It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where did Cain's wife come from?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:52 AM
link   
reply to post by ButterCookie

What debate?
Misquoting on purpose
kinda defeats the purpose.

As far as Sister goes, I stated that in The Book of Jasher it tells of daughters prior to Cain's eviction. That would mean the possiblity is there. Nothing to debate; as I even stated "possibility"; not fact.

Of course the bible doesn't tell us everything in it's current fom. Maybe because too much was left out, the reason to research the books known to be left out of the current version, I'm still in the process of finding and studying them myself. And learning a few things so far that are not in the current version of the bible. Such as the 3 daughters of Adam prior to Cain slaying Abel and being evicted.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by searching4truth
both Cain and Able were born with a twin sister and each married the other brothers twin (which it says in the text). In Christianity, it isn't particularly discussed

Exactly correct.

Its not covered in Genesis, but it is in Jewish tradition, and Pseudopigraphal texts. Cain and Able where each born with a twin sister, and Adam wanted the siblings to marry the others twin, not their own. Cain however found his twin sister more attractive then Ables, and this was the start of the problems between the two brothers. After Cain killed his brother, he took his twin sister, and fled the land as God demanded. Ables sister ended up being the wife of Seth some years later, despite her being much older then Seth.

From the Pseudopigraphal Books of Eden:

5 And God looked at His maid-servant Eve, and delivered her, and she gave birth to her first-born son, and with him a daughter. 6 The Adam rejoiced at Eve's deliverance, and also over the children she had borne him. And Adam ministered to Eve in the cave, until the end of eight days; when they named the son Cain, and the daughter Luluwa. 7 The meaning of Cain is "hater," because he hated his sister in their mother's womb; before they came out of it. Therefore Adam named him Cain. 8 But Luluwa means "beautiful," because she was more beautiful than her mother.

1 When the children were weaned, Eve again conceived, and when her pregnancy came to term, she gave birth to another son and daughter. They named the son Abel and the daughter Aklia.

10 But as to the hard-hearted Cain, Satan came to him by night, showed himself and said to him, "Since Adam and Eve love your brother Abel so much more than they love you, they wish to join him in marriage to your beautiful sister because they love him. However, they wish to join you in marriage to his ugly sister, because they hate you. 11 Now before they do that, I am telling you that you should kill your brother. That way your sister will be left for you, and his sister will be cast away." 12 And Satan departed from him. But the devil remained behind in Cain's heart, and frequently aspired to kill his brother.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Pappa_Bear

seems to me the bible is the account and focus of only one bloodline, which starts with the family tree of one yeshua ben yahweh, leads up to yeshua's birth, life, death and resurrection, at which point the rest of the bloodlines are offered the same opportunity as his own bloodline. followed by an indeterminate passage of time that culminates in the destruction of the world systems, the return of yeshua, and the setting up of a new government.

the bible does not indicate how many other adams or eves there were, only that the bloodline of that particular adam, follows through to yeshua. the correct phrase is "the adam"

furthermore, the old testament, particularly the torah, is a reader's digest version of ancient history. this was for ease of memorization, as it was maintained as an oral history before being written down. as a result, they did not need to give the family tree of every adam or eve. only the family tree from which the messiah would arrive.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:14 AM
link   
I have read through this thread and cant help but notice that there are so many versions and discrepancies in the bible its ludacrous how people still DONT ask these questions in this day and age for the FEAR of being not a sheep. Hope that made sense

I mean how can one honestly believe this "christianity" thing when everyone just makes up there own versions of what happened so that they can easliy wrap their mind around around the all the frikkin contradictions?

If cain and the rest were inbreeding the whole time we would all look like deformed blobs! lol

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by qwiksilva

LOL!!! Star!!!

I agree...See they don't like to ask questions because questions will eventually bring out the truth, and their security of the Santa Clause in the Sky will be shattered...

There were so many different lineages because there are more than one creators..aka extraterrestrial scientists...each began their cloning of humankind (Annunaki + homo erectus = humankind/homosapien)....

When you ask the question, " Where did Cain's wife come from?" it reveals that so much has been taken out of the bible and that there must be multiple creation stories.....

Cain left the land of his family and FOUND a wife in Nod, east of Eden....

She was not his sister.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 08:54 AM
link   

YIP!
And if god made us in his own image, should that not make him a caucasian/black/indian/asian all-in-one type thing would it not?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:00 AM
link   

Exactly!!!

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:12 AM
link   
Let me attempt again to put some brakes on your bent conversation.

Why do you keep bringing up Christianity when what you're discussing are Hebrew stories and traditions?

I suspect you have it in for Christians and are using any ammo you can find.

Please, please. If you want to discuss this, keep it on track and unbiased.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by qwiksilva
I have read through this thread and cant help but notice that there are so many versions and discrepancies in the bible its ludacrous how people still DONT ask these questions in this day and age for the FEAR of being not a sheep.

Actually, considering the thousands of years between the writing of various books, and the thousands of miles between the authors, the Bible is exceptionally consistent. There are some discrepancies, but they are on details, the main plotline (important facts) remains consistently the same to this day. Even the Deuterocanonical, and Pseudopigraphal books (books which are not considered equal to the scripture, but good to read) remain surprisingly consistant with the Bible itself.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:28 AM
link   

Being made in Gods image means that we have an eternal component (spirit), and the capacity for complex language. It has nothing to do with physical characteristics as God is a spiritual being.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WickettheRabbit

Sorry man! my bad.

Dont know much about the other religions, didnt mean to sound biased.

But thats another thing anyway, why are there so many religions? who can say which one is true and which is not? Zues or God? Shiva or Buddha? Its all to confusing?

Is there a "full version" of the christian bible that has all these texts in it that were taken out of the current bible?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by defcon5

Being made in Gods image means that we have an eternal component (spirit), and the capacity for complex language. It has nothing to do with physical characteristics as God is a spiritual being.

Good point!

But, is this also stated in the bible, or could it maybe a twist that was made up by humans to better understand the bible?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:34 AM
link   
Genesis 5:
" This is the book of the generations of Adam. In the day that God created man, in the likeness of God made he him; 2 Male and female created he them; and blessed them, and called their name Adam, in the day when they were created. 3 And Adam lived an hundred and thirty years, and begat a son in his own likeness, and after his image; and called his name Seth: 4 And the days of Adam after he had begotten Seth were eight hundred years and he begat sons and daughters:"
The daughters names were ommited from the text. They did indeed intermarry and that is not the only biblical account of this. Abraham and Sarah were brother and sister also. His relation Lot had children with his daughters. In fact this practice of marrying brother and sister was not stopped until Moses was given the Law on MT Sinia.
I suggest that if you are going to ask these type of questions you do your research first. Sounds more plausable than space aliens

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Not a problem at all.

As for a complete Bible, it depends on what you're looking for. Like other posts have stated, there are tons and tons of stories that aren't in the Bible. It depends if you're looking for pieces considered scripture or other writings that were contemporary. Additionally, there are writings that could be considered "fan fiction" written long after the fact and not really based on anything.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   

the first five books of the bible were memorized as an oral tradition. they didn't need to memorize what every race on the planet and every family on the planet was doing.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by undo]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:05 AM
link   
There is no conspiracy whatsoever. Cain married one of his sisters, just as all of his other siblings did. In Genesis 5:4 we read a statement that sums up the life of Adam and Eve: “After he begot Seth, the days of Adam were eight hundred years; and he had sons and daughters.”

Marrying ones close relation was not forbidden by God until the time of the exodus. This was 2900 years after the creation account. (Abraham married his half sister, but again, this predated the law by 400 years)

This law was enacted by God in order to avoid the mutatons that would be produced in the offspring as a result of 2900 years of mutation in the genetic code, which came as a result of Adam/Eve's sin. (Look into the 2nd law of thermodynamics or entropy, we are de-evolving contrary to what we are being told)

If Adam/Eve were the perfect original pair of humans, their offspring would be next to perfect as well (slight mutation after the fall). Therefore their childrens offspring amongst each other, would be w/o major deformities too. 2900 years later, God chose that the gene pool was so corrupted at this time that it was no longer acceptable to marry close relations.

As for the claim of "all the different versions". There is only 1 version, and that is the one found in the Hebrew Masoretic text. All others were simply written long after the fact, by unknown persons. They were ommited from the canon for obvious reasons. All of the accepted canon books are harmonized, the square peg apocropha were never considered to be scripture. Im sure a 1000 years from now, ignorant humans will be debating why Dan Brown's "Davinci code" was left out of the Bible!

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by autowrench
Come on! this is the 21st. century. Are we still believing that we all sprang from just two people, Adama (org. spl.) and Eve? And I suppose we were all created by a male God, right? Then why can't men understand women? These ideas were for a long past people, not for today's modern, educated, intelligent people. I know a lot of people say that Cain's wife was actually his sister, but that is impossible. Why? Because if you know anything about Anthropology, you will know that in all primitive societies it is a general rule that brothers do NOT marry their sisters. The very strictest of taboos are applied to this form of incest. Secondly, if you read the story carefully, Seth (the 3rd son of Adam and Eve) was not born until after Cain was banished, and thus after he spoke of EVERYONE in (Genesis 4:14. KJB)

16 Then Cain went out from the presence of the LORD and dwelt in the land of Nod on the east of Eden.

Why does Genesis say that when Cain went to Nod and the people were there? It says he had a wife but the only people where Cain lived were Adam, Eve, Abel, and Cain. This is a discrepancy that every Christian should look into to. They should also look into the multiple Gods and Goddesses in the Bible, and the fact that there are two creation stories on the same page. Yep, this is a book to be believed unequivocally, ins't it?

Here is a good place to start:
/zrvw8

You are making a generalized assumption on the incest. There was occurrence for sister/brother and even mother/son marriages in Eqypt to keep it in the royal family. As to the rest of your statement, unsure. But there is documented evidence of marriage between sibling or even parent/child unions.

OP, this takes it to a preview page on Amazon to show the documentation referenced in a book since I cannot copy the words and too much to type in here:

Egyptian Incest

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 07:52 PM
link   
Cain married one of his sisters.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Must have been inbreeding. Maybe THAT'S why the human race is so screwed up.

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 08:12 PM
link   
It WAS inbreeding. I can't believe you all didn't know this. I learned this when I was in my teens.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join