It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What does drinking out of a skull signify?

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by LABTECH767

I think you misunderstand. There is nothing wrong with the Catholic ritual. But to claim other groups do things you don't agree with, then ignore that particular ritual, is not being honest. I just don't see how anyone can claim to have an opinion on a ritual that they know nothing about. I am a mason, yet I have not gone through the York Rite and have not seen this ritual. So I have no opinion on it, other than so leave an open mind. I do that so I can learn new things instead of thinking I already know everything.
edit on 19-12-2013 by network dude because: bad spelr

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Its the logistics isn't it that is baffling, I mean surely the liquid runs out the eye sockets when you try and drink and how the hell do you put it down afterwards without the whole thing rolling off the table, its not even practical tableware.

Thankfully there are some sane people with their heads screwed on, well at least for the moment, might not be so lucky when we pop it...lol

No point flogging a dead horse, we should decapitate it, scoop out its brains and all have a drink out its skull, its Christmas after all

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:41 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:42 AM
link   

LABTECH767

I Would suggest you read the new testament, paying particular attention to the statement made by Christ (WHOM IS NOT LUCIFER - how can a house divided stand) that 'this is my body', 'this is my blood', 'do this in memory of me' and then if your accusation against the Catholics is such and that no other church regards it in this fashion then are they by your argument not more Christian, I actually disagree as it is a pan Christian belief and those whom partake of the sacrament (not those whom pop it in there mouth but those whom partake) actually by taking the body of Christ into themselves offer there own Body as a living sacrifice to the Lord and whom take his Blood offer there own LIFE and so are one in Christ, this is what binds Christians together (not all that go to church are Christians) and in doing so they become one with him and one another.

If you do not understand now then you never will.

See, you have an explanation of communion. How can you judge Freemasons without knowing the context and lesson which we teach?

I was born and raised a Catholic, went to a Catholic School, was an alter boy, a Minister of the Eucharist, ran a youth group as a young adult, and was, at one stage in my life (before I met my wife) going to be a Selesian Brother.

Later on in life, when I started my comparative religious studies, I started to question several of their core dogmas, including transubstantiation, and I could no longer, in good faith, remain in the Catholic church.

But believe me when I say I understand communion and the Eucharist, as a large part of my life was dedicated to Catholic ministry (and then other Christian ministry) in one form or another.

And in my opinion, Catholics are more Christian than many other 'Christian' churches. I just feel that they (as well as the other Christian churches) have gotten some things wrong.

edit on 19/12/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Delete - double post.
edit on 19/12/2013 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:04 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

LOL that is awesome, Happy Christmas to you dude! for a moment I was worried it was going to be a tequila slammer!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:19 AM
link   
reply to post by network dude

I will for sure maybe a couple or 3
and a few more for you and the Brethren

made in Canada by the way.

Crystal Head Vodka Hints: Large Bottles to Sell in Ontario

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by kingswillquiver

I like Dan Brown's books to but this time he got one of his facts wrong...
It's not the Freemasons who use the skull, it's the "Skull and Bones" an undergraduate senior secret society at Yale University, New Haven, Connecticut. It is the oldest senior class landed society at Yale. The society's alumni organization, the Russell Trust Association.

Now the Skull itself belonged to the Great Apache, Geronimo...

From Wiki

Six members of the Yale secret society of Skull and Bones, including Prescott Bush, served as Army volunteers at Fort Sill during World War I. It has been claimed by various parties that they stole Geronimo's skull, some bones, and other items, including Geronimo's prized silver bridle, from the Apache Indian Prisoner of War Cemetery at Fort Sill, Oklahoma

With so many super secret societies who play a role in a globalist/corporatist conspiracy for world control... even Dan get them mixed up I guess

Supposedly new members drink from the skull as part of the joining ritual??? they think it gives them some of Geronimo's power...

edit on 19-12-2013 by HardCorps because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Sauron

Enjoy the libation. Save the bottle. I think I will pick one up just to have a bad ass change holder.
I currently use a bottle of Jack Daniels Single Barrel Select to hold dimes. Once it's full, I get to replace the bottle!

posted on Dec, 19 2013 @ 12:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Fair enough, I can not argue with a man or woman whom stands by there convictions and I admire that.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Personally I feel you are mistaking Masonic rituals for The Skull & Bones society.

The book you're referring to, I believe is The Lost Symbol.
Now to take this fictional piece and use it as evidence of a ritual brings me to two conclusions.
You believe it to be true, without a proper source.
Or it's convenient for you to besmirch Masonry as you already have an opinion about the brotherhood that you are unwilling to change, despite numerous Masons answering your questions.

But sadly, the second seems more likely as with each answer you have claimed that they are just saying what they want to hide the truth.
Which leads me, and possibly many others to wonder why you would ask the question, if you were only going to accept an answer that corroborates your opinion?

Again, it's a Skull & Bones ritual, not Masonic.

But believe what you like, you haven't started this thread to open your mind, or to find answers, but rather to berate Masons within ATS with an opinion you based on Dan Brown's novel.

Peace.

posted on Jan, 23 2014 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by CharlieSpeirs

As I said before, I actually have a skull, and drink from it all the time. In fact it's got eyes and lots of other parts. I've used it my whole life!

posted on Jan, 31 2014 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

LOL I love your sense of humour, please don't ever stop sharing!

Good to see your an innie and not an outie

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 06:11 AM
link   
reply to post by oxford

Thanks oxford (which of the 39 colleges are you, or the whole ball of wax?). To be more serious, I think drinking out of a skull is something akin to dancing on your own grave, or whistling in the dark (huh?), or sex at a funeral (I'll have to find and link that Roches song!). People who drink from skulls are just taking a sip of eternity, although they should make sure that the skull and eternity are clean beforehand.

edit on 1-2-2014 by Aleister because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Aleister

I don't belong to any of the colleges, but I have visited the 40th one where some of the kids spend their time
quite the experience I can tell you! (I'm well past the schooling age to be honest lol). I actually choose the nick name because I was born there.

In the serious discussion of skull drinking, I don't care for it at all, the symbolism is good tho for what it represents!

Recently I came across some info that said decapitation causes the binding of the soul to the earth plane, don't think I believe that but it was interesting, reminded me of highlander 'there can be only one'! lol

I'd definitely take the 'snogging at a funeral' over 'drinking out of a skull', I'll make a note never to play the dare game with you!

Thanks for the laughter!
Ox

posted on Feb, 1 2014 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Go back and read the whole thread, it was a mason that said this here on the forum, it is not practiced in the UK but it is practiced in lodges in other parts of the world.

posted on Feb, 2 2014 @ 04:10 PM
link   

oxford

Go back and read the whole thread, it was a mason that said this here on the forum, it is not practiced in the UK but it is practiced in lodges in other parts of the world.

Just to clarify - it's only in Knights Templar Preceptories that this is done, not in Freemasonry proper.
But not in UK Knights Templar Preceptories. In other constitutions where this is practiced, it's hardly ever from a real skull.

And yes, CharlieSpeirs, I am a Mason. Perhaps, since you have not read the whole thread, I should add that this is done in an extremely powerful and meaningful piece of ritual, which is most certainly not considered creepy nor sinister by anybody that I know has done the Knights Templar degree. In fact, it is a very moving and beautiful piece of ritual dealing with overcoming the fear of death.

But perhaps this is why we keep our rituals secret, because without the context, one could easily mistake it for being creepy or sinister. Furthermore, and more importantly, I won't say more because I wouldn't like to give too much away to my Brethren who still want to experience this beautiful Degree.

posted on Feb, 3 2014 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Thanks for the insight pal. Appreciate it, it's always good to learn something new everyday.

To be fair the reason I didn't finish the thread was due to reading so much that seemed belittling to Masonry, which even though not a Mason this is still very irritating and all too common. I felt the need to reply rather than read on, I didn't actually answer the title question seeing as the questions had changed within a few posts. As you said it is not Freemasonry proper but another branch who have included a ritual from Templar/S&B tradition.

I had heard it was symbology of overcoming the fear of death previously and seems quite fitting.
Maybe heard it here at ATS, but also I think within "The Lost Symbol"!

Also I'd like to say I don't actually find this creepy anymore than a Holy Communion. Symbolism is rather important, once people comprehend the deeper meaning it's almost enlightening.
People do get worked up over nothing so the esoteric side of things is also important.

Just so people, including the OP, understand I didn't say what I said to offend, but the thread did eventually come across as a barrage of attacks against Masonry and seemed nothing to do with what the ritual signified. Apologies if it came across as rude.

Peace.
edit on 3-2-2014 by CharlieSpeirs because: Auto-Correct!

posted on Feb, 6 2014 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by fraterormus

Thanks for the explanation, learn something new everyday here

posted on Mar, 21 2014 @ 08:40 PM
link   
To be or not to be...that is the question

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join