It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods of Genesis: mulitple gods in the Bible

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:31 PM
link   
The word God in genesis is a term for the highly advanced beings that created the human-kind...there were indeed multiple gods throughout the creation and Genesis focuses mainly on the main two( high ranking ) gods.

In the Annunaki account there names are Enki and Lord Enlil. Enki is always referred to God and Lord Enlil referred to as the Lord God

As you notice especially during the Garden of Eden passege but also many other places you see God and the Lord God conversing with each other or directly to the humans....

Genesis 11:7 " Come, let US go down there and confuse their language, that they may not understand one another's speech"

That was Lord Enlil...he is more known as the sinister, more ruthless of the gods. He was given the title Lord because he did most of the governing and law-laying. As you can see in that passege, he had gotten upset that the humans were constructing a monument/tower in hopes to try to be closer to space ( where the gods came down from). He needed to confuse their language to disperse them from an plot or tyranny.

Lord Enlil is responsible for the commandment " Thou shalt not have any other gods before me....I am a jealous god"

(Why make such a statement if there are no other gods?)

and the more popular passege where God (Enki)is speaking to the other Gods: Genensis 1:26 " Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likeness"

God Enki was more compassionate and sympathetic to the humans. Even tho the humankind's purpose was slavery -to til the soil ( dig for gold) , he didn't agree with Lord Enlil on how he desired to keep the slaves ignorant. Enki was the lead scientist for this Earth mission for gold and made the decision that they needed workers for the gold mines...Genesis 1:26 is the actual cloning of humans out of the already here Homo Erectus and the DNA of themselves, the gods.

When you really look at the Garden of Eden scene God Enki is merely telling Eve to go ahead and obtain knowledge ( symbolized as 'biting the apple of the tree of good and evil). Eve states that the Lord has told her she will die upon doing so. He assures her she won't and Eve dosen't die. The Lord comes storning through Eden and notice taht not only has Adam and Eve clothed themselves, they have began to obtain knowledge about the gods, astrology, and other things. Lord Enlil is now so upset he threatens Eve again and then considers his brother a traitor, or a 'snake' (serpent).....

It's often been noted that the bible reads as if God has a split personality...Caring and lovin, then Ruthless and jealous and then caring again, then sinister and murderous....

No split personality...multiple gods

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

[edit on 20-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

You are correct. The Genesis account was plagiarized from earlier creation accounts. Its common knowledge and yet there are still those out there who will cling to the silly notions and fairy-tale self-contradicting stories in the Bible...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Thanks....I posted a thread on the Alien/UFO board called Heaven is space and Angels are Aliens....

Most people even worlwide agree with this phenonenom

It just makes too much sense

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Plagiarized??? Good grief.

So I guess if I tell the story of the founding of the UN it is all made up because it was plagiarized, obviously, from the founding of the League of Nations.

Or maybe I read a translation of the founding of the UN in French and certain of the concepts got fuzzy. Still plagiarized?

Maybe I tell my sons about the UN but they can no longer quote the name of the French book I read, so their retelling of the story of the founding of the UN is laughed off the playground as plagiarism?

Your snotty condescension is hardly a substitute for either understanding or good will.

I could just as easily look at your effed up avatar and declare you a fairy-tale. Or just sick in the head.

Get over your second year arrogance and realize you don't even know the questions, let alone the answers.

quote]Originally posted by Titen-Sxull

You are correct. The Genesis account was plagiarized from earlier creation accounts. Its common knowledge and yet there are still those out there who will cling to the silly notions and fairy-tale self-contradicting stories in the Bible...

[edit on 20-9-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:01 PM
link   
Just so i am getting the right idea you think that they aren't really gods but aliens? The thought has come across my mind brfore.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by kingoftheworld

Yeah...the fact that a highly intelligent being from another planet is called an alien, exact description of a god...

the word god is a term in my opinion to describe these beings...ancient terminology did not include the word alien...

Heaven=Space
Angel= Alien
Chariot of Fire= UFO
Virgin birth= artificial insemination
ascending/ through the heavens= alien visitaiton to Earth
and so on....

its not far fetched at all and I wholeheartedly agree with the extraterrestrial theory...people (religious) peopel hate to fathom this because they for the majority don't want to believe that life exists outside of Earth and then they only imagine the "Hollywood, Steven Speilberg' type of Alien...

but the ones in Genesis look like us....we were made in their image

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Mankind will never be able too ascend/evolve or progress until the truth of our origins is known. Either by the Elder Gods coming back to claim what was there’s, (Annunaki, Egyptian, Sumerian) or Biblical Deities (Angels, Demons) claim our souls.
Most of the ancient knowledge is known, but none really believe it.
But most will believe in tales, (The Bible, Koran, Ancient Texts) which are breed into us physiologically.
My 2cents worth..

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:21 PM
link   

Ooh nice interpretation!
S&F for you.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
thats interesting compare that to the story of the book of enoch and the story of the angels haha fits nicely wow good one

I am gonna do more reseaarch..right now

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by MREALE

Star

Yep....its more comforting for religious folk to keep that wonderland blanket on ....

The thing about the Annunaki is that the Egyptians, Sumerians and Mayans all worte of this account..same heirglyphocs and same ancient scolls and tablets..

a lot of the bible was taken out to divert the obvious factor that they were dealing with extraterrestrial to keep us lost....

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Cool, always looking for new links on this subject.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Petchy29

Thanks for S & F!!!

Check the links I posted for a lil more information...

Fascinating

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 10:51 PM
link   
hmm the one about the degrees of agreeable/disagreeable remind me of the mason system of degrees... maybe the system based on this??..hmm

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:04 AM
link   
What about their sister? The genetic scientist.

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 08:25 AM
link   
reply to post by damwel

Yes...they did have a sister who like the 'chief medical officer'....I have always saw at least three names for her: Ninhursag,Ninmah, and Ninki, aka Nin-khursag.

From a Biblical perspective, it was Enki who (with the critical assistance of his half-sister, Ninki, aka Nin-khursag) created Adam and Eve. It was Enlil, on the other hand, who created "Edin". Enki was the serpent in the garden, who urged Adam and Eve to eat of the fruit of the Tree of Knowledge of Good and Evil (which was infinitely beneficial to their spiritual growth). It was Enlil, who drove them out of Edin, while Enki was there to clothe them. In other words, Enki, the God of Wisdom.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

[edit on 21-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by joeofthemountain

When you copy and paste directly from an older literary work that's called plagiarism and that's exactly what the Bible did, the only minor change to creation account was the changing things to make the account seem monotheistic.

I didn't mean that those who wrote the Bible need be punished or anything of the sort merely that it is obvious that other religions, polytheistic ones, rubbed off on those who wrote the genesis account. No need to get hostile

Or do you think the account is to be taken literally and that we should forget the older written accounts that bear striking similarity?

There is a big difference between a religious creation story and the founding of the UN. As I recall the UN was founded without the help of talking snakes, forbidden fruit, cursing all humanity for the sins of 2 people. Sure there is wisdom to be gleaned from it but that doesn't make the account literally true.

Perhaps it is like the OP said and aliens had something to do with it, who knows, these ancient myths left a lot of room for speculation.

[edit on 21-9-2009 by Titen-Sxull]

posted on Sep, 21 2009 @ 10:21 AM
link   
It was during the time of Abraham that the believes in Gods became the believe in one god.

Monotheism became the base of the judeo Christan faith the Abraham changing from believing in one God ensure that his children one day would become a great nation.

But before Abraham left his city of birth he took no only his wives, concubines, servants and children he also took his gods with him.

The rest of how he became monotheistic is easily found in the bible.

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 08:44 AM
link   
I read Sitchins books, but there were several things that didn't sit right like why would they mine gold for their atmosphere? How does that work? And things like that, I eventually thought that it was more likely the Sitchin just made it up to sell books.

But the other day I watched one of Lloyd Pyes talks and he answers questions such as the above gold question and other and has made me rethink sitchins books.

Not to mention his talk was mind blowing.

Over and out
Twisted-Inside-Out

posted on Sep, 22 2009 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by Twisted-Inside-Out

it is indeed an interesting phenomenon!!!

As far as the gold mining, the location that this was ocuring was Africa, more specifically the areas known as Mesapotamia and Sumer....The need for gold? The same way that scientist today use gold particles blasted into our ozone layer as protection.....

and mind blowing? a lot less mind blowing than the original Christian version of biblical events!!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join