It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving to england?help?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

Yeah I think it will cost you quite a lot to go to uni here, living expenses are the hardest thing.

Most students who are born here struggle, I know I did back in college.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:40 PM
link   

about getting beaten up, avoid people like this:

and:

while you may be able to handle your self. 1 turns into 20 in minutes. and they have no morals. they cant even hold a conversation.

also if you are invited to go over to a camp site(gypsy). DONT, you will get robbed.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by MR BOB]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by MR BOB

Haha your so right, once again great advice.

Where did you find such great examples!?!?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:44 PM
link   
thx o i will be sure to stay away from them,is it true that english people are good in the week,but in weekends they get drunk and start fights?
im really concerned about footbal hooligans and people like that,if i have to get ina fight every 3 days ill be probably feel better even here ):
still im quiet guy,i dont enjoy footabal matches or clubs,i preffer going to a caffe with girlfriend or to some forest..so i guess..dont know

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Stillalive]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   
might want to watch this film snatch

for just about everything to stay away from

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:48 PM
link   

I some parts of the cities yes, I'm not going to lie. Lots of young people go get wasted on weekends, some go and get in fights. Its not that bad though, just avoid the places known for that kind of thing and you will be fine. In Birmingham its Broad St, you would not be missing anything by not going there on a weekend anyway.

Most Brits are fairly decent people, I meet some incredible people in the strangest places. You just gotta avoid the places that you hear about being troublesome.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:51 PM
link   

the weekend thing yes. stay away from city/town centers on friday night. saturday night. usually after 8pm it can get a bit crazy.

You will be able to find a cafe easily. usually bad food, bad coffee. and lots of builders...and usually pretty dirty.

bars on weekdays are usually ok, especially fanchises such as wetherspoons(cheap beer and food) much better for a lunch with your friends.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:55 PM
link   
dammit,this weekend gang stuff is too much for me,im going to have to seriously think about smaller england cityes or other country when its time,i really hate dealing with rude idiots,its one of the main reasons why i want to get away from here,and people here dont seem THAT crazy...sure sometimes but...i dont know..i guess there are stuff like that in bulgaria the same

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:13 PM
link   
ARE YOU SERIOUS?

I don't like to call people fools... but gee, man, you're a fool!

Stay in Bulgaria or wherever you are.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Most British people refused to do nights/weekedns etc? Really? I love these sweeping generalisations based on fudge all.

I've been doing 4 on 4 off for 6 years now. I do two 12hr days, then two 12hr night shifts.. I'm as British as they come.

All my co-workers are British.

The only Poles or immigrants we see are the ones who come round in the morning and evening to empty the bins and push the hoover around, and let me tell you this, they don't do a very good job and look unmotivated as hell.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

Obviously I didn't mean everyone, but most of the places I have worked the unsociable hours and night shifts have mainly been done by immigrants. I can only talk from my experience.

I remember when I worked nights at Sainsbury's about 5 years ago 99% of the British staff would refuse to do nights, that's even with the extra pay. I worked 12-12 five nights a week for 2 years.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by refuse_orders

Well, maybe in unskilled jobs such as shelf-stacking and mopping floors, Brits might be reluctant to do them for the measly pay, but many still do. Students and the "fresh out of school" seem to staff most of the 24hr shops graveyard shifts round these parts.

You shouldn't blanket everyone with the same brush, just based on your own experiences, it entirely depends on the are you live in, the population there etc.

I've found in my own experience that the kids from middle-class families seem to be pushed into taking any available work by their parents than those whose parents, shall we say, might be a little more workshy.

I know my father made me get a job the moment it was legal for me to do so, same with my friends at school, who all came from middle class backgrounds.

Those kids whom we knew from the council estate round the corner not only failed at school because they knew that the state would care for them (becuase they see their parents doing whatever they like, not having a job etc), but even now, 10 years after leaving school, can be seen hanging around street corners without a job causing trouble. Ironically, this is all right across the road from a Sainsbury's which is recruiting.

They just don't want to work becuase the System gives them everything and their parents have told them how to use the system, being players themselves.

However, I am a strong believer that if someone is on long-term Jobseekers (say more than 6 months) they should be forced to take any available job or face losing all benefits.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:18 AM
link   
man and i was having doubts about working 6 days 8 hours with 1 off day XD
(as a bartender) i havent worked for months if u dont count may ive became lazy

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join