It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shock Video: School Kids Taught to Praise Obama

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by MrPenny

Originally posted by mikerussellus
the eerie similarites between the "state-sponsored" idoltry and what is going on in our schools now.

Get a grip.......

I work in one of the largest K12 school districts in Missouri.....not as a teacher....so you can rest assured, I have no vested interest in defending what is in the curriculum.

Your comments are "over-the-top" and hysterical hyperbole.

It isn't happening.

What would you consider to describe it as over the top? What would have to happen for you or any other person, to consider it valid?
Do you consider getting chills running down your leg, over the top? How about the glamour and media hyperbole?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   
www.burltwpsch.org...

School response to the video. Black History month is not anywhere near the date the video is purported to have taken place.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by titorite
Public school education is mandatory in the US...

Home Schooling is Legal in all 50 states.

Just FYI.

Children have been singing songs about our Presidents for many years.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:55 AM
link   
OK Folks

Let's not head down the road of discussing each other...

Please stick to the topic.

Thanks in advance for your cooperation

ed:code

[edit on 9/24/2009 by JacKatMtn]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by rickyrrr
Does anybody here honestly thinks that some people deserve to be paid more for the same work than others?
-rrr

Problem is there is never an equal output. -- but that is for a different thread

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just to state that kids Are required to get an education and the kids enrolled in that perticular school ARE OBLIGATED to attend.... where as from what I read from previous posts.. I read that those kids dont have to attend that school...like attendance was optional there for some reason.

as far as I know that is incorrect..

But yes Homeschooling will avoid things like the Obama Love song.

HOME SCHOOL YOUR KIDS PEOPLE!

[edit on 24-9-2009 by titorite]

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 11:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ownbestenemy
www.burltwpsch.org...

School response to the video. Black History month is not anywhere near the date the video is purported to have taken place.

Key word "purported". Who purported it?

Secondly, please do NOT contact the school. They have better things to do than to be harassed by people on a conspiracy site.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by titorite

I think he meant that kids in that district can register and go to other schools in that district if they wish. Some districts have 4-5 schools to choose from.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Like I said, they are de facto forced.

How many families can afford to pay the taxation to public schools and fund their own homeschooling?

Maybe if there were some allowances in place or vouchers or the state didnt tax the heck out of the property of everyone to fund the terrible education of other peoples kids more folks could swing the cost but as it is the vast majority of kids are backdoor forced through government economic policies backed by force of gun-toting death squad to attend public schools. For many, not even the public school of their choice. They must send their kids off to the public school that has been chosen for them.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I think now we need to find out who is lying or who has the misinformation or who just doesn't know how to report a date.

Was it during Black History month in February or as the YouTube video poster stated near middle of June? My bet...the youtube poster, but who knows

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

your signature
"The first beliefs you should challenge are your own."

That is awesome, needed to be noted.

link   
reply to post by intrepid

SHHHHH! Or they will find us
I agree, why contact the school? I am sure they are already inundated with media calls and such.

Real questions I believe should be found out: Who video taped it? What was the real date -- February or June? Which is it. If the school is lying in their official statement, shame on them. If the youtube poster is lying about the date? Why is he lying?

I really should go to journalism school

link   

Just to state that kids Are required to get an education and the kids enrolled in that perticular school ARE OBLIGATED to attend...

That is incorrect... they are not obligated to attend. They have the choice of homeschooling... public school is merely the "public option" for those who choose it.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Nixon inspired some really catchy tunes.

Tin soldiers and Nixon's comin'.
We're finally on our own.
This summer I hear the drummin'.
Four dead in Ohio.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hack28
If we as a human race will ever have racial equality we will have to have the same doubts and apprehensions FREELY of a man of any race...... The cylce doesnt look liek its gonna break soon.

If what you are saying is that racial equality is the freedom of people of every race to discriminate against people of all the other races, then.... that basically means inequality, because whatever race is in the majority is bound to have a negative impact on whatever race is in the minority. So yes, the cycle is not about to break anytime soon with that outlook.

The only thing that will break race inequality in my mind is for minorities to own up to their responsibilities, maybe to a greater extent than majorities, because they have prejudice to fight against. Basically, if minorities are not to be perceived as irresponsible, lazy, defensive, unethical, they have to stop doing the things that cause them to be perceived in those ways, *and then some*, so that there is no excuse for racial discrimination.

If there is one thing that will make the biggest difference: Young minority women have to avoid getting pregnant before they secure a career and a stable family. Women hold a lot of power in society and I think that with that power comes great responsibility.

end of of topic post.

-rrr

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Yeah, whatever. Here ya go. Lots of songs about lots of presidents that children sing. I remember singing some when I was a kid.

www.sara-jordan.com...

Can you guys PLEASE actually come up with something real to complain about.

wolf cry wolf cry wolf cry

What? Do I hear something?

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by amazed

I tried to port this into a discussion not about the song itself, but rather what we as the public expect out of our public education but didn't work. Maybe ill post my dream in a different forum....

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by ownbestenemy

It seems that it's OK with people if their kids sing songs about dead people.

What people are ignoring is that this song isn't about the MAN, Obama. It's about the President of the United States. If they were singing a song like this about some dude, then I may be a little concerned. But I think there's a disconnect in many people's minds that won't allow them to think of Obama as "the president". They forget or deny the position that he is filling right now.

These kids are singing about our president. What's wrong with that???

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

Public school education is mandatory in the US...

Home Schooling is Legal in all 50 states.

Just FYI.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Benevolent Heretic]

That may be so but many parents can not afford to home school.

What about singles mothers that work 12 hours a day to put food on the table?

The best that they can hope for is their tax dollars will pay for a decent education.

Some people do not have a choice.

posted on Sep, 24 2009 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by johnny2127

This is indoctrination of our children.

The fifteen children in the video are not representative of everyone's children. This is the indoctrination of the children in the video.

People need to know what is happening in the schools.

This is happening in one school. To one group of kids that we know of. It is not national policy.

[edit on 24-9-2009 by Parabol]

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join