N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine

page: 2
87
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:33 AM
link   
If they don't take the shot, contract the illness and then by proxy kill a patient with a compromised immune system, is it still ok?

Health care workers have always been the first line of vaccinations for a reason.

This says more about the poor quality and low quality of health care workers that are out there in my opinion.

any responsible person who is constantly interacting with others, especially others who are frail or are compromised with their health should be up to date on all their vaccinations.

I am perplexed as to why these people wouldn't take their shots just because of the environment they work in.

This paranoia is getting retarded and is mostly unwarranted and nonsense fueled by people who couldn't tell a dust mite from a plague virus under a microscope.

A1 ridiculousness. Bravo you stupid health care workers, maybe someone else should have your jobs you reckless and dispassionate idiots.


ps: for those of you who are on the "canadian studies show the virus is spread through vaccination" I suggest you actually don't follow the hearsay and actually go and read what is being done in canada.

Because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL. In fact it is an outright lie.

This vaccine is new, this flu strain is new. Will some people be effected negatively? Yes, as always is the case. Will the majority of people benefit? Yes as is always the case.
Please don't fall victim to the stupid rants of paranoid people.

take care.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by djusdjus]




posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:36 AM
link   
Let the courts decide it what i say. I know there are things going on in this country that most of us don't like but the rule of law will prevail in my opinion. I still fully believe that most judges believe in the constitution and bill of rights. If they fire these people for not taking a flu shot they feel is unsafe then they all should file a class action lawsuit against the state of New York and the medical board or whatever. They cannot fire someone for failing to get a flu shot that they don't want. If they in fact end up losing the case then it doesn't matter cause who the hell would want to live and work in the U.S. anymore anyway if the constitution and bill of right no longer apply to us.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus
 


Is there ANY proof that the vaccinations help reduce infections in large groups of people? Bashing the people that take care of you when you're sick isn't going to help anything. I'm sure they know more about the subject than you do.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigyin
I too am a trained nurse, although I dont do it as a job at the moment.

My understanding is that there are not enough nurses to go around. Just imagine what will happen if the nurses they do have start leaving in droves because they dont want the jab.

In the end the system will have to rehire these same nurses at some point, and very soon too if the pandemic does actually materialise.

What the nurses should do is walk out now.... then dont go back till you have guaranteed rights and huge increase in pay for all your trouble.

TPTB in the health care system will sh1t their pants.

Fight fire with fire

[edit on 30-9-2009 by bigyin]


High praise goes to this member who has just pointed out the above very tactful strategy for dealing with these cogs who follow monsters.

I hope that more healthcare workers think like this member does because I think this plan that this member has suggested would actually work and teach TPTB a healthy lesson!



[edit on 30-9-2009 by 3DPrisoner]



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus
 


The vaccine is experimental. They don't even know if it will actually prevent anyone from getting H1N1. It contains squalene and thimerosal combined. Take the time to look up these two subtances and you may think twice about wanting it injected into your body. Good luck to you if you choose to get the shot.


FDA's Vaccine and Related Biologic Products Advisory Committee (VRBPAC) meeting held on July 23rd that the H1N1 vaccine is going to be laced with the mercury containing preservative thimerosal. That's right, the same thimerosal that was banned in influenza vaccines in California and several other states starting in 2004. The reason? The mercury-laden toxin has been linked to a number of health concerns

www.naturalnews.com...

Health workers can do several things to prevent the spread of H1N1 without having to risk their health by taking an experimental vaccine. They can wear masks and wash their hands when leaving a patient and before tending to a new patient. They are already taking these steps to prevent the spread of the virus.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:59 AM
link   
Forget all of the reasons about why healthcare workers should get a vaccine, and for one moment think about this:

When is the last time you recall hearing about doctors and nurses being FEARFUL about getting a vaccine?

I really, at this point, don't care about all of the reasons why they should be protected first. The only thing I frankly care about is the fact that if doctors and nurses are fighting to NOT have this "stuff" injected into them -- there's no way in HELL I'm sticking my arm out for it!!

NOTE: Yes, this is a very selfish post and I realize that there is a bigger picture involved in the discussion. However, I am from NJ and have unitl October 30th to get my son vaccinated or he can no longer attend preschool. So at the moment I am suffering from extreme tunnel vision on this subject!!



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:02 PM
link   
reply to post by sad_eyed_lady
 


Guys, calm down! Its just a shot! My grandfather was told by his physician to start getting the flu shot which he never once received in his 84 years alive. So, he followed the Dr.s orders. The only thing that happened to him that year was being diagnosed with 2 types of Leukemia, (one being uncurable), neumonia, and a sudden respiratory problem they found was caused by his blood plate count being way off. Not a big deal people...

They said a black man would be president when pigs fly, only months into the Obama presidency Swine Flu



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Erasurehead
 


Funny avatar! I cracked up thinking about that presidential dance off video on You Tube, at the end Obama says "hmmm Kadunkadunk"



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
And...here....we...go! Stand up New York. Stand up everyone!!! the nation can not force a vaccine on us!!!



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   
response to a couple of you:

1. There is no study that shows the H1N1 virus is spread through vaccination.

2. The vaccine is NOT experimental. IN teh US it doesn't include the adjutant and in Canada it does.

3. There have been issues with the vaccine and how it works with regular influenza vaccination. These are being resolved NOW.

4. Vaccinations in Canada aren't even set to begin until teh end of October and the beginning of November.

so, in summary, someone is reading total garbage about this and it just makes me frustrated that there are so many eager minds ready and willing to accept these lies while claiming they are in fact not ignorant.

That, is why this forum is at times the most ridiculous thing ever. Alternative news is one thing, paranoid ranting fabricated narratives are another entirely.

Do your homework and don't simply believe what you read based on emotional content.

You want to be aware? BE AWARE.

It is that simple. Put in some dang effort to study the material being dropped here.

thanks.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
If they don't take the shot, contract the illness and then by proxy kill a patient with a compromised immune system, is it still ok?

Health care workers have always been the first line of vaccinations for a reason.

This says more about the poor quality and low quality of health care workers that are out there in my opinion.

any responsible person who is constantly interacting with others, especially others who are frail or are compromised with their health should be up to date on all their vaccinations.

I am perplexed as to why these people wouldn't take their shots just because of the environment they work in.

This paranoia is getting retarded and is mostly unwarranted and nonsense fueled by people who couldn't tell a dust mite from a plague virus under a microscope.

A1 ridiculousness. Bravo you stupid health care workers, maybe someone else should have your jobs you reckless and dispassionate idiots.


ps: for those of you who are on the "canadian studies show the virus is spread through vaccination" I suggest you actually don't follow the hearsay and actually go and read what is being done in canada.

Because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL. In fact it is an outright lie.

This vaccine is new, this flu strain is new. Will some people be effected negatively? Yes, as always is the case. Will the majority of people benefit? Yes as is always the case.
Please don't fall victim to the stupid rants of paranoid people.

take care.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by djusdjus]




Very well said. Its the FEAR thats spreading like a pandemic.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
If they don't take the shot, contract the illness and then by proxy kill a patient with a compromised immune system, is it still ok?

Health care workers have always been the first line of vaccinations for a reason.

This says more about the poor quality and low quality of health care workers that are out there in my opinion.

any responsible person who is constantly interacting with others, especially others who are frail or are compromised with their health should be up to date on all their vaccinations.

I am perplexed as to why these people wouldn't take their shots just because of the environment they work in.

This paranoia is getting retarded and is mostly unwarranted and nonsense fueled by people who couldn't tell a dust mite from a plague virus under a microscope.

A1 ridiculousness. Bravo you stupid health care workers, maybe someone else should have your jobs you reckless and dispassionate idiots.


ps: for those of you who are on the "canadian studies show the virus is spread through vaccination" I suggest you actually don't follow the hearsay and actually go and read what is being done in canada.

Because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL. In fact it is an outright lie.

This vaccine is new, this flu strain is new. Will some people be effected negatively? Yes, as always is the case. Will the majority of people benefit? Yes as is always the case.
Please don't fall victim to the stupid rants of paranoid people.

take care.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by djusdjus]


You are very lucky that this site does not allow personal attacks, although then maybe your post should be deleted as you are personally attacking these brave health care workers....

Honestly, you have a lot of maturing to do, and you need to do research before you start spewing your opinions, because it makes you look very naive and uninformed. You clearly have no knowledge of anything healthcare related, and as much as I would love to sit here and give all the facts to show how completely ridiculous you sound, it is simply not worth the effort. People like you are the first who need to be gotten rid of for any real progression to occur in this country. At least be informed or have experience in the field on which you are commenting.

Back on track, I applaud these workers, and I can't wait for my opportunity to stand up against this violation of our freedom, that is if they don't defeat it before it gets here. We must stand together, the people trust us with their health, it is our obligation to uphold the best health decisions, not just follow along with mandates passed down from greedy politicians. The raping of our freedoms must stop here, and I am so proud to be part of a field with real power to stand up and fight.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by VivaConMuerte

Honestly, you have a lot of maturing to do, and you need to do research before you start spewing your opinions, because it makes you look very naive and uninformed. You clearly have no knowledge of anything healthcare related, and as much as I would love to sit here and give all the facts to show how completely ridiculous you sound, it is simply not worth the effort. People like you are the first who need to be gotten rid of for any real progression to occur in this country. At least be informed or have experience in the field on which you are commenting.

Back on track, I applaud these workers, and I can't wait for my opportunity to stand up against this violation of our freedom, that is if they don't defeat it before it gets here. We must stand together, the people trust us with their health, it is our obligation to uphold the best health decisions, not just follow along with mandates passed down from greedy politicians. The raping of our freedoms must stop here, and I am so proud to be part of a field with real power to stand up and fight.



Attacking someone else for their opinion. Oh how mature.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
response to a couple of you:

1. There is no study that shows the H1N1 virus is spread through vaccination.

2. The vaccine is NOT experimental. IN teh US it doesn't include the adjutant and in Canada it does.

3. There have been issues with the vaccine and how it works with regular influenza vaccination. These are being resolved NOW.

4. Vaccinations in Canada aren't even set to begin until teh end of October and the beginning of November.

so, in summary, someone is reading total garbage about this and it just makes me frustrated that there are so many eager minds ready and willing to accept these lies while claiming they are in fact not ignorant.

That, is why this forum is at times the most ridiculous thing ever. Alternative news is one thing, paranoid ranting fabricated narratives are another entirely.

Do your homework and don't simply believe what you read based on emotional content.

You want to be aware? BE AWARE.

It is that simple. Put in some dang effort to study the material being dropped here.

thanks.


Keep digging your hole, everyone who is reading this thread for information please remember that this user's posts are solely his opinion, and are not based on any fact. Make your decisions based on your own research and listen to real health care workers when dealing with health issues.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4thetruth



Attacking someone else for their opinion. Oh how mature.


Attacking? Did I call anyone's opinion stupid, retarded, or anything like that?? At least stand up for something that is valid, don't just pick a side because you agree with the opinion. The user I responded to was simply attacking these health care workers who have much more knowledge of the situation, which is naive and uninformed as I stated. That is not an attack, it is not hard to understand, take your time when reading.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:33 PM
link   
Ok, here's why this is complete crap! Being vaccinated DOES NOT prevent you from carrying or transmitting the virus!!! Let me repeat that just in case anybody was too dense to absorb that. Receiving the A H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine WILL NOT prevent doctors or nurses from carrying or transmitting the flu virus! Most flu virus can survive outside the human body for up to 24 hours; on surfaces, in fluids etc... If a nurse treats a patient who has the swine flu, the ONLY way that transmission to the next pateitn is prevented is if she washes thoroughly AND is wearing a mask!

The only inherent benefit (speculative I should add) of FORCING someone to take the vaccine is that it prevents THEM, the recipient, from contracting the flu, assuming the vaccine is effective. While that person is defeating the virus internally, they are still likely to be able to carry and transmit the virus to others during the first 24 to 36 hours of their infection. So, as any sane and logical individual can clearly surmise, there is something else going on when you force healthcare wrokers to take the vaccine as it does almost nothing to protect potential patients from the virus.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:39 PM
link   
A quick example of whats going on (about 30 minutes north of me).....

Guthrie Corning Hospital Staff are divided over the mandated immunizations in NYS. At the same time, Hospital Senior Board members are making appearances on local News stations claiming that the fears and concerns of the H1N1 vaccine are unfounded and the Hospital Board strongly backs NYS's push for this vaccine.

I don't have a link to provide, as the local small time news companies don't always duplicate these stories to their respective websites. But I can say, that these comments have been aired on the following local networks:

WETM 18 (NBC - Elmira NY)
WENY 36 (ABC - Elmira NY)
News10 (Independent/Time Warner - Syracuse/Binghamton NY)

NYS reports that over 500,000 NY Health Care Providers are the ones targeted. At this time, "regular" citizens are NOT mandated to accept the vaccine.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
Ok, here's why this is complete crap! Being vaccinated DOES NOT prevent you from carrying or transmitting the virus!!! Let me repeat that just in case anybody was too dense to absorb that. Receiving the A H1N1 Swine Flu vaccine WILL NOT prevent doctors or nurses from carrying or transmitting the flu virus! Most flu virus can survive outside the human body for up to 24 hours; on surfaces, in fluids etc... If a nurse treats a patient who has the swine flu, the ONLY way that transmission to the next pateitn is prevented is if she washes thoroughly AND is wearing a mask!

The only inherent benefit (speculative I should add) of FORCING someone to take the vaccine is that it prevents THEM, the recipient, from contracting the flu, assuming the vaccine is effective. While that person is defeating the virus internally, they are still likely to be able to carry and transmit the virus to others during the first 24 to 36 hours of their infection. So, as any sane and logical individual can clearly surmise, there is something else going on when you force healthcare wrokers to take the vaccine as it does almost nothing to protect potential patients from the virus.


Thank you for stating some of the info I wanted to, isn't it frightening how uninformed so many are when it comes to their own health?? Just because some agency stamps the word "vaccine" on a shot everyone believes that it will protect them and everyone around them. Most don't even realize how much more dangerous seasonal flu is than swine flu, and that the more vaccinations that come out and they take are just making us inch one step closer to the mutation of a true super flu that will do some real damage.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by djusdjus
2. The vaccine is NOT experimental. IN the US it doesn't include the adjutant and in Canada it does.


Then why has California lifted the ban on mercury in the vaccines?

You called these nurses idiots? What about the physicians in this country who refuse the vaccine. Are they idiots as well?

This vaccine has not been thouroughly tested and you really ought to consider the source.



posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   


NY healthcare rally.





new topics

top topics



 
87
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

log in

join