect WW3.

It will completely tank whats left of the US economy.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 05:49 PM
link   
i bet gold and silver prices are going to go up further tomorrow

i wish i would have invested in gold years ago

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Here's a good place to start maybe?

I'm just now starting to look through the stories...

Arabs to stop using USD for Oil Trading?
Google Search

Here's the ~Rest of the Story~...

The demise of the dollar
Tuesday, 6 October 2009
www.independent.co.uk...

[edit on 10/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:21 PM
link   

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by whistler16

We updated the follow-up at the same time!

Great minds...you know

From the article...

Chinese financial sources believe President Barack Obama is too busy fixing the US economy to concentrate on the extraordinary implications of the transition from the dollar in nine years' time. The current deadline for the currency transition is 2018.

Well...if this the story we're not cooked just yet...or are we?

[edit on 10/5/2009 by Hx3_1963]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:27 PM
link   
so hex(as stander calls ya)...what do ya think of this...or is it being discussed by the financial gurus in the market thread?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:29 PM
link   
No discussions there as of yet, but, we'll probably see marg chirp in soon!

I updated my prior post to reflect the high point I noticed in the story...

9 Yrs...2018?

Hmmm...

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:30 PM
link   
thanks guys for posting that link
i found these line interesting

In a graphic illustration of the new world order, Arab states have launched secret moves with China, Russia and France to stop using the US currency for oil trading

"America and Britain must be very worried. You will know how worried by the thunder of denials this news will generate."

This sounds like a dangerous prediction of a future economic war between the US and China over Middle East oil

this article is also dated tuesday october 6th, im reading it on monday october 5th haha

[edit on 5-10-2009 by robertnesta]

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Here is a link to the story:
The Demise of the dollar

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Hx3_1963

I was refreshing drudge every couple minutes haha. It means a couple things, either our govt/bankers are in on this and we will not hear anything more on the subject until it goes through because they have the excuse to form the north american union. The US was really in the dark about the meetings (unlikely), or we have already started plans to invade. the same thing happened in Iraq (switched to Euro) a couple weeks later we invaded. the only thing that is keeping us from completely tanking is the fact that the Dollar is what is used in oil transactions, at least we have 9 years to prepare (more than likely 2 to 3 before our re-election). The sharks are surrounding us due to a weak president. Bush was scum, but at least everyone knew he was crazy/stupid enough to pull the trigger if need be. the interesting thing will be how much momentum they can get going to move away from teh dollar before our presidential elections.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:34 PM
link   
Did this go down in the G7 meeting?...theres so many G groups i lose track

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
reply to post by whistler16

I was just noticing the end of the article on yer remark...

Iran announced late last month that its foreign currency reserves would henceforth be held in euros rather than dollars. Bankers remember, of course, what happened to the last Middle East oil producer to sell its oil in euros rather than dollars. A few months after Saddam Hussein trumpeted his decision, the Americans and British invaded Iraq.

Sounds about right...just pull out the old play book and run the new ~Hail Mary~ :shk:

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:36 PM
link   
www.trading--oil.com...

I think it is a great idea for the stock markets started trading in euros instead of dollars and it is a great idea too if the OPEC countries started expressing prices of oil in euros rather than dollars.

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
www.renewamerica.com...

October 1, 2009
Sanctions won't stop Ahmadinejad.

Last month, Ahmadinejad ordered that Iran change the US Dollar with the Euro for all oil sales, after his earlier call for the OPEC nations to do the same.

Now our attention is on Ahmadinejad's nuclear weapons program and anti-Israeli ambitions,... starting to sound familiar?

posted on Oct, 5 2009 @ 06:39 PM
link   
The dollar represent AMERICA!!!! if it all switched over to the Euro, should we not simply throw our constittuiondown the toilet and become Eurpe#2 then? NO EFFIN WAY

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join