It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racism is for Ignorant Fools, not ATS.

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:56 PM
link   
A couple of points:
Obama is black and white. If black people speak against Bush were they racist?
If we speak against Obma and are called racist does this mean that Black presidents can't be disagreed with because it would mean we are racist?

Racism is kept alive by using labels to identify a human being and we use the labels to control the population or force an issue a certain way.

Blacks push that button more then whites and according to a friend of mine, racism is more prominent in South American Countries.

If we all want to stop racism then lets stop calling each other by any other identifier, other then our name. We see forms all the time that say non discrimination based on race, and then they ask what our race is.

The Obama camp uses the race card to keep us from making him accountable for his words and actions and to keep us from demanding He show us his papers. If he has nothing to hide, what is the issue? And this has nothing to do with color, unless I am black railing against his white side, or white against his black side.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Originally posted by infinite
In my opinion, extreme as it may seem, ATS is dead. As I've said before, this site will be listed as a hate site soon, her soul has been corrupted and killed by an ugly force.

I see exactly the same thing. Sad but true!

Originally posted by kj6754
As I read the board daily I am starting to feel the site is headed in that direction. Hopefully I am wrong and things will get better.

Hey....that makes at least four of us.

This'll offend someone, but.....I always wonder if the phrase, "I'm not racist, I hate everyone equally", is sometimes used as a justification for hating anyone.....'cause I really can't imagine a person so bitter that they hate everyone.

Do you wonder how often it's used as a cop-out? "I can hate anyone I want as long as I claim to hate everyone...."

I suppose some pathological maladjustment may explain something like that....but intuition tells me that would be a rarity in the general population....maybe a touch more likely in the sub-group that is ATS posters.

I apologize for my brain working that way....questions and conundrums pop into my consciousness all the time.....usually when I'm digging into the "code" behind someone's words that are showing on the computer screen.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:00 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Religion isn't a RACE.

Muslim and Jew and Christian are not RACES.

Ideology, philosophies being ragged on is derigeur. Not only should it be expected, it is essential.

Using one's mind to evaluate and JUDGE is what that bit of grey matter is for.

Lifestyle isn't a RACE.

Expecting that people should not and will not dislike and express dislikes for lifestyles they find abhorent or frightening is antithetical to critical thought.

CULTURE is not RACE. BEing offended and disgusted by matters of cultural divergence is also normal - and essential to a thinking mind.

I doubt most people's ability to understand this difference, Mods or not.

And so far this thread proves out that Mods, or not, almost no one understands what racism is. Therefore, I doubt their ability to make decisions on the basis of something so few can discern from culturalism, religious hatreds, lifestyle commentary to name just a few categories that aren't racism but no one seems to know it.

[edit on 2009/9/18 by Aeons]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Thank you for this. You put simple enough. Hopefully everyone will get the message

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Those are usually considered aspects of race. But, of course you have to lawyer things so the administration of ATS will have to expand on it all.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Well put Aeons.

I believe many things in our society are accepted in a non-accurate depiction or connotation. The accurate word would probably be "Culturalism" rather than Racism, in my opinion.

I spent five rough years in Baltimore, myself a white male, my wife a black female. We saw many instances of both racism and culturalism; neither are appropriate. I personally feel the term "racism" is understood as both by many people.

I'm thankful ATS brought this up, despite the etymological differences that may come up.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SpacePunk
reply to post by Aeons

Those are usually considered aspects of race. But, of course you have to lawyer things so the administration of ATS will have to expand on it all.

Lifestyle, religion and culture are NOT race. They are not functions of some genetic predisposition. Culture is not the size and form of a jaw bone. There is no lifestyle choice that is determined by how your feet related to your toes.

These are NOT aspects of Race. Never have been. Never will be.

We could wake tomorrow and choose to change any of those things.

You cannot wake tomorrow and decide, you know, I am officially an Australian Aboriginie. Poof - let it be done.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Aeons

Could you then please define what racism is? So far you have stated what it is not. I keep asking the same question, but nobody is willing (or able) to do so.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:30 PM
link   
If you really REALLY believe that your personal culture is not the best option, then why don't you change it?

Culturalism is inherent in your personal memes. And yes, I do believe that some cultural idealogy are superior to others. So do you. If you didn't, you would cleve instead to another that did reflect a superior meme in your opinion.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Will you be updating the terms and conditions in the future when the American people finally elect a woman president?

This is a man's world!

Sexism, coming to main stream politics and ATS soon!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nichiren
reply to post by Aeons

Could you then please define what racism is? So far you have stated what it is not. I keep asking the same question, but nobody is willing (or able) to do so.

Sure, racism is the thought that one body morphology of humans is superior to another based on that body morphology, when that difference is applied to both genders within that category.

When applied to superiority based on reproductive body morphology, it is sexism.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:39 PM
link   

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I agree with this in principle, but what exactly is racism? Is believing that the world is inhabited by different races of humans (which I think is likely, though I also think all these races are equal) racist?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:15 PM
link   
All I want to know Sceptic Overloard:

Why hasn't there been a banner about rabbid anti-homosexual Ignorant Fools?

Or is that still ok at ATS?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nutter

Relax, I'm sure one day we will elect an openly homosexual president too.

Until then, lets take one battle at a time in the fight against ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Blatant disregard for the meaning of words, and the pretense that differences of thought are not germaine to humanity is not denial of ignorance.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   
While I agree with your message, you compromise the integrity of your site by posting personal opinions. Please keep your opinions to yourself for the sake of unbiased dialog. This is the second such post I have seen by/from owners/moderators in recent months. Please keep free speech an option, since the rest of the world media IS biased.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Walkswithfish

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

There is no equivocation, to be racist is to be an ignorant fool not worthy of participation in society,

That is exactly why the extreme left have tried to make ALL opposition to their agendas appear as racially motivated because the president is black.

The ignorance is all a matter of perspective, or party affiliation?

But you cannot dismiss the fact that race has been made a political issue, and the race card was dealt in an especially dirty way by the left.

There are some fringe elements out there who are also involved heavily in spreading the belief that anyone opposed to the president is a racist.

I mostly hang around the political issues and breaking news forums. I don't see much overt racism though i see outright vitriol between the political parties. anyone who disagrees is banished to the despicable other party. the race card is really only played by one party, the left, because they have found that it works. to disagree with this administrations bailout policies and have doubts about the efficacy of a 1000 page health insurance overhall that has been written by who know and read by nobody is quite simply not about race, but people insist it is in a whole variety of ways. it's just a strategy to get their way, to dismiss questions. because to cry racism is unanswerable, particularly if you say that saying you aren't is an indicator you are, or saying you don't know why disagreement is considered racist is proof you are racist. those are very sippery and unanswerable concepts.

i suggest that they don't work. certainly they cancel discussion, but they also generate a lot of anger and resentment.

as walkswithfish says, race has become a political issue. that is a disaster for race relations and for proper discussion.

obama has made it clear that he does not tolerate criticism. he, through his press sec, either laughs it off or pleads ignorance of the issue, or he makes cracks about those Fox News folks who disapprove of him. that is false. he has many supporters who appear on Fox News, but he cannot accept even a little skepticism. A president has to be able to accept and expect criticism and even disagreement. He has set a very unfortunate precedent about using the race card so often.

race is the least critical issue we have to deal with as a result of obama's actions since taking office.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nutter
All I want to know Sceptic Overloard:
Why hasn't there been a banner about rabbid anti-homosexual Ignorant Fools?
Or is that still ok at ATS?

Maybe because sexual deviance, or preference if you prefer, doesn't equate people to a minority status? I think my grandma said it best about the whole gay 'rights' issue when she asked, "Why in the world are people in the streets yelling about what they do in their bedroom?"
I'm going to start me up a Camel Toe lobby to push legislation and propel my Pro-Toe agenda into the mainstream media. Why not?

new topics

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join