It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Origins of Atlantis/Lemuria Myths Part-1

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:08 PM
link   
All I can say is wow
That was a awesomely written thread! I've read about some of what you discussed piecemeal at various times, but that compilation of data and your theory has my mind racing! I can not wait to read part 2. Great job !

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Great, article very great article. Cant wait for part 2. Star And Flag!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 07:59 PM
link   
This is a great article and I am very interested in Part 2 once you release your madness

STAR for you

[edit on 22-9-2009 by Mine Not Yours]

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:44 PM
link   
S&F from me!

Fantastic, thought-provoking and beautifully presented info. Great job.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:55 PM
link   
BRAVO!!!!!!

Ah, if I could do it all over again, I'd be out there, diving and searching for the lost cities. This is an excellent thread.

Thank you!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
Part2 will be out in about a week maybe 10 days. I'll U2U all those who have posted replies.

Watch out!

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 10:56 PM
link   
Booyah, this is an excellent thread, I love reads like this. Totally changed my view of the whole idea. Go getcha self a milk mustache

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:26 PM
link   
Check the Native American myths as well...

Floods which destroy the world there too..

Great post Slayer!

I first heard of Lemuria from a Rosicrucian book

Thanks for adding a lot of data to this...

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Bloody good thread

i very much look forward to part 2.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 11:30 PM
link   
This was extremely good and thought provoking. Keep it coming!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by ArMaP

PS: I didn't saw the video, I really hate videos, they are the best way of wasting time.

Thanks ArM.

I made that video just for you

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
Excellent thread Slayer!

Well researched and presented.

I honestly think yours is the most plausible theory on lost civilizations yet. Very well done.

I look forward to part 2.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 12:10 AM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

Here are two others of my earlier threads.
You may find them interesting as well.

Enjoy
Ancient America Rocked!
Olmec Giant Stone Heads Mystery Solved?

[edit on 23-9-2009 by SLAYER69]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:09 AM
link   
I have not read your entire piece yet merely grazed through it however caught that you said you do not believe such ancient cities existed then go on to document the evidence of their likely and almost evident existence? Perhaps after I read everything thoroughly I will reclaim my post here but... your work looks beyond impressive... and i'll be boiling a pot of coffee for this one.

SF

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Excellent work my friend. Always had a fascination with lost civilizations and this thread has resparked my need to study them! star and flag

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MavRck
I have not read your entire piece yet merely grazed through it however caught that you said you do not believe such ancient cities existed then go on to document the evidence of their likely and almost evident existence? Perhaps after I read everything thoroughly I will reclaim my post here but... your work looks beyond impressive... and i'll be boiling a pot of coffee for this one.

SF

Thanks, yes you need to read the whole thread.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Great job! I have a few "yeah, but's" of course, but there really is nothing wrong with what you've done. (dammit)

I eagerly await part duex.

[edit on 9/23/2009 by Phage]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:28 AM
link   
Great job Slayer. Have you read any of Graham Hancock's books? On every continent every nationality has "myths" of a deluge a catastrophic flood how do modern so called "expert" scientist explain it? they dont they just disregard it as myth nothing more but our true history is hidden from us. Anyway keep digging i really like your work.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Good job slayer good job. I did my own research about the same thing in regard to the Ice Age and the flood that is in almost all cultures ancient legends. I found out that the Ice sheets where at least 1 mile high where New York is today, and the sea levels where at least 130 meters (I believe that the level in the oceans may have been alot lower maybe closer to 300 meters to 400 meters, if you take into account the water locked in the ice sheets and the amount of water that was evaporated into the atmosphere for humidity and it's byproduct rain) lower than they are today. And the reason this is important is that I've always believed that many prosperous civilizations where close to large bodies of water (oceans, lakes, river deltas, etc. etc.). I saw your Agean example from 9,000 years ago, I'm willing to bet anything that the area must have been real lush in plant and animal life. And thats because of the protected waterways from sea storms and ditto for fishing.

Go wiki and google what north america looked like (many of those salt flats out west where massive lakes the size of the great lakes), and imagine what the other parts of the planet may have looked like. Also what I haven't found is what was the weather like in the places that weren't ice locked. I mean the great ice sheets must have made the weather across the whole planet fickle at best. I wouldn't be surprised if the equator region was always getting rain more than it's getting today (and that says alot).

I still believe that there was maybe on or more advance civilizations that where around way back when, but they may be underwater right now (even with the flooding and such, it doesn't explain the pyramids and other megalithic structuers). It may or may not be an atlantis, but atlantis could be what many characters over the course of time have reduced the name of the place to.

Also I hope I'm not giving anything away from your part 2, but I noticed the Neanderthal and the modern human skeleton picture laying side by side at the end of number 1. Are you going to put your theory on why didn't the neanderthals win out over us since they where stronger than us in part 2. I believe that the neaderthal intermingled and mated with us humans, but I still don't have a clue as to why us and not them being the winner. Here's another hint also, even though we have the skeletons of the neanderthal, we can only theorize as to how there body functions (meaning mating, gestation for the females etc. etc.) worked. I'm sure they worked the same way as todays people, but there was differences to be sure.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by hoghead cheese

SSHHhhhh!

Yeah part 2 covers many of the things you have mentioned. South America will surprise many people. I'll come out of left field with some rather interesting factual tidbits.

Stay tuned.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join