It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Gods of Genesis: mulitple gods in the Bible

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by justamomma

And see, you don't understand the mind of Jew and thus you are misrepresenting yet another writing ....
What mis interpretation? The passage is clear enough and requires no interpretation. What "death could it mean? Spiritual death? Is this going to be another Bill Clinton explanation of what is, "IS"? I believe I understand the "Jewish" mindset. Actually, I find its one of the simplest mindsets to comprehend.

So, who were the original Christians? I guess some folks who didnt agree with the Jewish laws, or Gods? Why are we not all "Jews" today if your religion is so true and honest? Oh, and don't try to say we are because us Christians were mutilated at birth with the perverted Jewish ritual mark of circumcision.

To be honest, I don't trust the Jewish version of anything, and will continue to trust my own intellectual abilities, thank you very much.

[edit on 29-9-2009 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by All Seeing Eye

And see, you don't understand the mind of Jew and thus you are misrepresenting yet another writing ....
What mis interpretation? The passage is clear enough and requires no interpretation. What "death could it mean? Spiritual death? Is this going to be another Bill Clinton explanation of what is, "IS"? I believe I understand the "Jewish" mindset. Actually, I find its one of the simplest mindsets to comprehend.

So, who were the original Christians? I guess some folks who didnt agree with the Jewish laws, or Gods? Why are we not all "Jews" today if your religion is so true and honest? Oh, and don't try to say we are because us Christians were mutilated at birth with the perverted Jewish ritual mark of circumcision.

To be honest, I don't trust the Jewish version of anything, and will continue to trust my own intellectual abilities, thank you very much.

But you are falsely representing the writings of another People. Again, to interpret them, one must know the Torah (the books of the Law ... ALL OF IT) quite well; else you will confuse yourself and others. You are looking for something of a conspiracy in anything that you can and this has caused problems NOT for the Christians or the average person who distort the Jewish writings, but the Jews themselves. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by justamomma

But you are falsely representing the writings of another People. Again, to interpret them, one must know the Torah (the books of the Law ... ALL OF IT) quite well; else you will confuse yourself and others. You are looking for something of a conspiracy in anything that you can and this has caused problems NOT for the Christians or the average person who distort the Jewish writings, but the Jews themselves. Think about it.

There is no false representation, and I do not TARGET any peoples (funny how you separate THEM). I target a book that obviously has no divine origin, and most likely originated with a bunch of evil snakes.

If there is any trouble coming, it was not I who started it. It was not I who gave "THEM" the motto "By way of deception thou shall do war" The Torah does not belong to the Talmudist, it belongs to all of mankind, if they choose to read it.

I am truly sorry that "Jews" will finally realize they are not Gods only chosen and will have to take their place along with all the others, or leave the line.

I am truly sorry that Jews will be expected to pull their own weight and decide what is truly right and wrong, and who and what is the real Divine Presents, and who is the real evil player. Ignorance is no excuse when it comes to the real Divine Law. What you have sown, you shall reap, 100 fold.

Looking for a conspiracy in everything? YOU BETTER BELIEVE IT! In my humble opinion, Jews had better stop acting like Gods, and try acting like human BEINGS for awhile so that they might better understand what a BEING truly is!!!

How do you know what "People" I come from to decide I am not one of, them? For all you know I am a Jew who woke up........

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:13 PM
link   
In response to your comment that the Tanakh belongs to the world, you are mistaken. Psalm 147:19-20 ... that is what the Tanakh *says.*

Thus the Word made flesh is the Jewish for the Tanakh is based on our history ... if you want to understand it, then you come to a Jew(ess) for that understanding.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:21 PM
link   
In response to your saying that Jews better stopping acting like gods .. read again the passage I posted above. Then, in the same writings that you want to claim are for the world, you should be able to accept what is said in Psalm 82:6. That we know this isn't referring to those of other nations is evident by Psalm 9:20. So, this writing that you are claiming to be for the world says we are what you are wanting us to deny. Though, in honesty, most Jews don't see themselves as gods in the way that you perceive. It is simply metaphorical for the word of God being established in Jacob (the People). We are no different than you all only that we are of a higher mind .. and this is evident when you look at the facts; such as half of the nobel prizes have been awarded to Jews of which there are less than 15 million in the world... the other half of the nobel prizes are shared among the other 6 billion of the world.
That is only one example. Another? The most popular book of all time, the one you claim is for the world, is written by Jews.
Get my point?

[edit on 29-9-2009 by justamomma]

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 03:26 PM
link   
In reply to how I know you are not a Jew is easy ... your mental capacity thus far is giving you away that you are not one of us. That doesn't make you less special .. only it makes you not an authority of the meanings of the context that is within the Tanakh, which was written by the Jews.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 04:48 PM
link   

The most popular book of all time, the one you claim is for the world, is written by Jews. Get my point?
I certainly do, get your point, and it must be the reason I do not accept the bible as the divine word of God. Just a book full of hogwash filled with pearls of truth here and there to catch the gullible.

Oh, but please do not misunderstand me, I personally have no loyalties for the god, lord god, of the bible as you must. I only use it for research, and when I find a truth in it I will expose it as much as I can. I also do this to other "Works" as well.

Nobel prize winners? I put them in the same category as the Emmey's or Oscars, Great bunch of actors, which seems to be the profession of choice, of the self proclaimed Jew. This seems to be where the Jews true intellectual powers manifest itself, professional lie tellers. Your artistic license is not recognized by me.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:02 PM
link   

The most popular book of all time, the one you claim is for the world, is written by Jews. Get my point?
I certainly do, get your point, and it must be the reason I do not accept the bible as the divine word of God. Just a book full of hogwash filled with pearls of truth here and there to catch the gullible.

Oh, but please do not misunderstand me, I personally have no loyalties for the god, lord god, of the bible as you must. I only use it for research, and when I find a truth in it I will expose it as much as I can. I also do this to other "Works" as well.

Nobel prize winners? I put them in the same category as the Emmey's or Oscars, Great bunch of actors, which seems to be the profession of choice, of the self proclaimed Jew. This seems to be where the Jews true intellectual powers manifest itself, professional lie tellers. Your artistic license is not recognized by me.

You are certainly entitled to your opinion. You may call the Tanakh hogwash and to me .. that is honestly easier to accept than when someone who doesn't understand that the laws given to the Jewish are meant to interpret the writings tries to interpret them but based on fallacious premises.

And don't forget, subjective truth is not necessarily the same as objective truth, but for either of these to be labeled as truth, you must have knowledge (not assumptions) that it is actually true. The premise of this thread is not based on either subjective or objective truth .. and certainly it was not the intention of the writer of Genesis to be seen in that particular way.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Now, I am entitled to my opinion? How gracious of you to allow tamudic law to be deviated. Did the OP ask your permission to study the bible? Do we have to pay a "Royalty" to the surviving Jewish family members that wrote the bible? Oh wait a minute, we do in the form of "Tithing's"....

The word God in genesis is a term for the highly advanced beings that created the human-kind...there were indeed multiple gods throughout the creation and Genesis focuses mainly on the main two( high ranking ) gods.

And don't forget, subjective truth is not necessarily the same as objective truth, but for either of these to be labeled as truth, you must have knowledge (not assumptions) that it is actually true. The premise of this thread is not based on either subjective or objective truth .. and certainly it was not the intention of the writer of Genesis to be seen in that particular way.
Are you now telling us, you have knowledge of 2000 year old events?? Knowledge of the mind that wrote genesis? For if you do please explain this schizophrenic mindset and how on one hand this god was all loving, and on the other a real psychopathic murder.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   

Now, I am entitled to my opinion? How gracious of you to allow tamudic law to be deviated. Did the OP ask your permission to study the bible? Do we have to pay a "Royalty" to the surviving Jewish family members that wrote the bible? Oh wait a minute, we do in the form of "Tithing's"....

Don't be so easily offended. My point was saying that you should not try to interpret a writing of another People if you aren't going to try to understand the foundation of that writing. The foundation are the Laws given specifically to the Jewish. Better to write the whole thing off than to misrepresent it to the world.

The word God in genesis is a term for the highly advanced beings that created the human-kind...there were indeed multiple gods throughout the creation and Genesis focuses mainly on the main two( high ranking ) gods.

You are too mystical in your interpretations. There is only one God. He is incorporeal and He is spirit. The other gods spoken of our humans. Have you studied the Pharoahs of Egypt who acted as mediums between God and man? That is what the Tanakh is referring to.

Are you now telling us, you have knowledge of 2000 year old events?? Knowledge of the mind that wrote genesis? For if you do please explain this schizophrenic mindset and how on one hand this god was all loving, and on the other a real psychopathic murder.

I am of the Mind that wrote the Tanakh. So, yes. I accept the Laws to understand them .. and this is the context in which the Tanakh is written.

You are only perceiving me to be saying that *I* am better than you. I am not .. I have acknowledged that there are those who are not Jewish who have intelligence wothy of noticing. I just don't perceive you to be one who has the intelligence of the Jewish Mind to interpret our Scriptures. If you wrote something metaphorically based on an understanding that I was not privy to, then I would not be qualified to make judgments about its interpretation. I do not feel less of a person for this.

Get to know the commands, statutes, and judgments of our People and perhaps you will come to a better understanding so as to be qualified one worthy of teaching others about our writings.

posted on Sep, 29 2009 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Don't be so easily offended. My point was saying that you should not try to interpret a writing of another People if you aren't going to try to understand the foundation of that writing. The foundation are the Laws given specifically to the Jewish. Better to write the whole thing off than to misrepresent it to the world.
Offended? I have you as a friend, it wont change
I have a scholastic sword I carry, when it comes out of its sheath, don't be frightened, don't be offended.

Oh, but I do understand the "Foundation", and motivation, of the "Jewish" law, and who issued it. And, it is not I who attempts to "Mis Represent" it, I only represent it. It will be the world that passes judgment on your laws. It will be honest Judges who will decide its criminal content.

I just don't perceive you to be one who has the intelligence of the Jewish Mind to interpret our Scriptures
And you can thank the Divine God Almighty, creator of Heaven and Earth, and of our physical creators, and of the Angels, that I have a mind that can not be deceived, controlled, manipulated. Thank you very much......

Get to know the commands, statutes, and judgments of our People and perhaps you will come to a better understanding so as to be qualified one worthy of teaching others about our writings.
I have no intention of teaching anyone Talmudic Law, I intend on WARNING them.

The water is separating from the slimy snake oil, my friend

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Thanks All Seeing Eye

and to bring the point back home to what we are trying to say is that there are PLURAL gods int he bible...who are the other gods?

If you look at the cosmic angle of it all, there were indeed beings sent from 'heaven' or 'beyond the sky' which would be considered 'space'...

outer space to be exact...

Beings from another planet that visit earth are called aliens, or angels back in that time...what would a person in anciet Sumerian times consider a being who

a. comes from another world ( a.k.a planet)
b. possess much higher intelligence (holy)
c. exhibit extremely higher technology in science and medicine (miracles, blessings
d. able to destroy cites with advances weaponry like nuclear weapons ( such as in Sodam and Gomorrah)

They would consider them gods...

Today say aliens....now don't think of the Stephen Spielberg alien, because we actually look like them

" Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings"

So again, the gods were not supernatural; they were extraterrestrial.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie
Thanks All Seeing Eye

and to bring the point back home to what we are trying to say is that there are PLURAL gods int he bible...who are the other gods?

If you look at the cosmic angle of it all, there were indeed beings sent from 'heaven' or 'beyond the sky' which would be considered 'space'...

outer space to be exact...

Beings from another planet that visit earth are called aliens, or angels back in that time...what would a person in anciet Sumerian times consider a being who

a. comes from another world ( a.k.a planet)
b. possess much higher intelligence (holy)
c. exhibit extremely higher technology in science and medicine (miracles, blessings
d. able to destroy cites with advances weaponry like nuclear weapons ( such as in Sodam and Gomorrah)

They would consider them gods...

Today say aliens....now don't think of the Stephen Spielberg alien, because we actually look like them

" Let US make mankind in OUR image, according to OUR likings"

So again, the gods were not supernatural; they were extraterrestrial.

Yes, I do completely agree with your assessment. ALL the gods of history are either aliens, or made up, like the bible's version.

For the most part the gods were the elves or the greys.

They are both aliens. The elves have many worlds.

I think in the ST universe which Roddenberry modeled on his more metaphysical view, he used the Vulcans to represent the elves. He knew they were real, and that they pretty much are on humanity's side.

I wouldn't say they are more intelligent though, simply more advanced in the knowledge they possess. We humans can actually out-think most of the aliens because we have so many different kinds of ex-aliens in our racial/collective unconscious which allows us to pull from many different kinds of knowledge and create whole new types of ideas aka creativity.

And seeming high technology stuff was actually done by using raw energy. Very few of the aliens need to use hard technology to do stuff. The blues and Jue-sah are about the only ones. And they are using us to invent stuff for them, because we are way more creative in doing that than they are.

And the destruction of cities like Sodom and Garmora were caused by raw energy bolts. Why invent something as dirty as nuclear stuff when you can do the same thing with a blast of raw energy?? But that does give you some clue about how powerful the elves were.

And the tribulation? Most all of that stuff is going to be the Elves digging the Illuminati/NWO bunch/ex-jue-sah humans out of their hidy-holes and sending them back in time to do it again. They aren't going to be all that careful about it so make sure to stay out of the way!

[edit on 30-9-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Hmmmm.....

# You shall have no other Gods but me.
Interesting that this is a commandment. Why would 'he' even bring it up if 'he' was alone in the deity department? It kind of implies that there are other gods, but they really aren't the sort of gods you should be hanging around with, because 'he' really is the best god, really.

# You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
Again, we get the feeling that this would be a bit of a nod to those other nasty gods. Again, this is a bit redundant if 'he' is the only god available. Two commandments in, and we're repeating stuff that really shouldn't have to be said in the first place.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Badgered1
Hmmmm.....

# You shall have no other Gods but me.
Interesting that this is a commandment. Why would 'he' even bring it up if 'he' was alone in the deity department? It kind of implies that there are other gods, but they really aren't the sort of gods you should be hanging around with, because 'he' really is the best god, really.

# You shall not make for yourself any idol, nor bow down to it or worship it.
Again, we get the feeling that this would be a bit of a nod to those other nasty gods. Again, this is a bit redundant if 'he' is the only god available. Two commandments in, and we're repeating stuff that really shouldn't have to be said in the first place.

Oh, 'he' (aka NWO bunch) was just making sure that none of the people who used to worship the elves were still going to, because the elves were WAY much cooler gods than the lame excuse of one the NWO made up for their bible.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by DragonriderGal]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 01:14 PM
link   
You shall have no other gods before me....

More than one 'god' exists....

Lord Enlil was the jealous 'god' as noted in the bible and didn't want the mankind to worship anyone else other than him....

This is the same 'god' ( Lord Enlil) who walked through the garden wondering who told these humans they were naked ( ignorant) and why are they partaking the fruit ( knowledge)....so Enki ( the kinder god) is the one who tells Eve this information and he is then known as a traitor, or"sepent" in the bible....

Enki is the 'god ' in Genesis that performed the 'creation' of mankind (DNA splicing of the primates and the Annunaki beings)....

Notice how the bible switches from God to the Lord God often, and it seems a lot like god has mulitple personalties...

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by ButterCookie

Notice how the bible switches from God to the Lord God often, and it seems a lot like god has mulitple personalties...
Exactly!!

The name changers!!! My point is not to decide which of these gods is the true one, because none of them are, and never can be. Enki and Enlil both knew the truth to their genetic mission, and that was to create the vessel, the holy grail. They are the ones who created the term god in the first place.

When I was teaching my daughter how to drive I told here to listen to me and do exactly what I told her, when I told her. I knew the dangers and what could be the result of one innocent little mistake, and I told her you think of me as your GOD! Do not question what I say, just do it! I could have used s drill Sergent scenario, but I thought God would be more powerful. She understood the meaning and has went on accident free to this day, fingers crossed!

Jesus Christ, is not your God, but I do have to admit he was closer than anything represented in the bible. The Gospel Of Judas which is now only seeing the light of day tells you who he was a agent for, that being what is referred to as the ancient gods, or in my opinion, the Greek gods.

""I know who you are and where you have come from," Judas says. "You are from the immortal realm of Barbelo."
www.rense.com...

So now, the complex name changers in the bible are compounded by even more gods from "Barbelo". Any guesses where this "Land" lay?

Edit to add: In my view if one source of the word God is researched it can not be understood unless the other sources of the word are researched side by side. Otherwise, one or the other will be taken out of context.

[edit on 30-9-2009 by All Seeing Eye]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Yep...You even see them have full fledge conversations in the bibe (ex: Then God said xxxxxxx, and the lord God said xxxxxxx).....

but because religion has been manipulated for our minds to imagine that one 'supernatural deity in the sky'

The place where I've researched that the gods ( Annunaki alien race) came from is Nibiru.....NASA has renamed it Planet X...

Nibiru is what's been said to "come back" in 2012, and all that means is that it will have completed its orbit around the sun, which takes 3600 yrs and be close to the earth again, close enough that its supposed to affect Earth (major catasrophies) with a pole shift.

That's where the ancients get the sayng " God is going to return one day, and there will be major destruction on the Earth"....its really just an astrological 'return'

[edit on 30-9-2009 by ButterCookie]

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

The place where I've researched that the gods ( Annunaki alien race) came from is Nibiru.....NASA has renamed it Planet X...
As George Carlin said, there are reasons for everything. I can not argue what may or may not happen when our solar system goes though another cycle, but I can argue the genesis of the word "Nibiru. We disagree on this.

It is inevitable that time will reveal the truth on all matters. The truth of "Nibiru" will also be revealed. In my opinion It has far more to do with the word "Barbelo" than it does planet x.

posted on Sep, 30 2009 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by All Seeing Eye

Ok...but the main point is that we both acknowledge that we have cosmic ancestry and that the gods of the bible are referring to these alien beings...

right??

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join