It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transexualism, Sexual Perversion Or A Real Medical Condition?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
on and don't assume that he's going to start taking hormones or get bits chopped off, the majority of tv and even tg / gener disphoric people don't go to the length of having surgery.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by Selahobed
reply to post by pluckynoonez

Thats the point, i am not sure sexuality has a bearing on his choice, just the fact that he views himself as female. He has had sooo many girlfriends and has beem advice in that department for me also.
But now?
I feel let down, but at the same time uplifted, i know i make no sense but this is new for me.
I just want to know that this is a real condition and not just a whim i guess x

It is not some fleeting decision he has made in haste. He has known this his whole life and now he wants to do something that will bring him happiness.

I am a bisexual female and people ask me all the time when I "decided" to be this way. I never did. I have always been attracted to myself and the girl sitting next to me, for as long as I could remember.

And my point that human sexuality is a quantifiable medical condition, it's not, it is our nature. Medicine and science can try to pin and label us but sexuality, in all its forms, is apart of the human condition. Your brother is not abnormal in any way, just more expressive than most humans.

plucky

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 11:50 AM
link   
amazed said it all in the second post in this thread.
You have been given the opportunity to know what real love and support means. Take it and participate in it.

Is it a real disorder or a sexual perversion like a one step up from transvestitism?

Let me ask you. What difference would it make? Regardless if one person calls it a perversion and the next calls it a medical condition... is that going to change how you feel about your sibling? Will you turn your back on her if someone gives their opinion that it's a perversion? I didn't think so.

I am trying to be sensitive to this

Then don't try to categorize it. Just accept that your sibling has recognized this about themselves and wants to be honest with you about it. Be open-minded and don't try to label her.

he is still my brother and i will still defend him.

Good.
So will I.

posted on Sep, 25 2009 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Physiatrists are faced with the same question. In fact the field of psychiatry has learned from the patients who have come looking for help. There is no solid answer for each individual is different.

Some feel as though there are two personalities living within the same body, one female one male. The dominate one determines whether they cross dress in private or take it further to the possibility of a sex change.

Some just have felt their whole life that the body they are living in is not their own, but because they do have a male body, suppress these feelings striving to be the most masculine the can even making jokes at the expense of others who have the courage to come forward about who they are. Eventually the suppression becomes too much for some and they just want to be the person they feel they really are and come forward.

Some just like the feel of feminine things against their skin, and some actually rash up when wearing male clothing, this is believed to be more physiological in nature.

These are only examples of a few of these types of people.

Of note not all that have these feelings do come forward, some with the confusion within themselves and the fear of what their friends and family will think, end up committing suicide, so if someone does come forward, it is best to support them, if you believe someone is hiding a secret, do not corner them with and force it out, because that can lead to suicide as well, but if they are a friend or loved one always ensure that you are open to them telling you anything, and as long as they feel it, they will more than likely share with you instead of the alternative.

Also of note, not all cross gender, transsexuals are gay in nature; there are as many tare gay as there are straight transgender people of both sexes. For many wearing female or male clothes is no different from wearing jeans or slacks.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by clever024

Sorry its taken me a few days to get back, i have been very busy with my business that is realy starting to take off.
However, in answer to your question, i had a real heart to heart with him, and that combined with childhood memories, the pieces of the puzzule are starting to come together.
My poor bro has been through absolute hell! Trying to conform to social/religious expectations, putting himself and his own feelings last, even going in secret to christian and secular counsilors over the past 10 years, with the response that from a proffessional gender psyche that he is a classic gender dysphoric, and to top that has significant oestrogen levels in his blood compared to testosterone. It is natural oestrogen too and not the chemically simalar stuff you get for HRT. I have seen the reports so can attest to there validity and am now not only more at ease with this but realise that it is a genuine problem and not simply an extension of wearing panties and high heels. He genuinly feels female inside, and hids girlfriend has been asking him for a long time if he is gay or a full on transexual.
My parents havent come to terms with it yet, but after speaking to mom, she had her own suspicions from when we were kids but has kept it to herslf. She feels like she has failed as a mom to support her child and is looking for an open door that they can meet and talk frankly which is comming to my house in the next few days.

I am now convinced that transexualism is a very real and horrible disorder to have, and though not terminal, it has the psychological potential to be so with many who suffer from it commiting suicide.

The corrective treatment also is risky with not only the public impact of the secondary sexual characteristics comming to the fore through hormone treatment. And as any guy could relate, that after 6 months of HRT you are chemically castrated, you have no sex drive, the people around you dis you, your family disown you, you feel separated from god and no matter how much prayer and counsiling you have had the problem is still there, and then you have sexual reassignment which means you are a eunoch. So with all this stuff you had better believe that the person is serious about it.
Regardless if people think my bro is just a perve i have to say that with all of the info i have at my hands that i am proud of HER, she has gone through so much! So i will support her, and love on her like there is no tomorrow.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by KendraJane

Sorry, i was looged in on this by mistake and replied in the name of kendra jane lol... Sorry kendra, i know who you are!!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by pluckynoonez

I agree, but wit with transexualism it isnt about mere sexuality. I have had a couple of days of intense research lol. Its a rarish psychological issue, or brain issue where a female brain is in a male body.
Thats a fact btw. Scientists have taken biopsies from dead transexuals that havent had HRT and have compared them to "normal" folks, and these people do indeed have the same brain configurations as females. Not all do like those shemales, but genuine transexuals do indeed have a female brain configuration. With that in mind... All you ladies... How would you like to be you in a male body?

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Thank you, good advice as usual.

second line.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 12:37 AM
link   
I personally do not have much love for transexuals and prefer not to come into contact with them if I can avoid their presence. They just irritate me because I view them as trying to stand out and highlight that they are dressing in clothes that the opposite sex usually does. On the other side though, if they dress up and do not try to bring attention unto themselves then it does not bother me. An adult can do what they like as long as it does not hurt or bother other people.

At the end of the day, as you said, he is your brother. Being there to support and aid him is very important. Coming out and admitting something like this is VERY difficult and he knows you were brought up to condemn this behaviour. Keep in mind that by him dressing up in female clothes does not directly harm anyone else. It might seem like it goes against values, but nobody is being wounded by him simply wearing women's clothes.

It can be very hard for us at times, but the truth is much better than living a lie. I would rather my brother is open about who he is and be happy, rather than trying to hide his identity and live a life of misery. I believe God (if you believe that one exists) would agree.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 01:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Dark Ghost

Not all transexuals want to stand out, most just want to fit in with the opposite sex and some have the fear of being discovered while trying to do so.

Some are what they call passables, these are ones you probably see everyday, and might not even know they are actually the opposite sex of that which they are dressing as (have had surgery in some cases).

Others try as they might, do not come off as passable at all, these are ones that most people try to pretend not to notice or stare at. In men who dress as or have become women, it is usually the size issue or an extremely portruding adams apple. In women who dress as or become men, it is many times a body shape issue or a size issue or in facial features.

There are otheres who may be passable in one outfit but stand out in others, or who may pass in pictures, but in person, do not for the same reasons mentioned above.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   
reply to post by Selahobed

You don't have to think about it as God making a mistake, but as God giving her a challenge to overcome. God may have thought that the challenge of being who your brother really is would help to grow her soul.

Do her a favor and call her your sister now, though. She'll really appreciate it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:36 AM
link   
dont cut peepeep off.
thers the best advice on this thread so far.
seriosuly, thats not a piece of equiptment you can jsut reattach or replace correctly. i dont care waht any one of you say.

posted on Dec, 30 2009 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Why do people refer to a him as her.He's a devient,disown him-tell him that life is short but hell is for eternity!demon seed definitely,you can't help him it's a life choice nowadays -they think it's cool and hip!Disgusting i hope your parents are thoughrely ashamed of him as should you be.tell him you are ashamed and don't take his perverted weirdness.

posted on Dec, 31 2009 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Its a rarish psychological issue, or brain issue where a female brain is in a male body.

[...] How would you like to be you in a male body?

Take it a step further, and add kids.

Think what people would do with you when you don't act as expected act the role of the other parent.

The other parent gets fed up, wants divorce, wants to go find a "real" man/woman.

Only perversion here... can be said to exist only in god's mind for this cruelty -- when born with one's sex that is opposite of one's gender.

Operation is a perversion, too, but more of a medical perversion. It can get rid of something and that may be helpful, but it'll never really change -- physiologically.

The word intersexual describe a condition where somebody's physiologically wasn't all biased in accordance to their sex/gender. In fact, the Olympic official now test intersexuals for purity levels before they qualify them as a male or female athelete. It no longer matters what they got or don't got hanging between their legs. Transexualism, however, has perverted the word intersexual to mean operatives.

I don't think someone that truly has a female brain in a male body would truly want an operation. Just because someone is like this doesn't mean they are gay, especially perverted gay. More like they feel reluctant. People with females brains in male body don't wear female clothes to prove who they really are -- there is no reason to do it.

No matter amount of wearing clothes, perversion, or operations... those can never truly give them what they never really had -- a childhood as the sex/gender they really feel they are -- to be born "naturally" like any other person of who they feel they really are -- to grow up among friends and be accepted as "normal" to whom they really are -- and...

... to experience love, relationships, and family in a non frakked up manner.

EDIT: ... to experience the libido more as something that can be cherished rather than something of constant torture... almost forgot about this last bit that certainly annihilates any perverted tendency/accusation... rather be an IT than either sex.

[edit on 31-12-2009 by dzonatas]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 06:51 AM
link   

Yes, i guess we all hide our true emotions, i gues to be "real" in this life takes real strength.

I love this song...

... and this video is hot

If you don't recognize her or the band, she also sung "The World Is Not Enough" in 007

Emotional landslide, walking timebomb, think she 'opera'd about imaginary things?

This one will surprise you:

"The feeling is mutual."

Machines trying to be "real," or just another 'stupid girl' found herself in the wrong body with a plan to fix such cruelty because no one else can. "Go Baby Go Go..."

"A second chance."

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 11:54 AM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

Imagine being thought of as an "it" rather than a he or she??? Imagine being you in the wrong body of the gender you are, then compact that with the social construction we live in... Can you imagine the torture of of NEVER being allowed to be who you are??? To hide yourself forever, and just play act a false existence?? So I admire my SISTER.. However am pissed that she stole a pair of jimmi choo's from me for a party.. They are a work of art too!!! We will be having words the next time i go home!!

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
[edit on 1-1-2010 by dzonatas]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   

It's neither a perversion or a condition. It's just what it is, really. Maybe s/he's just going through a phase of sorts. Maybe s/he's really this way. You have no way of knowing - and neither does s/he, most likely.

Your best bet is just to show love and support and let your brother figure it out. Neither you nor your parents really have any room to say in this sort of thing, and it's probably best to not try to sway your brother in one way or another.

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
reply to post by dzonatas

I have read your posts with interest, however they still have the spark of cultural expectation and cowardice about them.... Life is wayyy too short to live in a sociatcle construct; sometimes it doesnt matter if your BUTT is to big in something (says she lol), but if you can DO something about it, change your life to what represents you, then isnt that what we all do??? Trannies have a harder job at that though and have to overcome more obsticles.. Cant we make that journey easier... For thier sake??? Transend cowardice, beat fear and be themselves???

[edit on 033131p://f49Friday by Selahobed]

posted on Jan, 1 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

There are probably alot of males that do have the problem that you bro has and had. The thing you said about over compensating may be true as well, as he just wanted to prove it to himself,a nd show his friends he was one of them.

I have said in other threads i think humans will goto 1 gender, so tell your bro he is probably ahead of his time. I think the time of the 2 genders will be gone 1 day, and its a shame that me and others never will live in that world, as being in the duality of this world we do not fit in like your brother if your telling the truth on this issue.

I applaud anyone trying to be themselves, and its brave to tell his family that he is not a man but a woman.

I just wonder why you feel like you have to tell the world that he has come out, do you have to get something to do with this out of you too?

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join