It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you could give one ITEM to someone 3,000 years ago?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:38 AM
link   
One item you could give to someone 3,000 years ago.

Now before you post, think back to what happened 500 years ago, and 1,000 years ago, then 2,000 years ago, then 3,000 years ago!

If there was one thing you'd give a sole person, that they might understand, with just the item, no instructions but would do the best they could with it!

Something anything, that would help the race of humans.

I guess I should add something to this, something I would send back in time....

It's tough.... probably a coors, lol.

If anything, I'd guess I'd leave a self making lightbulb with them, something they would probably bash away at or figure out but still gain some knowledge of, a easy lightbulb.

That would probably be it for me What say you?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:42 AM
link   
LOL a psp and a prophesy that i will be born.

That would really get the chicks.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
I'd give them an ounce of gold and tell them to invest it in my name at 5% return per year so I would be a trillionaire now.

Other than that, for the good of mankind, I suppose it would have to be the knowhow to make some kind of sanitation product/penicillin.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:43 AM
link   
For some reason the first thing i thought of was a Dictionary.

I think it would help somewhat but not sure what i could give them from our age that they would even have the first clue to know what to do with it.

Nice concept.. now only if we had that time machine.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

penicillin is an awsome anwser man. thats something fairly simple that would saved a ton of lives...

although now that i think of it the bacteria would just be resistant to it by now.

So scratch that... your idea is bad.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wertdagf
reply to post by Dermo

penicillin is an awsome anwser man. thats something fairly simple that would saved a ton of lives...

although now that i think of it the bacteria would just be resistant to it by now.

So scratch that... your idea is bad.

lol a psp! If they didn't bash it into the ground, we'd have a world full of WoW geeks! lmao

penicillin might be ok, but i'd suspect they would just die!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
I'd give them an ounce of gold and tell them to invest it in my name at 5% return per year so I would be a trillionaire now.

Other than that, for the good of mankind, I suppose it would have to be the knowhow to make some kind of sanitation product/penicillin.

I have GermX by me constantly!

Constantly!!!

Although back then, I fear what would have evolved to now!

What monstrous disease would we deal with now, if i'd sent GermX to someone 3,000 years ago, albeit I buy in industrial Size!

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder
For some reason the first thing i thought of was a Dictionary.

I think it would help somewhat but not sure what i could give them from our age that they would even have the first clue to know what to do with it.

Nice concept.. now only if we had that time machine.

The more I think about it, the more I think of Ancient Aliens, and the more I think of the reasons we have found the things we have, if you savvy that idea?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

Maybe..

Anciet Humans see us as Aliens.
Modern Humans see Future humans as Aliens.

What if we have managed to come back and its been us all along?

Not sure, what exactly did you mean?

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by LightWonder

Maybe..

Anciet Humans see us as Aliens.
Modern Humans see Future humans as Aliens.

What if we have managed to come back and its been us all along?

Not sure, what exactly did you mean?

just bouncing ideas off of one thread to another, I just did another thread of what we'd look like in 1,000 years, and I can imagine, like one did, us being blad nimble bodied and large eyed being, and well... where have you heard that before!

I find from speculation alone, that well we honestly would do the same thing as we would in the future! Ideas don't change much regarding the past.

For my post, many claim GermX is bad, and the such, since it quickens the natural selection process, and creates a more violent form, and persistent form.

+9 more 
posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:05 AM
link   
An atlas. I think that that would definately accelerate the progression of man. Very self explanitory.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   
Yes, which is why i decided to come contribute in here as well

Divulge deeper into the thought about ancient aliens I'm curious on your view.

We may just be figuring out things that were known before that got covered up or buried that past civilizations have known about.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by oneinthesame
An atlas. I think that that would definately accelerate the progression of man. Very self explanitory.

www.world-mysteries.com...

It surprising to me though, that the things we'd send back now, are the things we may quite actually of received....

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:14 AM
link   
How about a photograph of the Earth as seen from the Moon? Perhaps even that famous photo of the Earth and the Moon in one shot.

A picture can tell a thousand words.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:24 AM
link   
I cant think of anything better than an Atlas, which is a great idea!

It could be added to, however, with details of resources, climate, local flora/ fauna, wildlife and such other information.

Any highly technical equiment, even such as a lightbulb would be useless to them as the materials used would be unsourceable.

Knowledge of the land and resources = power

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:44 AM
link   
a copy of "A Yankee in King Arthur's Court".

seems appropriate.

indoor plumbing would be a nice gift

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:47 AM
link   

how about a history book, written of course in a language they could understand? it would be wonderfully interesting to them, I'm sure.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
What a great question

I'd have to give him/her a video camera and perhaps a super sturdy pelican case to put it in for 3000 years.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:49 AM
link   
A compass, I did think of a telescope but if it got broken how would you reproduce the glass at least you could show them how to repoduce a compass. On second thoughts they seemed to know more about the stars than men in the 18th and 19th centuries.

The other thing I thought of was a printing press but that is not much good unless they also know how to make relatively cheap paper.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 05:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kryties
How about a photograph of the Earth as seen from the Moon? Perhaps even that famous photo of the Earth and the Moon in one shot.

A picture can tell a thousand words.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/995547988504.jpg[/atsimg]

This I believe, would cause minds to explode, and genocide about in 2,000 years ago, but 3,000 years ago, from some it may be good, and others, they would just cook off of it!

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join