It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear A Black Armband in Protest

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by mikerussellus

Honestly, the swine flu is teetering out so maybe this will not come to pass, yes?

*Crosses fingers and hopes that there isn't a Select Agent alert*

You know *puts on black armband for size* back when everyone was so Gung Ho Patriot Act I asked people if they would still feel the same if Hillary was President instead of Bush and the room would get quiet.

I think we need to ask ourselves every time one of these "infringements" creep up on us: Would we still excuse it or be for it if the opposite party was in charge?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by A Fortiori

I think we need to ask ourselves every time one of these "infringements" creep up on us: Would we still excuse it or be for it if the opposite party was in charge?

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

I hope not. I really hope we've grown from a partisan "side" to an entity, that sees DC for what it is.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 09:50 PM
link   
The last thing I want to see in this country is people wearing arm bands for any reason good or bad.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

I agree with the message here, I will wear a black arm band if that is where We all agree to. S&F in support

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:02 PM
link   

I've already discussed this issue with my wife and already have a plan. Both sets of our parents live way out, and she has a choice between either to stay at. Meanwhile, I'll be doing what I have to do to protect those who can't protect themselves (and who don't want it) from a forced vaccination or a fascist police state/martial law - IF it comes to that.

I do like what another poster said though. It's time to protest NOW, not after it happens - it'll be too late then.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:09 PM
link   

A band with a biological symbol would be more appropriate.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:18 PM
link   
I'm down with the black armband if it comes to that.
I sincerely hope that it won't, but SOMETHING is definitely going on
with our world today.

I like the one idea about the fake bracelets, that would be pretty clever

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:23 PM
link   

-

In protest? It's to the death, no holds barred.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:37 PM
link   
How about you people in Boston wake up! If you are the test of what Americans will do, then stand up and fight! I thought bostonians had some sense of right and wrong, I don't know now. Take a stand Damn It!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

YOU apparently 'just don't get it'. This IS just like the identifying of the Jews. And it was said then that it was for the 'public good'. I have a note, from before the whole thing came down about the mandatory 'vaccines', that I am allergic to mercury. Thimoserol, or the adjuvtant used, is derived from Mercury. It is poisonous to ALL humans. The deadliest metal to human beings. So I guess if you are not human, than it is safe for you. Also, the people who have died from this are only people who are already seriously immuno-comromised. Average people just get an average flu. A day or two in bed. No big deal. This 'vaccination' is not tested, and the crooked pharmaceutical industry has been granted total legal immunity for any deaths they cause. Or lesser problems. Actually, if you are dead, I guess you don't have any more problems. It is a lot about money; these crooks stand to make billions of dollars from this. And you can bet the bureaurats and politicians involved, have guaranteed jobs waiting for them. No, this is exactly like Nazis Germany. And Hitlers protege is attempting to carry it out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:14 AM
link   

This is a good idea, it can help draw people together. We see strangers every day and have no idea of how they feel about what's happening to our country. But, if you see others wearing armbands, then you know they don't like what's going on any more than you do. This idea could work for more than just the vaccine/bracelet, but this is a good place to start.

Little idea:
The larger scrunchies will work as an armband...and they come in all colors

Personal note:
Trying to please everyone isn't an enviable task A Fortiori...you're doing a great job with this post.

Edited to add: Star and Flag!!

[edit on 18-9-2009 by SheaWolf]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Though many illegal 'written' laws have been thrust upon the people, they are not obliged to accept them if these 'laws' breach one's independent Right to Sovereignty.

Only human Natural Law will ultimately prevail in the End.
How many tyrants lie fallow in shallow graves at the disgrace of their existence? Too many to fathom here though they keep lining up!
Who's next to fall?

No one has the 'Right' to impose 'their' will on another, unless the other submits to the will of the 'other'. This would make one a slave unto the other.

In America, when TPTB attempt to physically impose their will on the people at large where physical force is required to 'subject' the masses.....will the people rise up and conquer the foolish tyrants.

I saw a live chicken with no feathers the other day. Funniest thing seen to date though quite appropriate for the times in an unusual? way.

Do you know which 'way' that is?
I believe the meaning Is much more than words could reveal.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:50 AM
link   
To all the folks that are concerned that wearing the armbands might make them targets, remember, if your not wearing the government "wristband" you already will be a target.
What ever colour is chosen, what ever mark is put on the armband, just remember that it is the wearing of it that will speak loudest.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:55 AM
link   
I asked a question a few pages back that was not answered by anybody.

The OP talked of forced vaccinations, said "If I am forced..."

Does this mean you are all talking of getting a forced vac. and then wearing an armband to show your dissatisfaction with being forced?

Or are you talking of refusing and wearing it to show your disobedience?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 06:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Primordial

I believe it's the disobedience.

Once you get the shot, you might as well go home, and watch "american idol."

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by PsykoOps

I agree with you. I think in this particular circumstance it would be more beneficial to mess up the system, rather than wear something that immediately identifies you as someone "possibly infected".

This whole thing (vaccine tracking) has gotten out of control. I can see it now -- you're doing your food shopping and cough in the produce aisle. Immediately those around you look to see if you have a "I've been protected vaccine" bracelet -- if not, I guess they begin sanitizing the place.... One thing's for sure -- I bet people around you start walking away.

It's crazy. What purpose is there to requiring bracelets? All it does is segregate the population.

Think about it. Name one other illness or protection from said illness that has to be identified for all to see. Can you imagine if everyone that has AIDS was required to be identified? What about Hepatitis? STDs?

Better yet, since home-schooled children are not required to be vaccinated, I would like them to wear bracelets. Heaven forbid my child come into contact with someone that may contract chicken pox! What would I do???

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Black colored armbands? I would think twice!!

I have a feeling that if "black" is chosen as the protesting color it will be completely construed as RACIST. And frankly, I think the Democrats are already doing a good enough job of convincing people that suddenly our entire country is made up of a bunch of racists. Racism is one fire that I don't think ANY fuel should be added to.

Just my 2 cents.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:05 PM
link   
i was thinking a black armband with a yellow star of david and in the center of it a double helix somehow tied to freedom(red white and blue?) to symbolize that freedom is in my blood.

just an idea.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:23 PM
link   
reply to post by SpacePunk

Spacepunk suggested a biological symbol on a black armband.

What say you all? Would that make the point?

I started to get a little nervous when I realized this was my idea--but only because I worry that this will turn partisan. Realize that when the "soccer moms" start wearing it people will ask: "What's that for?" It could certainly lead to some interesting discussions.

So it is my hope that in these interesting discussions (should people decide independently to do this as I am not recruiting) that they remember that this did not start with Barak Obama. He is playing the cards dealt him as are we all. Unfortunately, he seems to be going with the flow of BIG GOVERNMENT.

*sighs*

Let us remember though that all is not lost. He also has a choice, and rather than stone him before he makes it...perhaps we can show him how we "feel" and guide him to make the right and moral decisions. Let him and others know that what they are doing now has a dangerous momentum.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I think the idea is pretty good but why black and the triangle?
I would much more be inclined to a Stop symbol or hell even a Happy Face... the red or yellow stands out more in my opinion
Don't ask me why the Happy Face... i just like em

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join