It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

N.Y. Health Care Workers Revolt Over H1N1 Vaccine

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Freenrgy2

Originally posted by djusdjus
2. The vaccine is NOT experimental. IN the US it doesn't include the adjutant and in Canada it does.

Then why has California lifted the ban on mercury in the vaccines?

You called these nurses idiots? What about the physicians in this country who refuse the vaccine. Are they idiots as well?

This vaccine has not been thouroughly tested and you really ought to consider the source.

The people that matter know the answers, but I do appreciate you trying to reach out to this young-minded individual. Although, I am afraid you are just throwing food under the bridge, and you know what comes out when you do that....

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by djusdjus

Incorrect, the swine flu that we have right now is the same strain as the last time we had a brake in 1976, the vaccine used in 1976 cause deaths and paralysis, the pharma doesn't want to come out clean and tell that they have fixed the vaccine.

For the contrary they now enjoy immunity for damages and so the government.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MadDogtheHunter
A quick example of whats going on (about 30 minutes north of me).....

Guthrie Corning Hospital Staff are divided over the mandated immunizations in NYS. At the same time, Hospital Senior Board members are making appearances on local News stations claiming that the fears and concerns of the H1N1 vaccine are unfounded and the Hospital Board strongly backs NYS's push for this vaccine.

I don't have a link to provide, as the local small time news companies don't always duplicate these stories to their respective websites. But I can say, that these comments have been aired on the following local networks:

WETM 18 (NBC - Elmira NY)
WENY 36 (ABC - Elmira NY)
News10 (Independent/Time Warner - Syracuse/Binghamton NY)

NYS reports that over 500,000 NY Health Care Providers are the ones targeted. At this time, "regular" citizens are NOT mandated to accept the vaccine.

I did find one local News video regarding the protests locally:

It can't be embeded, so heres the link....

WETM 18 - Mandated Vaccine Protests

[edit on 9/30/2009 by MadDogtheHunter]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:49 PM
link   

If they don't take the shot, contract the illness and then by proxy kill a patient with a compromised immune system, is it still ok?

I would like to see from the NYS Dept of Health or by your own research, even a valid suggestion of this occuring.

Health care workers have always been the first line of vaccinations for a reason.

Annually, 58% of medical staff REFUSE annual vaccination Nationally and 33% worldwide.

This says more about the poor quality and low quality of health care workers that are out there in my opinion.

Thank God your opinion is just that and holds no weight and is extremely innacurate.

This paranoia is getting retarded and is mostly unwarranted and nonsense fueled by people who couldn't tell a dust mite from a plague virus under a microscope.

A1 ridiculousness. Bravo you stupid health care workers, maybe someone else should have your jobs you reckless and dispassionate idiots.

I take it you have expertise in these fields since your knocking everyone for their point of view according to the research they've done, then express your opinion. Have you researched any of the topics as stated from the professionals?

It's passed by the FDA yet it is obviously not FULLY tested as they will be tracking the SIDE EFFECTS. So if it was FULLY TESTED they wouldn't have to track side effects because they would already have been known.

Also ask yourself how and why the FDA would approve of Thimerosal to be used as a preservative when it contains Mercury which is directly attributed to autism and neurological disorders?

So for someone to make the allegations you have and state they're your OPINION with out any factual evidence or research, then to slander these proffesionals who actually have dedicated their lives to this field as, and I quote...

you stupid health care workers
and

dispassionate idiots
just shows how irrational you are in your perception of this and that you let your emotion superscede your intelligence.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   
I am an RN and have been for 25 years. In CA there is a religious ground for not taking the vaccine. I've refused ALL vaccines for the last 15 years when I found out that that the Hep B vaccine TRIPLES the risk of getting MS (multiple sclerosis.) I have a bumper sticker that says "Vaccines Make $$$ but NO SENSE." I'm sharing videos everywhere I go because I am REALLY PISSED OFF. I've been thinking about a class action suit against government, hospitals and whoever because they had this information but figured we were dumbed down enough in school to believe this crap. Wouldn't this fall into the category of CONSPIRACY TO COMMIT PREMEDITATED HARM/MURDER? This is one RN they had better not piss off any more. I've got research studies up the wazoo that show that single cell organisms (bacteria, fungus, virus) CANNOT live in a well hydrated body. Everybody make sure you drink 1/2 of your body weight a day in ounces and then add 1.5 ounces of water for every ounce of soda, coffee, alcohol, etc. you drink. In the meantime, I'm watching these pathetic government officials like a HAWK and will keep everyone informed.

Peace, Love & Joy

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching4thetruth

ps: for those of you who are on the "canadian studies show the virus is spread through vaccination" I suggest you actually don't follow the hearsay and actually go and read what is being done in canada.

Because that is NOT TRUE AT ALL. In fact it is an outright lie.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by djusdjus]

What they are saying is that people receiving the NORMAL flu vaccine are becoming MORE vulnerable to contracting SWINE FLU.

And my point, like most, is that the kinks should be worked out BEFORE mass vaccinations, not after.

For every drug on the market, in the US at least, there are rigorous clinical trials that go on for YEARS.

This is how they determine whether or not the risks associated with a medicine outweigh its benefits.

Suddenly with Swine Flu they have been able to condense this entire process into less than a year?

I don't buy it.

Once again, with everything else in the last ten months, it is being rammed down our throats and we are being told to just "trust the government" to have our best interests at heart.

I don't know how you were brought up, but in my world "trust government (no matter who's in office)" is an oxymoron.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Revealation

If they don't take the shot, contract the illness and then by proxy kill a patient with a compromised immune system, is it still ok?

I would like to see from the NYS Dept of Health or by your own research, even a valid suggestion of this occuring.

Health care workers have always been the first line of vaccinations for a reason.

Annually, 58% of medical staff REFUSE annual vaccination Nationally and 33% worldwide.

This says more about the poor quality and low quality of health care workers that are out there in my opinion.

Thank God your opinion is just that and holds no weight and is extremely innacurate.

This paranoia is getting retarded and is mostly unwarranted and nonsense fueled by people who couldn't tell a dust mite from a plague virus under a microscope.

A1 ridiculousness. Bravo you stupid health care workers, maybe someone else should have your jobs you reckless and dispassionate idiots.

I take it you have expertise in these fields since your knocking everyone for their point of view according to the research they've done, then express your opinion. Have you researched any of the topics as stated from the professionals?

It's passed by the FDA yet it is obviously not FULLY tested as they will be tracking the SIDE EFFECTS. So if it was FULLY TESTED they wouldn't have to track side effects because they would already have been known.

Also ask yourself how and why the FDA would approve of Thimerosal to be used as a preservative when it contains Mercury which is directly attributed to autism and neurological disorders?

So for someone to make the allegations you have and state they're your OPINION with out any factual evidence or research, then to slander these proffesionals who actually have dedicated their lives to this field as, and I quote...

you stupid health care workers
and

dispassionate idiots
just shows how irrational you are in your perception of this and that you let your emotion superscede your intelligence.

Very well put! Even his trolling buddy searching4thetruth won't be able to respond after this.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   
reply to post by VivaConMuerte

Thanks.Yeah it's time to either do research or get back under the bridge.

[edit on 30/9/2009 by Revealation]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

[edit on 30-9-2009 by djusdjus]

I have to disagree with this. If the doctors and nurses with all their training don't know more about the issue than John Q. Public then who does? Baxter Pharmaceuticals, CDC, the President? These trials were rushed with no proof they could prevent swine flu. It's a moneymaker at our expense.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:10 PM
link   
ahhh you beat me to the post,

i tip my hat to you

must be important tho, we both are on the front page (with the same thread title and all)

to the health care workers fighting this!

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:27 PM
link   
This is occurring right now at my office...

My co-worker went in and got the regular seasonal flu shot last Thursday. She was complaining on Friday of feeling odd that same night. She looked like crap on Monday and yesterday (Tuesday) she called in sick and said she had a fever.

Not even an hour later another coworker called in and said he was going home after being at a clients all morning because he was feeling really bad and could barely concentrate. Since he hadn't been in the office yet, he had no idea that she also called in sick. I asked him and he said he didn't get any shot. Then I told him about our coworker getting it.

I am now feeling under the weather as of last night and am progressively feeling crappier as the day goes on. My personal conclusion? My coworker got the shot with a semi-live virus (or whatever the heck you call it), contracted the flu and has now passed it on to at least two of us at work here.

This is absolutely ludicrous. Me and another person now have the freaking flu because someone didn't want the flu, got the shot, and now has the flu. So, apparently, it doesn't matter if I get the shot or not. If someone I'm around a lot gets the shot, I'll get the flu and so will they. Now she has missed two days and the other guy has missed one and a half days and if I keep getting worse throughout the day, I will be missing at least one day.

edit to add:

On topic, one of my bosses also works at one of the local hospitals and told us yesterday that the staff there has been informed that are required to get the flu shot. He said only some will get the swine shot, since there isn't enough supply here yet. But they will get one shot or the other. He said they don't do this every year.

I haven't heard anything about any protests though. I really hope someone does.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by nunya13]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:28 PM
link   
It is illegal for the GOVERNMENT to make these flu shots mandatory...
However if you work for a private industry...YOUR EMPLOYER can make the flu shot mandatory. That is a gray line right there. So if a GOV'T EMPLOYEE IS FIRED, expect a class action lawsuits by all of those who lose their jobs.
As for those working in private healthcare practices, good luck.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Bob Lonsberry was just on the radio discussing this. He is a Mormom Righty talker in Rochester and Utah somewhere. He went on and on about what is really best for these people. I do not care what people think of vaccines or this vaccine or any of that. I do however find it quite humorous that some talking face on the radio knows better than health workers about their health. I hope some New Yorkers know who I am talking about.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Just watched CNN "report" on this --

Here's the propaganda:

Report claimed to show both sides. Never spoke to anyone. Reporter gives the impression that it's a work issue. Says the fear is that unless they get the vaccine they'll infect the sick people.

BUT... WHEN SPECIFICALLY ASKED WHAT REASON THERE COULD BE FOR FEAR OF THE VACCINE we are NOT TOLD anything about the 1976 commercials and propaganda to convince people to take a vaccine against SWINE FLU and the resulting sickness, paralysis, and death from that vaccine.

They also never mention that BAXTER put viruses in the vaccines they shipped overseas. Nor do they mention the fact that a vaccine was patented prior to the new flu even existing.

Funny how they missed all that.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lpowell0627
Forget all of the reasons about why healthcare workers should get a vaccine, and for one moment think about this:

When is the last time you recall hearing about doctors and nurses being FEARFUL about getting a vaccine?

I really, at this point, don't care about all of the reasons why they should be protected first. The only thing I frankly care about is the fact that if doctors and nurses are fighting to NOT have this "stuff" injected into them -- there's no way in HELL I'm sticking my arm out for it!!

NOTE: Yes, this is a very selfish post and I realize that there is a bigger picture involved in the discussion. However, I am from NJ and have unitl October 30th to get my son vaccinated or he can no longer attend preschool. So at the moment I am suffering from extreme tunnel vision on this subject!!

I am from NJ and was not aware of any mandatory vaccines for children attending school. Is this a public school?

My wife teaches in a private school and my child attends the same school and there is no talk of mandatory H1N1 vaccines. We have already discussed it and decided that our child will not be getting the vaccine. It's not worth the risk. Good luck to you and don't let anyone else make decisions when it comes to the health of your child..

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Another thing I want to say about flu shots is that afaik it doesn't stop you getting the flu, all it does is help fight it off once you have it. It builds up resistance to it, so that if/when you get it your body can rally some antibodies to start fighting the infection. So you may still get the flu but you should not suffer as much or for so long with it.

So the argument that getting the shot will prevent healthcare workers from spreading the infection is rubbish. They will still spread any infection that is available to be spread. Having a shot won't make any difference to that.

The only reason anybody shud take the vaccine is if they personally would like to not suffer as bad with the flu. Say for example you have some respiratory illness which makes you more vulnerable.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I look at it this way. What does our body do? It heals itself. Period. Medical Drs seem to just treat symptoms without ever searching for the real problem. Keep yourself active, try to eat healthy, add a good multivitamin, and drink pleanty of water. Just plain water! Will you get the flu? possibly, but you will get back on your feet a lot sooner if you try to have some semblance of a healthy lifestyle. Another thing that will help you is to relieve some stress. Stress ages us, drains us and kills out immune system. Plus, we all seem to do unhealthy things to ourselves when stressed such as not sleeping, drinking, or overeating. Take 5 minutes in the morning and 5 at night. just sit down and think of the things you have and are thankful for every night.

my 2¢

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by marnacla
I've got research studies up the wazoo that show that single cell organisms (bacteria, fungus, virus) CANNOT live in a well hydrated body.

Please post the research papers or provide the source where they were published? I'd like to read the papers?

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:19 PM
link   
ALERT: SWINE FLU FASCISM - IF YOUR KID AIN'T VACCINATED - THEY'RE KICKED OUT OF SCHOOL!

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Listen to what the COMMANDER in Chief says @ 38 seconds into the video.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join