It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods of Genesis: mulitple gods in the Bible

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I have been working on a new theory about our genesis, with maybe a name something like "The Unified Theory of Genesis". I will attempt to show these different Gods in terms people might understand. It will also touch on the subject of evolution and creation.

The problem I have is that I am not scholastic in nature, but rather a hard core Iconoclast. Therefor I will need a great deal of input from the "historians" available here at ATS. This is a task one person could never hope to achieve in one life time, but a group working together could rebuild our lost history threw common sense, logic, and a open mind.

If anyone might be interested in this venture please U2U me. The more input we have the greater the chance of seeing the true genesis of mankind.

To the Op

It's often been noted that the bible reads as if God has a split personality...Caring and lovin, then Ruthless and jealous and then caring again, then sinister and murderous....
In the theory I propose I will attempt to explain why this double nature exists and show time lines of events,and to expose the true nature of the "Gods", Angels, and Demons.

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Please take a look at the following text - "the secret book of John" - which details the genesis, there are many translations there - but all point in 1 direction, and made my head spin.

www.gnosis.org...

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 02:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Angeldust1199
Please take a look at the following text - "the secret book of John" - which details the genesis, there are many translations there - but all point in 1 direction, and made my head spin.

www.gnosis.org...

Very nice link, and I shall devote some time to it, and interrogate it

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Ah, i heard a request for historical and scientific assistance regarding the broken history of man.
Reporting for duty as requested.
Firstly let me chip in with a proposed background to this story.
Let us say that for the last 200k years our developement as a species was un-interupted and developed to the level of interplanetary spaceflight.
Let us also say that between 20k and 11k years ago, three great catastrophes occured.
In the first, many people were lost but the technology/manufacturing base remained.
In the second both population and technology were damaged but also factionalized.
This leads us to the last and worst catastrophe, that of 11k years ago.
Now this one was a near extinction event.
Just prior to this our Sun had been doing some unusual things, flaring to levels 50x present.
The gold was mined to create a UV filter in OUR atmosphere.
Now the people who survived the last event lost everything, most of the population and all of the tech/manufacturing base.
All that was scavengable was collected, it could be repaired, it could not be replaced.
Now let me propose that what we have here are three histories of downfall and resurrection all mixed up to become the Genesis Collection.
All over the world there are stories of past times and the commonalities are the bulk of them.
Aborigines call it dream time before the trees turned upside down.
I look forward to researching the Sumerian/Babylonian/Egyptian(Khemit)/Indus valley etc cultures with you and would like your thoughts on my proposed background.
It is the proposition that we ourselves are the Anu-Na-Ki, We are our own gods, with Amnesia!

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Who stole from whom????
The Genesis account was handed down by word of mouth CENTURIES before it was written down........anyway,
to say that the Trinity of Genesis "Let us go down", "let us make", is a copy of Sumerian enlil is like looking at the aftermath of a flood and saying the faucet was on.........

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:23 PM
link   
Good call on seeing thru the crap of the bible! I did a shaman journey and got hooked up to the racial unconscious (if curious about the details, I will refer you to my thread "What I see in the Racial/collective unconscious...")

But that the angels and 'gods' of the bible were in fact older plagerized stories about the aliens that helped bring us into sentience, is exactly what I see in the racial/collective unconscious about the whole topic.

I see the greys were our creators; the elves are the arch angels, the NWO bunch were a group of aliens called the Jue-sah who were brought here to get us rowdy humans under control with part of the payment being that when the greys were thru with their 'project', they would pass the ownership of us to the NWO bunch.

Because of that, the NWO bunch has been trying to get us under control for millinia (around 300,000 years or so) and one of the most effective tools for controlling us is 'religion'. So they have been busy whipping up religions for every culture (usually comprised of a particular group of ex alien spirits now in human bodies), and trying to keep us unaware of our true origins and the fact that we all reincarnate, and that we all can access the spirit realm if we really try. Plus brainwashing us all with a bunch of stuff that is designed strictly to make us more afraid and manipulate-able.

I always love finding others who really start to question who the gods and such really were. Oh and the gods of the ancients, like rome, greece, and norse mythology were actually the elves.

[edit on 26-9-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Sep, 26 2009 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Cosmic4life

Your proposed background, is already in consideration
The premise of this theory is that time only happened one way, one time. Therefore all the written histories by all the cultures must consolidate into one unified story, based in,fact.

Another premise is that through out recorded history as has been hinted at on this site is that certain "Players" have been identified with numinous names. To me, names are not changed to protect the innocent, but to continue the criminal intent of some of those "Players". And yes, I feel that Genesis occurred at least 3 times. The names of the players always change threw each new start.

Ill get started with a framework to work with, any suggestions? A tree maybe

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:22 PM
link   
Even though you MAY be right, you could also be wrong. I personally believe that the mysteries of the Great Creator are far beyond human comprehension, no matter how much humans theorize about God i doubt anyone is even close to what the truth is.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Ghost in the Machine

See your using common sense and that is not allowed by those discussing their religious beliefs.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
Ever have a dream difficult to describe? A revelation which is difficult to explain?

We teach children those matters of children, and adults matters of adults.

Regardless of how the ages interpret that which is perceived, or that which is presented, the Truth is, as it is.

The Bible is a Legacy of testament by God through many authors over many thousands of years. A continuity not of clever design, but of Divine inspiration.

In today's day and age there are those who have speculated the Bible beening sculpted and crafted to meet the trends of the time, right up until the Dead Sea scrolls showed up that predated the Bible, and the coming of Jesus Christ.

22 Scrolls of Isaiah alone, one of which was in perfect condition. Yes, the integrity of the script of today, was found to be in accordance with script that predated Jesus. It nullified the argument of modification.

I challenge those, who wish to overlay Babylonian mythology onto Genesis to list in detail and fortify your words. Show us, that what you say is in fact true with direct quotes of both scripts. The script you speak of is called the Enuma Elis. Ive posted a reference alone to some study done on this script which was contained on tablets. It is accepted as mythology.

findarticles.com...

As for my personal belief in the contents of Genesis. I believe it to be an overview. A thousand mile up view if you will, with the details themselves giving a glimpse of creation. We do know, the Universe had a beginning.
We are children of that Universe, and that which created it.

A probability of the Impossible.

I for one believe, that the unbeliever will always be searching, yet never understanding. Put in another perspective, Jesus said it in a manner more fitting.

Matthew 13:13

This is why I speak to them in parables: "Though seeing, they do not see; though hearing, they do not hear or understand

Peace

[edit on 28-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Genesis 1's term of God does not mean that Jews believe in aliens or multiple gods. We believe in one God who is incorporeal. He is spirit.

First, it should be noted that Genesis 1 clearly supports the evolution process. Verse 20, let the waters bring forth ... verse 24, let the earth bring forth.

Then, when it came to man, we were to get that extra something special (though I wonder if this didn't apply to all mankind hehe). So, now God was creating man's intelligence though evolution of understanding. He did this through the different dispositions of mankind. Interaction. It does not mean God was man and it does not mean there was more than one God. It is metaphorical language for the way God works to create .. remember, he is incorporeal and he is spirit. That means no physical characteristics .. thus, we are the tools in God's "hands."

That is the Jewish understanding of the terminology in Genesis 1. No need to make it something that it is not. Leave the explanation to the Mind of the People who wrote it ... we use reason. To promote ignorance using the Tanakh is only embarrassing yourself.

[edit on 28-9-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY
The Bible is a Legacy of testament by God through many authors over many thousands of years. A continuity not of clever design, but of Divine inspiration.

Jewish ... the authors were all Jewish and that meant that everything that is written must be filtered through our Laws to understand properly the mind that it was written in. Also the Bible was not written over many thousands of years like most assume. Most of it was oral traditions. Save the Book of the Law (Deuteronomy), the rest of the Tanakh is believed to have been mostly written and put together during and after the time that the Jews were in Babylonian captivity.

So, the objectives will always be the same to the Jews when interpreting and those objectives are in the Laws given by Moses. It is the reason why the Shema (Deut 6:4) is one of the most important prayers to the Jewish.
Even Jesus used it thus confirming that he was not the greek demigod so many have tried to make him to be.

These non-Jewish interpretations that most have been spewing forth are silly and have distorted the view of Judaism and the Jewish People.

posted on Sep, 28 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

Indeed, my error. But at least ~1300-1500 years before Jesus appeared.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:13 AM
link   

Leave the explanation to the Mind of the People who wrote it ... we use reason. To promote ignorance using the Tanakh is only embarrassing yourself.

So, what you are saying is that non Jews need not read the bible because we are not of the mind of the creators, of the bible? Is it your intention that the Non Jews are less capable of critical thinking? Do you support the Talmud/ sanhedrin verse: "A heathen who studies the Torah deserves death … it is our inheritance, not theirs … he is as guilty as one who violates a bethrothed maiden."

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 02:52 AM
link   
reply to post by jd140

I think we both think the same way, Somethings humanity is just not meant to know, although I agree science can explain alot of things, It cannot explain the most simply things of life.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:43 AM
link   
Okay, S&F not because Your a 100% correct, but because You are on the right track. I have read Genesis, and there are many many discrepancies. I donno what the truth entails exactly, but I know the truth is more than We are told. As far as Zetatalk, or bibliotecaplayedes they are siting channeled works. I take those with a grain of salt. Not that they are fake, but the channeled message is subject to interpretation of the ego, or the mind of the Person receiving the channeled message. It can be skewed because of that very fact.
Thanks for the read.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:11 AM
link   
I have read all of Sitchin's books and that David Alford's (or whatever his name is) "Gods of the Millenium". I have studied Genesis and alot of other miscellaneous manuscripts. It's been several years, so my memory might be a little skewed. But I believe that I remember the basics.

The Hebrew word for "God" throughout some of the OT is "Elohim", which is indeed a plurality of "el" meaning "god". However, according to Jewish etymology, when someone/something is supreme, then they pluralize the word. Therefore when the Jews say "Elohim" they are saying "the Supreme God" or "God of gods".

And the saying "God of gods" doesn't necessarily imply that there are other gods. It would be the same way as if a missionary went to South America and witnessed to a group of aboriginals who believed in many gods. They would not easily give up their beliefs, so the missionary would say that "God is above even your gods."

But more importantly, let's remember that the general belief of monotheists is that the "gods" are actually demons, therefore God would be their God.

I do not discount the Sumerians and Sitchin's interpretation of their texts, nor do I accept it yet either. I simply do not know. But if Nibiru shows up, I'll definitely put more stock into Sitchin's interpretation. However that doesn't mean there isn't one Creator. As Zechariah Sitchin himself wrote in his prologue for the "The 12th Planet":

"This book suggests that we are not alone in our solar system. Yet it may enhance rather than diminish the faith in a universal Almighty. For, if the Nefilim created Man on Earth, they may only have been fulfilling a vaster Master Plan."

And then of course logic leads to: if the Anunaki exist, who created them?

[edit on 9/29/2009 by willow1d]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by HIFIGUY

Indeed, my error. But at least ~1300-1500 years before Jesus appeared.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by HIFIGUY]

What does that have to do with anything? The Tanakh is not a mystical crystal ball like so many make it out to be. It was applicable to the time it was written in and it is still applicable today because it was written with Wisdom. But the Jewish are not psychics who will read your fortune. Rather it is a guide to self responsibility.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

Leave the explanation to the Mind of the People who wrote it ... we use reason. To promote ignorance using the Tanakh is only embarrassing yourself.

So, what you are saying is that non Jews need not read the bible because we are not of the mind of the creators, of the bible? Is it your intention that the Non Jews are less capable of critical thinking? Do you support the Talmud/ sanhedrin verse: "A heathen who studies the Torah deserves death … it is our inheritance, not theirs … he is as guilty as one who violates a bethrothed maiden."

For the understanding of how we use metaphorical language, yes, I agree with the Talmud. It does not mean physical death and you would know this by FULLY reading the Torah and understanding the commands, judgments, and ordinances within. This is the key for interpreting anything written by a Jew.

And see, you don't understand the mind of Jew and thus you are misrepresenting yet another writing .... which is the very reason that the statement is said. It wasn't meant for you all .. that the Christians took it and then complain about what is written therein is your own faults. You have no ability to control your imaginations and even further, you don't take responsibility for the injustices that could incur by your random spewings of ignorance.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by willow1d
The Hebrew word for "God" throughout some of the OT is "Elohim", which is indeed a plurality of "el" meaning "god". However, according to Jewish etymology, when someone/something is supreme, then they pluralize the word. Therefore when the Jews say "Elohim" they are saying "the Supreme God" or "God of gods".

BRAVO!!!!
You have stated this perfectly! this is the correct understanding.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by justamomma]

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join