It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Broke the 2,000 barrier

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
This is a good thing right?

Plus we just broke 7,000,000 posts.

Means more people are interested, means the site's getting more publicity.

This is a good thing...right?

Here's the link to demographics.
www.quantcast.com...

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Republican08]

Edit to add: Got confirmation that this is indeed a very good thing

[edit on 19-9-2009 by Republican08]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Republican08

I wish it was more quality than quantity oriented.
I've been reading old threads and many look much more subtantial than what I've seen posted here since I joined.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ethereal Gargoyle

I wish it was more quality than quantity oriented.
I've been reading old threads and many look much more subtantial than what I've seen posted here since I joined.

I've seen tons of threads, with substantial quality, and others without it.

But I do see some, and heck even some of my own have been :/ .

Albeit.

I'm always very amused, and delighted seeing Slayer's threads and themythlives. Always informative and mind blowing!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:02 AM
link   
too right champ, gotta have balance, good witht the bad, bad with the good, its harmony!!!! aint it !! Flg'd!!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by scubagravy
too right champ, gotta have balance, good witht the bad, bad with the good, its harmony!!!! aint it !! Flg'd!!

Thanks Scuba!

It's a yin yang type of thing I guess.

I've been on here over a year, and don't think i've ever seen it, this high up!

Congrats to all the mods, supermods, and Site Adminstrators

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Regardless of the small critisms that occur here, I think this is well deserved.

*golf clap*

Well done ATS

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:32 AM
link   
**Applause***

Who would of thought a conspiracy site would become mainstream?

I think this shows that more and more people are waking up everyday.

People are becoming more and more disenfranchised with the system and MSM.

Thanks to the staff and my fellow members ATS is a better source of news and information then just about any other site out there.

[edit on 19-9-2009 by lucentenigma]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:09 PM
link   
Ok, so where did they get those demographics? Sex, age, race, income, kids/no kids, education level, where I access the site from, what sites I visit... I didn't give this site that info about me... where'd they get it then?

[edit on 19/9/2009 by Iamonlyhuman]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:14 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

Ok, but what about where I access the site from and what sites I visit? And, it looks like the data is updated every week, the survey you provided was taken back in 2007. Was the data extrapolated or is there another method of collecting this data?

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Can't help you with that one. I don't know how Quantcast works.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Can you find out? It looks like I edited my post at the same time as you responded. The question was:

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

Ok, but what about where I access the site from and what sites I visit? And, it looks like the data is updated every week, the survey you provided was taken back in 2007. Was the data extrapolated or is there another method of collecting this data?

I don't view this as a Quantcast issue as ATS is the field within which Quantcast is mining the data and, as such is a question that ATS must ask.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman
Can you find out?

Quantcast is a website ranking service that has aspirations to replace the very-biased and inaccurate business models of Neilson NetRatings and Comscore.

The core idea is very similar to Alexa, compare all websites against each other on as much available data as possible... without collecting or storing the personal information of site visitors (IP's are collected, but never associated with personal data).

With this information -- combined with other "big picture" information such as massive traffic logs from ISPs -- they attempt to provide two things for all websites...
1 - popularity rank in US visits
2 - broad-stroke demographic information of US visitors

In some cases, Quantcast acquires well-researched demographic information from very-large mainstream sites. The it cross-references this data by comparing visits to these known-demographic sites to visits with unknown-demographics to compile the kind of guess you see for ATS... which is all it is, a guess based on how many people who visit ATS also visit the sites with known demographics.

We've never shared any demographic info with Quantcast -- or anyone else -- and never will because, we don't collect any.

We've never shared any personal information with Quantcast -- or anyone else -- and never will because, we don't collect any.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord
In some cases, Quantcast acquires well-researched demographic information from very-large mainstream sites. The it cross-references this data by comparing visits to these known-demographic sites to visits with unknown-demographics to compile the kind of guess you see for ATS... which is all it is, a guess based on how many people who visit ATS also visit the sites with known demographics.

We've never shared any personal information with Quantcast -- or anyone else -- and never will because, we don't collect any.

So it is extrapolated from other "similar" sites then. Thank you.
I didn't think ATS collected this kind of data (because you never asked me for any) but I had to ask.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 02:27 AM
link   
1,961 I'm curious now.

I've been here for a year and it's moved only slightly.

It's almost gone up 100!

Bit suspicious.... why it's doing so well now!

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:33 PM
link   

It can only be because of the content of its contributors. Maybe more people are taking notice and find what everyone is talking about to be interesting. It is a good thing and not suspicious.

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 01:37 PM
link   
remember, while our traffic increases, other sites might see traffic decrease so we would move up quicker. etrade is now behind us. I found that to be truly odd but, perhaps, many of the folks who used to use etrade aren't trading as often or simply no longer have accounts with etrade.

also, and SO can give more info on this but I think that the actual

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:18 PM
link   
Actually in the last year we have moved over 1,000 places... We didn't get under 2,500 until December last year and a year ago now we were only at 2,900 + or -

It's been a steady climb with lots of dips and peaks... As Crakeur points out, it's not just a factor of us growing but other sites declining as well.

Springer...

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Me too, nevermind.

[edit on 23-9-2009 by jackflap]

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 07:50 PM
link   
nevermind

[edit on 23-9-2009 by theRiverGoddess]

top topics

join