It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Freaky! Major Earthquake in California tomorrow!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

That's okay, I like to rock and roll.

I always tell people that, as weird as it sounds, I actually miss Cali earthquakes. They were scary as hell when they happened, but I strangley miss that.

Maybe it was the adrenaline rush.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm waiting Venus Rising - today is a good a day to die as any!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13

Originally posted by calcoastseeker

That's okay, I like to rock and roll.

I always tell people that, as weird as it sounds, I actually miss Cali earthquakes. They were scary as hell when they happened, but I strangley miss that.

Maybe it was the adrenaline rush.

Well, sorry to say, but you might get your wish. Seismic activity has been increasing over the last century (up to 200% by some estimates).
Looky here.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:13 PM
link   
Just an FYI

Fifty one years before the Great San Fransisco Earthquake (Mag 7.7 - 7.8), there was the Fort Tejon quake, Mag ~7.9. It ruptured the San Andreas Fault for a length of about 225 miles (350 kilometers), between Parkfield and San Bernardino.

en.wikipedia.org...

From Science 10 July 2009:
Vol. 325. no. 5937, pp. 191 - 193

Nonvolcanic Tremor Evolution and the San Simeon and Parkfield, California, Earthquakes
Robert M. Nadeau and Aurélie Guilhem

Nonvolcanic tremors occur adjacent to locked faults and may be closely related to the generation of earthquakes. Monitoring of the San Andreas Fault in the Parkfield, California, region revealed that after two strong earthquakes, tremor activity increased in a nearly dormant tremor zone, increased and became periodic in a previously active zone, and has remained elevated and periodic for over 4 years.

The persistent changes in tremor suggest that stress is now accumulating more rapidly beneath this part of the San Andreas Fault, which ruptured in the moment magnitude 7.8 Ft. Tejon earthquake of 1857.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by RoofMonkey]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:38 PM
link   
so a failed prediction?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by above

Id say CA still has about an 18 hour window of true "new moon" left from now.

NOW:
(6:42 PM PDT 9/18)

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gixxer
aww with that much advanced warning i am sure the nutballs are feverishly trying to figure out how to claim that a major earthquake is just a false flag created by the government.

We(nutballs) already can do this. HAARP

[edit on 18-9-2009 by sticky]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:50 PM
link   
Well it is about 7 pm here in California, and last time I checked, there was 2 small, less than 3.0 on the scale that had happened. So I guess the prediction did not pan out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by sdcigarpig

Right, because 9/18 is over and everything.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by whoshotJR
One time somebody told me that the moon also makes the tides here on earth. Isn't that silly? How could massive heavenly bodies with a huge gravitational force have any baring on our planet? I bet the guy didn't even know the sun revolves around the earth, poor bastard.

Wow. I think you missed my point.
There is a reason the moon effects the tides on earth - you mentioned it yourself - gravity.
But there isn't a reason why, when Uranus is lined up with Saturn (or w/e the prediction says), a cataclysmic earthquake will occur.
The thing missing in this prediction (as with most I see on ATS) is a scientific bases - a reason.
But thanks for ignoring the whole point I was making...

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:32 PM
link   
8:30 PM where I am at in California.
nothing yet. I will safely assume (like I have assumed since the beginning) that this is another false prediction.

however, if for some reason an earthquake occurs in the few remaining hours of the day, I will be among the first to say "i was wrong. Prophesies of this nature are accurate." anyway, so far this is one more of those phony predictions that appear so often in ATS.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by bl4ke360
Right, because 9/18 is over and everything.

It is now

It seems the only predictions that can be trusted are those that predict that baseless predictions will be proven inaccurate by the passage of time.

As my DARE instructor once said: "Just say 'NO' to baseless predictions of impending doom."
At least I think that's what he said... I never really paid attention in school

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 03:39 AM
link   
FAIL!!!!!

FAIL x's 1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000

Venus rising my foot

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 04:27 AM
link   
well sorry to have to say this but my nan used to say tomorrow never comes so we'll never see this quake lol

but who nows ?

[edit on 19-9-2009 by daddysreturn]

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 11:52 AM
link   
it's 9:51 AM. No earthquake occurred.

failed prediction, like all the other doom predictions.

I expect the 2012 predictions to have the same fate as this one.

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:18 PM
link   
Dunno....

7/3/2009 - Central Gulf of California - Cluster of quakes released about 4428.8 terajoules of energy.

8/3/2009 - Central Gulf of California and further North - Cluster of quakes released about 10,4574.0 terajoules of energy.

And just today... up in the Baja just south of California, a small cluster releases 199.4 terajoules of energy. No where near the amount that seems to be creeping up the interface of the Pacific-North American plate, but still a significant energy release.

Not justifying the prediction, just pointing out the related data...

posted on Sep, 20 2009 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Earthquakes are never correctly predicted on the day that the planets and the sun line up. It usually happens a few days to a month later (or not at all) - considering that today is Sept 21st.

It's going to be a crazy end of month. Nuclear attack on the US, terrorist attack in Germany...the most trustworthy thus far is the attack in Germany around the end of this month.

I am still waiting for the superquake along the Ring of Fire, which could happen anywhere, even here in Taiwan. Could it be also happening this year still?

posted on Sep, 23 2009 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by MightyAl
Earthquakes are never correctly predicted on the day that the planets and the sun line up. It usually happens a few days to a month later (or not at all) - considering that today is Sept 21st.

It's going to be a crazy end of month. Nuclear attack on the US, terrorist attack in Germany...the most trustworthy thus far is the attack in Germany around the end of this month.

I am still waiting for the superquake along the Ring of Fire, which could happen anywhere, even here in Taiwan. Could it be also happening this year still?

All non-sense crap. People are waiting for and preaching the end of the world since humans realized that they would die one day (probably alone) and the planet and others would remain. In other words, life would go on without them.

Living in constant fear waiting for # to happen isn't good for anyone.

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join