It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Your scariest experiences contest that isnt a contest

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 11:41 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0b60a3141d2d.jpg[/atsimg]

Welcome to the campfire, share your spookiest happenings. This thread is for the scary real paranormal experiences you have had. They have to be true ( a little poetic licence is accetable to keep us scared). An experience you have had, or someone you know to keep it in the paranormal area.

Ok So I'll start, someone pass me the torch to place under my chin as I speak.

1991 Dingle Ireland.
We checked into a hostel that was its opening night.
We had a run of all the rooms as we were the first people through the door.
This place was a refurbed manor house and looked all spick and span.
It had a long tree lined dirt road that led up to the front of the manor, and the tree branches looked liked gnarled hands through the mist.

The owner Paddy told us 6 girls to find whichever room we wanted as we were his first guests ever. We ran through corridoors like kids exploring every room to see whcih we would bunk down in.
After opening and closing 10 doors to different types of rooms I came to the end of the corridoor and turned the handle. The door opened with obligatory creaking and I saw a enourmous room with 3 double beds that had not been made dorm like. I called over my shoulder to the other girls to come and see this fantastic room. They pushed me in and I dove on a bed giggling.

I heard my sister scream.

I looked up and she was on her backside like her legs had ben taken out from under her, I ran to her in a panic to try and find what was wrong. She was crying and said her knees felt like they had been shattered and she couldnt walk. I ran down to Paddy and asked him to call an ambulance. He didnt look up from his crossword nor take the cigarette from his mouth as he said
"She'll be fine soon, you are in the last room? there is a bad draft there, ask her out then and she'll be fine"

I ran back to my sister who was standing back outside in the corridoor and she was fine. We left the other girls to check us in and set up the beds in the room whilst I bundled my sister in the car to see a doctor, I was taking no chances. Backpacking we were in each others charge to the death!
The doctor said there was nothing wrong whatsoever, 50 Irish pounds later we went back to the hostel and got ready for a wild night at the local pub.

We came back slightly intoxicated. Ann, one of our gaggle of girls yelled half way up the dirt road with the gnarled hand trees
"Oh my god sh'es hung herself" as she pointed to the last tree outside out bedroom window at the front of the manor.
We all looked up and saw nothing and told her so.
She looked at me and said "run call Paddy @!" and was about to launch into a sprint when she looked back the the tree and saw nothing.
"She gone, I just a woman hangin there"
We all started to laugh and yell " ahhh booogie booogggie bogggie" eventually convincing her that its was the mist and tree branches, combined with Guinneess playing a trick on her.

We all fell asleep quickly. But sleep did not last long. I dreamt of a man choking me, I woke up from the dream and was pinned to the bed, I was making choking noises, My friend Rebecca woke up and rolled across the bed to come to me, she tried to lift me up and couldnt. My sister and the others were all awake and next to me, none of them could lift me. I was pinned to the bed like glue.
I closed my eyes (as Ihave felt sprits in my life, I cant believe i am admitting this, and never really feared them) and imagined my passed gran and a ball of light around me. ...The choking immeditly ceased and I was flung by the girls out of the bed.
They were all crying. Belinda ran down to bang furiously on Paddys door to get him to come up and get a doctor.
When he came up, I asked him if this place was haunted by a bad beastie.
He laughed and said
"Girls as it was openening night I didnt ask you to leave this room as I was interested to see why it allowed you in, The door is locked and jammed shut usually. We didnt refurbish this room as we dont plan on using it for guests.
My anscetors lived and died here.
One of them had an affair. When her fella came in and found them in his bed, he ran downstairs and came back with a sledge-hammer type instrument and smashed the knees of the man who was with his wife, then killed him with a blow to the head . He then tried to choke his wife to death. He was restrained by the servants and guests he had returned with. That night his wife hung herself on the tree outside this room. He was eventually put to death for murder"

We applied for a refund, and fled to a bed and breakfast in the town!
I solemly swear that is as cloesish to what is remembered from March 1991 Dingle Irealnd....Exception* I did feel a cold ghoul the minute I walked in the room, but wasnt really alarmed by it initially and was use to it around Britian and Ireland so didnt mention it to the girls. EEEEEKKK
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8393eb6fcade.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 30-9-2009 by zazzafrazz]

Mod edit: title

[edit on 3 Nov 2009 by Hellmutt]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:45 AM
link   
I truly love these types of threads. Unfortunately don't have anything truly scary to add myself, but i will definitely be watching for more of these stories

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:42 PM
link   
Okay heres one I got. When I was about 7 years old I lived in this really run down house in Detroit. It was a pretty old house and had at least 5 bedrooms. Well me and my sister stayed on the second floor. The story went for the house that an old asian couple died there a few years back before we moved in.

So after about a few months of living there my sister would wake up and say she heard "the devil talking to her" and telling her to do things. We just shrugged it off.

Then we had these two dolls. They were like raggedy ann dolls but they were our size and stuffed with cotton. One night before we went to sleep we put both the dolls to sleep on the top bunk. We slept together on the bottom bunk because I mean come on its Detroit, we heard gunshots everynight all night and got scared. So we wake up the next morning and the dolls, I kid you not, were hanging half off the bed almost like staring down at us. So we took the dolls to the neighbors house and tore them up and threw them away because it creeped us out.

So eventually we moved out the house, and when we got in the car to drive away and leave, I saw a chinese man in the upstairs window looking down at me waving goodbye.

True story. It was a pretty creepy house.

There ya go zazzy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Jess_Undefined

I would have freaked out! My sister and I had bunk beds but if we sleep in the same bunk it was usually the top one

I will post my story tomorrow. Its late and dark and it really freaks me out when I tell it. Lets just say Zazz the house I lived in for about 8 years and the house next door were very "active." It freaked me out at first but after a while I just accepted it and when I was in HS the whole experience came back into my life and it really validated everything I saw and heard when I was little.

Zazz
That is one scary story! Holy crap!! I cant believe he didnt tell you what happened in that room! That is one good ghost experience for sure to freak anyone out!

S&F

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   

yikes, a waving china man......deliciously scary.
Did you ever find out if the previous tennant that died was Chinese?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Yes there was a chinese couple who died in the house a few years before we moved in there. Creeeeeepyyyy.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   

Ding Ding! Pass the torch jess!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:25 PM
link   
I told of a recent one here, not too long ago.

Here is the thread: www.abovetopsecret.com...

But I will c&p here:

Paranormal Experience? I dont know.

I don’t usually post in this forum and I’m not really looking for an answer to anything, but I wanted to share something that happened to me today. I’m curious to see what people who visit this forum think might have happened – if anything at all.

Today I was house hunting with my realtor. He wanted to show me an older home that was under renovation and unoccupied. It is banked owned, so don’t really know the history of it. Upon entry of the home, I could see that it was indeed under renovation – you could smell the fresh paint and new carpet. But the home felt odd. Just not very comfy and it was not calling me to move in, like many houses do. I thought this was because it was under reno and had no furnishings in it. It was literally a blank white canvas. And it was a very bright house – lots of light.

I went down into the [fully finished] basement which looked like renovation was complete. But it just felt odd down there. Didn’t know why. Again, I attributed it to no furnishings and just the emptiness of it. But I just felt uncomfortable being down there by myself (realtor was upstairs).

Walked around the basement and entered what appeared to be a bedroom. As soon as I walked into the room the hair all over me stood up and I got goosebumps and just got this oppressive sinking feeling. Against the wall was a small bookshelf, which was odd, because the entire house was empty. Sitting on top of the bookshelf was a small framed photo of a little black girl. That was it. The room had not been renovated – meaning no new paint or flooring. It looked old and untouched. I walked over to the closet to open it and as I closed the door I saw on the door a child’s name scratched into the door. I don’t even recall the name, because I was so spooked and freaked out that I left the room and quickly went upstairs.

I am not saying this house was haunted. But I looked at a dozen houses today, some empty, some lived in. This house gave me the creeps and I have never experienced anything like this before. The best way I can describe the feelings I had was very “Blair Witch-ish”.

I asked my realtor if he knew of anything odd that happened in this house – like someone dying. He said he was unaware of anything. But something was not right with this house. Im not even sure I believe in “haunted houses”, though I believe in the supernatural (related??). But if I were to ever believe, it would be because of this experience.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:17 PM
link   
Here's mine.

I had a friend in college that was interested in witch-craft. He was a catholic and I am baptist. Well, all the things he tried worked for him... amazingly so. I was concerned for him and started telling him to stop, leave it alone that he was messing with dangerous stuff and didn't know what he was doing.

He started using a dream-stone (opens up your mind to sendings) and he began to be contacted by an entity. I got very concerned for him. He ended up believing (no joke) that in a past life he was the wife of this entity and it wanted him back. The entity was a Celtic god... the god of the hunt and the underworld no less.

To make things even more fun, he was going to Scotland in less than a month for a study program. I began to panic.

I encountered the entity (I'm an empath) at his sending off party. I knew it was there and after everyone had left aside from me and him, it jumped into him and began to speak to me. It told me that "this one belongs to us" and to back off. (I couldn't even remember what little I'd learned on how to make things go away... I think it blocked my mind)
I told it to F-off and a few other things. It smirked at me and told me, "Your prayers will be with this one." and almost left in my friend's body.
I finally managed to get my friend back and told him what happened. He still went to Scotland.

I prayed for him the whole three months he was gone.

When he got back, strange things kept happening around him. I tried not to be around him and continued to pray. Then things started happening to me.

I was driving through my city one day, and... I just felt this wave of power coming towards me... it was angry and it was attacking me. I think I must have topped 100mph trying to get away from it.
That was the first encounter.

I started to have horrible luck... I fell down stairs, got really sick... grades in the toilet... that sort of thing. I couldn't go into the city I lived near or I would have a panic attack.

I had a silver cross blessed by a priest and got a little closer to god and things started getting a little better... for a little while.

I had just picked up a friend and we were driving past a library when I had to stop at a red light. I swear. I saw the light turn green. My passenger saw it turn green.
I started to go through the intersection.
The light had been red. A black truck barreled into the side of my car right where my gas tank was. I was told later on that had I had a full tank or had the truck been going 10 miles faster, my car probably would have exploded.

I freaked out. A few other things started happening and I retreated. I wasn't strong enough. I ended up barricaded in my room, scared for my very life. I surrounded myself on all sides with crosses a hid for two years.

I'm ok now but it took a LONG time to get over what happened. I plan to write a book about it one day. And yes, the events kept me from graduating college.

As for the friend? He was possessed. He got into all kinds of dark, dark magic. I kept praying for him and one day in church I got such a feeling of peace about him while I was praying that I had to sit down and cry.

I never saw him again but I think he is ok.

Please note... I was very young when this happened and know a LOT more about... everything now. I was a silly little girl then who got in WAY over her head and got burned... bad.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:15 AM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

GEL they are real. You felt it trust me

sometimes residual energy doesnt go back to where it should...yikes, methinks you felt it well and truly, the girls name in the closet.....makes me think she was locked in it? maybe im just all ghost story campfirish paranoid!

[edit on 1-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 12:48 AM
link   
Hi All,

All of the stories written here are great so far. My freak-out level has elevated to orange.
Of course now Im gonna tell mine, which is not as scary as the ones written here, but it definitely gives me the creeps thinking about it.

While I was a freshman in college, my friends & I had this thing for seeking adventure. We used to explore abandoned places when we were bored, mainly for the sheer thrill of seeing who would freak out first. One afternoon as I was leaving a friends house to walk back to my dorm, I noticed a pretty spooky looking house that I hadnt noticed before. At first I thought to make a mental note of the place to mention to my friends, but for some reason I stopped and just kept staring at the place.

I looked in the window and saw that while the place was still furnished, it clearly had not had anyone live in it for a while. Everything seemed to be from the 70's. (This was the early 90's) I starting daydreaming about finding some sort of forgotten treasure inside, and I decided to see if there was a way in. I tried the front door and it was surprisingly open.

When I entered the house I noticed one thing immediately, there was a large hole in the roof. It was obvious that it sustained some sort of major damage, but I couldnt tell what might have caused it. I remember feeling relief that the absence of a roof allowed a great deal of light in, because I had no flashlight to properly explore the place. The house was like a time capsule with all the furniture and nick-nacks that were still in the place. I stared to imagine who might have lived there based on the items that I found.

Our usual way to explore a house was to check out the living rooms then the kitchen and then go upstairs if there was one. In this house I decided I needed to go upstairs first. As I started up the stairs, this feeling of strangeness and "other" seemed to creep up behind me. About halfway up the stairs it hit me with full force and I stopped with the hairs on my neck and arms standing up and so electrified that my arms hurt. I looked up at the sky and noticed that the moon was out along with the stars.

The MOON was out!! This played over and over in my head. It seemed impossible to me that I had been exploring that house for longer than 20 min. and in the dark. When I entered it it was mid afternoon around 4pm with plenty of sunshine, which is why I decided it was safe to explore. Terror froze me on the steps because I suddenly got the very real realization that I was not alone in that house. I knew with certainty that if I had made it to the top of those steps, something terrible would have happened to me.

Then a voice that sounded like it was right next me yelled "Run", which I did. I ran until I was almost back on campus, crying the whole time. When I stopped to get my breath, I looked at the sky and it still had some red in it, not nearly as dark as it looked inside the house. However the moon was definitely still visible. I was so mad at myself for going in there by myself and without anyone knowing where I had gone. I thought about what had happened again just to make sure I wasnt overreacting like we tended to do when we were spooked by something.

But when I thought about it again, I realized that that feeling of terror was most decidedly real and something I did not want to ever experience again. Realizing that I was only 4 steps from being at the top of the stairs and that overwhelming knowing that if I had made it to the top something terrible would have happened to me made me start crying again as I walked the rest of the way to my dorm. Even now, I have goosebumps telling you this.

Needless to say that was the very last time I ever tried to explore someplace solo.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
The first house I lived in after I moved out of my parents was a crappy 1 bedroom. My buddy and I split the rent of 200 dollars a month and the bed went to the guy who picked up a girl first.

About a week into us living there I went to take a shower and there was a babys' hand print on the shower wall. Nothing I did would get the print to go away. After a week the hand print dissappeared. It would come and go our whole stay at the house.

After that the bedroom door would slam shut anytime it was left open without anyone in the room. If we finished a beer or anything else without throwing it away as soon as we was done the television would turn itself off. Needless to say, our house was the cleanest bachelor pad you ever saw.

At 11pm on the dot something would jump on the roof in the back of the house and run all the way across. We gave up trying to catch what it was after my buddy stayed in the house and I would be outside waiting for it. He yelled that it was coming my way and I never saw anything.

We moved out after 3 months when we heard a baby screaming in the bedroom. It was pretty comical, my buddy was in the bedroom with a girl around 1 am doing their thing when it started screaming. Both came bolting out of the room naked as the day they were born.

We moved out the next day.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 02:35 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Well, that isn't the scariest ghost story I have ever heard...
But it sure is the funniest!

I think that ghost would do just fine with an old, married couple LOL!!!

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Thats soo cool.
I lived in a old house that had a rank burnt smell in it every so often, that was not like anything we ever experienced before, it would come and go. We had charchoal like goooey hand prints slap on the wall, much like your baby print. We would hear the slap and BANG we'd jump 5 ft in the air and then the print appeared before our eyes and couldnt get rid of it till it faded, happened alot.
I woke up one night and saw a edwardian dressed woman peering into my tea cup on my bedside table. So we investigated and discovered a woman died in a house fire there 100 ish years ago.
We tried one day to get her to move on with the usual paraphanalia and lame chanting, only to be awoken to the house completetly flooded the next morning from a broken pipe and were forced to move out never to return as the place was gutted.
The hand prints are soooo cool. But she was a cow because we blame her for getting rid of us instead of us getting rid of her! lol

[edit on 1-10-2009 by zazzafrazz]

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
reply to post by sylvrshadow

What you went in alone! lol
Are you nuts???
Some beasties can be right buggers, Im glad you didnt go to the top of the stairs!!!!!

Im OK with this stuff, and I wouldnt go into a abandoned house alone ..LMAO!
You get the bravery/silliness award..yup
thx for sharing, cool story.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 04:54 AM
link   
I've had a lot of paranormal experiences, but my scariest experience was NOT paranormal.
WE have a very steep driveway, and sometimes when it rains, it is hard to get up, especially if there are leaves or pine straw on it.
WEll, one day I was trying to get up the driveway and my truck started slipping backwards. It was just pouring.

My 5 year old son, up and unbuckled himself, jumped out of the truck, and ran behind it as if to HOLD it up. He said "I'll save you mommy." Like he was superman or something.

ALL i could do was hold my foot on the break and scream. I was just screaming, pleading for him to move.

I have never been so terrified in all my life.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 05:03 AM
link   
I had a dream last halloween that made me wake up and almost wet myself.

I was in a dark arena, it looked like one of those old Roman arena's where gladiator's would fight in. However, it was covered and only a pillar of light was shining through the ceiling.

Anyway, I'm standing there wondering what i'm doing and I hear chains start to rattle and a slight moaning. I head towards the direction of the chains and see drops of blood on the floor, the blood was pulsating, it was strange.

My instinct screamed at me to stop moving as the chain rattles got louder and louder. I could hear faint footsteps heading towards me so i pause.

Stepping into the light, a woman chained stumbles towards me, her body was turned inside out, everything was exposed, she was a bloody mess. Her legs were inverted like a dog's and she was wailing while the chains that held her were clanging against the floor, I did not know what to do. I was horrified. Luckily, I woke up.

Scariest halloween for me.

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 01:08 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

O_O We have a driveway like that! *vows to invest in child-locks when she has children*

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 08:35 PM
link   
my experience is more creepy than scary..

well a couple of years ago, my friends father came home from work, he was a trucker so his health condition wasn't to great and he would complain about his chest hurting all the time.. well one morning i woke up to police cars and an ambulance outside of his house..he had a heart attack in the bathroom, and my father was apparently having a cigarette when his daughter came running outside and asked my father to help her's.. so he went upstairs and my friends father was lying on the floor and he was shaking and pretty much dying right there so when the ambulance came it was too late and he passed away.. but recently they sold the house and now my uncle has bought it so every time i go there and use that bathroom, its like i have a strange feeling like someone is in there with me and no lie.. my i feel chest pains when i am in there as well, its like hes still in that bathroom.. its kinda creepy because my family says the same thing and i didn't mention anything to them because i thought it was just me

i was wondering..
has this kinda thing ever happened to anyone else?
where the feel the presence of someone who passed away in certain areas?

posted on Oct, 1 2009 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Three experienced hot air balloon fliers and an observer were killed today when their balloon struck a television tower and deflated, falling 1,000 feet to the ground.

The balloon accident was the worst in the country since at least 1982, when the National Transportation Safety Board began keeping records on balloon accidents, said a board spokesman in Washington.......................
It was december 12th 1990. I was sitting at a light looking straight up at the hot air balloon. I was worried as it got close to the television station antenna. Very suddenly the balloon hit the tower and immediately deflated when the tower point pricked the side of the balloon. I watched 4 people fall to their deaths about 3oo feet from me. I don't know how many lights I sat thu before I could move. I think I was in shock.

Move forward a few years. I lived in moon township Pa. The next hill (big hill) over from the airport. I had been out on my second floor balcony to take a break from work. I worked at home. I looked up into the sky at the precice moment that flight 427 nosedived straight down into the hill. No one survived. The clean up crew/ fire dept/emt's etc had to have extensive therapy because of what they had to clean up. When the plane went down, there was an explosion BEFORE it nose dived. Later luggage was recovered from a nearby golf course. There was a cover up on this..................

Im not over either incident. Its true horror watching people die.

[edit on 1-10-2009 by Magantice]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join