It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

American News Bias

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Over the past week the have been two attempted terrorist attacks on These British Isles and not one hint of it on the American News channels. The fact that there was 500 soldiers and 25 light tanks guarding Heathrow because Old Osama and his mates wanted to shoot a plane down at take of or landing, that every major airport in the UK (about 7) had soldiers and tanks out side it and that the north terminal of Gatwick had to be closed because a guy had a grenade in his pocket. I think this is just a tiny bit serious. Hear me non-Americans they only care about themselves let them do what they want but don't get involed.

Don't bomb Iraq. Bomb Zimbabwe

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Not true.

These stories were covered on CNN and New York Times in some detail. I can't speak for other outlets.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:47 AM
link   
As far as i was aware only Heathrow had tanks outside, other airports had armed police and a few army about..

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It was covered on my local news and newspapers.There was no media blackout or lack of coverage.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Sorry didn't see the New York Times and CNN but are these respectalbe news agencies really the sort of stuff that George watches after all they do have big nasty words like UN,Negotiation and Peace in them.
There were tanks every where unless that big green metal thing with a gun and tank tracks on it was just my imagination.

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:14 AM
link   
If you have a Sky digital dish, you may wish to consider watching the CBS Evening News from NYC, shown on the Sky News Channel. It's on at 12:30 AM and again at 5:30 AM.

CBS did cover the story, my friend.

Cheers,
Deep

posted on Feb, 17 2003 @ 10:20 AM
link   
well i live very close to Manchester Airport and i didnt see any tanks..

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 09:40 AM
link   
I see that cbs broadcast on sky news. Their "world news tonight" is hilarious, one or two token stories from the rest of the world and all the rest are domestic, usually peanut farmers in kentucky or something. If you think that passes for news you should get out more.

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 11:41 AM
link   
Uh I think CBS new is 'CBS Evening News.' You are thinking of ABC. Anyway, doesn't it kind of make sense to have more news on a once a day half our news program that is about your own country than the rest of the world?

posted on Feb, 18 2003 @ 02:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by kegs
I see that cbs broadcast on sky news. Their "world news tonight" is hilarious, one or two token stories from the rest of the world and all the rest are domestic, usually peanut farmers in kentucky or something. If you think that passes for news you should get out more.

As someone who lives in Kentucky I can assure you we do not grow peanuts. We grow corn, tobacco, pot
and make bourbon (whose barrels we send to the British Isles so you can make scotch) and breed the best race horses on the planet. We actually have seasons here so growing peanuts can't be done. Peanuts are a bit further south.

[Edited on 18-2-2003 by observer]

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 05:31 AM
link   
Heh heh, i've nothing against kentuckyians, believe me! it was just the first thing that popped into my head.

Anyway, i am talking about cbs and whatever they call there world news report, and i stand my my first statement. It's coverage of world affairs is laughable.

posted on Feb, 19 2003 @ 06:00 AM
link   
Yes, kegs, you'll find peanuts in Alabama, as well as cotton, corn and soybean. In the livestock topic, you'll find many cattle ranches and chicken houses.

top topics

join