It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Peter Schiff: stock up on supplies, necesseties, and alcohol and cigarettes for batering

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:51 PM
link   
This video makes it pretty clear who the idiots are. Peter Schiff is who I have always believed over most other economists, he deals in common sense.

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 17-9-2009 by I_am_Spartacus]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by HunkaHunka

That's pretty good. It is a great time to invest in medical companies and those making survival gear.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Is he like Ron Paul? I have been studying him a lot and haven't heard of Peter before today.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   
In planning for life, one should always include some effort for disaster preparation.

It's still easy to trot off to costco and purchase enough canned goods and dry food to last you for a long time. Read some of the survival posts to get an idea of what to do and what to purchase.

Start here

That's one of my posts about a practice way to start your path to being prepared. You don't have to be prepared to run for the hills for an economic problem, but you do need to have some food and water available should you need it.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by House Of Mirrors
reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I get that. I am just trying to balance out the playing field by adding my thoughts. I haven't seen anyone offer up a point of view similar to mine and I thought it would help the conversations to see the other side of the coin. I know it has helped me understand better what others think.

There's probably a rock solid reason that you've not seen anyone offering up the same points as you - wanna take a guess why!?

Dude, you're new so I'll be gentle. You are advocating forced vaccination, FEMA camps, police states and martial law. You are placing blind support behind a man who has questionable associations at best and lacks any discernably meaningful experience at a minimum. You'll have to pardon the majority of us if we appear put off by your posts - it's because we are!!!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:06 PM
link   
I'm already stocking on stuff. I started with 4 first aid kits and backpacks for 4 bug out bags.
The hard thing is to determine how many BOBs will I make. Just for inmediate family? What about mi GFs family or my brothers and sisters families? How do I tell them "Well... theres no enough food for you, sorry".

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Jechu

Where are you going to run to?

If the economy tanks, unless your going to your farm in the country, where will you go? You can only carry so much.

You might spend some of your money buying some canned goods and stocking up on the foods that your normally consume so you can feed yourself and your family if things turn south.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I don't think Schiff is saying prepare for Madmax goes to Thunderdome... on the flip side if you do not see what is coming the for the USD then you are blind or ignorant of the situation.

A crash of the dollar is all but imminent at this point with the amount of debt and money supply in the wild.

How things will play out because of this is anyone's guess.

Even if we compare to Argentina which if I remember correctly experienced a 'mild' 200 to 300 percent inflation, the social consequences were enormous and profound.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by Anonymous Avatar]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:17 PM
link   

reply to post by I_am_Spartacus

Is he like Ron Paul? I have been studying him a lot and haven't heard of Peter before today.

Yes they are in the same "camp" He would definitely agree with most of what Ron Paul says.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Anonymous Avatar
I don't think Schiff is saying prepare for Madmax goes to Thunderdome... on the flip side if you do not see what is coming the for the USD then you are blind or ignorant of the situation.

A crash of the dollar all but imminent at this point with the amount of debt and money supply in the wild.

How things will play out because of this is anyone's guess.

Even if we compare to Argentina which if I remember correctly experienced a 'mild' 200 to 300 percent inflation, the social consequences were enormous and profound.

Right on....

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck
reply to post by GreenBicMan

I'gree with ya mate..... seems a bit alarmist.. granted I do respect Peter far more than KD (who's annoying as hell) .. so I am torn to find it worrying he says stock up, but perplexed as his actual stance is so different than what he preaches..

Either way, the economy will never get so bad we use bartering as a main source of trade. I think he does himself a disfavor and looses credibility when he says stupid $%^ like this..

I honestly think these guys say the dumbest crap they do to oversensationalize their stories to boost their ratings and followers and (kaching) subscribers.. I just hope he doesn't go down KD's path of screaming "we all gunna die!!!" Twice a week just to say "pwhew avoided that one" after each time (I hate Karl by the way)... it ruins true economic theorist who see this for what it is, a FUBAR market that needs fixing, but a complete crash is out of the question.. #$% Karl D..

/rantoff

[edit on 9/16/2009 by Rockpuck]

I learned a long time ago ,never to say never. I have seen things happen in the last year that i would have never thopught possible. Schiff's warning is only a small fraction of what he really means. Can a total collapse of the system happen, absolutely--will it happen, maybe, maybe not. But to say it could never happen is ridiculous. When i see what the FEd is doing to the dollar, and what the foreign governments are doing to rid themselves of the dollar, you might want to think gaain of the "never can happen" statement. By the way, the barter system has been around almost as long a s prostitution.

A proven fact that anyone might want to consider. Stores only have about a three day supply of goods on hand. When a disruption such as swine flu outbreak happens, and all regional commerce is stopped. to prevent the spread of the flu, you'll be trading whatever you do have, for what you need real quick. So , thinking a total collapse can't happen is closed minded thinking as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Schiff is capitalizing on diaster. His agenda is to push Ron Paul at the expense of a little advise to those left out in the cold. Where was he when we really needed a warning and will he be on the front line handing out meals at the Red Cross stations?
If these people know so much then why aren't they using their talents in prevention? Instead they are selling their advise and offering... nothing.
We all know that 9/18 is a hotspot. We all know to prepare. I think he made a lame effort to warn, and a major effort to promote himself. jmho.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
He did not predict a total collapse but stated that the trending towards one was continuing. Obviously he thinks there is still time to avert a total collapse which is why he wants to run for the Senate to do what he can to help the nation but more likely the same over all financial system that he makes his own living off of, and would not be in his own benefit to see collapse.

I normally agree with what you say, but I follow him and I think he keeps things toned down a little for his interviews. I do think he thinks a fairly big collapse is very possible, "not Mad Max" as another said, but Weimar Republic style collapse, which is somewhere we do not want to go.

Why the heck can't I get my words out of quotes???

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:27 PM
link   
Political campaigning using intelligence from the sources who aren't being credited here. Where did Schiff get his info? Those are the important ones. I'm tired of this old agenda. He's even considering running for office soon... just sayin.

[edit on 17-9-2009 by JJay55]

[edit on 17-9-2009 by JJay55]

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by JJay55
Where was he when we really needed a warning

He was everywhere, no one would listen, they were too busy mocking him

www.youtube.com...

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildbob77
In planning for life, one should always include some effort for disaster preparation.

It's still easy to trot off to costco and purchase enough canned goods and dry food to last you for a long time. Read some of the survival posts to get an idea of what to do and what to purchase.

Start here

That's one of my posts about a practice way to start your path to being prepared. You don't have to be prepared to run for the hills for an economic problem, but you do need to have some food and water available should you need it.

Last Sept when it all went down.... I started eating non-stop for like 2 days... eventually I realized what it was...

I went out and bought a deep freeze for ~$250, then stocked it from costco.
I cleaned out my pantry and stocked it up with can goods.
Learned to cook many items...

Thank goodness I did, because with money coming in at different intervals, I've relied on those things more than once in the last year!

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by rogerstigers
Seriously?? Cigs?? I have smoked for almost 20 years. I look forward to the total collapse of society as we know it because finally cigs will be scarce enought that I can quit! *smirk*

You too...huh...lol

I don't know about stockpiling cigs and booze, then you gotta worry about people breaking into your house.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo

reply to post by hotrodturbo7

I get that. I am just trying to balance out the playing field by adding my thoughts. I haven't seen anyone offer up a point of view similar to mine and I thought it would help the conversations to see the other side of the coin. I know it has helped me understand better what others think.

There's probably a rock solid reason that you've not seen anyone offering up the same points as you - wanna take a guess why!?

Dude, you're new so I'll be gentle. You are advocating forced vaccination, FEMA camps, police states and martial law. You are placing blind support behind a man who has questionable associations at best and lacks any discernably meaningful experience at a minimum. You'll have to pardon the majority of us if we appear put off by your posts - it's because we are!!!

My sincere apologies for upsetting anyone on here. It was never my intention. You guys and gals have a great site and I only wanted to offer some insight or opinion that maybe wasn't available. Please understand I wasn't trying to offend or hijack you site.

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:46 PM
link   
Yes...STOCK UP NOW!

Buy MORE PRODUCTS NOW!!!

Do not SAVE YOUR MONEY!!!

But you will help save the economy...

Possibly some reverse psychology? Hmmm

posted on Sep, 17 2009 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Anonymous Avatar

Imminent? No way. There won't be a complete collapse. There are too many of us to let that happen. Some deal will get struck up between countries to continue to let everything operate business as usual.

We keep looking for the economy to breathe its last breath that we end up making it happen. Instead of continuing to do our work, live our lives and enjoy what we have, we keep looking at the glass being half empty. Very similar to rubberneckers on a highway who check out the accident. Yes bad things are happening but if you stare long enough and take your eyes off the road, you will cause the next accident and some guy will say, I knew that was going to happen.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join