It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: Brazil Declassifies New Set UFO Secrets Documents

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+58 more 
posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good Day Forumerions,

By A. J. Gevaerd, Editor, Brazilian UFO Magazine sends us this latest info on Brazilain Disclosure:

The Brazilian Government has just declassified a new set of significant previously secret UFO documents, now covering the 80s. We already had disclosures covering the 50s, 60s and 70s, all with very important documents and information. So far over 4,000 pages have been disclosed.

The rest of the story . . .

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Haha, Frank, I don't think there has ever been a thread of yours that I didn't star and flag. You always come up with the most fascinating developments in the UFO field. Much respect and thanks for your continued diligence in the fight for disclosure my friend.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

This is possibly the beginning!

I truly hope the unexpected country brazil brings disclosure to the world!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Thx for posting

A question occurs to me every time I see a government do this.

Why do they come out with these documents in fits and spurts. You get this time periods documents this month... and in a few more you can have those that relate to the 90's ... and in a few more you can have another batch.. etc. etc.

Why not just all at once?

A silly question maybe but it bugs the crap outta me.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:22 PM
link   
Starred and flagged, I cannot adequately express to you how exciting this is thank you, thank you, thank you

I think this is another step towards disclosure by people grown impatient of waiting for American agencies to do what they should.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

Slowly getting us ready for major announcement, like aliens are all around us in human form or... they are in our atmosphere at this moment in time, or something like that!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Frank Warren

Thanks for increasing our collective body of knowledge! S&F'd!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:28 PM
link   
reply to post by The Songwriter

My guesses would run more towards... Making sure that everything that should be blacked out and censored, actually is blacked out and censored (or omitted completely).. but that's probably just me not trusting governments of any nationality or their representatives

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:31 PM
link   
Brazil and all of the other countries declassifying UFO document but have yet to see anything of interest surface on the net.
Can't remember the site, but, if you want them from the UK you can buy some files but they still have blacked out sections.
Prepare us for what we should have know years ago.
Be prepared not scared.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
My guesses would run more towards... Making sure that everything that should be blacked out and censored, actually is blacked out and censored (or omitted completely).. but that's probably just me not trusting governments of any nationality or their representatives

I'm of the exact same opinion as you, as to why they take this long to release the documents: making sure everything that should be blacked out is.

I submit to you the notion, however, that perhaps there are no nefarious motives behind this, but simply blacking out things that the declassification laws impose.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:42 PM
link   
To be honest these files are nothing more than what anyone could read in a Ufology Book, the only difference being the sightings were reported to the military and filed rather than to private investigators.
I don't see why people take these files so seriously, especially when the vast majority have been blanked out and could even be dis-information to prevent us finding out the truth even further.

Not one file i've ever read has actually had substantial proof that the military or governments acknowledges the existance of UFO's.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by ROBL240
Not one file i've ever read has actually had substantial proof that the military or governments acknowledges the existance of UFO's.

I'll assume you mean extra-terrestrial life. Anyway, have you considered the possibility that, particularly the French, British and Brazilian Governments don't have substantial proof of extra-terrestrial visitation?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Unfortunately all of the documents seem to be in Portuguese, but this is a great step forward by Brazil. Thanks for sharing.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
Thx for posting

A question occurs to me every time I see a government do this.

Why do they come out with these documents in fits and spurts. You get this time periods documents this month... and in a few more you can have those that relate to the 90's ... and in a few more you can have another batch.. etc. etc.

Why not just all at once?

A silly question maybe but it bugs the crap outta me.

Not enough people reviewing them for privacy or secret info. I know in Canada every document released to the public has to be gone through line by line for names of people involved or other info covered under the privacy act. Also anything that has info on how data is collected is blackout out.

I had a flood and it destroyed a bunch of files of data I had (mostly corrospondance) with my county on the purchase of land. I used the freedom of information act to request copies of them back fro the county. It took 3 months for them to get them to me and my name was blacked out in places because of privacy issues.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 03:31 PM
link   
To All,

Thanks to all for the S & F's as well as the kind words; however, I'm just the messenger in this instance and the thanks goes to AJ and his colleagues and their collective efforts in bringing these matters to light.

Cheers,
Frank

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I think they are are simply preparing us for what we know already. It seems obvious someone some where didnt want it out in one shot.

Why? imagine all the Choas for the hardcore Christians and other religion followers that would die for their god. This could change the entire history of humanity and all those who lost their lives preaching religion all of a sudden realize they preached lies to everyone and they been fooled. But those wouldnt be the only ones that would not like that idea. Historians would of lost all their lives studying what they believed was fact to come to the conclusion its all an illusion. Scientist wouldnt like it either to know that most of their thories are actually false and there is much smarter then us and much more advanced. To be pointed out that your physics and chemistry is for them child play and that we got it all wrong would detroy lots of peoples lives.

What would be the out come is a good question: Everyone would go crazy, everyone would riot because the Gov knew it all a long?

It think its obvious we are not alone for many reasons. But I usually go by feeling. The same feeling that tells me this is wrong leave and next day in the news there were gun shots at the exact location I was. The same feeling that tells me something about that guy is not right next thing I learn he died ... But thats just me.

They are just letting us know what they want us to know. yes I know about canadian privacy act but my friends I can assure you they blank out more then they should to cover what they dont want us to know.

I think one day we are simply going to see one of their ships. Why would they relly on our leaders to announce their existance if they are benevolant seeing what our goverments do to us. Why encourage more crime and non-sense. In the other hand if they want something from us they will be stategic and cut a deal with our own leaders for what they want. In exchange the usual wealth, power etc ...

I think humans are important or a danger to the rest of the universe. still dont know wich one. I think for some reason they fear us more then we fear them. (Just an other feeling) Maybe not all of the species but most. Then again I might be wrong ... guess we'll have to wit and see what happens next.

Think about it ...

S&F for you my friend (Frank Warren)

Trust No One, Fear No One ...

[edit on 28-9-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

[edit on 28-9-2009 by NIGHTRID3R]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:05 PM
link   

I noticed that too and it also drives me crazy. I couldn't help but wonder if they are reviewing and editing the information before they decide to release it, making us think we are getting the real deal but in reality, are not.

Maybe the full amount of information won't be sufficient for their agenda so they only release what won't stir things up to much.

Something is up for sure.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by N3krostatic]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
intersting, but typical.
they tell us what they knew to be top secret stuff from 40 years ago, and today, they are now 40 years ahead of t he public knowledge technology wise.
by 2040 well know wahts going on right now, fantastic!

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   

In answer to this question, I imagine that given the vastness of material that requires dissemination, that there is a large number of man hours involved and quite likely an insubstantial budget to match.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 05:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ROBL240

You are absolutely right, we get files containing sketches and eye witness reports - the newly released 80's files include (according to the link) the reports on Brazil's "Night of the UFO's" in 1986, when 21 spherical objects that were 100ft. in diameter "jammed the airspace" above Brazil's major airports - including Sao Paolo and Rio - for more than an hour. These Objects were detected on radar, were seen from the ground and air, and were chased by Mirage and F-5 jets. Watershed moment, right? History making....Yet the released files are only a collection of written reports, sketches and some radar data....no photos, no gun camera footage....now we know that both of those planes have gun cameras - where is it? Certainly no Brazilian military technology/methods/tactics from 1986 can still be classified at this point...so why don't we get the footage released with the file? Maybe the pilots didn't think it was an important event (happens every day, right?).
Just be conscious about the possiblity that this is some sort of delaying tactic, release just enough to keep the dogs off...or an attempt by governments to say - "Okay, there you go - that's all of it" to get the "hardcores" off their backs.
That being said, I think that we can safely say that a common thread that runs through all that we have seen released to this point - regardless of what Country is releasing the information - is the impression one gets from the files that this phenomenon is of unknown origin, and that we are powerless to stop, control or prevent it from occurring. If this impression is correct and these are alien spacecraft visiting this planet, perhaps this is not such a bad thing. Maybe it means someone out there is looking out for us. Maybe it means that we're all just a big experiment. Maybe it means that we are MEANT to get that impression from the material released, and the truth is something else completely. Until we get the "Good Stuff", we're not going to know.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join