It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A new push to define 'person,' and to outlaw abortion in the process

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by quackers
An unborn foetus is a parasite

please explain how it is a parasite?

and if you respond how I think you will then it's the same as a baby, a toddler or even worse a teenager.

you financially support them, they eat off you, live off you, you dress them, and if it's a baby then mothers have to breast feed them.

By that definition all sons and daughters are parasites until they leave the house and find their own jobs.

please explain yourself by differentiating your explanation from my above analogy.
thanks

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:43 AM
link   
Sounds fine to me.

Because, you being a person doesn't give you rights to set up house in my internal organs.

Your mere personhood doesn't suffice. Your inability to support your own life doesn't entitle you to the resources of my body, nor the use of my organs to support yourself.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

That story is so full of bs.

A 1 year old in a bassinet?

An infants long term memory doesn't even begin to develop until about 1 years old. So you would have us believe that remember one of your first memories?

You remember why you was crying?

Next time make up a believable story to pad your arguement with.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I tire of these shallow arguments on this profound subject of a woman's right of choice.

Norma McCorvey is symbolic of the dire situation that any woman can find herself in at any moment.

Norma was a carnival worker and had not the resources to raise a child. Pro-lifers do not consider the results of bringing a child into a world that does not want them.

Women are scorned because they choose to abort a child they have not the means to raise responsibly then they are scorned for asking for public assistance when they follow the advice of their own conscience and have their babies.

And for those that preach responsibility toward prevention...do any of you know a mother that has been abandoned by the father of a baby? Try aiming your high powered judgments at them.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Oh OK so I am lying am I? I most assuredly am not. I remember the feeling and emotions that I had and have translated them years later into what I believed those emotions to be displaying.

But you can go ahead and sit in your basement drinking your milk and cookies declaring people to be liars based on knowing absolutely nothing about them.....

Ignorance at it's finest here folks.

[edit on 28/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I'm sure you know what a parasite is. There is little difference between a feotus and a tapeworm, but I would not want the law telling me I had to live with a tapeworm.

Sure you might find the idea of abortion unacceptable, but unless you are the one who is pregnant, it is none of your business. Seems some people just don't feel their day is complete unless they are sticking their nose in other peoples business. Of course they feel they are justified, so that makes it ok. Just remenber that argument when it's being used against you.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by quackers]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:48 AM
link   

An unborn foetus is a parasite

By your logic a woman could murder a baby she is breast feeding. You know, since the baby is a parasite that lives off the milk of the mother.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by quackers

Interesting slant on the subject quackers. I like your perspective.

link   

but unless you are the one who is pregnant, it is none of your business. Seems some people just don't feel their day is complete unless they are sticking their nose in other peoples business.

THIS!!!!

Well said mate, in the greater scheme of things it is none of anybody elses bloody business if a woman wants to get an abortion. Stay the hell out of their business.

link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
reply to post by grey580

Religion is irrelevant
abortion is murder, murder is illegal in every country
has nothing to do with religion

Personally, I think even pregnant women smoking should be illegal.

Religion is 100% relevant in this case. Though maybe in this case we shouldn't say religion but ideology.
There are a great many people in this country with different ideologies. And no one ideology should trump someone elses rights.
I sure as hell wouldn't agree with someone that wants to take away our rights to bear arms for example.

Murder is illegal but using lethal force in certain cases is not.

And while I also abhore smoke and children. It's not up to us to decide. It's the right of the mother to choose whether to smoke or not.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Wimbly

My logic? I could have swore I was talking about unborn. Once a child is born, it does not need to rely on the person who gave birth to it, anyone can care for it.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Kryties

I live on the second floor of an apartment building so I don't have a basement. I'm also trying to lose weight so I don't eat milk and cookies. I still say you are full of bs.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

Regardless of the basement, you are judging me based on knowing absolutely nothing about me. I hate people like you and go out of my way to avoid them like the plague. Call BS all you want, I care not for your simpleton point of view

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties

but unless you are the one who is pregnant, it is none of your business. Seems some people just don't feel their day is complete unless they are sticking their nose in other peoples business.

THIS!!!!

Well said mate, in the greater scheme of things it is none of anybody elses bloody business if a woman wants to get an abortion. Stay the hell out of their business.

Agreed.

Let's amend this by saying that the Government has no business telling a woman that she can't get an abortion.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by grey580

Nope, NOBODY (Government, people, whoever). No-one should have the right to tell a woman she should or should not abort (not including medical reasons here). That decision should be left up to the woman.

[edit on 28/9/2009 by Kryties]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   
It's not JUST her body though
that's the entire issue

there is a 2nd body there

you saying the govt. can say anything is the same as the govt. shouldn't tell you that you can't murder your neighbour

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
reply to post by jd140

Regardless of the basement, you are judging me based on knowing absolutely nothing about me. I hate people like you and go out of my way to avoid them like the plague. Call BS all you want, I care not for your simpleton point of view

One doesn't need top know someone to know when they are lying. Just like you hate me without knowing me.

If that was the case then everyone would believe OJ was telling the truth, Bush really did think Iraq had WMDs and Obama didn't know about Jeremiah Wright being a racist asshole.

No I do not know you and I still say that your story is bs.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
If a fetus has no legal right to live then what about an old man on life support?

He is being fed through an IV, a machine breathes for him and he is basically just like a fetus.

Should he also have no legal rights?

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:07 PM
link   
So what happens when a mother miscarries? Should we all pick up our pitchforks and try to sue Mother Nature?

Like I said this argument is ridiculous. The egg/zygote has no idea that it is even alive, it does not even know what the concept of alive is.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:10 PM
link   

The government tells me that my tax dollars have to be used to execute prisoners and bomb the residents of other countries and my government tells me a woman has the right to choose whether to bring another person into an awfully over crowded world. Continuity.

Quackers is most correct in his or her post but I will take it a bit further. We are all parasites..some are just bigger and more dangerous.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join