It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by lucentenigma

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fad90e948bd3.jpg[/atsimg]

You can see that it says 'a father's day tribute to Barack Obama'.

Either the screen shot is doctored or the school is lying about it being a black history month event.

Excuse me? Screen shot doctored? It's simply whatever the video uploader decided to put on it...

Puhlease

Deny Ignorance!

Yeah... good words to follow...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunkaPersonally, although I know it offends many here, I believe that the teacher was acting within the spirit of the school.

How are they not forced to go to this school?

Because Public School is only the Public option... they still have the choice to take care of it themselves and home school or pay for private school.

It's the same as with the health reform debate.... you don't have to use it...

The only thing mandatory is that you have some form of it...

[edit on 24-9-2009 by HunkaHunka]

What dream world do you live in? Home school or Private school is not an option for many family's. Just because it is technically available does not make it practical or even possible.

trimmed quintuple nested quote]

[edit on 24/9/09 by masqua]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Exactly. You must have some form of education. They tax you and draw your district lines so your options shrink and shrink until you're sticking them into the public option.

What? I know LOTS of people who either home school their children or pay for a private school and have no problem paying taxes so that the "less fortunate" can attend a public school.

The same thing will happen with the public option heathcare.

What? Have you seen the Private school business lately? It's booming.

They set the bounds for the game. You either play it in bounds with their rules or you go to jail. Unless you're independently wealthy, connected or a politician (which happens to be both) you eventually get corralled into the public option.

Ok buddy whatever... tell that to the Westminster in Atlanta....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Montana

I totally agree. A few pages back once I found the memo, I had questions that I think need to be answered before things move forward.

Who filmed it? Do they have an agenda other than they filmed their little rug-rat having a little program at their school? Why did it surface now? Was dad/mom just too busy to get around putting it up for everyone to see?

What is the true date of the video? I think this is the number one question. We now have two conflicting accounts. The schools, a possibly doctored cache/screenshot of YouTube and the re-poster on YouTube (The last two claim a date in June, the first a date in Feb).

Either way let us see if true fact finding will happen. The discussion regarding public schools, etc are not really dependent upon when the video was filmed though...

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:57 PM
link   

This was filmed around June 19, 2009...

I'm not sure how this was filmed in June when all the children are wearing pants and many are wearing long sleeve shirts, pull over sweaters, hoodies, and the student on the far right appears to be wearing a very heavy sweatshirt or jacket.

Even in Jersey that doesn't look like summer clothing.

Regardless, I would be very uncomfortable to have my child do something like this- especially put to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic with lyrics similar to Jesus Loves the Little Children in one stanza. Even if others consider that over reaction, I'm the parent so that's that.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

What dream world do you live in? Home school or Private school is not an option for many family's. Just because it is technically available does not make it practical or even possible.

Why isn't it? How is this any different than Healthcare? If you can't afford those other options, then you can use the public option... if you can't afford another option you do have an option... the public option.... but you are not forced to do so.

I know poor people who homeschool and I know rich people who home school... if it's important enough to you, you will make it happen. If you don't like the public option... do it yourself or pay someone to do it... it's that simple... it's called FREEDOM and the Free Market... the only thing you are obligated to do is ensure your child is educated.

HOW that education occurs is COMPLETELY up to you.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Actually I said 'screen shot doctored to try to be balanced.

The official response from the school was that a 'black history month celebration'.

The screen shot says 'fathers day tribute'.

So you are agreeing with me that it's not doctored?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by HunkaHunka

Excuse me? Screen shot doctored? It's simply whatever the video uploader decided to put on it...

I think the poster was referring to the description, not the actual date.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:01 PM
link   

All I'm saying is that your premise was way off.. you said it was either doctored or the school was lying... you completely left out the fact that anyone can post anything on the Internet... I can post a picture of kids in winter clothes and call it summer too...

Deny Ignorance!

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by lucentenigma

Not for nothing, but those kids ARE NOT dressed for June 19th in NJ.

See any shorts? Short sleeve shirts...just the opposite.

Who cares if someone said it was fathers day...look at how they are dressed. Black History Month, like the school district said.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by maybereal11]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by felipecb
reply to post by johnny2127

WELCOME TO AMERIKA AND ITS NEW REGIME!

same old regime to me...

I think this song thing is stupid, but harmless.
I did 12+ years of Catholic school, and look how well I turned out.
If anything it gives them some BS to weed through, and when you get through all the BS you end up on the other side stronger, smarter & wiser.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Regardless, I would be very uncomfortable to have my child do something like this- especially put to the tune of Battle Hymn of the Republic with lyrics similar to Jesus Loves the Little Children in one stanza. Even if others consider that over reaction, I'm the parent so that's that.

Oh I agree Ash, I can share your concerns - I would be very uncomfortable if my kids were expected to pledge allegiance to the flag every morning (we don't do that stuff over here) - its not that aspect I'm pointing out.

My point is that this has been put out there on Youtube without context. In doing its provoked a storm of comments abotu indoctrination, when actually its probably nothing of the sort.

You then have to ask why it was posted as it was....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:08 PM
link   

What public option, why are you using an example of something that doesn't even exist?

You seem to have all the answers so tell me this:

How is a single mother working two jobs that can barley afford to pay the rent afford private school?

Home school you say? How is the same mother going to pay the bills if she is staying home to teach her children?

It's hysterical to think that anyone can home school or send their children to private school if they want it bad enough.

I guess your right, someone can choose to home school their kids in a tent in a public park because they got evicted from their apartment. Your right everyone does have this freedom.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:09 PM
link   
You all know what a posing question is right?

Seems when people read something that questions something they feel is not right or even feel the case is closed, they go into instant attack mode.

Overall, the evidence points towards most likely a February filming with the school memo and the clothing being worn by the children.

But what if, and it might be a big what if, it was unusually chilly on that day? A cold front? Some weird weather has been going on. What if the school is trying to cover its tracks?

I ask these not to stir up controversy but to point out we at first based everything purely on the video, then we take the word of the school and nothing else, then a bit of the school and the video contents (clothing), but there is still one side that hasn't had its turn.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:12 PM
link   
PLEASE PEOPLE!!!!

Stop quoting entire posts and quoting other people's quotes of entire posts!!!

Use the "reply to" button at the top right of every posts to address someone specifically.

Large quotes have been removed and quoting penalties applied.

link   

Originally posted by maybereal11
reply to post by lucentenigma

Not for nothing, but those kids ARE NOT dressed for June 19th in NJ.

See any shorts? Short sleeve shirts...just the opposite.

Who cares if someone said it was fathers day...look at how they are dressed. Black History Month, like the school district said.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by maybereal11]

Good point.

The thing is, the screen shot is supposed to be the women who filmed the videos youtube page.

If it is or it isn't I can't be 100% certain of course but that is why I posted it!

So we can get to the bottom of things.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

link   
reply to post by neformore

No worries- I totally understand. That is why I pointed out the June month vs. fall/winter clothing issue. I do feel something is fishy about the context. Wearing thick, heavy clothing in June doesn't make much sense.

On that end- I completely agree with you.

On the other hand, whether or not it was in June for Father's Day or February for black history month, I'd still feel very uncomfortable if I showed up to school and saw my son participating in something like that. Thanks for understanding.

link   

How is a single mother working two jobs that can barley afford to pay the rent afford private school?

Home school you say? How is the same mother going to pay the bills if she is staying home to teach her children?

It's all about priorities... if you really care what your child is taught... you will make sure that your life is built around that. You aren't just thrown into a world without your own choices...

It's called taking responsibility.

It's hysterical to think that anyone can home school or send their children to private school if they want it bad enough.

Why is it crazy? It's like food... if you want it bad enough... you will make it happen.

I guess your right, someone can choose to home school their kids in a tent in a public park because they got evicted from their apartment. Your right everyone does have this freedom.

That's the thing about freedom... it doesn't mean you are free from the consequences of your actions...

I am curious however... you sound like someone who would support a public health option for the same reasons... is this true?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Please cease and desist the huge quotes.

Trim them down to the particular bit you'd like to address instead of just hitting the 'Quote' button and replying.

please read Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote

Thank you

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
Regardless of the fact Obama is the first black president what has he done to warrant singing praises to him? The left wing in the schools was all over any support of Bush why is Obama different?

www.diggersrealm.com...

www.democraticunderground.com...

A tad premature to sing the praises of a man just a man. One whose integrity is under question, and for all you folks who will jump on that statement, just remember just because you like him it means that he will be treated like the one's you don't by others
Regardless of when this was filmed this was a teacher or someone involved with the school district imposing their beliefs on children. Since tax payer monies pay for the school it has no place there, that is why we have colleges

[edit on 24-9-2009 by hangedman13]

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join