It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stars in BTS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 10:04 AM
link   
Why is there no star system (as in the yellow stars above posts) in BTS? Is it in the cards to implement?

Sometimes I'm reading through a thread and agree with a few posts but don't have anything useful to add myself. Instead of a bunch of one-liners saying "I agree" I could just star the posts.

I'm not going to get my panties in a twist about it, but it would be a useful feature and I'm curious as to why it hasn't been implemented here but has on ATS.

Sorry if this has been discussed before - I don't frequent this area of the forum.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by the siren

I think that the reason that BTS doesn't have stars is because BTS is more for general chit-chat and "non-researchy" things like sports, movies, and so on.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by octotom

True, but I think stars or "something" would be appropriate in the BTS "Breaking General News" forum and the "Other Global News" forum though.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Keyhole

I agree, when I think of the theology forum that is on there. My only thing is that I would think that, if one forum were to get stars, or whatever, they all would have to, do to the coding. Or maybe the coding is easier than I think and it would be possible to code individual forums.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 07:04 PM
link   
I'd love to have the stars back in BTS.

Thank you for raising the issue and giving me the opportunity to have yet another little whinge about the lack of them.

I've found a lot of thought-provoking or humorous posts in BTS that I'd like to support or reward but I don't want to go the 'I agree' route, either.

Even if the stars had no 'value' in the way the ATS ones do, they would still serve a purpose. It's good to let someone know that you appreciate their post.

posted on Oct, 3 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by berenike

berenike, I would have put a star on your post if it had of been allowed like it used to be.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Who honestly cares about the star system. It's flawed anyway and means absolutely nothing. I've seen people get hundreds of stars by simply starting a new thread titled, "The end of the world is nigh".
Welcome to ATS.

posted on Oct, 4 2009 @ 07:02 AM
link   
Thanks for the all the opinions.

Originally posted by kindred
Who honestly cares about the star system. It's flawed anyway and means absolutely nothing. I've seen people get hundreds of stars by simply starting a new thread titled, "The end of the world is nigh".
Welcome to ATS.

I care about the star system because enjoy the fact that I can star posts that I find interesting or funny. Beyond that, it doesn't mean anything to me.

I'm not saying the number of stars someone gets on BTS should be added to their ATS total - I just find it's a handy way of agreeing without lowering the quality of the thread. Without stars, I think we'd have a lot of one-liners like "I agree", "spot On" etc, and that doesn't add quality at all.

top topics

join