It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff: stock up on supplies, necesseties, and alcohol and cigarettes for batering

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

Ah yes, there is lots for you to learn... House of Mirrors, first off welcome to our humble abode of craziness. Just remember the world is always going to end tomorrow.

Now I suggest you start with the crash course on www.chrismartenson.com

If will help you understand where we are heading and how our monetary system works. There are a lot of really good videos out there. Fiat Money and Fractional Reserve Lending Systems done by the central banks means basically you have to crash. The underlying currency is exponential debt where wealth is always funneled up when you study the basic mechanics of the system.

Constructive, friendly and a well thoughtout reply. Thank you. There is a lot for me to review from your reply and I have already started with Chris Martenson. Former Fortune 300 VP? Good head on his shoulders.

Something that does continue to interest me is that we are getting information (CM excluded) from sources that we feel we can trust but they aren't much different then those with a more see-through agenda. This PS seems to be providing scary information about these bad times and then tells that he will be running for a public office which will help us. Sounds a lot like a security company salesman coming to your door, telling you about all of the break-ins, rapes and robberies in your area and how he would like to install this great new system to take care of your worries. Yawn. The government has its share of crooks and those that are out to score for themselves while trying to give a little back to you and I. But the government as a whole is trying to do the dirty work behind the scenes that is beyond our comprehention and would take way to long to explain. We can push to hold them accountable and yell/scream to get our points across but the gov is playing chess and is two moves ahead of where we are. Think of the military (years and years ahead) and yet they release info on that when they feel it is necessary.

One last thing. I welcome everyone's thoughts and opinions on topics like this. It is great to see so many people come together and share their ideas. What you have to consider is that our government has the longest running constitution in the history of our world's time and yet we are one of the youngest countries. Understand that we aren't going to fold over night or become a 3rd world country to China, India, Japan, England or whoever else. We have too many investments which require 300 million people to maintain. Losing 10%, 5%, 20% or any other number means we LOSE strength, intelligence and warm bodies who could bear arms against another country. No one who has power in the US now wants to give that up. Why would they?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by House Of Mirrors

First on Schiff. He has been at this for many years long before he decided to run for Senate. Leading up to his decision to run for Senate he has been very honest about his intentions and saying unlike most of these very wealthy Senators he can not afford to do it on his own and was not going to with out raising enough capital. He has always stayed true to his message and his fundamental principles of economics, free-market capitalism, and stayed by the constitution. You can tell this from the people he chooses to spend his time with alone. Judge Napalitano, Ron Paul, Lew Rockwell, etc.

As to it not crashing overnight because the Asian countries need us, that is the fallacy most people believe to maintain their warm fuzzies.

China and Japan have realized they do not need us to maintain their economy. In fact at this point I would argue we are detrimental to their economy for two reasons.

First our inflationary bubble had an effect of creating one for them which when ours popped, it popped their. I think now they realize their economy is much more stable and long term steady growth with out our bubbles we create via our ridiculous ponzi schemes.

Second and most important they helped maintain that bubble by buying up a lot of debt and tried to view it as investment. That 'investment' is now losing them a lot of money as we devalue our currency through our ridiculous amount of debt and our printing press running at full steam. Their manufacturing base and mineral ore is actually of real value unlike our funny money.

In the end however they have a central bank too and are simply playing their part in this grand scheme.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Looks like I have more reading to do about this ol' boy.

Our economy is always going to make up a portion of Japan's and China's economy. Without us, they are selling trinkets and soon-to-be recalled BS to no one. China has forked themselves with depending on the value of their money by artificially inflating it against ours. I see no mercy for them and they won't learn much from this. Japan has such a stake in our success that they couldn't export steel, food, plastics, electronics and other products to any other country and get the same value for it. We are a huge country and we are import heavy. China, Japan and some of these other spots on the globe depend so much on us and vice-versa. When there is a disruption in China or Japan, we feel it. Like it or not, as soon as we took our market global as did the other nations, we tied ourselves together. No reason to cut ties when it is all cycular.
The good times are coming back.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

He's getting his information from somewhere. Maybe his source should run for office because Shiff is just the messenger, not qualifications for office. The people that make things happen should be in office, not messengers.

HE IS AN ECONOMIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's someone who follows economics (financial markets, trends, statistics, etc, etc) and makes opinions and commentary on the information he processes from EVERYWHERE!!!! His sources ares the same sources that everyone else gets, he just has usually interpreted them correctly or not lied!

I think his qualifications for public office are far above some others we won't mention

I am sorry for yelling but I shouldn't have to explain these things to adults.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:11 PM
link   
don't forget to add 30% to your estimate of what you'll need for bartering, because if the economy rolls over and dies, and you have no hope in the world, you will be doing more than bartering with the alchohol and cigarettes

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 01:56 PM
link   
house of mirrors, i like your confidence, but is it truth or the power of positive thinking that you say?
The goods from asia have always been cheap and the quality has improved considerably. goods were being sold to the consumer ,cheaper than what the raw materials could be bought for in own country, for this reason (the cost) home manufacturing has reduced so much,also created more and more unemployment. This puts a bigger drain on the rest of the population who are working to keep depression at bay. Less money in pocket is less money spent. more unemployment.
Asia now sells less goods ,now they are in recession. cause there is no one buying their goods as before.
We are told the green shoots are starting to show recession is coming slowly to an end???? HOW? Has the world leaders actually found a magic wand each that really works!
where has this growth come from?, people have either lost their job ,or working less hours, or had a pay freeze, or took a pay cut, certainly LESS money around not more,
oh i see the property market is moving yes, property developers have bought up cheap rate property from those that owned them, by getting cheap loans from the banks that was propped up with tax payers money,and now renting them out to people who lost their homes, are these the shoots, or maybe its, well we fooled the people before and they believed us ,maybe we can do it again.
The easy answer is to print more money (as whats been done) then take the credit for difficult times with , we can get through this if we stick together.

In this world there are almost 7 billion people a high % of them hungry, do you think being told things will get better will change their attitude(they don,t even gey told),
The governments ,the churches and business empires have had plenty of years in power to help these people ,the situation has got worse not better. I never realised the USA the strongest country in the world had poverty on their doorstep , this is not new.its been around for a long time.
We have those below poverty level, those at poverty level, now those that were above poverty level are fast approaching it, it is sad, lets hope it don,t become sadder?

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 05:32 PM
link   
For every person who thinks they can simply hunt or fish to survive there will be 20 people to mug them for whatever they kill or catch including their hunting rifle, fishing poles, boats, etc. The best course of action is to get out of the country.. sorry but that is a the hrsh reality. It CAN be done without too much pain, I've done it.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 10:55 PM
link   
Schiff is a shill. he's in the same company of millionaire/billionaire crooks like Soros, Buffet, Prechter. He also jewish which sends up a flare automatically.

I wonder about you guys sometimes when reading comments. Of course they are suggesting doom and gloom. They want you to SPEND MONEY like there is no tomorrow. That will help them kick the can down the road until the economy does truly vaporize. They want everyone to be afraid and do crazy things like buy garbage you ordinarily would not.

So continue to play into their hands. Its certainly good to have backup supplies, but an extraordinary amount will only be confiscated by the officials in times of extreme economic stress. You can't hide. And you can't win if the economy implodes. Everyone will be in the same boat regardless of how many cans of spam or cigarettes you have. Your just dreaming.

Oh, and by the way, economists have a terrible track record for predicting economic occurrences. In fact their calls are worse than stock analysts. They are all talking their book (Schiff for sure) or are working in a black box.

[edit on 18-9-2009 by allclear]

[edit on 18-9-2009 by allclear]

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Rockpuck

Its not that weird when you you rap it in the context of 20-25% unemployment. If you can't afford to buy gold, silver, copper, lead, etc etc buy something that will retain value as the currency of the realm disintegrates ...canned goods, consumables (ie foodstuffs) remember the ruble and what happened to the USSR. It was the the worlds second largest economy and it collapsed in a fortnight.

Remember hyperinflation in Germany during the Reich and how the war cleared the slate.

Just remember, that's all. ...I'm just saying.... I have no axe to grind but his strategy is sound if a fecal storm is upon us.

Peace Love Out.

posted on Sep, 18 2009 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

You kind of trailed off on the end, so I'll fill in the blank space for you. An American collapse is one thing but a global collapse is quite different. Most central banks in Asia want to movie away from USD due to the US printing zillions of dollars in M1 (real money) which devalues their holdings. Adds to price level inflation while the value of real assets goes down. They can't cause the alternatives are not there, YET....

Shiff is right

posted on Sep, 19 2009 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by I_am_Spartacus

Originally posted by JJay55
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

He's getting his information from somewhere. Maybe his source should run for office because Shiff is just the messenger, not qualifications for office. The people that make things happen should be in office, not messengers.

HE IS AN ECONOMIST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! That's someone who follows economics (financial markets, trends, statistics, etc, etc) and makes opinions and commentary on the information he processes from EVERYWHERE!!!! His sources ares the same sources that everyone else gets, he just has usually interpreted them correctly or not lied!

I think his qualifications for public office are far above some others we won't mention

I am sorry for yelling but I shouldn't have to explain these things to adults.

Everyone is an economist. Still not a qualification for stardom.
I'm not going to follow someone and be a groupie because of a few right predictions that aren't even his original thought or concept. He obviously is selling the pyramid scheme with his actions and will make him millions more as people jump on board his bandwagon. Haven't we seen enough of economists ruining our economy in the past few years?

Further, his survivalist suggestions are lame.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join