It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Wear A Black Armband in Protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by silo13

Not everyone is in a position to end up in a shoot out at a drag net if it comes to that. I will not willingly submit, but if I am put in that position I have to think of other people that can't do without me.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

Disagree. Unless you are one of those that agree with the government and want the vaccine. Then I would ewxpect you to think this was in poor taste.

In the words of the prophet..."You don't need a weather man. To know which way the wind blows."

I can certainly make that determination without my politics coming into play.

Swine flu vaccination is not about extermination of an identified societal group. Any moron should be able to figure that out. The only thing equivalent to the Holocaust is the Holocaust. To make comparisons like this is to sing out to the world that you simply just don't get it.

And in this day and age....such an admission is a very frightening thing.

seems us crazy ATSers aren't the only ones who are bold enough to start comparisons to the holocaust.

i'm willing to be open minded and know that its very possible its just a fear and will never come to pass...but it COULD and it may. and i don't say that with a lack of understanding, i don't believe anyone else here has/does and i honestly don't think MTV did in this commercial either.

we may not end up in a similar boat as those who suffered during the holocaust...but things are sure set up for that kind of situation...

anyways...
i don't like the yellow :/ just because it reminds me of lance armstrong and supporting the troops

and isn't a pink triangle for lesbians? regardless...strange.

what about black armbands?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

Pretty good idea, we would need to keep it simple enough that it could be sewed at home with ease.

I like the idea of a yellow arm band with don't tread on me on it, but this would be hard to do yourself, which would make it a business for people with the equipment. Nonetheless a cool idea, I would buy one.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by double_frick

Black triangles, definitely.

# Black triangle — people who were deemed "asocial elements," including

* Roma (Gypsies), who were later assigned a brown triangle
* The mentally retarded
* The mentally ill
* Alcoholics
* Vagrants and beggars
* Aristocrats
* Intellectuals
* Pacifists
* Conscription resisters
* The habitually "work-shy"
* Prostitutes[3][4]
* Some anarchists.

I'll wear it on a patch. BTW, great video. Thanks for posting it.

To me this is not about Obama. This began way before him. It is about a loss of civil liberties, for whatever motivation good or bad, and a loss of control that was guaranteed to us in the Constitution.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps
Why not wear a bracelet almost identical to the one used to 'track the swine flu'. That would mess up the entire operation and would be a proper response in my opinion.

That is brilliant. We just need to buy a whole bunch of RFID bracelets and program them all with say... Rick James. Awesome.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:54 PM
link   
and in other "unrelated news" ;-)

State's top court OK's use of secret GPS tracking devices
For the first time, the state's highest court ruled today that the state Declaration of Rights allows police to break into a suspect’s car to secretly install GPS tracking devices, provided they have a warrant before they act.

In a unanimous ruling written by Justice Judith Cowin, the Supreme Judicial Court upheld the drug trafficking conviction of Everett H. Connolly, a Cape Cod man who was tracked by State Police after they installed a GPS device in his minivan.

The court said using GPS devices as an investigative tool – which can require police to secretly break into a vehicle to install the device – does not violate the ban on unreasonable search and seizures found in the state’s Declaration of Rights.

link

And for bonus points - can anyone name a company in Massachusetts that has tracking technology independent of GPS?

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pixanomaly

Wow. They are putting these in new cars in Brazil, no breaking in to install.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:07 PM
link   
My "yellow armband" sits in a holster on my body. It's all the unique identifier I need to let anyone concerned know that I protest any mandates that violate my Constitutional freedoms, including declining any vaccine they wish me to recieve. As far as wearing something for all to see? No thanks.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:17 PM
link   
I don't understand.... you say "If I am forced" .... does this mean you will get the shot then wear an armband to protest? What is the point of that?

How about, If I am forced to get the shot, the person who attempts to administer it without my consent will be wearing something... preferably something purple and bloody right around their eye socket.

So you wear an armband. If I was the one pushing for forced vaccinations, I would welcome the idea. You aren't causing trouble, yet you are willingly identifying yourself as one who may in the future. Perfect.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

As a Canadian, what makes you such an authority on what's going on in America?

Jus' askin.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 03:42 PM
link   
reply to post by MontanaMike

I cannot speak for JC, but he and I sort of came to terms. He is sensitive to this subject because of his background as am I.

We are respectfully disagreeing on this.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by A Fortiori

If they are willing to attempt putting an untested vaccine into me, that tells me all I need to know about them.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:26 PM
link   
I think wearing a Star of David to protest vaccinations will anger alot of Jewish people. I could see someone coming out and saying something along the lines of the Holocaust being disrespected.
Anyway, it may be a good idea to protest, but wearing a Star of David will inevitably cause problems.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:31 PM
link   
Generally it's not wise to start a thread with a disclaimer saying:

Originally posted by A Fortiori
I changed the Title so as not to offend anyone

Then describe your idea and ask the general audience of ATS:

What do you think? Suggestions, please.

Then go on to marginalize and argue with the first person to criticize your idea. Did you expect everyone to agree with you?

I think JohnnyCanuck has a very valid point, and even if you don't find it offensive, there are likely to be others that do. It's just something you should be aware of if you're truly going to go through with this, and you should be happy he brought it to your attention.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:36 PM
link   
I have two pertinent questions before I decide whether I should protest.

1) Are the people in that state being forced to wear the bracelets?

2) Are they being forced to accept the vaccine?

Because as far as I know, thus far, the plan is for voluntary vaccinations in the same style as the standard yearly flu shot to begin at places like Rite Aid and Walgreen's, as well as clinics and hospitals, around October 15th. The first people to get them, they are encouraging, are children, pregnant women, and those with underlying health conditions (particularly respiratory issues.) Then everyone else can get them if they want to. I have yet to see anything suggesting that these vaccinations will be in any way mandatory.

I'm not saying they won't be. I just want some evidence before I start protesting something which, if true, I would abhor and would most definitely join in protesting.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikerussellus
reply to post by cropmuncher

The star of David isolated and identified a certain section of the population. Nazi Germany had the Jews. Today, we have the innoculated vs the un-innoculated.

Just search the past threads on this. You may not be allowed to shop Wal-Mart if you don't have your "papers" you may not be able to go to work, without your "papers".

It is a slow creeping insideous action.

can't goto work without "your papers"? what like form of identification most commonly a drivers liscense of sorts, or like a social security card so you can be tracked to pay your taxes.... sorry to break it to everyone but it is allready incredibly easy to track people and ther habits..... unless you go out of your way.... and there will always be those people. And just to point out the whol wal mart prt... all ANY buisness has to do is post something saying that the reserve the rightr to refuse service to anyone, once stated it is attempt at your own risk. and no offense i reallydomnt people he refuse to get vaccines for really serious deseases be allow, sick because once they get it they cant be curtious enough to stay home, around my children and so forth. Or me for that matter. plus who cares if you cant goto walmart ...... it blows anyways. Their low prices are based on high sale volume coupled with under paid employees..... look around at some of the other threads and really think about the big picture..... i mean the slippery slope arguement is the oldest argument ever and can be applied to ANYTHING, i personnaly look forward to this technology because if i am lost/stolen/killed/injured or whatever i want to be found. and yes that is my choice. just like it would be everyone choice to wear clothes..... you can choose not to but then you have to accept the conssequences...... i would gladly give up an ounce of freedom(freedom isnt free) for a ton of safety and security. if you dont do anything worng then you dont have anything to worry about. and i know people are gunna say... it'll be abused this way that way and the other. well first of all i think we are way too soft on potential criminals(thats my opnion, no fact pleease dont comment on all that) adn second people arent perfect, and do we really want the only people abusing a system to be the bad guys... yeah someone will go through something that will probably tramatize them and they will recieve millions of dollars for it... i trhink thats a fair trade peronnally too.... again this is all opinion and i do realize there is no real fact i jsut want to put something in from the other side since it usually doesnt really consist of a whole lot of "debate" as it does argueing..... just another view of the same situation. same things cited, i just think that some (not all) are ok, or at least exceptable. nothing is infaluable(except death)

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619
I think JohnnyCanuck has a very valid point, and even if you don't find it offensive, there are likely to be others that do. It's just something you should be aware of if you're truly going to go through with this, and you should be happy he brought it to your attention.

It is just ironic that the thing people find offensive is the exact point that is trying to be made...

I think if your offended something is going over your head...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by paradigm619
Generally it's not wise to start a thread with a disclaimer saying:

I changed the Title so as not to offend anyone

Then describe your idea and ask the general audience of ATS:

What do you think? Suggestions, please.

Then go on to marginalize and argue with the first person to criticize your idea. Did you expect everyone to agree with you?

First, how did I marginalize him? He has a very strong argument and we had dialog. Saying that I marginalized him is very wry.

Second, I objected to his post because it assumed my intentions (that I was trivializing something quite serious), not because of the point itself. Had I not seen the value in what he had to say I would not have changed the thread's title or even the type of "patch" to be used.

I think JohnnyCanuck has a very valid point, and even if you don't find it offensive, there are likely to be others that do. It's just something you should be aware of if you're truly going to go through with this,

Hence why I changed the thread title. If I did not respect his argument I would not have done so. I might still disagree that using a Star of David would trivialize the Holocaust in any way (I happen to believe that it would contribute to the "Never Again" sentiment), but I conceded on the grounds that this could be misconstrued as antisemitism and I would not want that.

My family was decimated by the Nazis and Soviets. I do not take government usurpation of rights lightly. Governments go corrupt. They all do. For the first time in history governments have been handed almost unlimited technology with which to track and manage their citizens. Now more than ever before we should look to the past and see what can happen when you allow your rights to be slowly taken away, when you trust too much.

, and you should be happy he brought it to your attention.

Do I seem unhappy? He and I have U2U'd since then and we understand each other.
It isn't the people that agree with me that make me think. It is the ones like you that challenge me and sometimes even better me.

EDIT: I edited the OP again to clarify further and to acknowledge the sensitivities of others. I am not the sort that I must be "right at any cost". If someone makes a good point, I acknowledge it.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by A Fortiori]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by AceWombat04

I can speak only for myself, so allow myself to be clear.

Background:

I am not organizing a protest.

I was posting a suggestion about what we should or could do in retaliation if the events described in the originating thread where widespread. Three states have passed pandemic legislation that in my opinion is un-Constitutional as it allows the forcible removal in some cases of individuals to a facility, and an EMD device (tracks and shocks) in others. Coupling this legislation is the news that another state has already begun a test run of a bracelet that would be placed upon individuals to track that they have received a vaccination. I am opposed to anything mandatory.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 05:14 PM
link   
I'm joining your cause in spirit for I am in Canada but I remember protesting scientology...dressing up with the guy faux mask...fun times but in regards to the thread, I hear that if you refuse the flu shot you get thrown in a bandwagon and thrown into a concentration camp.

www.youtube.com...

She may be in your area, she says the first run is on October 15 and mark that day on your calenders, for its the day we revolt...or attempt to

Edited : improper video thing and I forgot about the dont use slang

[edit on 17-9-2009 by GCDrift]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join